ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#321 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:42 am

Kingsway_fan wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Ibaka is expendable and I wouldn't mind a Norm Powell + Ibaka + future protected 1st and lets say Matt Thomas for Derozan and Patty mills.

Lowry / FVV
Derozan / Mills
OG / RHJ
Pascal / (rotation of Boucher OG and Pascal)
Marc / Boucher

Looks damn good to me.

BDE? Why on God’s green Earth would we ever wants Dero back? Like what the actual f%^k?

I cant believe there’s still DeRozan Stans on here!!
Even after winning a championship!! It really shows some fans bball IQ!

PPG.... ARE NOT THE ONLY STAT IN BASKETBALL!

Masai likes DEFENCE and 3balls .. literally DeRozans worst 2 skills!

:banghead:

Lol derozen fan boys... I dont want him back if it was for a second round pick... dont want..dont need..

Please take a couple of seats my dude.

I'm not BDE (lol that was an epic troll), and I hated the way we used Derozan.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have a use case here. He does.

I think having one more bonafide shot creator here would make things MUCH easier for Siakam and robably push us to the ECF's again.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#322 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:16 am

Who says no to these?

Toronto trades

Marc Gasol or Ibaka
OG Anunoby
Melcolm Miller
Hernandez

Portland trades

Hassan Whiteside
Nasir Little
Anfrnee Simons

Trade two

Toronto trades

Norman Powell
Unprotected 2020 first round pick

Sacramento trades

Bogdanovic
Harry Giles

Gives Toronto this team going into the playoffs

PG: Lowry/VanVleet/Davis
SG: Bogdanovic/Simons/Thomas
SF: Little/Hollis-Jefferson/Johnson
PF: Siakam/Boucher/Giles
C: Whiteside/Marc or Serge/Giles

Team has three very good pieces to build with in Pascal, Simons and Little plus Boucher age Davis look very promising and have a small deal. Plus they kick the tires on Giles to see if he has anything left to give. Only thing is Bogdanovic needs a new deal next offseason

That team has lights out shooters and defense. Think they match up with Boston and Philly well
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,156

Post#323 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:29 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Who says no to these?

Toronto trades

Marc Gasol or Ibaka
OG Anunoby
Melcolm Miller
Hernandez

Portland trades

Hassan Whiteside
Nasir Little
Anfrnee Simons

Trade two

Toronto trades

Norman Powell
Unprotected 2020 first round pick

Sacramento trades

Bogdanovic
Harry Giles

Gives Toronto this team going into the playoffs

PG: Lowry/VanVleet/Davis
SG: Bogdanovic/Simons/Thomas
SF: Little/Hollis-Jefferson/Johnson
PF: Siakam/Boucher/Giles
C: Whiteside/Marc or Serge/Giles

Team has three very good pieces to build with in Pascal, Simons and Little plus Boucher age Davis look very promising and have a small deal. Plus they kick the tires on Giles to see if he has anything left to give. Only thing is Bogdanovic needs a new deal next offseason

That team has lights out shooters and defense. Think they match up with Boston and Philly well

Masai says no. Nurse will say no. Whiteside is not a winning center nor a center you want on your team. dude is lazy and plays because he gets paid millions - not because he loves the game.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#324 » by ruckus » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Portland looks terrible. With their season falling apart does anyone think CJ McCollum will be made available? And what would it take to get him?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,156

Post#325 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:53 pm

ruckus wrote:Portland looks terrible. With their season falling apart does anyone think CJ McCollum will be made available? And what would it take to get him?

We need to get rid of Norm's contract for sure.

rumours are saying Kevin Love for McCollum makes sense so digress on that.

anything long term will definitely hurt the flexibility of a possible Giannis signing. so either McCollum or FVV taking that 3rd 'star' spot at that 20-30M range of salary.

so i'm hoping a 4 year $60M contract for FVV. he's playing himself, and I was a huge critic of FVV before , to be a Lowry replacement every night Lowry's not playing. Lowry wasn't perfect when he started with the Raps so I'm more than inclined to see what the future holds for FVV. Other than his over dribbling and thinking he's 6'6" at the rim on some drives (and getting rejected), he's finding the open man a lot more this year, which expands his offense and his 3 point shooting is very nice. and I know he loves playing in the clutch so I'm all for FVV staying now.

edit: if a team pays FVV 20-25M per year, would you match? say the Knicks for example.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Post#326 » by KrazyP » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:15 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
Kingsway_fan wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:
BDE? Why on God’s green Earth would we ever wants Dero back? Like what the actual f%^k?

I cant believe there’s still DeRozan Stans on here!!
Even after winning a championship!! It really shows some fans bball IQ!

PPG.... ARE NOT THE ONLY STAT IN BASKETBALL!

Masai likes DEFENCE and 3balls .. literally DeRozans worst 2 skills!

:banghead:

Lol derozen fan boys... I dont want him back if it was for a second round pick... dont want..dont need..

Please take a couple of seats my dude.

I'm not BDE (lol that was an epic troll), and I hated the way we used Derozan.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have a use case here. He does.

I think having one more bonafide shot creator here would make things MUCH easier for Siakam and robably push us to the ECF's again.

A lot of the hate/criticism Derozan gets around here is undeserved. He'd actually fit in ok here in a lesser RIP-Hamilton-Pistons type of role. That said, it would be a bit awkward to bring him back and his salary is too high to take on in a trade without giving up something significant in return.

Example - An Ibaka-Derozan swap would shuffle the deck but wouldnt necessarily make the team better.

In order to get better than they are now, the Raps need to bring in a guard the level of Derozan without giving up OG/Siakam/Lowry/Ibaka/Gasol/VanVleet. Thats a difficult task.

The only guy I can think of that could be available at a price the Raps would pay is Danilo Gallinari......Norm Powell + leftover trade exceptions + 1st round pick? I think more desperate teams like the Blazers and Heat will outbid us. But who knows, the Raps were a big reason the Thunder got a massive haul in return for George....perhaps they would do us a favour and send Gallinari this way at a reasonable price?
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#327 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Trade deadline hopefuls... gasol, norm, stanley, miller, mcCaw....
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#328 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Trade deadline hopefuls... gasol, norm, stanley, miller, mcCaw....

Yup. Which is a lot of salary being dumped. Perfect for good fit thats overpaid the next year or two, and would expire in Giannis free agency.

Cough Derozan cough*
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#329 » by nabbs » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:42 pm

Looking more and more like Norm is going to get moved so I fully expect him to be moved at the deadline assuming we don't have to attach a first to him

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#330 » by nabbs » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Flipping Norm for Bogdanovic would literally be amazing. It would be for a rental but man we can take the load of Fred and Kyle for ball handling and add another shooter

Kyle/Davis
Fred/Bogdan
OG/RHJ
Pascal/Boucher
Marc/Serge

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#331 » by Saul Goodman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:21 pm

nabbs wrote:Flipping Norm for Bogdanovic would literally be amazing. It would be for a rental but man we can take the load of Fred and Kyle for ball handling and add another shooter

Kyle/Davis
Fred/Bogdan
OG/RHJ
Pascal/Boucher
Marc/Serge

This. Attach a couple 2nds and get it done.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#332 » by BillyGM » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Jonathon Simmons still a Free Agent...
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#333 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Trade deadline hopefuls... gasol, norm, stanley, miller, mcCaw....

If we keep playing like this we will not trade anyone.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#334 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 pm

nabbs wrote:Flipping Norm for Bogdanovic would literally be amazing. It would be for a rental but man we can take the load of Fred and Kyle for ball handling and add another shooter

Kyle/Davis
Fred/Bogdan
OG/RHJ
Pascal/Boucher
Marc/Serge

And yet Nurse expects McCaw to be part of any rotation... I think Vlad would be in error dealing Bogdan unless cheapness is the name of the game.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#335 » by YelloC » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 am

Simons seems to be the boards new favourite target. I don’t see it.
He seems like a dime a dozen undersized SG that doesn’t move the needle.
It seems like there’s 10 Simons drafted each year when you can find one undrafted.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#336 » by Kinger95 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:59 am

Norm, 1st rounder and one of Stanley/McCaw
For
JJ Redick and Josh Hart

Pelicans are horrible, gives them a 1st and more playing time for Walker-Alexander who looks really nice. Not to mention they have Jrue, frank Jackson and Lonzo in the backcourt.

Hart is versatile, a winner, Kyle would love a Villanova guy too and he makes peanuts. Plus if we decided to move redick we could probably get a 1st back for him next season
yungmasaiah
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#337 » by yungmasaiah » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:42 am

When Ibaka comes back sit out Marc Gasol for a month on "injury" and let him rest. Play Ibaka heavy minutes so he can boost his stats (increasing his value) while Marc sits out.

Then after Marc is done resting...
Trade:
Portland incoming: Serge Ibaka
Toronto incoming: K.Bazemore(salary filler and expiry)/A.Simmons(The actual asset)
-We may also be able to land a pick based on how well Ibaka's playing
por: dame/cj/hood/Ibaka/Whiteside or Nurkic(when he gets healthy)

Start Marc and give him heavy minutes in hopes he can bring back equivalent or close-to value as last season..
Trade at deadline(100% situational based on Marc's performance and how Hayward comes back from his hand injury):
Toronto incoming: Hayward/R.Langford/R.Williams
Boston incoming: Gasol/Powell/RHJ
bos: Walker/Brown/Tatum/Theis/Gasol

Why bos does it: They are trying to contend and since they lost Horford, Kanter/Williams/Theis have no interior defense, thus Giannis will destroy Boston without a good rim protector (similar to what would've happend to us if we kept JV and didnt trade for Gasol). The second reason is it will help stop embiid. The final reason is they get another playmaker to add on to Kemba in the starting line-up which will help their offense a lot (especially since they have shooters).

Why Tor does it:
1.Cheap assets
2.Helping stop Milwaukee (less success = less chance of re-signing Giannis), while not risking anything ourselves because we wont be legit contenders until 2021 if Giannis signs and Marc will be 37 in 2021
3.If Hayward manages to play decent with us in 2020-2021 we can flip him for more assets,picks or a cheap valuable center
4.Hayward expires in 2021 FA so even if he is dead weight it won't affect us getting Giannis.

Tor roster:
FVV/Lowry/Davis
Simons/Bazemore/Langford/Thomas
OG/Hayward/Mccaw
Siakam/Boucher/S.Johnson
Williams/Hernandez

let baze expire (20m)
re-sign vanvleet <= 20m (short term at least if he wants more money)
look to trade Hayward for cheap quality center with an expiry

"FA" means free agent
2020-2021
FVV/Lowry/Davis
Simons/Langford/Thomas
OG/Macaw/S.Johnson
Siakam/Boucher/FA
Hayward's trade piece or FA/ Williams

2021 free agency:
let hayward expire or whatever expiring contract we took back for him if he was traded
sign OG 15-17M
sign Lowry around 5M-8M
Sign Giannis for max

FVV/Lowry/Davis
OG/Simons/Langford
Giannis/Mccaw or FA
Siakam/Boucher/FA
trade piece or FA/R.Williams

Once Lowry starts to regress significantly we can slide Langford or Davis as backup PG (who-ever is better)

Then roll in the chips with no dip!
yungmasaiah
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#338 » by yungmasaiah » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 am

YelloC wrote:Simons seems to be the boards new favourite target. I don’t see it.
He seems like a dime a dozen undersized SG that doesn’t move the needle.
It seems like there’s 10 Simons drafted each year when you can find one undrafted.

1.He will be making 3m in 2021 free agency
2.Shooting guard is a position of need.
3.He is 20 years old putting up 11ppg off the bench shooting 56% from midrange and 38% from 3
4.He isn't a spot up shooter, and can create his own shots. When you play good defenses you need guys who can create their own shots or else it will be really hard to score when your shot-creators are getting shut down, and we don't have a lot of those (Lowry/Siakam/FVV and Norman Powell once every blue moon).
5. If he's 20 years old putting up 11ppg off the bench shooting 56% from midrange and 38% from 3 with Portland, just imagine how good he could become under Raptors player development...
6. NBA scouts have described many of today's NBA superstars as average/below avg. similar to how you're describing Simons. Obviously if Simons were a 28ppg scorer none of our assets besides Siakam would land him. Which is why you have to take chance on these guys before they show their max potential. Think about when OKC traded Ibaka for Sabonis and Oladipo, if prime Oladipo was on the Magic they would have never done the trade (although it still was a dumb trade on Orlando's side, but for the sake of it lets pretend Orlando was a contender at the time). If OKC never took a chance on Oladipo who was a 14ppg scorer (now 23ppg scorer with highest steals avg in the NBA in 2017) and Sabonis who was a 6ppg scorer and 3.5rpg (now a 20ppg and 13.3rpg) they would have never landed a Paul George (superstar type player) for an Ibaka. I would bet that you (as well as many other ppl) wouldn't have predicted Oladipo and Sabonis would be all-star caliber player and describe them as average (because there was a ton of players in the same class that were putting up the same/better numbers) until they broke out. What i'm trying to get at is; the only way we are ever going to land potential stars/superstars without trading stars/superstar/handfull of first rounders, is if we evaluate the young guys to our best ability before they break out so we can get them for role players/vets. Imagine if Simons becomes Oladipo 2.0; (although unrealistic, he still has the potential) then we would have 2 stars (Siakam/simons) for just the price of Ibaka who is currently regressing+would cost way more than simons. Imagine if the Bucks accepted the Warriors' offer in 2011 of Steph Curry for Andrew Bogut instead of counter-offering Bogut for Ellis and Udoh... Ellis was 26 averaging 20ppg and curry was 23 averaging 14ppg in 2011, but because the Bucks took the safer alternative they missed out on a 2x unanimous MVP and the best shooter in NBA history. To be fair Ellis and Curry were both better than Bogut so Bucks would've never lost the trade, however they could have had one of the biggest steals in NBA history if they took the chance on Curry.

7. It is not really taking a big risk if he's performed the way he's performed with the limited amount of minutes he is given. If we were trying to trade for Dennis Smith Jr/Lonzo Ball/Markelle Fultz I would understand your concern, but in Simmons' case he's shown he can ball and be very efficient at a young age. Worst comes to worst; Simons doesn't develop at all and he stays at his current talent level forever; he will still be 1.Better than Ibaka in 3 years (im assuming Ibaka will regress given his age) 2. He will cost way less than Ibaka. 3. Worst case scenario will be even worse considering Ibaka should be still better than Dennis Smith Jr/Lonzo Ball/Markelle Fultz (or any of those riskier young guys) if they were to stay at the same skill level

The only thing I predict Simons still not to be good at, at max potential is defense because of size. Then again I thought FVV would be a horrible defender, but was proven wrong after seeing the numbers he held Curry to during the finals. So who knows!
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#339 » by MikeM » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:44 am

I'd like us to sniff around Willy Hernangomez. Buried in CHA because they're a dumb team. He can be our 3rd C, and maybe load manage Serge/Marc and then when either of them leaves next year, he can step in. I think he has the potential to play a stretch 5 role like Gasol.

Obviously he's Spanish and would fit right in with Marc/Serge and Scariolo this year.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#340 » by Asif16 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:58 am

Kyle/Davis
Fred/Bogdan
OG/RHJ
Pascal/Boucher
Marc/Serge

Oh my god this would be a dream come true.

Personally would have Bogdan start at the 2 and have Fred lead the charge from the bench.

I guess regardless it doesnt matter, Bogdan would be so lethal for us

Return to Toronto Raptors