ImageImageImageImageImage

Preseason Game Thread 3 : Bull poop vs Champs - 6pm est sunday

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Re: Preseason Game Thread 3 : Bull poop vs Champs - 6pm est sunday 

Post#301 » by Alfred » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:29 am

The three new players who looked the best to me were:

-Thomas. Hit that very JJ Redick-esque three off the screen. Offensively he’s making good reads and passes. Had a terrible defensive play where he sprinted past his man and had to foul. Looked a bit tentative to shoot as well.
-Terence Davis had a mediocre game, but you can definitely see why people are excited. Athletic, good ball handling skills, pretty looking jumper. Definitely should play over McCaw.
-Hernandez has a quiet game, but grabbed boards, hit easy shots and made some nice passes. He could crack the rotation this year, because I think he’s better than Boucher.

Boucher has a really selfish game. Not a fan of his at all. Payne is straight up garbage, but everyone who has watched him at all knows this. Stanley had some really bad possessions on offense.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#302 » by Steelo Green » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:37 am

OG was the best player pretty comfortably for me. He looked better with his handles but not a major change either. What he did add is a spin similar to Pascal but not as clean. His passing was a pleasant surprise. A lot of really clean no look passes. Needs more effort when grabbing boards. Comfortable out there and solid on those drives. Needs to improve the FTs.

I liked Bouchers energy on both sides of the ball. He’s ahead of RHJ in my depth chart.

Stanley looked awful, RHJ too, Matt Thomas has better handles than I thought. Missed some bunnies but likely a bit of nerves playing his first home event.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,039

Post#303 » by ItsDanger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:40 am

Stanley should not drive to the basket anymore, horrible scoring touch, maybe his arms are too short or has low vertical? Stick to catch and shoot 3's and dribble to mid range. I actually like him better than most here because of his defensive skillset.

I think this game destroyed FVV's hope of starting a lot this season. TD just doesn't care of the ball well enough yet.

Boucher is not an NBA player. Hopefully, Dewan replaces him by mid-season. Dewan needs to work on his rotations.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#304 » by Yeezus_ » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 am

ItsDanger wrote:Stanley should not drive to the basket anymore, horrible scoring touch, maybe his arms are too short or has low vertical? Stick to catch and shoot 3's and dribble to mid range. I actually like him better than most here because of his defensive skillset.

I think this game destroyed FVV's hope of starting a lot this season. TD just doesn't care of the ball well enough yet.

Boucher is not an NBA player. Hopefully, Dewan replaces him by mid-season. Dewan needs to work on his rotations.
yeah Stan needs to refine his game to be solely 3&d
Yeezy SZN approaching
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#305 » by Boogie! » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 am

Steelo Green wrote:OG was the best player pretty comfortably for me. He looked better with his handles but not a major change either. What he did add is a spin similar to Pascal but not as clean. His passing was a pleasant surprise. A lot of really clean no look passes. Needs more effort when grabbing boards. Comfortable out there and solid on those drives. Needs to improve the FTs.

I liked Bouchers energy on both sides of the ball. He’s ahead of RHJ in my depth chart.

Stanley looked awful, RHJ too, Matt Thomas has better handles than I thought. Missed some bunnies but likely a bit of nerves playing his first home event.

Matt Thomas will be fije in a jj Redick type role where's he's just catching and shooting. I like that he can run off screens and shoot we need a player like that. I don't expect him nor do I want him having to make decisions with the ball.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#306 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 am

Yeezus_ wrote:So Grange is a fraud who made up the Lowry wont play until he signs his new deal story right? Lowry still isn’t playing.

Grange has always been a fraud
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Post#307 » by Jcity08 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 am

Alfred wrote:The three new players who looked the best to me were:

-Thomas. Hit that very JJ Redick-esque three off the screen. Offensively he’s making good reads and passes. Had a terrible defensive play where he sprinted past his man and had to foul. Looked a bit tentative to shoot as well.
-Terence Davis had a mediocre game, but you can definitely see why people are excited. Athletic, good ball handling skills, pretty looking jumper. Definitely should play over McCaw.
-Hernandez has a quiet game, but grabbed boards, hit easy shots and made some nice passes. He could crack the rotation this year, because I think he’s better than Boucher.

Boucher has a really selfish game. Not a fan of his at all. Payne is straight up garbage, but everyone who has watched him at all knows this. Stanley had some really bad possessions on offense.

Hernandez looked like he struggled to score in the post, an area of his game he must improve. His rebounding is going to be a big asset though.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,418

Post#308 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:57 am

Stanley johnson is pure garbage.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#309 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:00 am

Man, am I glad I sold my tickets this morning!

Yeezus_ wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Stanley should not drive to the basket anymore, horrible scoring touch, maybe his arms are too short or has low vertical? Stick to catch and shoot 3's and dribble to mid range. I actually like him better than most here because of his defensive skillset.

But SJ doesn't think of himself as a 3 and D guy. He thinks he can drive the ball. He thinks wrongly. He can't even shoot FTs consistently. I'm really disappointed with Stanley.

Rondae at least is a good passer and looks fairly comfortable out there. Matty T has to his open shots more consistently, but it looks like he actually has skills. I'll take a middle class man's Redick any day. Dewan needs to rebound consistently, maybe add some strength down in the 905.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#310 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:02 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Man, am I glad I sold my tickets this morning!

Yeezus_ wrote:

But SJ doesn't think of himself as a 3 and D guy. He thinks he can drive the ball. He thinks wrongly. He can't even shoot FTs consistently. I'm really disappointed with Stanley.

Rondae at least is a good passer and looks fairly comfortable out there. Matty T has to his open shots more consistently, but it looks like he actually has skills. I'll take a middle class man's Redick any day. Dewan needs to rebound consistently, maybe add some strength down in the 905.

Exactly. SJ is more Demar than 3 and D.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
LilRomeo905
Junior
And1: 267

Post#311 » by LilRomeo905 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:04 am

WuTang_OG wrote:Stanley johnson is pure garbage.

Everyone here thought he was a good pick-up
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,418

Post#312 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:08 am

LilRomeo905 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Stanley johnson is pure garbage.

Everyone here thought he was a good pick-up

Including myself. Low risk high reward but i think its clear hes one of those players who imagines he has michael jordan skill but instead has the talent of a end of a roster role player.
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#313 » by artsncrafts » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:09 am

What the hell kind of lineup is that! The season starts soon!
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,746

Post#314 » by And1Skip » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:23 am

Though Boucher had a bad game and I don’t think he would crack the rotation anyway, you got to consider he woke up today at 3am and went to the Practice facility at 4am (based on his Instagram story) and is seriously jet lagged (and I’m sure the rest of the team is too)
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#315 » by hype_2004 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 am

Boucher was pressing, he's always looking to get his, seems time to be a low IQ player that gets lost in offensive and defensive sets. He has no place in the rotation if he keeps playing like this, considering his advance age he should be along shot to make this team.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#316 » by ItsDanger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:37 am

hype_2004 wrote:

Boucher was pressing, he's always looking to get his, seems time to be a low IQ player that gets lost in offensive and defensive sets. He has no place in the rotation if he keeps playing like this, considering his advance age he should be along shot to make this team.

Consistent with him skipping FIBA Worlds on his professional head coach. A CLM in any other field. Maybe another GM is fooled and Masai can dump him for a veteran backup.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#317 » by tor1234567 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:41 am

A lot of people here knew Boucher was likely never going to be an NBA rotation player.

But there are a lot of people rooting for him because he is Canadian, which is clouding their judgement.

He'll be 27 soon, so just on age alone it's not gonna happen.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#318 » by ItsDanger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:49 am

For those not keeping up with current events, Cameron Payne is still trash.

Masai, you know what to do.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#319 » by Alfred » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 am

ItsDanger wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:

Consistent with him skipping FIBA Worlds on his professional head coach. A CLM in any other field. Maybe another GM is fooled and Masai can dump him for a veteran backup.

Yeah that was a complete head-scratcher.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#320 » by hype_2004 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:56 am

Alfred wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:

Yeah that was a complete head-scratcher.

A low IQ decision, I just don't think this guy is a very smart person, that just didn't make no damn sense to me.

Return to Toronto Raptors