ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#61 » by mtcan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:05 am

tor1234567 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

BOUCHER WILL NEVER GET BIGGER. That is his frame/size for the rest of his career. The player you want him to be isin't going to happen but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.

Boucher is a 3pt shooter/shot blocker. He's not a positional rebounder but he can use his length to get boards. He's the fastest runner on the team for his size and he looks to run every play. He'll most likely never be a starter in this league and won't win every match up but he brings energy and scoring which is exactly what you want off the bench.

When we look at bench players, you will rarely find all around players unless they are young and developing. Every bench player has disadvantages. Its the coaches job to have them excel with their advantages.

Keon Clark was a druggy but he had the same frame as Boucher in a league that use to be all about size. If Keon Clark played in this era, he'd be much more successful. No reason why Boucher can't be successful now. Just needs the playing time to get comfortable.

even before your post i went looking for a pic of Keon Clark because I was thinking the same as you. But then you see the pics and Keon he was a beanpole but he was also ripped. If Boucher could look like this he'd be fine but I don't think he does.

Keon Clark was "wirey" but still strong. Similar to how a young Kevin Garnett was.

Keon had zero issues going into the paint and dunking on players bigger than him.

Boucher is just frail.

Boucher is really a 3 or 4. He plays a perimeter type game...think KD type of game. He should never be asked to play the 5 and to anyone ripping his size because he wouldn't be able to bang inside...you are viewing him with the wrong lens. He is a 3/4 with some shot blocking capability...not a 5.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#62 » by Red_Claw » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:24 am

mtcan wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
even before your post i went looking for a pic of Keon Clark because I was thinking the same as you. But then you see the pics and Keon he was a beanpole but he was also ripped. If Boucher could look like this he'd be fine but I don't think he does.

Keon Clark was "wirey" but still strong. Similar to how a young Kevin Garnett was.

Keon had zero issues going into the paint and dunking on players bigger than him.

Boucher is just frail.

Boucher is really a 3 or 4. He plays a perimeter type game...think KD type of game. He should never be asked to play the 5 and to anyone ripping his size because he wouldn't be able to bang inside...you are viewing him with the wrong lens. He is a 3/4 with some shot blocking capability...not a 5.

....Except he just played at the 5 most if not all of the game against BKN and did a fine job. Not to mention he was bodying Deandre Jordan. I personally prefer him at the 4 but he can find minutes at the 5. There will be match up he can't win but if he's making 3s, he'll always provide more good than damage.
Public_Enemy101
Pro Prospect
And1: 936

Post#63 » by Public_Enemy101 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:52 am

Minimum 8 inches.
yt_boi
Bench Warmer
And1: 260

Post#64 » by yt_boi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:02 am

MadDogSHWA wrote:Next year we'll have reliable data for the previous year. I'm liking this new policy more and more.

It's a joke that it wasnt always accurate. I always remember kg saying hes 7'1 but listed at 6'11 so fans wouldn't say he should play centre
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,691

Post#65 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:12 am

Really like Siakam at SF
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#66 » by jeffya2 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:55 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Fred musta had inserts in his socks.

Nope but he does have a lot of sole :lol:
Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,391

Post#67 » by Darkseid » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:38 am

Siakam 6'8
provecy15
Senior
And1: 190

Post#68 » by provecy15 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:58 pm

McCaw is 6'5? Isaiah Taylor is 6'2? FVV is 6'? I'll eat my shoe if there is provided evidence that they are actually these heights.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#69 » by And1Skip » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:49 pm

And1Skip wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
And1Skip wrote:Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.

Apparently he has 4 lbs on Giannis (6'9" and 196 lbs from the revised measurements).

These measurements are garbage. Depending on the time of day that you measure a guy the height could be off by an inch and the weight by 5 lbs (or possibly more for both).

The Bucks haven't released their updated measurements yet (this is a new requirement by the NBA). And even if they have, doesn't mean the website would update (that all depends how lazy or not is the team web guy). 6'9 and 196 is more like his draft height and weight. We all know that publicly the team said Giannis grew to 6-11 by 2016. I'm guessing without shoes, he's 6-11 and 230-40 now.

At 26 years old and 6-11, Boucher should be a skinny 220, but he's way lower than that.

The Bucks roster on their website has since been updated since yesterday (https://www.nba.com/bucks/roster). My prediction was right, Giannis now listed at 6-11, 242 lbs.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#70 » by And1Skip » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Ok now OFFICIAL, official measurements are up. Boucher is now 6'9 instead of 6'11 - OK, I can sorta accept him being 200 lbs now because of the 2 less inches LOL. And how is Ibaka 7 feet???

Return to Toronto Raptors