ImageImageImageImageImage

Fred’s next contract

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Re: Fred’s next contract 

Post#121 » by maternal85 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:02 am

AP4LIFE wrote:I think Masai will not trade him before the deadline (assuming raps are not getting equivelent value in return) to see how FVV performs in the playoffs without Kawhi attracting all the attention and leaving him open for 3's. If we get to the east finals with Freddy playing well, making big shots and go the distance, pay him whatever his market value.
We can trade Lowry in the summer of 2020 for a salary cap relief (and I'm huge fan of him)

A players market value doesn't decrease in the playoffs, it only increases. If so the sixers wouldn't have given Harris the max. Same with the bucks overpaying their players who played bad in the conference finals.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#122 » by gp2015 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:20 am

maternal85 wrote:
gp2015 wrote:Not okay with paying FVV 20 million plus.

Welcome Terence Davis II, our new PG of the future!

Then when TD becomes a good player and asks for 20 million per year, you let him go and start the cycle all over again ? I'm not directing this at you specifically, but how old are people here ? "Fred isn't worth X" No, whatever a team is ready to give FVV, that's his worth. And if trash players or respectable players at best like eric gordan (15 mill), D Russell (27 million), Dragic (20 million), James Johnson (15 million), Dennis Schrodeor ( 15 million), Reggie F-ing Jackson (18 million), Eric Bledose (15 million), etc, all make 15 million or more, what do you think a guy like Fred who was an important player on a world champ team will ask for ? He's starting at 20 million per year period ! He's giving you 18 and 8, while shooting 40% from behind the arc and leading a title contending team. Even if MU doesn't want to give him 20 million per year. He will. Because in the NBA you just don't let assets walk away. The Warriors even begged Durant to do a S &T rather than him just walking away. That's how GM's think.

On another note. I've been watching this team from day 1. Literally at the skydome dodging bird crap during the game. With the exception of I.Thomas, all the GM's we had were incompetent. They were so incompetent, that even with the 1st overall pick, they'd still mess up the draft. Each year the people calling the draft would laugh at us once it was our turn to select. I can remember the whole stadium laughing at us for taking Hoffa over Andre.Iggy. Now we have the best GM in the league. We're drafting stars with late 1st rounders (Pascal) or drafting good rotation players in the 2nd round (Norman). We're even signing good un-drafted players with FVV and now TD. What MU/Webster are doing year after year is unheard off. You may be luck to get one gem in the late 1st round/ 2nd round, but doing it each year, while even doing it with undrafted players ?? That's crazy.

I use to always wish one-day we have a good drafting front office. Now we finally have that, and all these lil we the north kids are crying about paying them ? "If FVV wants 20 million we let him walk" ?!?!?! Are you guys sick ? Do you know how hard it is to draft a good starting PG in the NBA with a 1st round pick, let alone undrafted ? You spoiled brats who in the last 6 years got to witness good long playoff basketball, with an amazing front office, and now a championship, need to start showing some appreciation for what we have and what MU/Webster have been doing. Stop complaining about paying good players. I'd rather overpay a good player like FVV, than the trash I listed up. James Johnson 15 mill, Reggie Jackson 18 mill. Yuk !!!!

The reason I'm not okay with paying FVV like 25 million a season is because I'm not completely sold as him being our future PG. He has not always been consistent, he dribbles too much and hasn't always created well for others. He's undersized and he sometimes continues to charge into the net, getting blocked many times. There are many stories that came out last year that he was pretty vocal about complaining about minutes. This was on a championship contending teams and after we gave him a pretty good extension so that is a red flag for me. Sometimes, he gets into selfish mode and you can tell he is playing for his own numbers so I can't eliminate that his recent play is due to being a contract year.

Now, obviously he has been playing well more recently and I can't deny that but I still need to base my opinion on how he has played in the past as well as this year.

Also, I have become a big fan of Davis. He is younger, he is bigger. He can shoot, play defense, create for others and rebound. I think his ceiling is higher than FVV, especially for a starting PG. If he develops on this current rate, then yes in a few years when his contract comes up, I would be more comfortable with giving him a big contract. I ask myself this, would I rather give Davis a chance and pay him almost nothing for the next couple of years or pay 25 million plus for FVV? Obviously, FVV is a lot more polished now but I don't think Davis would be a big downgrade in any category with increased minutes. We already have a similar player in Davis, so why pay so much more? I would rather take that money and spend it elsewhere on a quality shooting guard or another big.

Also, you said that you're not talking about me specifically, but don't assume everyone that is willing to let FVV go is a teenager who's spoiled after the championship. I've been watching this team since day one, as you have. Yes, I know how difficult it is to have a good quality point guard but I think we have that in Davis as well.

At the end of the day though, I do have complete confidence in Masai and Webster. If they do decide to give FVV a big extension, then I know they have done their homework. If Davis develops as I hope he does, I trust Masai can make a good trade if necessary.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#123 » by Van_Trump » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:53 am

I apologize for suggesting on the General Board a few days ago that FVV's market value will be $24 million a year in the offseason. It seems everyone has picked up on that.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,155

Post#124 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:08 am

maternal85 wrote:
AP4LIFE wrote:I think Masai will not trade him before the deadline (assuming raps are not getting equivelent value in return) to see how FVV performs in the playoffs without Kawhi attracting all the attention and leaving him open for 3's. If we get to the east finals with Freddy playing well, making big shots and go the distance, pay him whatever his market value.
We can trade Lowry in the summer of 2020 for a salary cap relief (and I'm huge fan of him)

A players market value doesn't decrease in the playoffs, it only increases. If so the sixers wouldn't have given Harris the max. Same with the bucks overpaying their players who played bad in the conference finals.

I think its called the management of assets. same with Middleton in Milwaukee.

you simply don't let one of your best players walk for nothing especially if you are capped out. even if the player is not worth the max, you probably wouldn't get a player of that calibre in free agency.

Raptors are not in that position imho about FVV as they do have the cap space and more if and if they see continued growth of FVV into a star guard. Givng FVV 25-30 means you believe he will turn into an all star calibre player - anything short of that, especially in the East, would be a mass overpayment for FVV - if he doesn't turn into that.

and considering this free agency is void of talent of any sort and Raptors don't have the ability to sign him early to an extension, Raptors would be better served already capped out and signing FVV to a max was a necessary evil to keep him, like Middleton or Harris.

I think FVV fits into that level of player. fringe all star player like Middleton and Harris. so if they got the max, then I think if the Raptors want to keep him, they will give him something similar like in the article.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#125 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:10 am

if I had to choose right now based on upside, I would go with Davis and because it likely gives us the cap space to easily sign Giannis and another star.

aka we trade Norm sometime this season or next for an expiring.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#126 » by v1n5anity » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:51 am

I'd keep him for $25M at most. He's been playing really well and holding it down while Kyle is out. He's like a Malcolm Brogdon-type of player. He's good at 3's, makes tough layups, and can make steals & smart plays (high bball IQ). You don't get alot of those types of players. Him and Pascal are our Stockton/Malone. You don't want to separate the two. Kyle's probably on his last year, and by next year, Fred can take over that spot and Davis can have FVV's current role.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#127 » by Clay Davis » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:11 am

gp2015 wrote:
maternal85 wrote:
gp2015 wrote:Not okay with paying FVV 20 million plus.

Welcome Terence Davis II, our new PG of the future!

Then when TD becomes a good player and asks for 20 million per year, you let him go and start the cycle all over again ? I'm not directing this at you specifically, but how old are people here ? "Fred isn't worth X" No, whatever a team is ready to give FVV, that's his worth. And if trash players or respectable players at best like eric gordan (15 mill), D Russell (27 million), Dragic (20 million), James Johnson (15 million), Dennis Schrodeor ( 15 million), Reggie F-ing Jackson (18 million), Eric Bledose (15 million), etc, all make 15 million or more, what do you think a guy like Fred who was an important player on a world champ team will ask for ? He's starting at 20 million per year period ! He's giving you 18 and 8, while shooting 40% from behind the arc and leading a title contending team. Even if MU doesn't want to give him 20 million per year. He will. Because in the NBA you just don't let assets walk away. The Warriors even begged Durant to do a S &T rather than him just walking away. That's how GM's think.

On another note. I've been watching this team from day 1. Literally at the skydome dodging bird crap during the game. With the exception of I.Thomas, all the GM's we had were incompetent. They were so incompetent, that even with the 1st overall pick, they'd still mess up the draft. Each year the people calling the draft would laugh at us once it was our turn to select. I can remember the whole stadium laughing at us for taking Hoffa over Andre.Iggy. Now we have the best GM in the league. We're drafting stars with late 1st rounders (Pascal) or drafting good rotation players in the 2nd round (Norman). We're even signing good un-drafted players with FVV and now TD. What MU/Webster are doing year after year is unheard off. You may be luck to get one gem in the late 1st round/ 2nd round, but doing it each year, while even doing it with undrafted players ?? That's crazy.

I use to always wish one-day we have a good drafting front office. Now we finally have that, and all these lil we the north kids are crying about paying them ? "If FVV wants 20 million we let him walk" ?!?!?! Are you guys sick ? Do you know how hard it is to draft a good starting PG in the NBA with a 1st round pick, let alone undrafted ? You spoiled brats who in the last 6 years got to witness good long playoff basketball, with an amazing front office, and now a championship, need to start showing some appreciation for what we have and what MU/Webster have been doing. Stop complaining about paying good players. I'd rather overpay a good player like FVV, than the trash I listed up. James Johnson 15 mill, Reggie Jackson 18 mill. Yuk !!!!

The reason I'm not okay with paying FVV like 25 million a season is because I'm not completely sold as him being our future PG. He has not always been consistent, he dribbles too much and hasn't always created well for others. He's undersized and he sometimes continues to charge into the net, getting blocked many times. There are many stories that came out last year that he was pretty vocal about complaining about minutes. This was on a championship contending teams and after we gave him a pretty good extension so that is a red flag for me. Sometimes, he gets into selfish mode and you can tell he is playing for his own numbers so I can't eliminate that his recent play is due to being a contract year.

Now, obviously he has been playing well more recently and I can't deny that but I still need to base my opinion on how he has played in the past as well as this year.

Also, I have become a big fan of Davis. He is younger, he is bigger. He can shoot, play defense, create for others and rebound. I think his ceiling is higher than FVV, especially for a starting PG. If he develops on this current rate, then yes in a few years when his contract comes up, I would be more comfortable with giving him a big contract. I ask myself this, would I rather give Davis a chance and pay him almost nothing for the next couple of years or pay 25 million plus for FVV? Obviously, FVV is a lot more polished now but I don't think Davis would be a big downgrade in any category with increased minutes. We already have a similar player in Davis, so why pay so much more? I would rather take that money and spend it elsewhere on a quality shooting guard or another big.

Also, you said that you're not talking about me specifically, but don't assume everyone that is willing to let FVV go is a teenager who's spoiled after the championship. I've been watching this team since day one, as you have. Yes, I know how difficult it is to have a good quality point guard but I think we have that in Davis as well.

At the end of the day though, I do have complete confidence in Masai and Webster. If they do decide to give FVV a big extension, then I know they have done their homework. If Davis develops as I hope he does, I trust Masai can make a good trade if necessary.

FVV has kind of thrived as a second guard in our starting line-up; it suits him well since he doesn't lose himself defensively and he is able to provide good spacing while having a newfound aggression for attacking open lanes. He has demonstrated that he can be the second half of an excellent back-court, in any case. In the event that Lowry doesn't stay there's no reason to assume we can't keep both FVV and TD.

I don't think there's any way to gauge the ceiling of a player who is intelligent, hard-working, and is competitive. Sure, he's undersized but he's smart enough to not let that hold him back defensively. Offensively, he's an excellent 3 point shooter. Becoming an NBA point guard is extremely difficult; it took Lowry a few years of coming off the bench, then starting but not being the primary playmaker for the majority of the game, to finally getting that role and then eventually thriving. It takes time to develop in that way. I always thought it was kind of ridiculous to knock FVV for not showing the same chops as Lowry when it's obvious why: Lowry has years upon years of more experience. Give FVV those same years to develop and play through his mistakes then see what he amounts to.

If you think Lowry in the past few years was worth his contract then FVV's developmental trajectory shouldn't leave you with any doubts, especially since he's showing more early in his career than Lowry did. FVV has literally demonstrated the ability to play consistently as a premiere pure point guard this season. I don't think you can assume this is merely because of variance. Terrence Davis is good but there's no reason to treat him as anything more than a promising back-up, and that'd be the best role for him to develop and learn what winning basketball demands of a point guard.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#128 » by gp2015 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:53 am

Clay Davis wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

FVV has kind of thrived as a second guard in our starting line-up; it suits him well since he doesn't lose himself defensively and he is able to provide good spacing while having a newfound aggression for attacking open lanes. He has demonstrated that he can be the second half of an excellent back-court, in any case. In the event that Lowry doesn't stay there's no reason to assume we can't keep both FVV and TD.

I don't think there's any way to gauge the ceiling of a player who is intelligent, hard-working, and is competitive. Sure, he's undersized but he's smart enough to not let that hold him back defensively. Offensively, he's an excellent 3 point shooter. Becoming an NBA point guard is extremely difficult; it took Lowry a few years of coming off the bench, then starting but not being the primary playmaker for the majority of the game, to finally getting that role and then eventually thriving. It takes time to develop in that way. I always thought it was kind of ridiculous to knock FVV for not showing the same chops as Lowry when it's obvious why: Lowry has years upon years of more experience. Give FVV those same years to develop and play through his mistakes then see what he amounts to.

If you think Lowry in the past few years was worth his contract then FVV's developmental trajectory shouldn't leave you with any doubts, especially since he's showing more early in his career than Lowry did. FVV has literally demonstrated the ability to play consistently as a premiere pure point guard this season. I don't think you can assume this is merely because of variance. Terrence Davis is good but there's no reason to treat him as anything more than a promising back-up, and that'd be the best role for him to develop and learn what winning basketball demands of a point guard.

What you mention about taking time to develop into a good point guard is why I'm so excited about Davis. He's only a rookie and he is already playing like a veteran. He doesn't panic and he plays with poise. I've seen my fair share of point guards come up and Davis is a lot more developed than either Lowry or FVV were at this stage. He already does so many things well, like shoot, create for others and even rebound. That's why I think he can be better than just a role player. He also has the size that I like my guards to have. That's not something FVV can ever develop (not that it's his fault) but it's just how it is. It's an advantage to have size and height at the guard position in today's NBA.

I think FVV's best role isn't as the primary playmaker, it's the secondary guard where he can play to his strengths, mainly shooting and playing defense. I don't really think Lowry will be playing a significant role going forward much longer (as much as we love him) so I'm looking at someone who replace him as our starting point guard. I'm just not convinced yet and I cannot make a conclusion based on only 10 games or so of him playing the primary point guard. I have seen him struggle at times in that role in past seasons. I would rather him lead the bench or play the secondary guard but I don't think he will accept those roles.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#129 » by Chandan » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:10 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

you simply don't let one of your best players walk for nothing especially if you are capped out. even if the player is not worth the max, you probably wouldn't get a player of that calibre in free agency.

Raptors are not in that position imho about FVV as they do have the cap space and more if and if they see continued growth of FVV into a star guard. Givng FVV 25-30 means you believe he will turn into an all star calibre player - anything short of that, especially in the East, would be a mass overpayment for FVV - if he doesn't turn into that.

and considering this free agency is void of talent of any sort and Raptors don't have the ability to sign him early to an extension, Raptors would be better served already capped out and signing FVV to a max was a necessary evil to keep him, like Middleton or Harris.

I think FVV fits into that level of player. fringe all star player like Middleton and Harris. so if they got the max, then I think if the Raptors want to keep him, they will give him something similar like in the article.

but Bucks did let malcom brogdon go and it seems like their team hasn't skipped a beat, and it saved them like 20+ million. From a financial point of view, if the Bucks win the ship this year (they are currently favorites) then you wouldn't say they have made a mistake on their part. So I think it's not really a set in stone rule. You really have to evaluation player on a individual bases and not every player might be "worth" going into the red for, else it ends up hampering your options down the road.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#130 » by Kingsway_fan » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:57 pm

Massai not gonna let top asset just walk...
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#131 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:09 pm

Chandan wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

but Bucks did let malcom brogdon go and it seems like their team hasn't skipped a beat, and it saved them like 20+ million. From a financial point of view, if the Bucks win the ship this year (they are currently favorites) then you wouldn't say they have made a mistake on their part. So I think it's not really a set in stone rule. You really have to evaluation player on a individual bases and not every player might be "worth" going into the red for, else it ends up hampering your options down the road.

Seriously, you're using the Bucks' unwillingness to go into the tax while trying to field a championship team as an example of good management? They overpaid Middleton and Bledsoe, and couldn't afford to pay Malcolm soon-to-be-all-star and perpetual thorn in our side Brogdon. And alienated their superstar in the process. That's good management?

Bucks aren't going to win the championship. They're not going to get out of the East. Giannis is not going to sign a supermax extension. But hey, maybe Horst will win EOY again for their regular season success. Why don't the Knicks poach him?
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#132 » by daswunderboy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:32 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
daswunderboy wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
I don't know why people keep saying this with no proof. :D

Seriously though reasons why people think we can get Giannis:

1) Many people are of the belief that Masai helping Giannis get to the NBA is a huge factor.
2) We just won the chip
3) We're a much more international city that Mil
4) We're one of the top franchises in the NBA for several years

People don't "think" we can get Giannis, they are acting like it's fait acompli already, and all moves must be made with the assumption that he is coming here.

Ask the Knicks how well that worked out this summer.

You sound like you're going through a tough time right now. I hope things get better for you.

Lol, "you don't believe a guy will come here in 2 years and think it's silly to obsess over it now...uh...that means you are struggling in life...check mate!"

Try harder if you want to insult me.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,524

Post#133 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:41 pm

If Masai chooses to trade FVV this year because he doesn't want to pay him $25m+ then it'll hurt us in the short run to possibly help us in the long run. Fred is only making $9M this year which limits the calibre of player we can get in return. Also, a contender wont give up much to get him and none of the top contenders really need a PG. Best case scenario for a trade would be a non-playoff team trading a 1st for FVV so that they dont have to engage in a bidding war in the summer.

My guess is we will resign him to a 4 yr deal around $100M.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,346

Post#134 » by MadDogSHWA » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:52 pm

daswunderboy wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
daswunderboy wrote:
People don't "think" we can get Giannis, they are acting like it's fait acompli already, and all moves must be made with the assumption that he is coming here.

Ask the Knicks how well that worked out this summer.

You sound like you're going through a tough time right now. I hope things get better for you.

Lol, "you don't believe a guy will come here in 2 years and think it's silly to obsess over it now...uh...that means you are struggling in life...check mate!"

Try harder if you want to insult me.

*Hugs*
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#135 » by SHFT » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:10 pm

Lol peoples beef with FVV are so out there.

He dribbles too much? Like wtf lol he is the point guard and the ball is flying 80% of the time. Sometimes we have to RESET and then let the play actually get going. Obv FVV is the main candidate to have the ball in his hands when that happens. Do people know we actually run sets?

He isnt a good passer? I had this thought last year but he has been superb running the show this year. He isnt getting assists like Iverson or Westbrook. They are in the natural flow of our offence.

He is getting his mid range going, he is obviously still learning how to run point for an NBA contender and even in a learning phase, he is crushing it.

Its like people hear or read one thing and it cements in their head regardless of his actual play on the actual floor.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#136 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:45 pm

Chandan wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

wouldn't they be paying the bigger tax if they kept Brogdon?
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#137 » by Young_Buc » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:05 pm

I think Fred has increased his value to the point where you can deal him for a better haul. (Bradley Beal would have been a perfect trading partner here)

Shipping him, Norm, Stanley to the Wolves for Wiggins, their PG (the guy from Duke) and 2 first round picks would be a great deal. Or if you can somehow get Barrett for him (stranger things have happened)
gp2015
RealGM

Post#138 » by gp2015 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:42 pm

SHFT wrote:Lol peoples beef with FVV are so out there.

He dribbles too much? Like wtf lol he is the point guard and the ball is flying 80% of the time. Sometimes we have to RESET and then let the play actually get going. Obv FVV is the main candidate to have the ball in his hands when that happens. Do people know we actually run sets?

He isnt a good passer? I had this thought last year but he has been superb running the show this year. He isnt getting assists like Iverson or Westbrook. They are in the natural flow of our offence.

He is getting his mid range going, he is obviously still learning how to run point for an NBA contender and even in a learning phase, he is crushing it.

Its like people hear or read one thing and it cements in their head regardless of his actual play on the actual floor.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app

Well unlike some people who have completely changed their minds about him after about 10 good games, I base my opinion of him on this year as well as his previous 3 seasons and not just what he has done recently. In past years, he has struggled to be a consistent shooter (hot and cold) and be a good play maker. Most people who have watched Raptors games would agree with that. I would still say he is below average in creating opportunities for others. Like I said, he has a habit of over dribbling and wasting most of the clock and at times he looks for his own shot too much. This has improved somewhat this season but it has been a tendency of his.

Yes, he has been playing well this season but it's 20 games and only 12 games or so as starting point guard. Plus, this is a contract year and he's obviously looking for a big pay day so improving his play is not uncommon. It's not like we haven't seen this before from other players in contract years so you have to be weary.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,003

Post#139 » by kalel123 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:54 pm

FA pool in 2020 is pathetic and there are still quite a few teams with cap room so I can see how some desperate teams might throw money at Van Vleet.

But gotta be careful here. You don't want to be locked into a wrong guy and might just have to be content to sell high in a trade. This is why drafting and developing correctly is very important cause you can groom a guy that could mitigate the loss and totally replace the loss eventually. Unfortunately, we lost a few picks along the way to championship but that's besides the point and really, who's complaining?

The point is, I don't know if Van Vleet is the guy I would want my team investing that much money if they want to be a legit contender. I know there are some crazy money being thrown around at some of these players but that doesn't mean you have to join the fray. Raptors gotta do the assessment of how much money they would have to throw at Van Vleet in the off-season and decide if he's worth that much. If not, trade him.
ThemCrookedRefs
Head Coach
And1: 11,190

Post#140 » by ThemCrookedRefs » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:00 pm

We're not trading Fred. He's our PG of the future. I can see him getting something similar to what Brogdon got ($85mil/4yr = $21.25mil/yr), probably a little bit more. He's shown that he can be an impact starter/player on a championship/contending team. Last year I wouldn't have given him that much, but he's worth it now.

I think that there are only a few teams this offseason that can pay him big money (according to the Hoop Collective): Charlotte, Cleveland, Memphis, and Atlanta. I'm not sure any of those teams would be that interested in signing a PG. Charlotte just signed Rozier, Atlanta has Trae, Cleveland has Garland and Sexton, and Memphis has Ja.

Return to Toronto Raptors