ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Kawhi Leonard - DNP-LEFT KNEE INJURY MANAGEMENT

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rust_Cohle
Starter
And1: 2,222

Re: OT: Kawhi Leonard - DNP-LEFT KNEE INJURY MANAGEMENT 

Post#81 » by Rust_Cohle » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:20 am

Kawhi will be fine, he’s beenlstly fantastic when he does play. He looked like he had no lift during times with Toronto as well.

It’s the playoffs where he makes his money. He’s still a legit closer something most teams don't have
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#82 » by Chandan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:53 am

It worries me whenever I see him just strolling into the arena in street clothes. His gait is almost as if he's wobbling side to side. For a guy with such great posture this is concerning.
StartingBench
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#83 » by StartingBench » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:05 am

Bankai wrote:Real trolling was when Coach Pop sat out Tim Duncan and the boxscore reasoning was "DNP - Too Old"

Im thinking once we get Ibaka back, we need to sit out Marc for the same reason.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#84 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:29 am

Rust_Cohle wrote:Kawhi will be fine, he’s beenlstly fantastic when he does play. He looked like he had no lift during times with Toronto as well.

It’s the playoffs where he makes his money. He’s still a legit closer something most teams don't have

He's been playing fairly well if we're looking strictly at counting stats. He's averaging 26.8 ppg but he's also shooting 44% from the field and 28% from three, easily the worst percentages of his career. He's also doubled his assists averaging 6 apg but he's also doubled his turnovers turning the ball over 4 times per game. His fouls are also at a career high. That being said it's still very early in the season, however I just wouldn't go so far as to say that he's been "fantastic" when he does play.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#85 » by Clay Davis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:04 am

hankscorpioLA wrote:
LLJ wrote:I'm glad we got the best out of the guy and rode him to a ring. This is likely going to be an issue moving forward and the fact that he's already feeling sore and limping 10 or so games in the season isn't the greatest sign for his longevity.

Last year he hit his first setback around February.

I think it's too early to assume anything, except that it does seem like this is going to be an ongoing issue for Kawhi.

Having said that, there are a few potential points of concern to watch. For one thing, he's not hitting his 3s, which is often an indication of some kind of weakness in the legs. I looked at his shooting on basketball reference and he is also taking more mid-range shots at the expense of shots at the rim. Another potential sign of diminished explosiveness.

So to me, it's still a bit of a mixed bag.

On the other hand, what is clear at this point is the the Clippers are not handling this nearly as well as the Raptors did. And I have to wonder how much of this comes down to Alex McKechnie. I always remember this article and what Shaq had to say about him.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/sb-marketing/he-healed-shaq-but-his-business-is-still-on-the-bench/article4616609/

It was a recurring problem for the 25-year-old centre, then in his second year with the Los Angeles Lakers, and, at the time, Shaq remembers, it felt like his abs were "ripped in half, hanging together by one little thread."

Lakers medical staff didn't know what to do. They prescribed drugs and rest. A year-long recovery and surgery loomed. "One wrong move," Mr. O'Neal says, "and I'd have been out my whole career."

The Lakers staff searched for options and came across a Canadian who had successfully treated a similar injury. "This guy in Canada," Shaq was told, "he can fix you."

"He's the resurrector," Mr. O'Neal said of Mr. McKechnie in 2003. "He brought me back. I was dead, and he brought me back."

Kawhi came, got his discounted Core X, and GTFO'd back to Cali with it in hand.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#86 » by bluerap23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Is that 3 DNP in a row?
Confirmed - clips ran him down early and their training staff is mediocre.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,372

Post#87 » by Ranger One » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:19 pm

I bet Kawhi misses Alex McKechnie right about now.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,638

Post#88 » by WeThe2019Champs » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Clippers havent really played many road games. Nba set them up nicely. Soon to be 14 home games vs 5 road games. Kawhi might be resting for all the road games coming up.
No More Tanking!
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,989

Post#89 » by DelAbbot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:18 am

Kawhi + PG + Lou is scary.

I watched the end of the Bos and then Hou games, hoping to see clippers lose. The clippers basically imposed their will in the final mins of each game while being down. If Kawhi and PG are healthy heading into the playoffs, the clippers are scary.

P.S. I'm so happy we don't have a super athlete with a 2 cent brain like Russell Westbrook on our team.
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,778

Post#90 » by nestea » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:24 am

:(
DelAbbot wrote:Kawhi + PG + Lou is scary.

I watched the end of the Bos and then Hou games, hoping to see clippers lose. The clippers basically imposed their will in the final mins of each game while being down. If Kawhi and PG are healthy heading into the playoffs, the clippers are scary.

P.S. I'm so happy we don't have a super athlete with a 2 cent brain like Russell Westbrook on our team.

There deep offensively. Very. But guess what Houston was right there. With a little more balanced scoring they could of maybe won.
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
steamed hams
General Manager
And1: 19,431

Post#91 » by steamed hams » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 am

I mean Russell Westbrook threw the game away for them. They played 5v4 on Lou Williams shot because Westbrook literally didn't even try to cross halfcourt.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#92 » by DelAbbot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:27 am

nestea wrote::(

There deep offensively. Very. But guess what Houston was right there. With a little more balanced scoring they could of maybe won.

Both Bos and Hou were leading with 2 mins left. Then the clippers defense took over. Oh and Lou took over.

Lou has flaming hands with ice running through his veins
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#93 » by DelAbbot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:31 am

steamed hams wrote:

I mean Russell Westbrook threw the game away for them. They played 5v4 on Lou Williams shot because Westbrook literally didn't even try to cross halfcourt.

Who attempts a 3 while:
- down by just 1
- open lane to the basket after clippers doubled Harden
- shot less than 30% on 3ptrs last 3 years
- has a supermax contract
Maddogfromto
Sixth Man
And1: 63

OT: Kawhi Leonard - DNP-LEFT KNEE INJURY MANAGEMENT 

Post#94 » by Maddogfromto » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:15 am

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#95 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 am

Boston and Houston aren't great teams and they barely got past them. They also got a ton of help from the refs in the Boston game (didn't watch the Houston one).
smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Post#96 » by smallgains » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:27 pm

The Raps could rest this guy for the first three months without a problem and still be a top team in the east. What could have been......for him! 8-)

Return to Toronto Raptors