ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,427

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#3561 » by Jcity08 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:08 am

Im intrigued by Jay Scrubb, some boards don't even gave him in the draft. But he looks like he could be a serviceable player in the NBA to me.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,138

Post#3562 » by Mark_83 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:28 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/10/28/21499650/nba-draft-2020-mock-draft-toronto-raptors-hq-combine-nick-nurse-tolzman

there is a lot to unpack here so I'll just leave the link. There is a list of who they have worked out and who they have interviewed. It's not the typical list of course.

Prospect Position Age Height Weight School Class Interview Workout
Devon Dotson PG 21 6'2" 185lbs Kansas Sophomore X
Malachi Flynn PG 22 6'1" 185lbs San Diego State Junior X
Tyler Bey F 22 6'7" 218lbs Colorado Junior X
Zeke Nnaji F 19 6'10" 240lbs Arizona Freshman X
Karim Mane PG/SG 20 6'5" 195lbs Vanier N/A X
Isiaha Mike F 23 6'8" 215lbs SMU Junior X
Nate Darling SG 22 6'5" 200lbs Delaware Junior X
Desmond Bane SG 22 6'6" 215lbs TCU Senior X
Isaiah Joe SG 21 6'5" 180lbs Arkansas Sophomore X
Tyrell Terry PG 20 6'1" 160lbs Stanford Freshman X
Jalen Smith F 20 6'10" 225lbs Maryland Sophomore X

Of this list, who would you consider to be winners and leaders of their teams regardless of who they play for?

Flynn
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#3563 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:16 am

Jcity08 wrote:Im intrigued by Jay Scrubb, some boards don't even gave him in the draft. But he looks like he could be a serviceable player in the NBA to me.

I think he is a worthwhile project with good athleticism and skills. Boston has interviewed him twice and with all of those picks, he would make a lot of sense in the late 20s or early 30s. I don't know if Toronto has had interest, but I am little underwhelmed by the path he took.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#3564 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:20 am

Dalek wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:Im intrigued by Jay Scrubb, some boards don't even gave him in the draft. But he looks like he could be a serviceable player in the NBA to me.

I think he is a worthwhile project with good athleticism and skills. Boston has interviewed him twice and with all of those picks, he would make a lot of sense in the late 20s or early 30s. I don't know if Toronto has had interest, but I am little underwhelmed by the path he took.

I think it had to do with his academic performance so he had no other choice but to attend JUCO. [please correct me if i'm wrong]
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,427

Post#3565 » by Jcity08 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:25 am

Dalek wrote:

His situation is interesting, he wasn't given any scholarships to D1 schools because of his grades and settled for D2 before this, so I get why his stock is low but given where he's projected to go in the draft, he could be a low risk, high reward project.

That being said, there are more sure bets in this draft we should go for, relatively speaking.

LoveMyRaps wrote:I think it had to do with his academic performance so he had no other choice but to attend JUCO. [please correct me if i'm wrong]

He was offered a chance at playing for Louisville right before this but decided to go to the NBA Draft. I don't blame him, especially if a team takes a chance on him, where he could continue to develop on their g-league affiliate.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#3566 » by WeTheNorth123 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:10 am

Psubs wrote:https://kslsports.com/442279/utah-jazz-nba-draft-prospects-colorado-forward-tyler-bey/

Wait a minute!!! Have the official measurements come in for Tyler Bey?

6'7, 7'1 wingspan and 45 INCH VERTICAL!?!?!?! That's like Cassius Stanley (46 inches) but he has 6'6 wingspan.

Shawn Marion was 6'7 with 7'0.5" wingspan and 41 inch vertical. Marion is a more polished scorer but given a few years the 22 year old could be a gem.

Getting him and Nate Hinton at #59 and no one will out rebound the Raptors. :D

That has to be a lie loll

According to google VC has a max vert of 43 inch

45 is insane...i know he's athletic but come on. max I see this guy at is around 40
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#3567 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:20 am

Johnny Bball wrote:https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/10/28/21499650/nba-draft-2020-mock-draft-toronto-raptors-hq-combine-nick-nurse-tolzman

there is a lot to unpack here so I'll just leave the link. There is a list of who they have worked out and who they have interviewed. It's not the typical list of course.

Prospect Position Age Height Weight School Class Interview Workout
Devon Dotson PG 21 6'2" 185lbs Kansas Sophomore X
Malachi Flynn PG 22 6'1" 185lbs San Diego State Junior X
Tyler Bey F 22 6'7" 218lbs Colorado Junior X
Zeke Nnaji F 19 6'10" 240lbs Arizona Freshman X
Karim Mane PG/SG 20 6'5" 195lbs Vanier N/A X
Isiaha Mike F 23 6'8" 215lbs SMU Junior X
Nate Darling SG 22 6'5" 200lbs Delaware Junior X
Desmond Bane SG 22 6'6" 215lbs TCU Senior X
Isaiah Joe SG 21 6'5" 180lbs Arkansas Sophomore X
Tyrell Terry PG 20 6'1" 160lbs Stanford Freshman X
Jalen Smith F 20 6'10" 225lbs Maryland Sophomore X

Jalen Smith by a clear mile for me.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#3568 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:23 am

Jaden McDaniels really got interesting for me seeing his workout and interview:

I mean it is a basic workout video but you see how quick his handle is for his size and he has really straightened out his shot. The big thing for me is how effortless he moves on court. He really is a glider for his size, a lot like Durant where you see a 7 footer but he moves like a guard.

Additionally, I was kind of impressed with his personality. He seems kind of like an "ah shucks" kid still, but he seems like a genuine person who is confident but not unrealistic about who he is as a player. It was good hear him talk about Jay Crowder being a guy he watched since it would be a good role for him at first.

I think he could be a special defender in time, but he said he is still within the 200-205 lbs range which is light. He'd be a fun weird two-guard. Imagine seeing the following freak line-up:

Ibaka
Siakam
OG
McDaniels
FVV
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#3569 » by God Squad » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:28 am

We need the draft to hurry up so we can figure out what and who we are as a team. I have no clue what direction Masai and Co. are thinking. After this TD situation, things are even more unclear.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#3570 » by Psubs » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:39 pm

WeTheNorth123 wrote:
Psubs wrote:https://kslsports.com/442279/utah-jazz-nba-draft-prospects-colorado-forward-tyler-bey/

Wait a minute!!! Have the official measurements come in for Tyler Bey?

6'7, 7'1 wingspan and 45 INCH VERTICAL!?!?!?! That's like Cassius Stanley (46 inches) but he has 6'6 wingspan.

Shawn Marion was 6'7 with 7'0.5" wingspan and 41 inch vertical. Marion is a more polished scorer but given a few years the 22 year old could be a gem.

Getting him and Nate Hinton at #59 and no one will out rebound the Raptors. :D

That has to be a lie loll

According to google VC has a max vert of 43 inch

45 is insane...i know he's athletic but come on. max I see this guy at is around 40

Why don't they list all of the measurements? :(
Dalek
RealGM

Post#3571 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:19 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Dalek wrote:

I think it had to do with his academic performance so he had no other choice but to attend JUCO. [please correct me if i'm wrong]

You are correct, but I wonder if this kid is such a phenom why not go to an elite prep school like IMG Academy? Play overseas in Australia? Look at the G-League? Dominating in Juco for two years doesn't sell me. I think he even had an opportunity after his first year to play in division 1 and then he opted to stay at Logan.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,527

Post#3572 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Dalek wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Dalek wrote:

You are correct, but I wonder if this kid is such a phenom why not go to an elite prep school like IMG Academy? Play overseas in Australia? Look at the G-League? Dominating in Juco for two years doesn't sell me. I think he even had an opportunity after his first year to play in division 1 and then he opted to stay at Logan.

A lot of Juco's are better than high prep. I definitely wouldn't have a high prep over most jucos tho. Plus he was the first Juco player to join the USA camp, so he has played against or with some of the top players of his class / age bracket

In Raptor Ball I Trust
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#3573 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:13 pm

Of these 3 guards who would y'all rather draft: Grant Riller, Tyrell Terry, or Malachi Flynn?

I'd go with Flynn.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#3574 » by Psubs » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:30 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Of these 3 guards who would y'all rather draft: Grant Riller, Tyrell Terry, or Malachi Flynn?

I'd go with Flynn.

Terry, Flynn then Riller. Flynn is a bit more complete right now but Terry if he's a legit 6'3 now without shoes can play some backup SG as well. He's already an above average defender at 19 years old and he has Curry range and shooting 40% (5 attempts per game). Also he shot FT's at 89%.

Flynn may help more right away but Terry can at least contribute like Matt Thomas with more PG skills. Riller is more an undersized SG. He may be like a combo guard 6th man. Maybe he has a career like Mike James?
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#3575 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 pm

Psubs wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Of these 3 guards who would y'all rather draft: Grant Riller, Tyrell Terry, or Malachi Flynn?

I'd go with Flynn.

Terry, Flynn then Riller. Flynn is a bit more complete right now but Terry if he's a legit 6'3 now without shoes can play some backup SG as well. He's already an above average defender at 19 years old and he has Curry range and shooting 40% (5 attempts per game). Also he shot FT's at 89%.

Flynn may help more right away but Terry can at least contribute like Matt Thomas with more PG skills. Riller is more an undersized SG. He may be like a combo guard 6th man. Maybe he has a career like Mike James?

Terry is 6'3 now? I was under the impression he was 6'1. I mean I'd still pick Flynn because he's the better defender and has a higher IQ. But if Terry is still growing that's a game changer.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#3576 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I'd go with Flynn.

Terry is 6'3 now? I was under the impression he was 6'1. I mean I'd still pick Flynn because he's the better defender and has a higher IQ. But if Terry is still growing that's a game changer.

Yeah Terry is now 6'3 175lbs after quarantine
Dalek
RealGM

Post#3577 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Yeah Terry is now 6'3 175lbs after quarantine

I am pretty high on Terry but I think he is out of Toronto's range - I can't imagine Philly not drafting him with Morey at the helm.

Terry is young but when he is in interviews he knows the game well and actually knows how to make advanced reads. He definitely know how to relocate for a shot. Even though he is a lightweight and looks like a goofy kid, Terry has an edge about him even if he is on the smaller side. I feel like he has Trae Young potential.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#3578 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 pm

I just can't see Terry falling out the top 20 especially with the added height.

Tbh I wouldn't be shocked (nor do I think it would be that bad of an idea) if he's drafted as high as 8th to the Knicks who were in love with Curry before anyone really and are in DESPERATE need of any type of shooting or floor spacing.

But I certainly don't see teams like NOP and PHI (especially with Morey in town) who need floor spacers for Zion and Simmons and I could even see DAL looking to further open up the court for Luka to just pick dissect teams with a la same thing that works for Bron. Then after that even Utah or MIL adding more scoring punch.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,459

Post#3579 » by DG88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Adam Spinella updated video mock draft from picks 15-60

;ab_channel=AdamSpinella
Dalek
RealGM

Post#3580 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 pm

DG88 wrote:Adam Spinella updated video mock draft from picks 15-60

;ab_channel=AdamSpinella

Spinella is probably my favorite draft guy. Who am I to argue with Zeke Nnaji as a pick? Not a traditional C but his shooting has progressed a lot, he is young and the last time Toronto drafted a high motor big they did pretty well with Pascal.

I have mentioned Nnaji a lot early on, and what always struck me is the fact he plays piano at a competition level. It's like Norman Powell. Those types of people put a lot of care into whatever craft they do because they were challenged early in life.

Return to Toronto Raptors