ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Morris_Shatford, Duffman100, Rhettmatic, Alfred, DG88, Patman, pbj

And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,051
And1: 5,974
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#1 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.
YoungG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,969
And1: 4,116
Joined: Nov 29, 2011

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#2 » by YoungG » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:26 pm

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.


Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.
User avatar
blastttOFF
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,683
And1: 4,988
Joined: Mar 13, 2007

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#3 » by blastttOFF » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Marc Gasol with the good ol' summer gaining 10 lbs of muscle.
User avatar
beeshake
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 1,080
Joined: Jul 08, 2014
   

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#4 » by beeshake » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Marc Gasol having a championship summer babyy!
Image
Danny1616
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,952
And1: 4,744
Joined: May 26, 2007

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#5 » by Danny1616 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm

blastttOFF wrote:Marc Gasol with the good ol' summer gaining 10 lbs of muscle.


He's actually probably in great shape after spending nearly 2 months playing with Spain over the summer.
User avatar
Indeed
RealGM
Posts: 14,289
And1: 870
Joined: Aug 21, 2009

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#6 » by Indeed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Without shoes.
Probably the reason of the difference between the previous measurement.
User avatar
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,696
And1: 7,134
Joined: May 31, 2012
Location: Edmonton
       

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#7 » by Red_Claw » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:37 pm

YoungG wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.


Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.



BOUCHER WILL NEVER GET BIGGER. That is his frame/size for the rest of his career. The player you want him to be isin't going to happen but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.

Boucher is a 3pt shooter/shot blocker. He's not a positional rebounder but he can use his length to get boards. He's the fastest runner on the team for his size and he looks to run every play. He'll most likely never be a starter in this league and won't win every match up but he brings energy and scoring which is exactly what you want off the bench.

When we look at bench players, you will rarely find all around players unless they are young and developing. Every bench player has disadvantages. Its the coaches job to have them excel with their advantages.

Keon Clark was a druggy but he had the same frame as Boucher in a league that use to be all about size. If Keon Clark played in this era, he'd be much more successful. No reason why Boucher can't be successful now. Just needs the playing time to get comfortable.
User avatar
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,696
And1: 7,134
Joined: May 31, 2012
Location: Edmonton
       

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#8 » by Red_Claw » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Not sure how anyone could call McCaw 6'7 when it was pretty obvious he's 6'5 or under. Whats really concerning is that he's 181lbs?!!

No wonder he's hurt all the time....
Tor_Raps
Starter
Posts: 2,006
And1: 2,657
Joined: Oct 14, 2018

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#9 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Surprised that FVV is the same height as Lowry. Weight is almost identical too.
YoungG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,969
And1: 4,116
Joined: Nov 29, 2011

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#10 » by YoungG » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
YoungG wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.


Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.



BOUCHER WILL NEVER GET BIGGER. That is his frame/size for the rest of his career. The player you want him to be isin't going to happen but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.

Boucher is a 3pt shooter/shot blocker. He's not a positional rebounder but he can use his length to get boards. He's the fastest runner on the team for his size and he looks to run every play. He'll most likely never be a starter in this league and won't win every match up but he brings energy and scoring which is exactly what you want off the bench.

When we look at bench players, you will rarely find all around players unless they are young and developing. Every bench player has disadvantages. Its the coaches job to have them excel with their advantages.

Keon Clark was a druggy but he had the same frame as Boucher in a league that use to be all about size. If Keon Clark played in this era, he'd be much more successful. No reason why Boucher can't be successful now. Just needs the playing time to get comfortable.


Well I hope he'll be successful for this team but honestly, I'm not high on him at all. I hope he proves me wrong.
Raptorfan2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,293
And1: 2,529
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#11 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:55 pm

YoungG wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.


Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.


Guy is 26 years old - chances of him growing an significant amount of muscle weight at this point is pretty slim (like him).

Still think he is better used as a forward than a C; his weight will matter less.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
Posts: 18,213
And1: 29,505
Joined: May 02, 2017
Location: No Wastemans Land
     

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#12 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Fred musta had inserts in his socks.
#SPICYSEASON (Hawks are a type of Raptor) >>>>>KING KAWHI<<<<< King of the North __DeAndre Hunter or die tryin__ #CAMFAM
Image
User avatar
MadDogSHWA
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,064
And1: 2,277
Joined: Nov 17, 2004

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#13 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:00 pm

I think it's great the league is doing this.
OG'ed up from the feet up

Image
tor1234567
Rookie
Posts: 1,027
And1: 969
Joined: May 31, 2018

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#14 » by tor1234567 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Fred is 6 feet tall?

No way.

Are they conducting these measurements in a strict manner?

I can see him fudging these numbers in a contract year.
And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,051
And1: 5,974
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#15 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:02 pm

tor1234567 wrote:Fred is 6 feet tall?

No way.

Are they conducting these measurements in a strict manner?

I can see him fudging these numbers in a contract year.


They have to be certified for the league so I'm sure there are penalties if they find the numbers are fudged.
mtcan
RealGM
Posts: 13,013
And1: 8,593
Joined: May 19, 2001

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#16 » by mtcan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
YoungG wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.


Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.


Guy is 26 years old - chances of him growing an significant amount of muscle weight at this point is pretty slim (like him).

Still think he is better used as a forward than a C; his weight will matter less.

Boucher is miscast if you look at him as a PF or C. His game and body shape makes him more of a SF. His body type reminds me of KD. He has a bit of handle and has outside shooting...play him at the 3/4.
User avatar
TheBoi10
Veteran
Posts: 2,649
And1: 4,764
Joined: Apr 13, 2018
 

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#17 » by TheBoi10 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Fred is like 5'10
User avatar
traps#10
Analyst
Posts: 3,143
And1: 3,458
Joined: Jul 07, 2007
Location: Toronto
       

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#18 » by traps#10 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:06 pm

I always thought that the Raptors should train/use Boucher as a SF like Kevin Durant. He’s too light and skinny to play PF/C imo.
User avatar
everdiso
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,121
And1: 5,381
Joined: Nov 18, 2008

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#19 » by everdiso » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Old measures were surprisingly accurate.

Cool to see Boucher was actual underheighted before.
"Enjoy the moment, stay here, stay together, we're good." - Kawhi L.
User avatar
gojoorange
Veteran
Posts: 2,671
And1: 1,875
Joined: Mar 04, 2007
Location: Vancouver
 

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#20 » by gojoorange » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Apparently these are rounded down. So I think Fred is actually above 6'0". The NBA is putting strict guidelines on how to get measurements.

Return to Toronto Raptors