ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Re: Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry 

Post#21 » by Roco14 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:35 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:What the hell is Chris Paul doing in that video? We are not taking on that contract nor are we better moving forward with him.

Watch the vid. They were discussing how teams might be looking to pick up Chris Paul and they brought up the point that Kyle is arguably a better pickup/alternative for some contending teams
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#22 » by Oakville_Raptor » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:39 am

I laughed at Lowe mentioning the Pistons going after Lowry...lol
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,576

Post#23 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:14 am

Any lowry trade needs picks involved
Totem
Analyst
And1: 3,161

Post#24 » by Totem » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 am

Id trade him to minny for Covington + pick. But im not sure Minny does that

Edit: I'd do Winslow + pick for miami as well
Product of TZ
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,431

Post#25 » by mtcan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:02 am

Brinbe wrote:What is a good package for Lowry look like? A star Wing? A prospect? Draft picks?

Think...the kind of return Jimmy Butler got you last season when he forced his way off the Minnesota Timberwolves...only Lowry isn't actively forcing his way out. I was telling some of you people who hated the extension Lowry was signed for...this makes any potential trade package for him more attractive.

If an expiring Jimmy got you Saric, Covington and a second round pick...a championship Kyle signed to an extra year is easily worth a good young prospect and a pick.

I want Tyler Herro from Miami or Justise Winslow. It could be Herro, Dragic's expiring contract, James Johnson and their first round pick...
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#26 » by Danny1616 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Lowry isn't getting traded, lol.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#27 » by StopitLeo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Brinbe wrote:What is a good package for Lowry look like? A star Wing? A prospect? Draft picks?

A team that can use Lowry will be trying to go deep in the playoffs so the wouldn't be able to afford to trade a star player.

In this kind of trade scenario my preference would be to get future first round picks anticipating that the team trading for Lowry will decline into a rebuild in the next 7 years. I'm sure some people think that there is no way Lowry could return multiple picks but the fact that Lowry signed an extension makes him more valuable since he won't be a rental.

You know what would be amazing? If he was traded to the Spurs.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#28 » by Kingsway_fan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:28 pm

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:Get a good package and you take it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This.
Ganjamayne
Starter
And1: 5,308

Post#29 » by Ganjamayne » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:34 pm

I thought we couldn't trade him this year or was it not until Jan once he got that extension?
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#30 » by dagger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Oakville_Raptor wrote:I laughed at Lowe mentioning the Pistons going after Lowry...lol

I am intrigued by Orlando because of the Weltman connection - we've traded with them before and teams that trade with each other tend will often do so repeatedly. If Markelle Fultz is not the answer - possibly even if he is - Lowry would be a nice bridge for a team on the upswing, but needing veteran leadership and grit. Orlando owns all its picks. If Fultz looks like someone the Magic can't depend on to take them to the next level, a package of him (expiring) plus Evan Fournier plus a first works capwise, with the possibility of moving Fournier to a third team.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Kingsway_fan
RealGM

Post#31 » by Kingsway_fan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Hope raps trade lowry and gasol at the deadline... extend ibaka...and fred.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM

Post#32 » by Kingsway_fan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Hope raps trade lowry and gasol at the deadline... extend ibaka...and fred.

Time to retool around pascal....
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#33 » by daswunderboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:21 pm

I've said it before, but the team that we have a potential trade with is Boston, and not for Lowry, but for Gasol. They are desperate for up the middle help (lol at the idea of Kanter guarding Embiid in the playoffs). Some type of trade for one of their many picks seems reasonable. A bigger trade that brings Jaylen Brown back could even make sense (bigger as in something like OG and Gasol for Brown).
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 775

Post#34 » by mulamutti » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Imo Lowry is the one guy you don't trade on this team. Completely ignoring all the legacy factors, when he is on the floor everyone plays better. He is an unbelievable passer, one of the few PGs in the league that can actually guard all positions and has so many good qualities that gets him one of the highest plus minuses in the team. Regardless of who else we trade, Lowry guarantees cohesive play, and championship leadership that a young team would need. Unless you get a huge haul back I see No value in trading lowry.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#35 » by tdotrep2 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm

daswunderboy wrote:I've said it before, but the team that we have a potential trade with is Boston, and not for Lowry, but for Gasol. They are desperate for up the middle help (lol at the idea of Kanter guarding Embiid in the playoffs). Some type of trade for one of their many picks seems reasonable. A bigger trade that brings Jaylen Brown back could even make sense (bigger as in something like OG and Gasol for Brown).

pretty much every contender would want gasol
daswunderboy
Analyst

Post#36 » by daswunderboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:41 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
daswunderboy wrote:I've said it before, but the team that we have a potential trade with is Boston, and not for Lowry, but for Gasol. They are desperate for up the middle help (lol at the idea of Kanter guarding Embiid in the playoffs). Some type of trade for one of their many picks seems reasonable. A bigger trade that brings Jaylen Brown back could even make sense (bigger as in something like OG and Gasol for Brown).

They would. I think Boston is just a natural fit though in the east. Everyone saw how he handled Embiid, and Boston has assets to work with. Boston has their own 1st, the Bucks 1st (top 7 protected), and the Grizzlies 1st (top 6 protected).
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#37 » by tdotrep2 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm

daswunderboy wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:

They would. I think Boston is just a natural fit though in the east. Everyone saw how he handled Embiid, and Boston has assets to work with. Boston has their own 1st, the Bucks 1st (top 7 protected), and the Grizzlies 1st (top 6 protected).

makes sense, in terms of assets they are the team that could supply them best. Ainge is notoriously a stinge tho im not sure if he would be willing to cough up what masai would want.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#38 » by Metallikid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Baseless drivel.
daswunderboy
Analyst

Post#39 » by daswunderboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:08 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
daswunderboy wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:pretty much every contender would want gasol

makes sense, in terms of assets they are the team that could supply them best. Ainge is notoriously a stinge tho im not sure if he would be willing to cough up what masai would want.

True. I do wonder if teams will see how being bold helped Masai last year though. If you keep waiting to pull the trigger, you may miss out on a winnable title. And this year is definitely winnable for maybe 6 or 7 teams. There is no Warriors like destroyer of worlds (sorry Clippers fans, but your team is flawed, and until we know for sure that 2 shoulder surgeries won't impact George, I'm not as high on them as others are).
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#40 » by Asif16 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Dont see it going down that road...but Miami would make sense.

Lowry and Butler are close and Lowry is the type of player Miami seems most likely to go after

Return to Toronto Raptors