ImageImageImageImageImage

Nurse harshly criticizes RHJ and Stanley Johnson

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Re: Nurse harshly criticizes RHJ and Stanley Johnson 

Post#81 » by SHFT » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:08 pm

HOOOOO MANNN

This scenario is better to me than if they hit the ground running (because their role will be small barring something unpredictable happening). Nurse will get them around or Masai will get them out.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
makeready
Senior
And1: 1,222

Post#82 » by makeready » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 pm

i support the hard line here but i wonder why we don't see coaches do this more often. Chances are this is a bridge-burning move, not that that makes it wrong.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#83 » by YelloC » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:10 pm

Alfred wrote:Stanley Johnson deserves that criticism from how he has played, but does RHJ? He seemed pretty unselfish on the offensive end. I can’t comment on how he’s played the defensive coverages though.

RHJ seems to fumble the ball every time he touches it. His hands and handle need some work.
I’d say his effort is good but it could just look that way because he’s missing assignments and has to hustle to recover. I think RHJ will round into form before Stanley, though.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#84 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 pm

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:When was the last time we actually signed a decent free agent? We're better off just getting undrafted dudes than cast offs from other teams it seems....

Carrol was a decent free agent signing. He just got hurt often. Of course we signed our own free agents.

We're a blue collar team, full of dawgs. It's hard to find FA that fit that mode. Jimmy Butler is blue collar but his attitude doesn't match. It's funny but Kawhi fits as a blue collar superstar. Well, I hope one of the two can turn it around and be the back-up defensive wing we need.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#85 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:21 pm

makeready wrote:i support the hard line here but i wonder why we don't see coaches do this more often. Chances are this is a bridge-burning move, not that that makes it wrong.

These guys aren’t marquee free agents you have to use kid gloves on. Realistically you could cut either one of them and it wouldn’t matter.

That said I don’t know if I like a coach getting after players to the media, but maybe it’s the consensus amongst the locker room and Nurse is just the guy who made it known.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#86 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:22 pm

YelloC wrote:
Alfred wrote:Stanley Johnson deserves that criticism from how he has played, but does RHJ? He seemed pretty unselfish on the offensive end. I can’t comment on how he’s played the defensive coverages though.

RHJ seems to fumble the ball every time he touches it. His hands and handle need some work.
I’d say his effort is good but it could just look that way because he’s missing assignments and has to hustle to recover. I think RHJ will round into form before Stanley, though.

I also think RHJ will find his footing more quickly. I think he knows he’s a role player, and Stanley hasn’t quite figured it out yet.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#87 » by Psubs » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:23 pm

YelloC wrote:

That's why BK moved him to PF.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,648

Post#88 » by sbsat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Damn man that was hard to read and i am not even the one being criticized
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#89 » by mowcrowbar » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Fringe starters on bad teams. Yeah, not expecting anything from them.
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,240

Post#90 » by Stromile12 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 pm

Scrubs always come here and think they're Kobe, so I'm not surprised.
booyah_child
Sixth Man
And1: 818

Post#91 » by booyah_child » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Oof. Sounds even harsher when you hear it. Man looks stern.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,439

Post#92 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Stromile12 wrote:Scrubs always come here and think they're Kobe, so I'm not surprised.

Yeah based on these comments, I think the sense is both guys came here thinking they could take some sort of offensive role with us and showcase themselves.

I think they needed to get back down to earth which is why Nurse finally gave it to them.

These guys gotta realize there are good players on this team and they were brought in here to defend first then get their offence within the system.
ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Post#93 » by ChimRichalds » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Good. At the very least, one of these dudes is not only expendable, but actively getting in the way of a younger, possibly better guy getting playing time. If they don't wanna buy in, they can ride the pine pony until they or until they **** off. I'd rather Davis and Thomas in the lineup anyways.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Post#94 » by Zeno » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:51 pm

"We got some work to do with all that crew" lol.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
knickerbocker2k2
General Manager
And1: 4,455

Post#95 » by knickerbocker2k2 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 pm

This is not as bad as it sounds. The question was about those two players but Nick's response was for all the new folks. Basically calling out all the new folks and letting them know they are low on the tantum pole in terms of offense and defense is how they are going to get on the floor.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#96 » by C_Money » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 pm

I don’t have high hopes for any of the new guys tbh. Props to NIck Nurse for calling them out. More coaches need to do this.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,543

Post#97 » by Jcity08 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Stromile12 wrote:Scrubs always come here and think they're Kobe, so I'm not surprised.

Yeah based on these comments, I think the sense is both guys came here thinking they could take some sort of offensive role with us and showcase themselves.

I think they needed to get back down to earth which is why Nurse finally gave it to them.

These guys gotta realize there are good players on this team and they were brought in here to defend first then get their offence within the system.

Bingo. You either buy in or you get out.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#98 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:01 pm

I rather give Devin Robinson their spots than anything. but i'm afraid he's going to get cut too or i hope they use the two way on him

Lowry
Powell
OG
Siakam
Gasol

FVV
Thomas
Miller
McCaw
Ibaka

TD
Dewan (inactive)
Boucher (inactive)
RHJ
SJ

Brisset
Devin Robinson

SJ and RHJ have guaranteed contracts. so I think Brisset and Robinson going to 905 on two way contracts

gawd i hope Payne is waved. Taylor is gone as well.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#99 » by YelloC » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:I rather give Devin Robinson their spots than anything. but i'm afraid he's going to get cut too or i hope they use the two way on him

Lowry
Powell
OG
Siakam
Gasol

FVV
Thomas
Miller
McCaw
Ibaka

TD
Dewan (inactive)
Boucher (inactive)
RHJ
SJ

Brisset
Devin Robinson

SJ and RHJ have guaranteed contracts. so I think Brisset and Robinson going to 905 on two way contracts

gawd i hope Payne is waved. Taylor is gone as well.

Brisset has shown good hustle so far. If he gets a consistent 3 he’ll have a decent career in the league.
Dewan seems like a heady player and quick learner that picks his spots within the flow of the offence.
Devin reminds me of Jamario Moon in physique and play style.
Miller has probably earned his spot in the bench mob with his shooting.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#100 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:16 pm

knock knock

Who's there? :(

your career
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)

Return to Toronto Raptors