ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Pigs fly

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

OT: Pigs fly 

Post#1 » by hankscorpioLA » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:20 am

Read on Twitter
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
shiggydill
Sophomore
And1: 159

Re: OT: Pigs fly 

Post#2 » by shiggydill » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:23 am

Pretty hilarious how crazy the crowd is going over a #1 pick and franchise star finally making a 3. But does it even count if it's preseason?
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#3 » by Badonkadonk » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:25 am

I know it's been all jokes with Ben and his shooting, but apparently he's made legit progress this summer (unlike previous when his release was slow and he couldn't have anybody near him).

I already think the Sixers are comfortably better than the Bucks, but this would be huge for them.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,369

Post#4 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:37 am

Badonkadonk wrote:I know it's been all jokes with Ben and his shooting, but apparently he's made legit progress this summer (unlike previous when his release was slow and he couldn't have anybody near him).

I already think the Sixers are comfortably better than the Bucks, but this would be huge for them.

Both teams got worse from last year. Raptors would have had a walkover to the Finals if Kawhi stayed.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#5 » by TheRealDeal » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:46 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:I know it's been all jokes with Ben and his shooting, but apparently he's made legit progress this summer (unlike previous when his release was slow and he couldn't have anybody near him).

Both teams got worse from last year. Raptors would have had a walkover to the Finals if Kawhi stayed.

That’s the worst part about Kawhi leaving. It would’ve been a cakewalk to the Finals again with Danny & Kawhi back. Mans walked away from a championship
T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS
Analyst
And1: 1,266
Location: [STH] Toronto, ON = ah.. the memories of 500 level seats at skydome...

Post#6 » by T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:59 am

Happy to see he's developing his game.

I like the Sixers, but I don't buy the hype as much as others. I think they will be a better regular season team, but they will not be better in the playoffs, where they will severely miss Jimmy Butler.
HeartDonor
Rookie
And1: 3,765

Post#7 » by HeartDonor » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:20 am

LOL HE GOT THE MAX BEFORE HE EVER MADE A 3
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#8 » by sule » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:28 am

Simmons operating on the outside taking shots likely allows Embiid to operate closer to the basket, instead of having to start plays on the perimeter before moving towards the post.

Embiid operating closer to the post for longer periods of time could very well tire him out even quicker than last season. His conditioning last season meant he was much less effective in the 4th quarters.

With Butler gone and Simmons (maybe) taking some shots on the outside, could improve their overall offensive firepower, but it could also potentially result in more 4th quarter collapses. Butler was instrumental for them in the 4th when Embiid tired out and his lack of conditioning kicked in.

With Simmons on the outside (instead of inside) and Embiid operating inside, it makes it more likely for teams to just go at Embiid while they challenge the Sixers to pass the ball out to Simmons and force him to take 3's.

It could end up being a Demar situation, where he starts taking a bunch of 3's early in the season, and when teams challenge him to continue taking more or his efficiency and effectiveness are down, he regresses to his comfort level from the last couple seasons.

Forcing Simmons to take 3's or trying to get him to take it to the hole while Embiid is down there, could be an effective strategy to get Embiid and Simmons bumping into each other and taking away spots from each other.

Should be interesting to see how teams play this, if he really is ready to integrate the 3 into his arsenal.
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#9 » by mowcrowbar » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:39 am

shiggydill wrote:Pretty hilarious how crazy the crowd is going over a #1 pick and franchise star finally making a 3. But does it even count if it's preseason?

Obviously Simmons was selected first without a having 3, but that didn't stop him from dominating thus far. With a respectable open 3, this guy is going to be a perennial allstar and future superstar.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#10 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:52 am

He's a meme at this point.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#11 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:00 am

Against a Chinese team and preseason, doesn't count.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,137

Post#12 » by xAIRNESSx » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:02 am

Happy that he’s working on this.

He’s a talented kid. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to shoot a respectable jumper.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#13 » by Badonkadonk » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:37 am

TheRealDeal wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

That’s the worst part about Kawhi leaving. It would’ve been a cakewalk to the Finals again with Danny & Kawhi back. Mans walked away from a championship

I think Horford and J-Rich are far better fits with Embiid/Simmons/Harris than Jimmy+Reddick were. Butler was disruptive to the Sixers on both offense and defense and I think Horford, in particular, is going to have a huge impact - he has one of the highest BBIQs in the league for his position.

I don't think it's a fluke that we finished the Bucks in 6 but the Philly series went down to the wire. Honestly, Milwaukee is easier to gameplan for and losing Brogdon is really going to hurt them.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,856

Post#14 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:45 am

I love Simmons, but man this is actually sad.

Making him feel like that special ed kid that you purposely let score to bring a smile to his face.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#15 » by Psubs » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:14 am

TheBoi10 wrote:Against a Chinese team and preseason, doesn't count.

Also the defender gave him 10 feet of space. :lol:

In reality, vs NBA teams maybe he gets to 20-25% this season. Let him shoot that all day, it's hurting the team.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#16 » by SHFT » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:45 am

tbh id rather him shoot those and hit some then have him operate inside the line.

Lets see if he can do them when the pressure is really on. We all saw Siakam get better at 3's last season only to shy away in the playoffs when he started missing them.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#17 » by SHFT » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:49 am

Badonkadonk wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

I think Horford and J-Rich are far better fits with Embiid/Simmons/Harris than Jimmy+Reddick were. Butler was disruptive to the Sixers on both offense and defense and I think Horford, in particular, is going to have a huge impact - he has one of the highest BBIQs in the league for his position.

I don't think it's a fluke that we finished the Bucks in 6 but the Philly series went down to the wire. Honestly, Milwaukee is easier to gameplan for and losing Brogdon is really going to hurt them.

The main problem with this is his position is occupied by their best player by far. They either split time at the C leaving less minutes for both of them or they share the floor, severely taking one out of position and decreasing their effectiveness anyways.

That being said, we showed the world how to stop the Bucks and they lost Brogdon. Sixers are more of an unknown and therefore worry me more than the Bucks do.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,489

Post#18 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:22 pm

Steven Adams also hit a 3.

End of the world is near.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#19 » by LiSTWithLani » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:29 pm

People forget that Mil lost Mirotic as well. Brogdon was wonderful for them.

in PHI Richardson is being slept on.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#20 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:33 pm

What an ugly shot.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)

Return to Toronto Raptors