ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Gassed out

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

RealGM
And1: 66,418

Re: PG: Gassed out 

Post#41 » by 720 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:21 am

Reeko wrote:
720 wrote:ALL OF OUR LOSSES the refs gave the other team all the calls. Back breaking bull **** calls.

While that is true for tonight's game and our loss to the Clippers, in terms of free throw disparity, it was not true for the Bucks or Celtics games.

Bucks game they gave Siakam a phantom call literally the first 30 seconds of the game. Put him in foul trouble early.

Celtics game they called ten offensive fouls on the raptors. Kemba flopping all third and fourth quarter. Ed Malloy gave them momentum in the 4th.
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#42 » by Saciid11 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:21 am

IceMan122515 wrote:
artsncrafts wrote:Holy ****, Doncic had 19 FTA to the Raptors 15

One guy 19 to our whole team 15. :lol:

Poor shooting and some bad turnovers cost us the game.

This is game and Clipper game Raptors have legit case against nba reffing and it’s not like raps weren’t trying to drive to the basket more often.What is the difference between the contacts Luka was being rewarded and the none calls Pascal it FVV where getting every time they drive to the basket.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,461
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#43 » by SharoneWright » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:22 am

SpaceCenter wrote:I'm surprise Cuban doesn't get called out for racism with that team. There's like 20 white players in the league and Dallas has half of them haha.

they won :dontknow:
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#44 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:23 am

3-2 during a tough west coast swing with Lowry and Ibaka out, that's pretty good.
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,305

Post#45 » by TOStateofMind » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:24 am

Still a winnable game even with it being ugly. Worst game of the year for pascal, but I still expected ups and downs this year so you learn from it and bounce back. Dont think these heavy min are helping either, 4 games in a row with over 40+.
Saciid11
General Manager

Post#46 » by Saciid11 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:24 am

I was expecting a win tonight, but still 3-2 on the road trip without Lowry and Ibaka is solid.
IceMan122515
Junior
And1: 270

Post#47 » by IceMan122515 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 am

Saciid11 wrote:
IceMan122515 wrote:
artsncrafts wrote:Holy ****, Doncic had 19 FTA to the Raptors 15

One guy 19 to our whole team 15. :lol:

Poor shooting and some bad turnovers cost us the game.

This is game and Clipper game Raptors have legit case against nba reffing and it’s not like raps weren’t trying to drive to the basket more often.What is the difference between the contacts Luka was being rewarded and the none calls Pascal it FVV where getting every time they drive to the basket.

The difference is home court. I expect that home guys get some more calls. We get very few though. I know it sucks but oh well. This is not the main reason we lost tonight.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#48 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 am

SharoneWright wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:I'm surprise Cuban doesn't get called out for racism with that team. There's like 20 white players in the league and Dallas has half of them haha.

With our injuries 3 and 2 road trip? Who's not happy?
RealGM

Post#49 » by 720 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 am

SharoneWright wrote:

Hornets take all the bad white players and Dallas takes the good ones. lol
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,270

Post#50 » by Brinbe » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 am

artsncrafts wrote:2 stats stand out. Siakam: 6-24 , FVV: -22

yep, also 55-42
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#51 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 am

720 wrote:
Reeko wrote:
720 wrote:ALL OF OUR LOSSES the refs gave the other team all the calls. Back breaking bull **** calls.

While that is true for tonight's game and our loss to the Clippers, in terms of free throw disparity, it was not true for the Bucks or Celtics games.

Bucks game they gave Siakam a phantom call literally the first 30 seconds of the game. Put him in foul trouble early.

Celtics game they called ten offensive fouls on the raptors. Kemba flipping all third and fourth quarter. Ed Malloy gave them momentum in the 4th.

Yeah you can argue the timing of those calls. But on just a pure blatant free throw disparity tonight's game and the Clippers game were brutal.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Saciid11
General Manager

Post#52 » by Saciid11 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:27 am

Raptors if they are healthy and play the defence they are capable of .. I think they can compete with Bucks, Philly and Boston.
RealGM

Post#53 » by 720 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:27 am

artsncrafts wrote:2 stats stand out. Siakam: 6-24 , FVV: -22

Our bench tried hard and got us momentum by halftime. Fred came in and did that deliberate slow dribble thing and in a few minutes Dallas got a lead. Siakam didn’t help either because during that brief stretch he was not being aggressive at all.
Saciid11
General Manager

Post#54 » by Saciid11 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:31 am

Reeko wrote:
720 wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Celtics game they called ten offensive fouls on the raptors. Kemba flipping all third and fourth quarter. Ed Malloy gave them momentum in the 4th.

Yeah you can argue the timing of those calls. But on just a pure blatant free throw disparity tonight's game and the Clippers game were brutal.

Unwatchable, Clipper game was even worse.. because atleast we sucked this game. The Clipper game they did everything right, but the refuse just refuse to give raptors calls and anything they got near Lou they called foul on raps.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#55 » by lebron stopper » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:32 am

Powell had a great scoring game tonight, but it still feels like we could have gotten more from him. He missed like four different layups at point blank range: two that he missed while backdoor cutting to the rim at full speed (his off-ball cutting game still needs work), one that he somehow managed to get over Porzingis but it still rolled off the rim, and one at the end when he stumbled on a drive. It's crazy to think he could have had a new career high if he had just made a few more shots. Still, he had a great bounce-back from the Blazers game, where he didn't force anything, yet just couldn't get the ball in the basket no matter how hard he tried.

VanVleet continues to be good for us. It looks like his handle has improved a ton (ex. that one sequence where he stumbled in front of two Mavs but didn't turn it over). He also didn't force any plays that weren't there. He continues to be a clever offensive player who leverages misdirection to make good plays for his teammates. Only minus that stood out for me was that he seems to hold onto the ball a bit too long and the team doesn't get into their sets quickly when he runs the offense, but that's a minor point. Otherwise, I don't really have any complaints about VanVleet.

The Mavs did a great job defending Siakam, to the point where he started forcing bad shots and terrible passes in a bid to escape his funk. They also did a great job hunting Gasol in space to get wide open shots for their shooters, which eventually led to Gasol being benched for the remainder of the game.

I'm surprised that the Raptors didn't often load up their defense on Doncic more aggressively. I'm aware that he's an excellent passer, but they just can't let him beat them one-on-one and pick apart their defense so easily. One example I remember was from towards the end, where RHJ covered him one-on-one and Doncic drove on him and made a floater.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#56 » by Kevin Willis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:32 am

Haha - that's not accurate. Utah usually has a lot of white players. Indiana has a few. Phx has Rubio, Baynes, Kaminsky, Saric, Tyler Johnson. You can make the case certain racial areas have more white players but let's not and focus on basketball. Cuban is not a racist guy, he does have a fascination for the Euro game though.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,572

Post#57 » by AbC? » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:32 am

Next step of Siakam's game is mastering the art of baiting fouls, flopping, getting friendly with the refs etc. The yell into the And1 scream isn't working for him. Needs to change it up.

Team just didn't have it tonight. Wasn't impressed by Dallas.
flipside21
Veteran
And1: 896

Post#58 » by flipside21 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:33 am

I get a really funny vibe from the team on this loss . . . the narrative of this season is that they've grown up from effective mercenaries to cold blooded assassins on account of their championship run . . . thing is this game was that same midground game our guys have always struggled with during the DeRozan era . . .

What do we think of Siakam falling apart against a defense that is not entirely impressive?

Were we just bored?
RealGM

Post#59 » by 720 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:33 am

Saciid11 wrote:Raptors if they are healthy and play the defence they are capable of .. I think they can compete with Bucks, Philly and Boston.

We’re legit. It’s just frustrating to see them lose to above .500 teams because of bs. Like we don’t get the respect from the refs at all when we play playoff teams.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,755

Post#60 » by ItsDanger » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:37 am

I wish Nurse would trust these bench guys more, should have brought them in late 3rd qtr to give Siakam and FVV rest. I want to see Thomas and Davis with more run together.

On the bright side, we finished our 1st of 2 long western conference trips early this season and have 8-4 record with only 4 games played at home so far. I think we all would take that considering the injuries.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.

Return to Toronto Raptors