ImageImageImageImageImage

Final Lineup Announced (15 guaranteed, Brissette 2-way deal)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,439

Re: Final Lineup Announced (15 guaranteed, Brissette 2-way deal) 

Post#21 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 pm

ChimRichalds wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Nurse basically admitted his every day rotation

Lowry (32) - FVV (16)
FVV (12) - Norman (25) - Mccaw (11)
OG (32) - ?????
Siakam (34) - Serge (14) -
Gasol (28) - Serge (14) - Boucher the extra big ??

The back up 3 spot is such an unknown right now. They may have to move Norman there for some minutes then give some to Terence Davis at SG.

Even with the undecided backup 3 spot, there'll still be another guy in that rotation. At the very least, it'll be a ten man. Also OG definitely won't be getting 32 minutes, Johnson will take a few, and RHJ probably play a few minutes between the 4 and the 5.

RHJ won't be getting any minutes unless needed. Johnson will only be playing for situational need (for defensive purposes) as Nick alluded to yesterday. So both of those guys for now are out of the rotation.

I can very well see OG getting 32 minutes a night. Team will do everything they can to put him first and let him showcase. 32 isn't that crazy so not sure what there is to be confused about.
ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Post#22 » by ChimRichalds » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:41 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Nurse basically admitted his every day rotation

Lowry (32) - FVV (16)
FVV (12) - Norman (25) - Mccaw (11)
OG (32) - ?????
Siakam (34) - Serge (14) -
Gasol (28) - Serge (14) - Boucher the extra big ??

The back up 3 spot is such an unknown right now. They may have to move Norman there for some minutes then give some to Terence Davis at SG.

Even with the undecided backup 3 spot, there'll still be another guy in that rotation. At the very least, it'll be a ten man. Also OG definitely won't be getting 32 minutes, Johnson will take a few, and RHJ probably play a few minutes between the 4 and the 5.

RHJ won't be getting any minutes unless needed. Johnson will only be playing for situational need (for defensive purposes) as Nick alluded to yesterday. So both of those guys for now are out of the rotation.

I can very well see OG getting 32 minutes a night. Team will do everything they can to put him first and let him showcase. 32 isn't that crazy so not sure what there is to be confused about.

I can guarantee you he's not going to jump from 20 minutes a game to 32 right away. And even if you think RHJ won't get minutes, they're still not going to run a 9 man rotation. It'll be ten at the very least.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#23 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:48 pm

ChimRichalds wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:

I can guarantee you he's not going to jump from 20 minutes a game to 32 right away. And even if you think RHJ won't get minutes, they're still not going to run a 9 man rotation. It'll be ten at the very least.

He's their starting 3 with no clear back up there. It's very likely he gets 30+ minutes if all things go well. I can guarantee you that.

and yes they will be with a 8-9 rotation to start off not 10, no one has stepped up. Watch below.

ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Post#24 » by ChimRichalds » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

He's their starting 3 with no clear back up there. It's very likely he gets 30+ minutes if all things go well. I can guarantee you that.

and yes they will be with a 8-9 rotation to start off not 10, no one has stepped up. Watch below.

There's literally no chance that coming off an extended playoff run, Lowry's surgery, OG's injury plagued season, and with an aging starting lineup that they're going to play an 8 or 9 man rotation that sees OG play 32 minutes. 0.0% chance. Even the dumb teams don't do that **** and the Raptors are not a dumb organization.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#25 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:55 pm

ChimRichalds wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:

There's literally no chance that coming off an extended playoff run, Lowry's surgery, OG's injury plagued season, and with an aging starting lineup that they're going to play an 8 or 9 man rotation that sees OG play 32 minutes. 0.0% chance. Even the dumb teams don't do that **** and the Raptors are not a dumb organization.

Well you're wrong since Nurse admitted such, at least to start off. The end of the depth guys haven't proved anything and giving Lowry 32 minutes is right on par. OG can easily handle 32 minutes and the team has high hopes for him. He'll be getting most of the minutes with Siakam also there for the big lineup. There's 48 minutes in a game just fyi.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#26 » by And1Skip » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

2-way signing/third PG
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#27 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:09 am

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

2-way signing/third PG

Loved him in college

He’s a walking bucket , kind of undersized though but we like that here lol

And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#28 » by And1Skip » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:47 am

Nice gonna really consider watching some 905 this season
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#29 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 am

Our d'angelo russell
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#30 » by YelloC » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:04 am

Having Gasol negates some of the need for pure point guard depth. He’s basically a 7’2 point. You don’t really want a pure point when Gasol is orchestrating the offence from the mid and high post.
Also, I can see the coaching staff putting an emphasis on developing Siakams playmaking this season.
If Freddy was a starter he would average at least 6 assists a game.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#31 » by Ell Curry » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 am

Considering how good Davis looks and how big big Philly and Milwaukee (kinda think DJ Wilson will crack the rotation as a better 3 and D option than aging Wes Matthews) are making Siakam an option at the 3, I could see us doing something like trading McCaw, Hollis-Jefferson and a 2nd rounder for a guy like Bjelica to complete the rotation for the playoffs:

Gasol 30 Ibaka 18
Siakam 16 Bjelica 22 Ibaka 10
Siakam 22 Anunoby 26
Powell 26 FVV 12 Davis 10
Lowry 32 FVV 16

Jae Crowder would be better but I think someone gives up a better asset for him.
Where's the D?

Return to Toronto Raptors