ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Sixers fans and media are turning on Ben Simmons

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Re: OT: Sixers fans and media are turning on Ben Simmons 

Post#21 » by everdiso » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:19 am

The raps' secret sauce is that every player can defend and every player can shoot.

Simmons can't shoot.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Jon_3232
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,942

Post#22 » by Jon_3232 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:21 am

maternal85 wrote:
Jon_3232 wrote:I’d trade anyone on our team for Simmons other than Siakam. Imagine Simmons getting real development and a coach that would play him in the right position. I don’t like him at PG....he ain’t Magic. Get him a good shooting backcourt and he’s set

He has peaked bro.

If that’s your honest thought then I seriously doubt your basketball knowledge and assume your either a troll/Hater. You along with everyone else have no clue if he’s peaked, he’s 23 years old for Christ sakes. He hasn’t elevated his play to what most thought it’d be but he has too much talent for anyone to say he’s peaked, that’s just be a dumb take.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#23 » by Kabookalu » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:24 am

Fred for Simmons who says no
Read on Twitter
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#24 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:25 am

Jon_3232 wrote:
maternal85 wrote:
Jon_3232 wrote:I’d trade anyone on our team for Simmons other than Siakam. Imagine Simmons getting real development and a coach that would play him in the right position. I don’t like him at PG....he ain’t Magic. Get him a good shooting backcourt and he’s set

He has peaked bro.

If that’s your honest thought then I seriously doubt your basketball knowledge and assume your either a troll/Hater. You along with everyone else have no clue if he’s peaked, he’s 23 years old for Christ sakes. He hasn’t elevated his play to what most thought it’d be but he has too much talent for anyone to say he’s peaked, that’s just be a dumb take.
Look at his numbers m8. He isn't getting better. Just cause he's young doesn't mean **** if he's not putting in the work.
Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
everdiso
General Manager

Post#25 » by everdiso » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:28 am

It's tough to be a center nowadays without shooting 3s.

Impossible to be a PG without shooting them.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:32 am

everdiso wrote:It's tough to be a center nowadays without shooting 3s.

He can't even shoot free throws so he's afraid to get fouled lol. He's a mess

Jon_3232
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,942

Post#27 » by Jon_3232 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:32 am

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:
Jon_3232 wrote:
maternal85 wrote:
He has peaked bro.

Look at his numbers m8. He isn't getting better.

Oh **** your right mate, we should write the guy off 11 games into his 3rd season as a 23yr old. Not like he hasn’t put up well above avg OWS or DWS esp as a young guy. He’s been great, has his shooting sucked ? Yah. But he still has way more talent than anyone one the raps. And if I have the chance to trade anyone on the team other than Siakam, then I’d do it. The guy was so hyped clearly ppl won’t take anything less than superstardom lol
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:37 am

Jon_3232 wrote:
DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:
Jon_3232 wrote:If that’s your honest thought then I seriously doubt your basketball knowledge and assume your either a troll/Hater. You along with everyone else have no clue if he’s peaked, he’s 23 years old for Christ sakes. He hasn’t elevated his play to what most thought it’d be but he has too much talent for anyone to say he’s peaked, that’s just be a dumb take.
Look at his numbers m8. He isn't getting better.

Oh **** your right mate, we should write the guy off 11 games into his 3rd season as a 23yr old. Not like he hasn’t put up well above avg OWS or DWS esp as a young guy. He’s been great, has his shooting sucked ? Yah. But he still has way more talent than anyone one the raps. And if I have the chance to trade anyone on the team other than Siakam, then I’d do it. The guy was so hyped clearly ppl won’t take anything less than superstardom lol
11 games? It's been 3 years and he has not hit one 3 lol he's the same player from LSU who has major flaws in his game and won't fix them. Glad you're not our GM cause this guy is a Pilon versus smart teams that game plan for him.

-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#29 » by -AirCanada- » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:45 am

TheBoi10 wrote:They seem to think he's stalled in his development, hasn't gotten better since his rookie year.

Is this something we should monitor?

Just imagine Simmons instead of OG in our lineups :P , he could learn so much from Siakam and Lowry.

Monitor for what? why the **** would we want Ben Simmons.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#30 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:10 am

Simmons is a SF/PF just like Giannis, LeBron, Siakam. With Siakam's skill development he can play the 'SF' and Simmons at the 'PF'.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#31 » by everdiso » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:13 am

TheBoi10 wrote:

Simmons is a SF/PF just like Giannis, LeBron, Siakam. With Siakam's skill development he can play the 'SF' and Simmons at the 'PF'.

Those guys can all shoot.

Simmons can't.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#32 » by Westside Gunn » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:14 am

everdiso wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

Simmons can't.

Maybe the Sixers are reinventing the game. 20 years ago your C couldn't shoot to save his life. Now you draft PGs that cant shoot, and pay them 200m at the same time.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#33 » by dalton749 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:36 am

I find it so pathetic that a guy can play basketball his entire life, get paid millions to do it, and can’t even shoot the damn ball. It makes zero sense.
TheBoi10
General Manager

Post#34 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:42 am

everdiso wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

Simmons can't.

Giannis can't shoot
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#35 » by duppyy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:48 am

Trade Norm for him :)
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,598

Post#36 » by AbC? » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:48 am

Its a terrible roster construction.

They're essentially rolling out PF-SF-PF-C-C as their starting lineup.

Still, Simmons probably isn't worth the hassle to build around. And now its too late because they are locked into this core for the foreseeable future. Wonder if they have the guts to trade him.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#37 » by everdiso » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:57 am

TheBoi10 wrote:
everdiso wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

Simmons can't.

Giannis can't shoot

Restricted Area

Giannis 10.2fga, 77.7%
Simmons 7.3fga, 72.6%

Paint

Giannis 3.0fga, 36.4%
Simmons 3.4fga, 23.5%

Mid-Range

Giannis 1.6fga, 44.4%
Simmons 0.1fga, 0.0%

3pt

Giannis 4.0fga, 30.0%
Simmons 0.0fga, 0.0%
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#38 » by Kabookalu » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:06 am

dalton749 wrote:I find it so pathetic that a guy can play basketball his entire life, get paid millions to do it, and can’t even shoot the damn ball. It makes zero sense.

In a way it does make sense. The guy was a gifted athlete early on his life and could dominate little kids just by playing exactly the way he is right now. Though now that he's on the biggest stage of the sport he's realizing that he can't get away with being bigger and more athletic than everyone anymore. I do believe he's trying to improve his jumper, but he's so far behind in development that it's going to take a really long time for it to bear fruition. The first step is actually developing the skills, and the second is having the confidence to shoot them in game. The latter is what most players have trouble the most with.

With that said I'm not absolving Simmons completely. Wiggins, LeBron, and Zion were all athletic freaks as kids too, and even they went out and shot long range jumpers against high schoolers when they had no reason to.

Read on Twitter
TheBoi10
General Manager

Post#39 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:10 am

everdiso wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
everdiso wrote:

Simmons can't.

Giannis can't shoot

Restricted Area

Giannis 10.2fga, 77.7%
Simmons 7.3fga, 72.6%

Paint

Giannis 3.0fga, 36.4%
Simmons 3.4fga, 23.5%

Mid-Range

Giannis 1.6fga, 44.4%
Simmons 0.1fga, 0.0%

3pt

Giannis 4.0fga, 30.0%
Simmons 0.0fga, 0.0%

I hope you're kidding other than at the rim those numbers are horrible.

Also it's been only 11 games on that 3pt shooting volume and he's shooting 29.5% on them, which is horrible offense (0.885 pts per 3pt shot).

Lol at 1.6 midrange fga through 11 games, that's 8 out of 18 midrange shots. In terms of sample size that's nothing. Giannis was 34.5% guy from midrange last year, again horrible offense. 24% in the playoffs :lol:

His free throw shooting has been getting worse the past few seasons as well 17-18: 76% (69.1% in playoffs), 18-19: 72.9% (63.7% in playoffs, 58.3% vs the Raps), 19-20: 63.1%.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#40 » by Gold Dragon » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:37 am

Kabookalu wrote:
dalton749 wrote:I find it so pathetic that a guy can play basketball his entire life, get paid millions to do it, and can’t even shoot the damn ball. It makes zero sense.

In a way it does make sense. The guy was a gifted athlete early on his life and could dominate little kids just by playing exactly the way he is right now. Though now that he's on the biggest stage of the sport he's realizing that he can't get away with being bigger and more athletic than everyone anymore. I do believe he's trying to improve his jumper, but he's so far behind in development that it's going to take a really long time for it to bear fruition.

This.

Sometime these superbly gifted athletes never learn how to improve their game because they never had to. By the time they realize they need to change their approach, it is too late. Also these kids are hyped as the next big thing from the beginning of high school. Sometimes, they end up believing their own hype and I always got that impression from Simmons. If you already are the best thing since sliced bread, why do you need to get better?

I felt Wiggins also went down a similar path but maybe he is turning it around. We shall see.

Return to Toronto Raptors