ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Bleacher Report Mock Draft (May 23) 

Post#1341 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Bleacher Report https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2893073-nba-mock-draft-2020-projections-for-1st-round-top-prospects

Notable Projections

3. Minnesota Timberwolves: G LaMelo Ball- Illawarra Hawks

8. Charlotte Hornets: F Deni Avdija- Maccabi Tel Aviv

18. Dallas Mavericks: C Isaiah Stewart- Washington

20. Brooklyn Nets (via Philadelphia 76ers): F Jaden McDaniels- Washington

26. Boston Celtics: F Leandro Bolmaro- Barcelona

28. Toronto Raptors: PF Xavier Tillman- Michigan State
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,582

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#1342 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:26 pm

Is it the same guy writing these BR mocks like every other day? Lol I don't get what the point is or the method.

I like Ayo Dosunmu, funny enough everyone in the comments already saying he seems like a raptors player and I agree. I miss having a bigger point guard that can defend and share ball handling duties with Kyle or fred while still being versatile in other ways. (McCaw is filling that role now unfortunately)
He's mocked sorta right in the middle though where he won't drop to 58 but probably a reach at 28. Too me he seems kinda underated though plus he just turned 20
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#1343 » by Kevin Willis » Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Is it the same guy writing these BR mocks like every other day? Lol I don't get what the point is or the method.

I like Ayo Dosunmu, funny enough everyone in the comments already saying he seems like a raptors player and I agree. I miss having a bigger point guard that can defend and share ball handling duties with Kyle or fred while still being versatile in other ways. (McCaw is filling that role now unfortunately)
He's mocked sorta right in the middle though where he won't drop to 58 but probably a reach at 28. Too me he seems kinda underated though plus he just turned 20

Looking at the stats and videos, he's not very athletic, he doesn't get a lot of assists, he's a little slow, he can't shoot beyond the arc. What makes him interesting for us?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#1344 » by Psubs » Sat May 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:Is it the same guy writing these BR mocks like every other day? Lol I don't get what the point is or the method.

Looking at the stats and videos, he's not very athletic, he doesn't get a lot of assists, he's a little slow, he can't shoot beyond the arc. What makes him interesting for us?

So he's McCaw's replacement.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,200

Post#1345 » by Mark_83 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 am

I hope we can add another second rounder so we can potentially add a PG, Wing, and Big to develop.

Group 1
Terry/Lewis
Bey/Reed
Diakite/Eboua

Group 2
Tillman/Stewart
Flynn/Stanley
Pons/Butler

Group 3
Williams/Bey
Tillman/Reed
Butler/Riller
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1346 » by Dalek » Sun May 24, 2020 12:16 am

Psubs wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

I really like Ayo but he hasn't hired an agent so I think if he isn't getting first round attention he will go back.

Why he is interesting is the driving ability. He finishes as a very high rate at the rim, kind of like numbers a big would have. Also has a decent mid range jumper. Great in transition who while not the best burst guy, he has length to finish. He knows how to cut to the basket and play off the ball. Has size to be a good 2 position defender but he isn't always in the right spots.

Dosunmu's clutch shooting and playmaking lead to road victories at Wisconsin, at Purdue, at Michigan, and at Penn State.

I think he needs another year to develop.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,582

Post#1347 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:17 am

Dalek wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

I really like Ayo but he hasn't hired an agent so I think if he isn't getting first round attention he will go back.

Why he is interesting is the driving ability. He finishes as a very high rate at the rim, kind of like numbers a big would have. Also has a decent mid range jumper. Great in transition who while not the best burst guy, he has length to finish. He knows how to cut to the basket and play off the ball. Has size to be a good 2 position defender but he isn't always in the right spots.

Dosunmu's clutch shooting and playmaking lead to road victories at Wisconsin, at Purdue, at Michigan, and at Penn State.

I think he needs another year to develop.

I think he's waiting to see if the combine and workouts will be happening.
But I agree he's definitely not slow just very crafty and more of a patrolling stop&go player. His mid range and off the dribble actually is far more advanced then his 3 point shooting which is why he's had a good amount of those clutch baskets.
He's not super high on my list or anything but I see potential
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#1348 » by casual_raps_fan » Sun May 24, 2020 4:40 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:I believe JV as well.

DeMar too, and Bosh.

Poeltl too, maybe Delon as well

Bargnani too.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,727

Post#1349 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun May 24, 2020 5:02 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
DeMar too, and Bosh.

Bargnani too.

If I remember correctly Bargnani wasn't mocked to us until very late. Even mock draft sites weren't as stupid as Colangelo. I recall there being no definite #1, but Aldridge was the guy most would have picked and he was being challenged by Rudy Gay and Tyrus Thomas. Brandon Roy wasn't ever ranked #1 as far as I can remember because of the knee issues, but I just remember drooling at his talent.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#1350 » by casual_raps_fan » Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Bargnani too.

If I remember correctly Bargnani wasn't mocked to us until very late. Even mock draft sites weren't as stupid as Colangelo. I recall there being no definite #1, but Aldridge was the guy most would have picked and he was being challenged by Rudy Gay and Tyrus Thomas. Brandon Roy wasn't ever ranked #1 as far as I can remember because of the knee issues, but I just remember drooling at his talent.

You are right. Aldridge and Gay were 1st for a long time and then I think there was a leak or BC stated that we will be selecting Bargnani. I recall reading that the Bulls wanted to select him as well.

I personally wanted Aldridge since I felt he was the hardest to miss talent. Bargnani had potential for sure but seemed risky.

Edit: grammar
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,259

Post#1351 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Whatever happened to Nembhard? Sorry, havent been following NCAA but wasnt he Team Canada’s pg under Nurse, and he showed a lot of promise?
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1352 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun May 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Whatever happened to Nembhard? Sorry, havent been following NCAA but wasnt he Team Canada’s pg under Nurse, and he showed a lot of promise?

Bad season, doesn’t look like he has NBA talent tbh
wtfbosh
Veteran
And1: 444

Post#1353 » by wtfbosh » Sun May 24, 2020 2:20 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:Whatever happened to Nembhard? Sorry, havent been following NCAA but wasnt he Team Canada’s pg under Nurse, and he showed a lot of promise?

Yep, no burst, no jumper. He should be in college for 4 years instead of coming out early
wtfbosh
Veteran
And1: 444

Post#1354 » by wtfbosh » Sun May 24, 2020 2:20 pm

wtfbosh wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Yep, no burst, no jumper. That should be the death sentence for any guard. He should be in college for 4 years instead of coming out early
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1355 » by Psubs » Sun May 24, 2020 2:20 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:Bargnani too.

You are right. Aldridge and Gay were 1st for a long time and then I think there was a leak or BC stated that we will be selecting Bargnani. I recall reading that the Bulls wanted to select him as well.

I personally wanted Aldridge since I felt he was the hardest miss talent. Bargnani had potential for sure but seemed risky.

I so wanted to run the double PF Bosh/Aldridge lineup. Both are from Texas, they may have bonded and they may have been tight like Lowry and Derozan.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1356 » by Psubs » Sun May 24, 2020 2:26 pm

wtfbosh wrote:
wtfbosh wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Yep, no burst, no jumper. That should be the death sentence for any guard. He should be in college for 4 years instead of coming out early

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/andrew-nembhard-1.html

Upped his overall FG% by 3 while his 3pt % went down 4% so he improved his 2's. :D Good amount of assists in the SEC with 2 A/T. At 6'5 he seems like topping out as a Michael Carter-Williams backup right now. McCaw is better. :o

For the Raptors, it should be called the McCaw Line, like the Mendoza Line in MLB. Is the player better or more potential than McCaw? If not, cut!
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,180

Post#1357 » by Steven1562 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Psubs wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:

I personally wanted Aldridge since I felt he was the hardest miss talent. Bargnani had potential for sure but seemed risky.

I so wanted to run the double PF Bosh/Aldridge lineup. Both are from Texas, they may have bonded and they may have been tight like Lowry and Derozan.

Yeah could have been our own version of the twin towers. Pick and pop for days.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#1358 » by Indeed » Sun May 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Steven1562 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:You are right. Aldridge and Gay were 1st for a long time and then I think there was a leak or BC stated that we will be selecting Bargnani. I recall reading that the Bulls wanted to select him as well.

If JO'Neal does not work out with Bosh, Aldridge will not be better, as they all play around the same spot.
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,180

Post#1359 » by Steven1562 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Indeed wrote:
Steven1562 wrote:
Psubs wrote:

If JO'Neal does not work out with Bosh, Aldridge will not be better, as they all play around the same spot.

Jermaine Oneal was past his prime with us. Guy could hardly stay on the court. If you look at the numbers of Bosh and Aldridge it's eerily similar.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/lamarcus_aldridge_vs_chris_bosh.htm

They would have needed the right coach but 2 all star bigs in their prime? I'm sure they would have found a way to make it work.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,727

Post#1360 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun May 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Steven1562 wrote:
Indeed wrote:
Steven1562 wrote:

Jermaine Oneal was past his prime with us. Guy could hardly stay on the court. If you look at the numbers of Bosh and Aldridge it's eerily similar.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/lamarcus_aldridge_vs_chris_bosh.htm

They would have needed the right coach but 2 all star bigs in their prime? I'm sure they would have found a way to make it work.

Another if I remember correctly moment is that I seem to recall Bosh asking them to draft Aldridge, but collars thought he knew better than anyone else. This was before the small ball era had taken hold of the league too, so we would've had the only front court worthy of challenging the Gasol/Bynum Lakers.

With that said, we likely miss out on DeMar, we never trade for Kyle, our pick isn't low enough for Giannis, we never trade for Kawhi, etc etc etc...
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.

Return to Toronto Raptors