ImageImageImageImageImage

Patrick McCaw is not a NBA caliber player

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,896

Re: Patrick McCaw is not a NBA caliber player 

Post#21 » by Agimat » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:33 pm

I don't see the McCaw that I saw. He's too passive!
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#22 » by Raptors Realtor » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:35 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:We're gonna have losers here argue Mccaw is playing due to injuries even though he was getting minutes when we were healthy. My guess is Nurse likes his defense but the problem with that is almost all our guys can defend. The difference is other than Malcolm Miller, Mccaw is the worst offensive player on the team

maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#23 » by maternal85 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Mehar wrote:Cannot believe Masai gave him a two year deal at 4 M per year. He should never start another game again. Staple his butt on the bench and give minutes to other guys.

His agent is the real MVP. Not only shouldn't he be in the league, he'll be making 4 million per year for two years. Unreal
maternal85
Starter

Post#24 » by maternal85 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:53 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:We're gonna have losers here argue Mccaw is playing due to injuries even though he was getting minutes when we were healthy. My guess is Nurse likes his defense but the problem with that is almost all our guys can defend. The difference is other than Malcolm Miller, Mccaw is the worst offensive player on the team

Your contradiction is confusing. Does he deserve playing time or not ? If no wtf are you talking about?
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#25 » by xAIRNESSx » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:35 pm

These threads are too funny
spicy4MVP
Sixth Man
And1: 1,963

Post#26 » by spicy4MVP » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:41 pm

Anyone that thinks McCaw doesnt deserve 4 million knows absolutely nothing about nba. He plays exactly how 4 million player should play. Name me 1 nba player thats not on a rookie contract who's making 4 million and contributes more than McCaw. You cant expect a 4mil player to play like norman Powell who's 10 million. The problem is not him, it's the injuries
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,927

Post#27 » by JN » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Nick Nurse will make the proper adjustment in due time. He earned the benefit of the doubt.

I believe he likes to take more then a few games to move off an initial idea -- sort of one of his main traits. Which is fine and preferable at this time of the regular season. Last thing I want is a coach throwing different new crap every 3 or 4 games. But at some point he has to move on from McCaw, and I expect he will.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,342

Post#28 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:06 pm

spicy4MVP wrote:Anyone that thinks McCaw doesnt deserve 4 million knows absolutely nothing about nba. He plays exactly how 4 million player should play. Name me 1 nba player thats not on a rookie contract who's making 4 million and contributes more than McCaw. You cant expect a 4mil player to play like norman Powell who's 10 million. The problem is not him, it's the injuries

He plays like a guy who doesn’t deserve to be in the NBA and has for four years
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#29 » by And1Skip » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Was at the game and specifically watching how the Celts defend McCaw. They don’t. They assign Kemba on him but he’s nowhere near him and he doesn’t even move his head to see where he went he just doesn’t care bc MCCaw is not a threat whatsoever. Really tough to have any spacing on offence when he’s on the floor
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#30 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:18 pm

He’s not nba level talent but has 3 rings lol
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,342

Post#31 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:39 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:He’s not nba level talent but has 3 rings lol

Eric Moreland has a ring too. If he was fortunate enough to be a Warriors bench warmer instead of a Kings/Pistons bench warmer for two years prior to that, he'd have three rings as well.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#32 » by rrdjutriurt » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:40 pm

McCaw with, by far a team worst -22 today in the plus minus department. Third really bad game in a row for him. Provides no offence or even rebounding yet we're playing him with the two small guard lineup of Freddie and Kyle on the floor at the same time. Feels like we were in the penalty box every minute Patrick was out there today, playing 5 on 4. Yet he played the team's third highest minutes at 32 today.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
maternal85
Starter

Post#33 » by maternal85 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:02 pm

spicy4MVP wrote:Anyone that thinks McCaw doesnt deserve 4 million knows absolutely nothing about nba. He plays exactly how 4 million player should play. Name me 1 nba player thats not on a rookie contract who's making 4 million and contributes more than McCaw. You cant expect a 4mil player to play like norman Powell who's 10 million. The problem is not him, it's the injuries

Patrick Patterson, Austin rivers, Mello Anthony, Gerald Green, Sefalosa, Morris brother with Detroit, Kyle kovar, Isiah Thomas, Vince Carter, etc. Get outta with your BS justification. This list even made me realize this clown doesn't only suck, he's overpaid. Each of those players make less than him.
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,431

Post#34 » by OfficialRef » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:04 pm

i watched nearly every game of the 17-18 warriors. Mccaw has always sucked, extremely weak finisher, bad defender etc.

He got severely overrated because of his summer league/preseason stint on the warriors and being the only prospect on that team.

I've always said he sucked.
maternal85
Starter

Post#35 » by maternal85 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:06 pm

antonaki1 wrote:McCaw with, by far a team worst -22 today in the plus minus department. Third really bad game in a row for him. Provides no offence or even rebounding yet we're playing him with the two small guard lineup of Freddie and Kyle on the floor at the same time. Feels like we were in the penalty box every minute Patrick was out there today, playing 5 on 4. Yet he played the team's third highest minutes at 32 today.

Please dont use a hockey analogy when it comes to NBA basketball. Just rubs me the wrong way.
Alpha Mentality
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,102

Post#36 » by Alpha Mentality » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:09 pm

The complaining never stops.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,060

Post#37 » by ItsDanger » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:50 am

-22, 2 pts. His offensive shortcomings outweigh the intangibles. Give SJ a shot at starting 3. Could get ugly in Boston.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#38 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:02 am

I was at the game. Mccaw sucks on tv as he sucks in real life.

Dude literally brings nothing but solid defense from the eye test. That shouldn’t warrant the minutes he’s getting. The entire starting 5 gets rotated out and McCaw is still playing
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,813

Post#39 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:08 am

I realized today is without Gasol we have pretty much stopped swinging the ball around the perimeter and corner threes seem to be at a premium unless it's a hammer play. That's not just McCaw, it's everyone in the corners.

Can't really remember seeing very many extra passes today either. Just a bad game all around.
spicy4MVP
Sixth Man
And1: 1,963

Post#40 » by spicy4MVP » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:47 am

maternal85 wrote:

Patrick Patterson, Austin rivers, Mello Anthony, Gerald Green, Sefalosa, Morris brother with Detroit, Kyle kovar, Isiah Thomas, Vince Carter, etc. Get outta with your BS justification. This list even made me realize this clown doesn't only suck, he's overpaid. Each of those players make less than him.

Patrick Mccaw just had 1 bad game tonight and you make it sound like he's the next lorenzo brown. How many times do players have bad games. What about Embiid scoring 0 in 35 minutes, so is he the most overrated contract in history? His career shooting is 42% which isnt that bad for a guy his size so I just think he doesnt have the green light to shoot the ball from the coach. He was assigned a different role from scoring by the coach. Look at draymond green, he always plays 30 minutes a night and only averages 9 PPG and also 42% shooter. Mccaw is our bench version of 4 million dollar mini Draymond green.

NN when asked why hes giving MCcaw so many minutes, commented
“I just liked Pat’s energy on defence,” said Raptors coach Nick Nurse.

you can read an article about Mccaw's impact in the game beyond the scoresheet.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/patrick-mccaws-impact-raptors-extends-beyond-scoresheet/
“Really like Pat as a player, he’s just such a high-level IQ guy,” Nurse said of McCaw earlier this season. “He’s always making the right play on defence, he brings a little bit of juice on offence because of his cutting and his passing on offence. And he’s really got great feet… Again, I think the IQ level for him is super high.”

You can call Mccaw garbage, but dont say he's not worth 4 million dollars. Hes easily the 8-9th guy. Claiming that his game is below patrick patterson gerald green or current kyle korver and current carter is very insulting. those guys have the same fg% as mccaw or worse (carter's 35 %fg).
Sefolosha? seriously? hes literally the lorenzo brown of nba. 33% FG this season.. Other than Markief Morris and Isaiah Thomas there is no one else. And Morris and Isaiah are severely underpaid and you know it. They are both paid like 9th-10th guys but far higher in importance to their respective teams than that.

Return to Toronto Raptors