ImageImageImageImageImage

OG - Let's be fair to him

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Re: OG - Let's be fair to him 

Post#121 » by XxIronChainzxX » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:01 pm

In my view OG can be an excellent 3&D player - someone in the mold of Danny G. That's exactly the kind of you who you need to win a title. He can guard multiple positions. As the 4th option he showed he was reliable in his 1st year.

Obviously the team wants to help him grow in terms of his driving game and ability to create his own shot. But he has potential to be a starter on a title team. That's big.

We've got a #2 piece on a title team in Siakam. We've got going guys + veterans. We are just short of a superstar. The last time we got one we won a title as some of you may remember.

The glass is very full at this point.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,559

Post#122 » by Mak » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:14 pm

poomaster wrote:OG is a pile of garbage and needs to be traded before the rest of the league realize how much he sucks.

No aggressiveness, no motor, uncoordinated, low IQ.

He needs to be traded for a 1st rounder or a young prospect before his value completely plummets.

Early season classic. :lol:
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#123 » by Psubs » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:50 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:In my view OG can be an excellent 3&D player - someone in the mold of Danny G. That's exactly the kind of you who you need to win a title. He can guard multiple positions. As the 4th option he showed he was reliable in his 1st year.

Obviously the team wants to help him grow in terms of his driving game and ability to create his own shot. But he has potential to be a starter on a title team. That's big.

We've got a #2 piece on a title team in Siakam. We've got going guys + veterans. We are just short of a superstar. The last time we got one we won a title as some of you may remember.

The glass is very full at this point.

OG is Ron Artest 2.0, who more athletic with better 3pt shooting.

I an see him putting up around 15 ppg and winning most improved player! :D

What's insane is that Siakam could go from 17 ppg to 26 ppg and take that award himself! :o
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,061

Post#124 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Mak wrote:
poomaster wrote:OG is a pile of garbage and needs to be traded before the rest of the league realize how much he sucks.

He needs to be traded for a 1st rounder or a young prospect before his value completely plummets.

Early season classic. :lol:

And from such a keen student of the game. I'm shocked that this "poomaster" - if that's even his real name - could be so wrong.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#125 » by SHFT » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:00 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Mak wrote:

Early season classic.

And from such a keen student of the game. I'm shocked that this "poomaster" - if that's even his real name - could be so wrong.
Hahahaha lmaooo nothing beats absolutely swatting these negative hot takes into the stands

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,703

Post#126 » by Yallbecrazy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:05 pm

I'm going to the game Monday, I'm conflicted. Should I boo him or not?
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,346

Post#127 » by MadDogSHWA » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:09 pm

OG oh my!

If last night was OG's ceiling that's a great draft pick. Now he just needs to work on being able to consistently give that kind of effort. I'm not expecting 4 blocks per game but I do expect him to be able to eventually bring that intensity each night.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#128 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:16 pm

LOL some of you guys are TRASH talent evaluators :lol: :lol:
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,061

Post#129 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:18 pm

SHFT wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Mak wrote:
Early season classic.

Hahahaha lmaooo nothing beats absolutely swatting these negative hot takes into the stands

On the Raptors board, we're playing with a juiced ball every season.
poomaster
Senior
And1: 701

Post#130 » by poomaster » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:26 pm

SHFT wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Mak wrote:
Early season classic.

:D :lol: You want to throw a little parade for yourself after OG plays well against what will probably be the worst team in the NBA next to the Pelicans and probably Knicks this season? :lol: How pathetic. I hope you don't forget yourself when they play against the Sixers or the Bucks and see what happens then. Where were you when the Celtics won? I don't think I remember you running around here pounding your chest.

Celebrating doing well against a bottom 3 team in the NBA :lol: Savour these little moments while you can.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#131 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:43 pm

This fan base just doesn't get it when it comes to OG and norm. It's not just 1or 3 games and wow!! It's consistency!!!!!!!!! Can they do it consistently!!!!!! That's always been the problem with both these guys. This fan base overreacts every time these guys have a couple good games smh it's nothing shocking. We've seen this movie before. CAN THEY DO IT CONSISTENTLY!!!!!! Another thing is can they both produce together ? It's always one or the other. Wait until norm goes on his typical 2 weeks run smh.. CONSISTENCY ON THE SEASON!!!
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#132 » by Marty_Budda » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:This fan base just doesn't get it when it comes to OG and norm. It's not just 1or 3 games and wow!! It's consistency!!!!!!!!! Can they do it consistently!!!!!! That's always been the problem with both these guys. This fan base overreacts every time these guys have a couple good games smh it's nothing shocking. We've seen this movie before. CAN THEY DO IT CONSISTENTLY!!!!!! Another thing is can they both produce together ? It's always one or the other. Wait until norm goes on his typical 2 weeks run smh.. CONSISTENCY ON THE SEASON!!!

And you also just don’t get that many young players - and I’m talking about specifically OG here, have a thought time playing well consistently. Only a select few special talent young players play well consistently in the league right off the bat at 21/22. It takes time! I’m so glad we don’t have a bunch of emotional trigger happy people running this franchise (opposite to many of our fans).

You can clearly see the potential with og (which is why so many of us are getting excited) and he should be afforded time to get it right as he is still very young.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,073

Post#133 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:21 pm

expecting tross to become a star was pretty reasonable. you drafted him over andre drummond and the scouts saw something the ordinary fan couldnt. but many fans did see that as an idiotic move by the raptors management and they are still right about it to this day.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#134 » by tor1234567 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:37 pm

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again.

Bruce Bowen on steroids.
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,695

Post#135 » by Kurtz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:49 pm

poomaster wrote:
SHFT wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

:D :lol: You want to throw a little parade for yourself after OG plays well against what will probably be the worst team in the NBA next to the Pelicans and probably Knicks this season? :lol: How pathetic. I hope you don't forget yourself when they play against the Sixers or the Bucks and see what happens then. Where were you when the Celtics won? I don't think I remember you running around here pounding your chest.

Celebrating doing well against a bottom 3 team in the NBA :lol: Savour these little moments while you can.

The Bulls and the Pelicans won't be in the bottom 3. Have you seen the rosters of Charlotte, Cleveland, Wizards, Grizzlies, Knicks, etc?

Raptors experience and teamwork is just too much for young, average teams to handle.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#136 » by Asif16 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:59 pm

OG definitely making me eat crow.

And I love it. Keep proving me wrong
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#137 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:expecting tross to become a star was pretty reasonable. you drafted him over andre drummond and the scouts saw something the ordinary fan couldnt. but many fans did see that as an idiotic move by the raptors management and they are still right about it to this day.
I dunno, tross is damn solid 3 and d while Drummond puts up the box scores for your fantasy team he ain't built for the modern game. They are both meh I guess nothing to lose sleep over

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#138 » by Matty » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:expecting tross to become a star was pretty reasonable. you drafted him over andre drummond and the scouts saw something the ordinary fan couldnt. but many fans did see that as an idiotic move by the raptors management and they are still right about it to this day.

No it was not. He was not drafted for that purpose. We drafted him to be an elite 3 & D player and that's exactly what he is today except now he's coming off the bench for Orlando and providing that 6th man role for them.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#139 » by Psubs » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:This fan base just doesn't get it when it comes to OG and norm. It's not just 1or 3 games and wow!! It's consistency!!!!!!!!! Can they do it consistently!!!!!! That's always been the problem with both these guys. This fan base overreacts every time these guys have a couple good games smh it's nothing shocking. We've seen this movie before. CAN THEY DO IT CONSISTENTLY!!!!!! Another thing is can they both produce together ? It's always one or the other. Wait until norm goes on his typical 2 weeks run smh.. CONSISTENCY ON THE SEASON!!!

And you also just don’t get that many young players - and I’m talking about specifically OG here, have a thought time playing well consistently. Only a select few special talent young players play well consistently in the league right off the bat at 21/22. It takes time! I’m so glad we don’t have a bunch of emotional trigger happy people running this franchise (opposite to many of our fans).

You can clearly see the potential with og (which is why so many of us are getting excited) and he should be afforded time to get it right as he is still very young.

I forgot that OG is still only 22! :o
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,627

Post#140 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Congratulations. You just described a superstar. Someone that is the better player regardless of the matchup. :roll:

The people on the bad side of this started with stupidity like he has no handle, can’t drive, no motor, can’t defend well even. Let’s allow that as the benchmark in this conversation because there’s been a **** ton of baaaaad OG takes by a bunch of bad basketball minds here.

And I’m not sure how you can’t see what’s different in his game and try to pin this on sample size.

Return to Toronto Raptors