ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#3641 » by Dalek » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:22 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I really would not be surprised if Raptors elected to draft Cassius Winston. He's always reminded me of Lowry.

He does a lot of Lowry-like things the way he plays the game. Somebody online said this, but Winston's game is streetball meets NCAA. He just knows how to play using his body/strength to get into the paint and makes incredibly crafty passes from difficult angles. Just like Lowry, Winston will have a long NBA career because he thinks the game in an advanced way.

He even sounds like KLow which really freaks me out. It is a weird draft as I think Malachi Flynn is a lot like FVV and Winston like Lowry.
Loso04
Pro Prospect
And1: 239

Post#3642 » by Loso04 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:07 pm

I have seen this guys named mentioned a few times, so I decided to look at some footage. I know PG13 had a bad playoffs, but I get some serious PG13 vibes from Isaiah Joe.

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#3643 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Loso04 wrote:I have seen this guys named mentioned a few times, so I decided to look at some footage. I know PG13 had a bad playoffs, but I get some serious PG13 vibes from Isaiah Joe.

The vibes are Tyler Herro 2.0.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#3644 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:00 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,206

Post#3645 » by Mark_83 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:14 am

Dalek wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:I really would not be surprised if Raptors elected to draft Cassius Winston. He's always reminded me of Lowry.

He does a lot of Lowry-like things the way he plays the game. Somebody online said this, but Winston's game is streetball meets NCAA. He just knows how to play using his body/strength to get into the paint and makes incredibly crafty passes from difficult angles. Just like Lowry, Winston will have a long NBA career because he thinks the game in an advanced way.

He even sounds like KLow which really freaks me out. It is a weird draft as I think Malachi Flynn is a lot like FVV and Winston like Lowry.

I love Winston on offense. Maybe the best pick and roll guard in the draft. But can he reach Lowry level on defense? I'm 100% confident in both Flynn's offense and defense. Winston I'd have to see improvement on.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#3646 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:34 am

Mark_83 wrote:
Dalek wrote:

I love Winston on offense. Maybe the best pick and roll guard in the draft. But can he reach Lowry level on defense? I'm 100% confident in both Flynn's offense and defense. Winston I'd have to see improvement on.

Winston has improved on the defensive end over his college years. I think with his extremely high IQ you're at least getting an average defender.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3647 » by Psubs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:40 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If this were 10 years ago, Azubuike be up there with Wiseman and drafted in the top 5 like Hasheem Thabeet.

Does Boston take him at #30? That would make the Tacko Fall selection an admission of failure. Could be early 2nd round.

Stanley is lost 2 inches on his vert from 46 to 44. Mid 2nd for you!

So Bey wasn't totally off as he almost has a 44 inch vertical. At 6'7 with shoes and almost 7'2 wingspan. Those are some good raw tools. Kawhi has a 7'3 wingspan... How big are Bey's hands? :reporter:

Bey - 13.8 pts 9 rebs 53% FG 74% FT
Kawhi - 15.5 pts 10.6 rebs 44% FG 76% FT

Kawhi shot more 3's so his FG% is low.

If Bey is a poorman's mix of Kawhi and Marion, that's not bad. :nod:

I see him and OG being Lightning and Thunder!

Hmmmm, they played Dayton. I wonder how Obi Toppin did?

Fairly even and got the win.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2019-12-21-18-colorado.html
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#3648 » by nabbs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 am

Psubs wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If this were 10 years ago, Azubuike be up there with Wiseman and drafted in the top 5 like Hasheem Thabeet.

Does Boston take him at #30? That would make the Tacko Fall selection an admission of failure. Could be early 2nd round.

So Bey wasn't totally off as he almost has a 44 inch vertical. At 6'7 with shoes and almost 7'2 wingspan. Those are some good raw tools. Kawhi has a 7'3 wingspan... How big are Bey's hands? :reporter:

Bey is really growing on me. I am glad Toronto worked him out. Some serious wing potential there.

The downside is Bey turns 23 in February man.... Unless you can grab a second to draft him might not be worth at 29 depending on who else is available

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#3649 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:04 am

Psubs wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Obi and Bey are the same age. They are very close to being the same player except Obi is a better offensive player. For our pick we could do worst.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#3650 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:11 pm

Dalek wrote:

It's funny, because I don't like either of those prospects but see Dotson as the perfect midpoint between Lowry (at Villanova) and Fred.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#3651 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:19 pm

If bolmaro can improve his shot he'll be the steal of the draft.

-scout
Bull-E
Junior
And1: 285

Post#3652 » by Bull-E » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:24 pm

Psubs wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I think the real question is whether Bey is capable of replacing OG. If the Raps do like him, it would open up the option of trading OG for a big piece (see Bradley Beal) before he gets his big extension and replacing him with a rookie contract player who does some similar things.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant

Post#3653 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:27 pm

whoever gets Jaden MCdaniels outside the lottery wins the draft.

-gm
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3654 » by Psubs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:29 pm

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2020-nba-mock-draft-all-60-picks-post-combine/

They have these guys going early.

#10 Terry
#13 Hampton
#14 Stewart
#21 Bane
#25 Cassius Stanley
#29 Vernon Carey

#38 Maledon :o
#53 Tyler Bey :o
#54 Paul Reed
#56 Oturu

I'd be fine to reach for Maledon and Bey at #29. Would be amazing if Reed or Oturu dropped to #59.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3655 » by Psubs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:33 pm

Bull-E wrote:I think the real question is whether Bey is capable of replacing OG. If the Raps do like him, it would open up the option of trading OG for a big piece (see Bradley Beal) before he gets his big extension and replacing him with a rookie contract player who does some similar things.

Finding an elite wing defender is tough, let alone hitting on 2 in the draft. Would rather double up and have them play positionless and guard 2-4's. OG is really the only player I 100% want to keep on the team for the next 10 seasons.
Bull-E
Junior

Post#3656 » by Bull-E » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Psubs wrote:
Bull-E wrote:I think the real question is whether Bey is capable of replacing OG. If the Raps do like him, it would open up the option of trading OG for a big piece (see Bradley Beal) before he gets his big extension and replacing him with a rookie contract player who does some similar things.

Finding an elite wing defender is tough, let alone hitting on 2 in the draft. Would rather double up and have them play positionless and guard 2-4's. OG is really the only player I 100% want to keep on the team for the next 10 seasons.

I hear ya - 3&D guys are like pitchers in baseball, you can never have enough. BUT, for the same reasons we value him, is the same reason he would be required bait to hook a big fish. There's also some hope Oshae may be able to play a similar role one day. Neither Bey or Oshae have OG's upside but if it means being able to bring in an elite playmaker it would be worth it.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3657 » by Psubs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:00 pm

Bull-E wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I hear ya - 3&D guys are like pitchers in baseball, you can never have enough. BUT, for the same reasons we value him, is the same reason he would be required bait to hook a big fish. There's also some hope Oshae may be able to play a similar role one day. Neither Bey or Oshae have OG's upside but if it means being able to bring in an elite playmaker it would be worth it.

I don't have faith that Oshae will ever get an outside shot. He shot like 30% in college and shot 27.5% in the GLeague and shot 20% in the NBA. He's like the SF/PF version of Patrick McCaw.

He hit 2 of his 2 in 1 game! Maybe regular PT. Though he played 30 mpg with the 905 and shot almost 5 per game.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant

Post#3658 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:00 pm

Killian Haynes will be an all-star
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3659 » by Psubs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:03 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:Killian Haynes will be an all-star

Possibly a better career than Edwards.
Bull-E
Junior

Post#3660 » by Bull-E » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:14 pm

Psubs wrote:
Bull-E wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I don't have faith that Oshae will ever get an outside shot. He shot like 30% in college and shot 27.5% in the GLeague and shot 20% in the NBA. He's like the SF/PF version of Patrick McCaw.

Don't write off Oshae too quick. He showed some improvement as the season progressed, shooting around 40% from 3 in Jan/Feb.

But back on topic, my general point regarding this draft is that there appears to be some opportunities to effectively draft and backfill for current roster players, if you want to be aggressive on the trade front.

Return to Toronto Raptors