ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

kai_bouche
Sixth Man
And1: 10,166

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#301 » by kai_bouche » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:I wouldn't mind trading for Dipo right now but Indy puts him on the market, I'm not sure we'll have what it takes to outbid other teams without including Siakam or OG, which we should absolutely not be doing.

would like this trade.
Hes a gamble because of injuries though,
maybe we have enough.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#302 » by nabbs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Gasol and Norm are the most likely trade candidates but that is a ton of salary to match so I am not really sure what that is netting you. Mind you, lots of desperate teams would make trades considering how wide open this thing is.

Likely trade assets:

Norm
Gasol
Protected first in 2022
Any one of our seconds.

What packages can you make with that?

How about:

Gasol, Norm for Batum, Biz and a protected first (or a second)

Charlotte gets a larger expiring in Gasol (vs Biz) and gets off of Batum's contract. Norm's a cheap 2 guard that could start on their team and fits where they are at right now.

Lowry/TD
Fred/Thomas/Stanley
OG/Batum/Miller
Pascal/Boucher/RHJ
Serge/Biz/Hernandez

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,429

Post#303 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:07 pm

nabbs wrote:Gasol and Norm are the most likely trade candidates but that is a ton of salary to match so I am not really sure what that is netting you. Mind you, lots of desperate teams would make trades considering how wide open this thing is.

Likely trade assets:

Norm
Gasol
Protected first in 2022
Any one of our seconds.

How about:

Charlotte gets a larger expiring in Gasol (vs Biz) and gets off of Batum's contract. Norm's a cheap 2 guard that could start on their team and fits where they are at right now.

Lowry/TD
Fred/Thomas/Stanley
OG/Batum/Miller
Pascal/Boucher/RHJ
Serge/Biz/Hernandez

IMO, this isn't enough for Toronto. Not just saying that because I'm a fan but not only are we giving up Gasol (when there are other teams in desperate need of a big) but we're also taking on an extra year of Batum (who is currently injured and even when we he isn't, is pretty bad)...and all we get is a protected first or a second? That isn't going to work for me.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#304 » by nabbs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
nabbs wrote:Gasol and Norm are the most likely trade candidates but that is a ton of salary to match so I am not really sure what that is netting you. Mind you, lots of desperate teams would make trades considering how wide open this thing is.

Likely trade assets:

Norm
Gasol
Protected first in 2022
Any one of our seconds.

How about:

Lowry/TD
Fred/Thomas/Stanley
OG/Batum/Miller
Pascal/Boucher/RHJ
Serge/Biz/Hernandez

IMO, this isn't enough for Toronto. Not just saying that because I'm a fan but not only are we giving up Gasol (when there are other teams in desperate need of a big) but we're also taking on an extra year of Batum (who is currently injured and even when we he isn't, is pretty bad)...and all we get is a protected first or a second? That isn't going to work for me.

That's ideal but this is just how i'd imagine negotiations start. I would trust Masai to be able to walk away with a future first. Mind you Charlotte's pick likely concedes top 5

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,871

Post#305 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:12 pm

The longer we wait, the lower Gasol's trade value gets.

Unfortunately we can't really afford to move him until Ibaka returns, which could be a while.
Hopefully Marc can put together a few decent games to keep his trade value afloat.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#306 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm

I think we should probably look hard at pawning off Gasol. He doesn't look very good right now and there a lots of teams in the league that don't even have a viable starting C. Clippers? Portland?
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,871

Post#307 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:26 pm

We should've struck for Wiggins when we had the chance.

Still got a shot at Gary Harris and D-Lo.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#308 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:We should've struck for Wiggins when we had the chance.

If GSW is trying to get out of that D-Lo deal, I would gladly trade Ibaka or Gasol. Golden State really needs a big and Ibaka would do WONDERS for them. Not sure if Ibaka on his own is enough but I would absolutely make that deal.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#309 » by navyblue » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:We should've struck for Wiggins when we had the chance.

If GSW is trying to get out of that D-Lo deal, I would gladly trade Ibaka or Gasol. Golden State really needs a big and Ibaka would do WONDERS for them. Not sure if Ibaka on his own is enough but I would absolutely make that deal.

gsw gave up 2 first rounders + iggy and crippled their cap for DLO (just one pick now since they wont make playoffs this year, so 2 seconds and a potentially very good 1st rounder to memphis)

there is no way they are turning around and trading him for ibaka/gasol. with the injuries this season, best course for them and most likely is call this a wasted season, keep DLO, use a high draft pick, and then USE the TPE in the offseason and MLE.

they couldnt use the TPE and MLE last season because of the DLO trade. they gave up a lot lot of flexibility getting DLO>
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#310 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:35 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:The longer we wait, the lower Gasol's trade value gets.

Unfortunately we can't really afford to move him until Ibaka returns, which could be a while.
Hopefully Marc can put together a few decent games to keep his trade value afloat.

noone is looking for an over the hill center at the moment. like 10-11 games into the season.

:lol:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#311 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Im happy wiggins is finally moving in a positive direction, that being said i still wouldnt want him on my team
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#312 » by Raps1103 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:09 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:Ibaka is expendable and I wouldn't mind a Norm Powell + Ibaka + future protected 1st and lets say Matt Thomas for Derozan and Patty mills.

Lowry / FVV
Derozan / Mills
OG / RHJ
Pascal / (rotation of Boucher OG and Pascal)
Marc / Boucher

Looks damn good to me.

BDE? Why on God’s green Earth would we ever wants Dero back? Like what the actual f%^k?

I cant believe there’s still DeRozan Stans on here!!
Even after winning a championship!! It really shows some fans bball IQ!

PPG.... ARE NOT THE ONLY STAT IN BASKETBALL!

Masai likes DEFENCE and 3balls .. literally DeRozans worst 2 skills!

:banghead:
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,232

Post#313 » by sidsid » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:13 pm

nabbs wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

Likely trade assets:

Norm
Gasol
Protected first in 2022
Any one of our seconds.

How about:

Lowry/TD
Fred/Thomas/Stanley
OG/Batum/Miller
Pascal/Boucher/RHJ
Serge/Biz/Hernandez

That's ideal but this is just how i'd imagine negotiations start. I would trust Masai to be able to walk away with a future first. Mind you Charlotte's pick likely concedes top 5

In general, I think young teams are more likely to be interested in Ibaka (to re-sign him) while contenders would like Gasol (potential ring chasing after this year). The deal isn't bad in either case as long as it's a first with some lighter protections and that we can also dump SJ on them.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#314 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:20 am

Raps1103 wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Ibaka is expendable and I wouldn't mind a Norm Powell + Ibaka + future protected 1st and lets say Matt Thomas for Derozan and Patty mills.

Lowry / FVV
Derozan / Mills
OG / RHJ
Pascal / (rotation of Boucher OG and Pascal)
Marc / Boucher

Looks damn good to me.

BDE? Why on God’s green Earth would we ever wants Dero back? Like what the actual f%^k?

I cant believe there’s still DeRozan Stans on here!!
Even after winning a championship!! It really shows some fans bball IQ!

PPG.... ARE NOT THE ONLY STAT IN BASKETBALL!

Masai likes DEFENCE and 3balls .. literally DeRozans worst 2 skills!

:banghead:

Lol derozen fan boys... I dont want him back if it was for a second round pick... dont want..dont need..
phillipmike
Rookie
And1: 1,229

Post#315 » by phillipmike » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:45 pm

When the trade restriction is lifted in December (a month);

Powell, Hollis-Jefferson, Johnson and Miller (with 2nd round picks if needed) for Iguodala and Caboclo. Iggy wont play for Memphis so with 2+ months off he will be rested. Battle tested with champion experience, Iggy would provide some depth on the wing. Plus who wouldnt want Bruno back?

Lowry/FVV
Iggy/Thomas/McCaw
OG/Davis/Bruno
Siakam/Boucher
Gasol/Ibaka/Hernandez

Get Norm's 2021 money off the books and have Iggy expire. Would only have Lowry, Siakam, OG, and McCaw as the only guaranteed guys with Davis and Thomas likely being around too, to go with the Raps 1st round pick.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#316 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:57 pm

phillipmike wrote:When the trade restriction is lifted in December (a month);

Powell, Hollis-Jefferson, Johnson and Miller (with 2nd round picks if needed) for Iguodala and Caboclo. Iggy wont play for Memphis so with 2+ months off he will be rested. Battle tested with champion experience, Iggy would provide some depth on the wing. Plus who wouldnt want Bruno back?

Lowry/FVV
Iggy/Thomas/McCaw
OG/Davis/Bruno
Siakam/Boucher
Gasol/Ibaka/Hernandez

Get Norm's 2021 money off the books and have Iggy expire. Would only have Lowry, Siakam, OG, and McCaw as the only guaranteed guys with Davis and Thomas likely being around too, to go with the Raps 1st round pick.

Id love to upgrade Powell into Iggy (if Iggy is still good as he was last playoffs that is)

But i think Memphis would require more value to take on that contract than RHJ(1 year min), Stanley (arguably a negative contract) and Miller (probably a 0 in terms of value)

Maybe 2 2nds would be enough (like Tucker) but i would say no if they wanted our first
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#317 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:

Lowry/FVV
Iggy/Thomas/McCaw
OG/Davis/Bruno
Siakam/Boucher
Gasol/Ibaka/Hernandez

Id love to upgrade Powell into Iggy (if Iggy is still good as he was last playoffs that is)

But i think Memphis would require more value to take on that contract than RHJ(1 year min), Stanley (arguably a negative contract) and Miller (probably a 0 in terms of value)

Maybe 2 2nds would be enough (like Tucker) but i would say no if they wanted our first

Replace rhj with mcCaw and I'm good with this....
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#318 » by navyblue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:

Lowry/FVV
Iggy/Thomas/McCaw
OG/Davis/Bruno
Siakam/Boucher
Gasol/Ibaka/Hernandez

another problem with 4-1 or 4-2 trades is who will memphis cut? josh jackson is one candidate, but they dont have an obvious 2nd one. solomon hill i guess.
so basically to make this trade work cap wise, they will have to release players players making apx 20$ mil.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,222

Post#319 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Likely trade assets:

Norm
Gasol
Protected first in 2022
Any one of our seconds.

How about:

Lowry/TD
Fred/Thomas/Stanley
OG/Batum/Miller
Pascal/Boucher/RHJ
Serge/Biz/Hernandez

I would try to get Lavine from the Bulls...maybe Lavine + Satoransky/Felicio + cash. help get them rid of their cap a little bit and cold hard cash which GarPax love.
alternative would be to a contender but there are no great trade partners here it seems like.
Lavine cuts into 2021 capspace though.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
phillipmike
Rookie
And1: 1,229

Post#320 » by phillipmike » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Replace rhj with mcCaw and I'm good with this....

No can do, McCaw is our championship lucky charm. He is the only untouchable on this team. :D

Return to Toronto Raptors