ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Kawhi Leonard - DNP-LEFT KNEE INJURY MANAGEMENT

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

grimlock
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,499

Re: OT: Kawhi Leonard - DNP-LEFT KNEE INJURY MANAGEMENT 

Post#41 » by grimlock » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:02 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:So raps created load management, handled the PR beautifully and now Clips got in trouble and had to be more specific lol. Knoobs

We didn't PR it beautifully. US Networks dont' care at all whats happening in Canada. In fact, they prefer not to promote raptors because they stand to lose money. That's why nobody cared about load management.... and now everyone is complaining.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#42 » by ItsDanger » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Mentioned on the general board during Houston game I saw Kawhi grab his left knee on the bench. His chronic condition is acting up already and it's still early November. Clippers could have problems come April. Don't underestimate PG's shoulder issues either which were bad enough to make a starting pitcher retire.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,207

Post#43 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Oakville_Raptor wrote:
antonaki1 wrote:
inonba wrote:I've said it before. Clippers will miss the playoffs. You can't load manage in the competitive west and this is the perfect example why. Kawhi rest, Clippers can't beat the 2-8 Pelicans.
I think Lou is the key to that team. If he gets injured their bench is done. He carried them in the playoffs. How we didn't even offer him a contract after he won sixth man of the year with us is beyond me.

From what I remember Lou was terrible the second half of the season with us and he didn't show up in the playoffs. That's your answer in why the Raptors didn't offer him a contract.

he also played a ball hogging chucking style that no one on the team liked.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#44 » by traps#10 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:14 pm

LLJ wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:I'd hate to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Clippers mishandle Kawhi's injury concerns. They're known to have one of the worst medical staffs in the league. With all the money in the world Balmer still refuses to make any upgrades to the medical team which is quite mind-blowing.

True, Alex McKechnie is one of the best physiotherapists in all of sports. The dude simply knows what he is doing when it comes to these athletes. All the stuff the Clippers are doing now are just copying Alex's notebooks or Kawhi's team scribbling notes from what they learned from Alex.

But they still aren't McKechnie, and that's the thing.

McKechnie also has 6 NBA rings, as if his resume wasn't already good enough

Alex McKechnie is the real MVP
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#45 » by Bank Shot » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:22 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:
antonaki1 wrote: I think Lou is the key to that team. If he gets injured their bench is done. He carried them in the playoffs. How we didn't even offer him a contract after he won sixth man of the year with us is beyond me.

From what I remember Lou was terrible the second half of the season with us and he didn't show up in the playoffs. That's your answer in why the Raptors didn't offer him a contract.

he also played a ball hogging chucking style that no one on the team liked.

Lou is nice but a lot of what he does on the offensive end gets undone on defense. I don't think people realize how bad he is on D. The Pelicans targeted him pretty aggressively down the stretch last night. I'm not sure the Clippers can build that nice of a defense playing Lou and Harrell big minutes, especially in the regular season where Kawhi is pretty average on that end.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,528

Post#46 » by 2019nbachamps » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:24 pm

People are making too big a deal of this. Its garnering so much attention because he's back in the U.S. now.

If I'm the Clippers all I care about is getting a top 4 playoff seed and ensuring PG and Kawhi are close to 100% as possible come April. I don't care about the media buzz, NBA fines, fan pressure, etc. You go into the playoffs with these guys healthy and you're the #1 favourite to win the title. That's all that matters.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#47 » by SHFT » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Bankai wrote:Real trolling was when Coach Pop sat out Tim Duncan and the boxscore reasoning was "DNP - Too Old"

Pop does a lot of hilarious **** but that has to be the best of them.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,678

Post#48 » by VanWest82 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:44 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Mentioned on the general board during Houston game I saw Kawhi grab his left knee on the bench. His chronic condition is acting up already and it's still early November. Clippers could have problems come April. Don't underestimate PG's shoulder issues either which were bad enough to make a starting pitcher retire.

He now has chronic conditions (tendinopathy) in both knees. That was the revelation from the NBA clarifying his injury status. He has the quad tendinopathy in his right leg dating back to Spurs, and he now has jumper's knee in his left leg. I thought he just sprained his left knee in the Sixers series. I can't believe he didn't take the money in FA. His career might be done in a few years, even with the load mgmt.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#49 » by LLJ » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:I still don't believe Kawhi is dealing with a long-term injury. Why on earth would he sign a 2 year deal then? I think its just load-management, making sure he's well-rested for the playoffs.

By signing a 2 year deal with a degenerative issue he runs the risk of not being worth the max after 2 years and actually losing money by not taking the full 4 year deal.

You can believe or not believe. But his medical records are known to NBA officials and they wouldn't let a player just rest whenever he wanted.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,343

Post#50 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:58 pm

grimlock wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:So raps created load management, handled the PR beautifully and now Clips got in trouble and had to be more specific lol. Knoobs

We didn't PR it beautifully. US Networks dont' care at all whats happening in Canada. In fact, they prefer not to promote raptors because they stand to lose money. That's why nobody cared about load management.... and now everyone is complaining.

Incorrect.

We did handle it beautifully PR wise because from day one they were consistent with the message to the fans and media. They were building his body back up. Our coach was in line with our management on the message. Doc Rivers wasn’t.

And we also handled it right with the NBA. The Clippers clearly did not.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#51 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:01 pm

PD28 wrote:I think kawhi and Dennis love the leverage they have over the franchise by signing the 2 year. It may bite them in the ass but now they get to call the shots for those 2 years.
Michael Jordan wrote:I still don't believe Kawhi is dealing with a long-term injury. Why on earth would he sign a 2 year deal then? I think its just load-management, rest him for the playoffs.

By signing a 2 year deal with a degenerative issue he runs the risk of not being worth the max after 2 years and actually losing money by not taking the full 4 year deal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using RealGM mobile app

It's the security of a 3 year deal though because he has a player option for the 3rd year. So he really only lost out on that 4th year.
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#52 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:There's certainly a real risk that his contract will look bad in a couple years. But you do that contract all day, every day for one of the best, if not the very best, player in the world.

His contract will be over in a couple years, so I kinda doubt that.
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#53 » by pagal » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:36 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
PD28 wrote:I think kawhi and Dennis love the leverage they have over the franchise by signing the 2 year. It may bite them in the ass but now they get to call the shots for those 2 years.
Michael Jordan wrote:I still don't believe Kawhi is dealing with a long-term injury. Why on earth would he sign a 2 year deal then? I think its just load-management, rest him for the playoffs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using RealGM mobile app

It's the security of a 3 year deal though because he has a player option for the 3rd year. So he really only lost out on that 4th year.

He already agreed to an under the table contract for 7 year man, this 2 year sh*t is just a formality to ensure he gets the 10 year vet max afterwards on paper. I wouldn't be surprised if Ballmer gave everything up front in crypto or untraceable cayman accounts or some sort of leverage these shady bastards could use if he balked.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#54 » by Yosemite Dan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Anyone watching Kawhi’s last several games can plainly see something is physically wrong. And it’s only the middle of November. He has no jump for 4 games in a row and he never displayed that kind of weakness with us for that stretch of consecutive games.

Kawhi may not be enamoured with the Clippers medical staff hence the cryptic interview the other day where he specifically said “I’m a Clipper for now”. Honestly I’m still shocked he spurned the Raps just for the McKechnie thing alone. He had someone who understood his delicate physical condition and remedied it perfectly. Just to throw that all away to “go home”. Really? What is he...12 years old and away at camp crying for his mommy to come pick him up?

Don’t rule out Kawhi coming back to the Raptors in 2 years as long as Alex is there. Not as crazy as people might think. Think about it. If hes not thrilled with the Clippers organization after 2 years, where’s he gonna go? Lakers? Spurs? LOL no. It would be back to Toronto where he had his most enjoyable season that he’s stated several times. It’s gonna be him or Giannis in a Raptor uni by 2021.
The Nutz
Junior
And1: 522

Post#55 » by The Nutz » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:52 pm

HeartDonor wrote:Not thread worthy.

not postworthy
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,256

Post#56 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:Anyone watching Kawhi’s last several games can plainly see something is physically wrong. And it’s only the middle of November. He has no jump for 4 games in a row and he never displayed that kind of weakness with us for that stretch of consecutive games.

Kawhi may not be enamoured with the Clippers medical staff hence the cryptic interview the other day where he specifically said “I’m a Clipper for now”. Honestly I’m still shocked he spurned the Raps just for the McKechnie thing alone. He had someone who understood his delicate physical condition and remedied it perfectly. Just to throw that all away to “go home”. Really? What is he...12 years old and away at camp crying for his mommy to come pick him up?

Don’t rule out Kawhi coming back to the Raptors in 2 years as long as Alex is there. Not as crazy as people might think. Think about it. If hes not thrilled with the Clippers organization after 2 years, where’s he gonna go? Lakers? Spurs? LOL no. It would be back to Toronto where he had his most enjoyable season that he’s stated several times. It’s gonna be him or Giannis in a Raptor uni by 2021.

If Kawhi is near the end of his prime 2 summers from now and Giannis is coming over, I don't think Masai wants Kawhi back anymore...
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#57 » by Yosemite Dan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:Anyone watching Kawhi’s last several games can plainly see something is physically wrong. And it’s only the middle of November. He has no jump for 4 games in a row and he never displayed that kind of weakness with us for that stretch of consecutive games.

If Kawhi is near the end of his prime 2 summers from now and Giannis is coming over, I don't think Masai wants Kawhi back anymore...

Which would be the ultimate irony.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#58 » by Clay Davis » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Idk man, it's kind of unfair to harp on him for going back home since he could have a serious moral imperative to go there. He has nephews, nieces, cousins, etc who probably need him as a role model. We saw what kind of nonsense his sister got up to. He probably feels a need to be around them and be a positive role-model (if they have legal issues they may not be able to come to Canada easily).
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#59 » by ItsDanger » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:54 pm

At the time of the trade, Charles Barkley offered advice to Kawhi to stay in Toronto, its time to be your own man. Maybe he was right. Sometimes, a family can hold people back in their careers.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#60 » by Westside Gunn » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:19 pm

I just want him to win his 3rd championship and he can retire or load manage a whole season if he wants. The third championship with a 3rd different team should cement him as goat

***If raptors cant do it***
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now

Return to Toronto Raptors