ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Gassed out

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,096

Re: PG: Gassed out 

Post#101 » by Dirk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Jason Terry "Who is this rookie?"
https://streamable.com/sgt0c

Spoiler:
riff_raff wrote:Thomas is already better than Danny Green

Boogie! wrote:Matt Thomas cannot miss. Lmao.

jtrl5 wrote:WOWZA MATT THOMAS a big 3 and1 if he goes to the line.

Truthrising wrote:Damn..Matt Thomas is like our JJ Reddick

Tortiglioni wrote:Matt Thomas 3 years/4.2 mil is robbery.

Lateral Quicks wrote:Matt Thomas +16 in 10 MP. LOL

<---- Maxi
Spoiler:
Alfred wrote:Siakam got shut down by Kleber.

wayoftheroad wrote:I cant believe Kleber has shut down Pascal

wayoftheroad wrote:Give credit where it's due. Kleber playin Siakam very smart ,defense on point

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Kleber was really physical with Siakam

Alfred wrote:Kleber has shut down Siakam.

Maxi is a good defender with surprising athletic ability. Still I was not expecting him to keep up with Siakam, he used his body well, but Siakam probably just was not on his physical best in this game. I imagine Siakam kills him with quickness on a different night.

Brandon_Roy wrote:Dallas broadcast loves this raps team so much

They do.

Love for Siakam https://streamable.com/crvwr
Love for Booshay https://streamable.com/lf4vp

Not sure if Nash or FVV
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Jcity08 wrote:What a pass by FVV to Siakam.

Inklink wrote:That sequence was so sickkk

Brinbe wrote:FREDDY LOOKING LIKE STEVE NASH

bboyskinnylegs wrote:love that pass

TD is smooth
Spoiler:

Delon still loves you
Spoiler:
Scott Hall wrote:Delon Wright is starting to piss me off

Basketball_Jones wrote:Delon is an all star

RapsAndJays21 wrote:Delon Wright for sure not getting a ring. Come on man.

BBallG wrote:delon getting more calls than Siakam...

Kingsway_fan wrote:Delon playing well. Gonna take it to thomas...

TrustFundBaby wrote:Delon revenge game

Maximillion wrote:Revenge game for Delon.

Truthrising wrote:I miss Delon Wright

PushDaRock wrote:Delon's been really good this game, lots of heady plays.

bon wrote:Delon heard yall talking sh**

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app

Kingsway_fan wrote:Delon schooling raps...ffs

Scott Hall wrote:Delon Wright revenge game

Are you saying Luka is god?
Spoiler:
Alfred wrote:
Kingsway_fan wrote:Donic is top three mvp....

He really is that good. We're throwing two top tier perimeter defenders at him back to back and he's still getting it done.

Alfred wrote:Doncic has two of the best perimeter defenders playing him and he's still getting into the lane pretty easily.

Oakville_Raptor wrote:Doncic can do whatever he wants according to the refs

RapsAndJays21 wrote:League already protecting Him? What a joke

SFour wrote:Doncic is just running past the double teams...smh

SFour wrote:doncic already getting superstar calls

Brinbe wrote:luka gonna get that harden whistle

Kingsway_fan wrote:Donic is MVP along with Giannis

Boogie! wrote:Omg doncic is the new **** James harden. Foul foul.

Also why does siakam keep brickinf his 3s so bad.

Kingsway_fan wrote:Donic man

720 wrote:Doncic has that Harden changing speed game.

The Warrior wrote:Luka Whistle

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

vbmeer wrote:Doncic is outsmarting Raptors' defensive aggression.

Alfred wrote:Doncic learned well from LeBron. Do a little outraged dance and the refs reverse the call.

SFour wrote:defense is the problem....doncic is schooling them

T-d0t wrote:Doncic is ridiculous

BigDocta898 wrote:Wow these refs treat doncic like hes Michael jordan

pilkoids wrote:Doncic is killing us on the pnr. How many of those were Gasol involved in?

S ID wrote:you breath on doncic its a foul while we're getting mugged and not getting ****

tdotrep2 wrote:do the doncic, run into the dudes chest and throw it at the rim

raptorstime wrote:
RapsAndJays21 wrote:
raptorstime wrote:doncic is the REAL deal wow

League already protecting him like the real deal too

yeah they need a new face of the NBA since bron is retiring soon

SFour wrote:Doncic talking to the refs a lot...smart guy

raptorstime wrote:doncic is the REAL deal wow

tdotrep2 wrote:doncic pushed off, then travelled... are you fcking kidding me?

You're probably right.
Spoiler:

60/21/10
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,130

Post#102 » by The Warrior » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Dirk wrote:
LMAO. A+ compilation. Guilty as charged haha well done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#103 » by Slo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:03 pm

SpaceCenter wrote:I'm surprise Cuban doesn't get called out for racism with that team. There's like 20 white players in the league and Dallas has half of them haha.

Or..

they just found out the same thing that we are finding out, bunch of guys from Europe and other continents are most of the time more low maintance and easier to fit into team basketball concepts. Its not like the Mavs are signing only white Americans, they are signing guys from Europe (Doncic, Porzingis, Kleber, Marjanovic..)
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#104 » by kwajo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Missed the game, how was Thomas overall? I see in the boxscore he had 10 points and was +12 which sounds great but how did it look in person, was his D passable for example?
ā€Iā€™m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.ā€
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#105 » by deeps6x » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Lukeem wrote:
Brinbe wrote:can't win them all. pascal has his usual scoring night and we easily win. your star doesn't come through and that's what happens. gasol offering no threat at all in the post is maddening. he was not good at all either.

only one of 82, of course. but that was a winnable and overall frustrating game that we just blew. mavs aren't all that impressive outside of luka.

we prob win with a healthy lowry/ibaka but that's no excuse.

shows we only go as far as pascal takes us.

Really frustrating watching siakam struggle and our whole offense looks pretty bad despite great games from powell and thomas on that end.

Then I remember oh yeah that Ibaka and Lowry would make a pretty big difference.

But no denying Gasol has been disappointing this year. No doubt his iq on both ends is paramount. But him not being able to score unless itā€™s a wide open 3 holds back a lot of potential greatness for this team

What irks me more about Gasol is he keeps constantly passing up wide open 3s. Man, the one thing you are still doing well is shoot the three, so start shooting the damn 3s man!

I think there was one sequence in the 4th where he decided to pass instead of taking a wide open three early in the shot clock, then tried to force a contested 2 late in the clock from 5 feet away and missed badly.

Overall, it feels like Gasol can still be very good at some things, but the massive hole in his game, is making him feel, to me, like Simmons in Philly. Meaning, a player with a barely positive impact to the team, because he can't do one of the main things required of a player at his position. He is almost useless inside the arc on O, and refuses to exploit one of his two strengths outside the arc. It is very frustrating to watch.

I know, this is an over simplification, and advanced stats will show he still has more than a minimal positive impact, but...
It still frustrates me as a fan to see him falling off like this.

If we are paying him MLE money as a backup, I'm happy with what we are getting, but $25M or whatever it is today and I'm dreaming of the moment Masai finds some other team to take him off our hands.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#106 » by 720 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm

kwajo wrote:Missed the game, how was Thomas overall? I see in the boxscore he had 10 points and was +12 which sounds great but how did it look in person, was his D passable for example?

He led the bench guys and gave us like a 7 point lead. He should have played more.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#107 » by Metallikid » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
720 wrote:ALL OF OUR LOSSES the refs gave the other team all the calls. Back breaking bull **** calls.

Luka with 19 free throws. Early in the week against us I noticed he was getting the Lebron/Giannis calls for sure. At one point he kicked Smart in the balls and got the and 1 for it.

The guy is the best talent to come out in 10 years, i don't get why the NBA has to do this. Just call a foul or not the same for Luka as you do for Evan Turner and let talent work the rest out.

He had more FT than our whole god damn team!

We're higher rated offensively and defensively but we're never given the benefit of the doubt by officials, even on our own court.

Players like Pascal and Fred and Marc aren't whiners and almost every game this year they feel like they're getting screwed

And what I've realized this season is that just as bad as the bad calls are, it's worse because players are 100% attuned to the whistle and when they see they can get away with mauling our players it they will do it all game. It hasn't resulted in an injury yet but our players are routinely down on the hardwood with no call while the other team gets a 5 on 4. Our players are getting hit in the air with no repercussion and then the fouls called on us are legitimately not even in the same category of contact.

Case in point: OG gets taken out by Kawhi first play of the game and Nurse gets a Tech for yelling at the refs for not calling something on a play where our player was clearly fouled and injured and when even the replay showed they all looked directly at the play. Later that same game when it was close down the stretch you have Doc Rivers yelling in the refs face for MORE CALLS in a game where they had already had the lion's share of calls. No tech for Doc. Instead they got the extra calls and won by 8.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#108 » by kwajo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:46 pm

720 wrote:
kwajo wrote:Missed the game, how was Thomas overall? I see in the boxscore he had 10 points and was +12 which sounds great but how did it look in person, was his D passable for example?

He led the bench guys and gave us like a 7 point lead. He should have played more.

Thanks! 8-)
ā€Iā€™m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.ā€
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#109 » by Alfred » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:24 am

His defense wasn't as bad as the Portland game but it was still bad. Any time we go man defense with him on the court, they put him in the P&R and it's an easy score. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to go over a screen, so we're basically forced to play a zone when he is on the court. The Mavs are a well coached team with smart passers, so they shredded our zone every time we trotted it out.

His shot on the other hand is crazy. He pumpfaked an open three, sidestepped and shot a three with a hand in his face (which is 90% of the time a recipe for a brick) and swished it. His shot is really flat though, it's kind of crazy how accurate it is.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#110 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:04 am

Alfred wrote:

His defense wasn't as bad as the Portland game but it was still bad. Any time we go man defense with him on the court, they put him in the P&R and it's an easy score. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to go over a screen, so we're basically forced to play a zone when he is on the court. The Mavs are a well coached team with smart passers, so they shredded our zone every time we trotted it out.

His shot on the other hand is crazy. He pumpfaked an open three, sidestepped and shot a three with a hand in his face (which is 90% of the time a recipe for a brick) and swished it. His shot is really flat though, it's kind of crazy how accurate it is.

When he moves laterally, he actually wastes some of his energy by jumping vertically. I wonder if coaches can work with him to transfer that vertical energy to the horizontal plane. He has energy.

What impresses me the most are his decisions when he is run off of the line; jump shots, bank shots, and passes. No broken plays.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,767

Post#111 » by Jadoogar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:03 pm

This was essentially a schedule loss. End of a long road trip, missing key players, Siakam and FVV playing HEAVY minutes. Despite all that, we kept it close and just ran out of gas at the end.

However, the injuries have allowed space for RHJ and Terrence Davis. Once Lowry and Ibaka come back, Nurse has to get Siakam's minutes under control. RHJ and Ibaka should be able to cover backup PF minutes.
Sucks that Stanley Johnson does nothing positive, could have used him.

Return to Toronto Raptors