ImageImageImageImageImage

Masai's pieces are perfectly set - a trade is coming

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

trending
Junior
And1: 238

Re: Masai's pieces are perfectly set - a trade is coming 

Post#61 » by trending » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:48 am

DO NOT trade gasol ! if you want to continue to be defensive team you keep him. it will all fall apart otherwise.
lowry and ibaka are somewhat expandable.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
the inventor of bball was born in canada and the inventor of the phone is buried in canada
i'm also from canada
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,234

Post#62 » by Mehar » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:53 am

TheBoi10 wrote:Get something for Norm

Please Redick

This was the name i was thinking of. New Orleans will be out of it by the trade deadline, and a Package around Norm, Stanley Johnson, 1st round pick, and even tossing a second rounder will be a fair trade for both sides. Redick has one less year than Norm as well. Redick would be a great fit on the Raptors. One can hope and dream.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#63 » by Asif16 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:55 am

Mehar wrote:

Please Redick

This was the name i was thinking of. New Orleans will be out of it by the trade deadline, and a Package around Norm, Stanley Johnson, 1st round pick, and even tossing a second rounder will be a fair trade for both sides. Redick has one less year than Norm as well. Redick would be a great fit on the Raptors. One can hope and dream.

All that for Redick? Please tell me you're joking
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#64 » by Asif16 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:58 am

JJ Reddick would be a nice get but I just dont know if he fits the Raptors model of players.

They really like players with two-way ability. Redick is soft on the defensive end and is just pretty much an upgraded version of Matt Thomas.

I feel like someone like Jae Crowder fits more of the Raptors mold
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,234

Post#65 » by Mehar » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 am

Asif16 wrote:
Mehar wrote:

Please Redick

New Orleans would want draft picks in return. Other teams will be in the hunt as well for Redick, so just Norm alone will not get Redick. Norm and Stanley Johnson's salaries match Redick. I would be comfortable trading a first round pick to make that deal happen (must add lottery protected).
Red Star
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#66 » by Red Star » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:09 am

dillio wrote:
Red Star wrote:Maybe just trade some spare parts like Powell, SJohnson, McCaw for Andre Iguodala and run it back. Iggy would fit this team like a glove and can defend very well. Also help with some scoring.

Iggy is over the hill and not a big difference maker at this point. We would need to add another all star to realistically try to run it back... meanwhile Iggy is going to go to a team that can already make the finals as constructed (e.g. LAL, LAC, MIL, PHI).

No way we would get all star for group of guys we are offering. So far with minutes that Powell got, he has been underachieving and same can be said for Johnson. By trading both of these guys for Iguodala who would be more productive with Championship experience, Raptors would also clear cap space beyond this season since Iggys contract is expiring. As a Raptor fan, I wish we could make a run at all star level talent but seems far fetched at the moment.
BROTHERHOOD + UNITY = TORONTO RAPTORS
scopy
General Manager
And1: 16,421

Post#67 » by scopy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:36 am

When Gasol and Ibaka weren't moved in the offseason I said to myself that Masai is going to go for it again.
He knows how to win it all now and I think he knows we probably are not getting out of the second round without adding another big time scorer.
I just don't know who that is or how he does it.
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#68 » by SurgeIblocka » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:48 am

Some team in the west is going to realize they just canā€™t compete with a stacked conference and will start to unload for draft picks and young players. Should have made a move for wiggins when his value was low. I can see Portland, Denver, Minny, San Antonio, OKC, potentially unload if they feel they need to punt into the future.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#69 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:14 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:Some team in the west is going to realize they just canā€™t compete with a stacked conference and will start to unload for draft picks and young players. Should have made a move for wiggins when his value was low. I can see Portland, Denver, Minny, San Antonio, OKC, potentially unload if they feel they need to punt into the future.

Denver does not belong on that list. They just about started their huge investment into the core of Murray, Harris & Jokic and were a top team in the West that were extremely close to making a WCF in basically they're first year in the Playoffs...they're all young and they're banking on Porter Jr or Bol to be potentially the last piece of the puzzle if either can remain healthy....they're not punting on jack.

OKC was never really serious about Paul so the decide to "punt" was predetermined, there's just no takers for CP3. Him with Adams are their available players as vets not a part of their rebuild and SAS is only really shopping DD from the sounds of it to make way for Murray and White.

Portland may look to move on from CJ if the Blazers can't get into the top 4 by ASB and Simons keeps ascending but CJ isn't the answer here. Really the only one intriguing to me as MIN with Wiggins and KAT. The TWolves are going nowhere fast. It's only matter of time either guy gets frustrated n starts speaking to the franchise to either trade them or have the other traded to find pieces that better fit around one or the other. The more likely available player despite he recent improvement is still Wiggins but I really KAT could be a massive steal if someone just learns to use him properly and also forces some defensive accountability on him.

Towns to me is the closest physically to Giannis in height, length with obviously not quite the same level of speed and athleticism but he's not as far off as some might not realize. But he's also a much more skillful scorer and shooter. Teach him to incorporate more ballhandling and passing, he could be an absolute monster. Issue with him is the price is prob sky high. Wiggins on the otherhand...while he's improved his stock the management even questioned him before giving him a max, still don't seem fully sold on him and if there's yet again no improvement team wise, I think MIN will start thinking the duo just isn't cutting it n AW is the lesser of the 2. He seems pretty attainable to me. Not sure what I'd want to flip for him though...

Really of the young players who MAY become available one of the young talents I would like is Brandon Ingram. He actually showed the skill and talent level to play SG at his ridiculous length. Throw that iso scoring ability n length into our development system n I think we'd turn him into a star next to Pascal BUT I suspect Griffin will do his best to retain him. I just like his potential fit here as much wishful thinking it may be.

I really think the last piece of the puzzle is getting back another good iso scorer to develop to play next to Pascal long term. Just not sure where we find that piece...
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#70 » by execoftheyear » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:16 am

I'd wait until teams start putting together proper scouting reports on our new guys before we start moving them into permanent roles because most of their success has been from being unknowns and surprising teams
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#71 » by ratul » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 am

God, this thread is moronic. Maybe Masai was also plotting trades at NPS during the ceremony. I swear we have some irritating fans. Remember how people wanted to trade Siakam or freddie for Beal? Freddie hit a BILLION threes in the finals and destroyed the soul of other players on defense. It is crazy this thread exists. Enjoy the moment! Remember?!! Trading Norm is also suspect - he plays strong D and is getting better - he also continually owns the soul of Milwaukee.

You know who also likes to makes lots of trades? Mark Shapiro and the Blue Jays. And they just had their worst full season in 40 years. Let's avoid that. Thanks.
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#72 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am

I wouldnt touch this team unless its:

A/ A minor tweak to help balance the roster.

or

B/ A young budding star.

Not a consolidation move where we package a bunch of kids for an expiring vet.

If the core of our strength is development then why try to trade people you are developing to clear cap space and compete in FA (not our strength).

Business 101
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
dillio
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,069

Post#73 » by dillio » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:21 am

Red Star wrote:
dillio wrote:
Red Star wrote:Maybe just trade some spare parts like Powell, SJohnson, McCaw for Andre Iguodala and run it back. Iggy would fit this team like a glove and can defend very well. Also help with some scoring.

Iggy is over the hill and not a big difference maker at this point. We would need to add another all star to realistically try to run it back... meanwhile Iggy is going to go to a team that can already make the finals as constructed (e.g. LAL, LAC, MIL, PHI).

No way we would get all star for group of guys we are offering. So far with minutes that Powell got, he has been underachieving and same can be said for Johnson. By trading both of these guys for Iguodala who would be more productive with Championship experience, Raptors would also clear cap space beyond this season since Iggys contract is expiring. As a Raptor fan, I wish we could make a run at all star level talent but seems far fetched at the moment.
I agree with you about that not being enough for an all star, my only point that was that adding Iguodala doesnā€™t turn this team into a contender.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#74 » by And1+2 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:23 am

Don't trade Gasol. Don't trade Lowry. Only trade Ibaka if you can actually get someone of value, which I doubt.

Oh and get rid of Powell, if that's even possible.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#75 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Kahn_2001 wrote:Powell is the one guy I don't mind trading, he hasn't improved since coming into the league and I'd much rather Davis get all his minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
sad to say that I've told you guys this over and over and over but guess what ? He's going to go on his typical "hot month" soon, and this fan base will be sucked back into calling him "normgod"

The guy is so predictable.
ā€œElephant in the room : Nick Thibodeauā€ Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#76 » by Senbonzakura » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Mehar wrote:

Please Redick

Why the **** would we put a 1st round pick in that trade?

Norm, Johnson and a 2nd is more than enough.
Rebel INS
Sixth Man
And1: 736

Post#77 » by Rebel INS » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Mehar wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
Mehar wrote:This was the name i was thinking of. New Orleans will be out of it by the trade deadline, and a Package around Norm, Stanley Johnson, 1st round pick, and even tossing a second rounder will be a fair trade for both sides. Redick has one less year than Norm as well. Redick would be a great fit on the Raptors. One can hope and dream.

New Orleans would want draft picks in return. Other teams will be in the hunt as well for Redick, so just Norm alone will not get Redick. Norm and Stanley Johnson's salaries match Redick. I would be comfortable trading a first round pick to make that deal happen (must add lottery protected).

35 year old JJ Redick is not worth a draft pick in the early 20's, let alone additional assets. I wouldn't make that trade even if we were a JJ Redick away from contention. In fact, I don't know if its ever been said that any team was "a JJ Redick away from a title"
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,447

Post#78 » by mtcan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:12 pm

I just need Masai to dump Norm. The tunnel vision...the inconsistency and the thought that you need to give him minutes because he is a "veteran" that has been through it and he is on contract for several more years. I would rather see more Matt Thomas and Terence Davis than Norm.
Mikek7
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#79 » by Mikek7 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:19 pm

mtcan wrote:I just need Masai to dump Norm. The tunnel vision...the inconsistency and the thought that you need to give him minutes because he is a "veteran" that has been through it and he is on contract for several more years. I would rather see more Matt Thomas and Terence Davis than Norm.

Yeah Norman has been super inconsistent from us, at this point it feel like he is another Terrance Ross with better defense.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,447

Post#80 » by mtcan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:22 pm

There are 2 guys on the roster currently that I have zero desire to see getting actual playing time: Norm and Stan.
With Norm you have no idea what you will get when steps onto the floor. At least with RHJ, Boucher, Matt and TD...you know what they bring when they check in. Norm is typical feast or famine.

Stan just flat out sucks. Can't shoot, can't dribble and is he really that great a defender? He has no NBA future.

Return to Toronto Raptors