ImageImageImageImageImage

Patrick McCaw is not a NBA caliber player

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duckrice
Junior
And1: 872

Re: Patrick McCaw is not a NBA caliber player 

Post#81 » by Duckrice » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:23 am

Nurse proving he's smarter than anyone here.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,350

Post#82 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:24 am

d00lttle wrote:Champion gon’ champ

Now sell high.

I assume that's been the point of all this anyway.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#83 » by Scott Hall » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:24 am

Thanks for waking him up
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#84 » by Scott Hall » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:26 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:Nurse wants to develop Mccaw into his own Raja Bell or Thabo Sefolosha type utility defensive wing that can guard multiple positions and make good decisions offensively. This would allow other guys on our team to give more effort offensively.

Problem with this is Raptors are playing more zone than any team I can remember in the last 5 years or so and all our players instinctively defend, and they do this just as well as Mccaw. So Mccaws "good defense" isnt really better than any other players and hes a huge liability offensively.

Another issue would be that quite honestly we already have a utility defender in Anunoby that can guard any position and does on a nightly basis. So now your trying to start Anunoby and Mccaw to both play that same role. Whats the point of this? Is it to give Anunoby less of a hard time on defense so he can score more? Mccaws minutes seem to be directly affecting Anunoby's development as the two do not play well together.

I always looked at him as a cheap Delon Wright replacement
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#85 » by _MidNight_ » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:27 am

I'm gonna need more than one game to change my opinion but it's a damn good start if he can thrive as a lead guard.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#86 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:27 am

d00lttle wrote:Champion gon’ champ

4 peat McCaw
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#87 » by J-Roc » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:28 am

Daily reminder fans have no clue.

Sent from my SM-N960F using RealGM mobile app
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#88 » by Badonkadonk » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:31 am

Imagine a realgm crowd-sourced run team.

Worse than the Knicks.
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#89 » by Lukeem » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:37 am

Badonkadonk wrote:Imagine a realgm crowd-sourced run team.

Worse than the Knicks.

If it was run by whatever comments were most prevalent in a short window then it would be much worse than knicks. If it averaged out comments over a couple months very little would probably happen because both extremes would take turns.

By vote I think I might not be as bad as knicks as there are a lot who don’t pollute the forum with their whims every time the wind blows
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,143

Post#90 » by duppyy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:41 am

One good game and people bumping up this thread like McCaw will play like this every game. He'll go back to his usual scrub self next game.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,825

Post#91 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:43 am

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2019/12/27/the-raptors-send-out-mccaw-for-help-in-time-of-need.html

“You don’t have to shoot the ball, but there’s ways to get guys shots and ways to be aggressive,” VanVleet said. “Patrick’s very, very talented, and I think sometimes he’s just a little too passive. Hopefully getting the ball in his hands, getting him more rhythm and getting him more reps, letting him feel the game out, he can get a feel for the game. It’s not easy being in the position he’s in.”

For Nick Nurse, it’s a matter of making it easier for McCaw to be more involved more often. It’s not that the coach wants the six-foot-seven wing to start firing up shots at every possible moment, but he does want McCaw to be more consistently involved.

Nuse running sets for McCaw tonight against the Celtics , getting him shots and letting him play on ball a little, well... I think you can see he's an NBA player. If you just need to keep this going though, maybe you can't see.

That really is the difference tonight, and it helped the ball movement.
raptoradical
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#92 » by raptoradical » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:45 am

J-Roc wrote:Daily reminder fans have no clue.

Sent from my SM-N960F using RealGM mobile app

Facts lol
Inevitable wrote:Magic Johnson meets Kawhi meets Giannis.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#93 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:48 am

This is what Mccaw looked like in college. He was very aggressive two way player. We need more of this from Pat.
Starr1
General Manager
And1: 6,015

Post#94 » by Starr1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:50 am

Personally wanna apologize to Mccaw's fans for saying he's a chinese league bound player after the xmas game. I sincerely thought he was finished.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#95 » by alienchild » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:52 am

Johnny Bball wrote:https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2019/12/27/the-raptors-send-out-mccaw-for-help-in-time-of-need.html

“You don’t have to shoot the ball, but there’s ways to get guys shots and ways to be aggressive,” VanVleet said. “Patrick’s very, very talented, and I think sometimes he’s just a little too passive. Hopefully getting the ball in his hands, getting him more rhythm and getting him more reps, letting him feel the game out, he can get a feel for the game. It’s not easy being in the position he’s in.”

For Nick Nurse, it’s a matter of making it easier for McCaw to be more involved more often. It’s not that the coach wants the six-foot-seven wing to start firing up shots at every possible moment, but he does want McCaw to be more consistently involved.

Nuse running sets for McCaw tonight against the Celtics , getting him shots and letting him play on ball a little, well... I think you can see he's an NBA player. If you just need to keep this going though, maybe you can't see.

That really is the difference tonight, and it helped the ball movement.

Putting the ball in McCaw's hands, got Lowry and VanVleet off the ball and messed up the Celtics game plan about how to cover both of them. Then he rotated the 3 of them at the point of attack to disrupt their defensive rhythm.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Alpha Mentality
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,102

Post#96 » by Alpha Mentality » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:54 am

Nice thread man.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,574

Post#97 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:00 am

If we gave this much pt consistently to Bruno he'd be starting for us right now

In Raptor Ball I Trust
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,006

Post#98 » by mieshpal » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:07 am

McCaw isnt a scorer so he sucks. Realgm logic.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#99 » by alienchild » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:12 am

mieshpal wrote:McCaw isnt a scorer so he sucks. Realgm logic.

FTFY
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,580

Post#100 » by mdenny » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:12 am

duppyy wrote:One good game and people bumping up this thread like McCaw will play like this every game. He'll go back to his usual scrub self next game.

It's not that he had a 'good game'. It's that we know why nurse was giving him so much burn. Playing both kyle and freddy off the ball gives us a whole new distinct offensive look. Especially one that can be employed given injuries to norm and siakam.

If mcCaw doesnt get that burn....he can't feel comfortable enough to bring the ball up the floor. There was a plan that none of us foresaw. In this offense....mccaw doesn't have to have a 'good night' because he'll be regulated to distributing which is not a streaky skill set.

Y'know maybe basketball is more complicated than shooting percentages?

Playing both fred and Kyle off the ball sets us up with two great catch and shoot threats who also both happen to be great secondary playmakers after a first pass is made. If and when they decide to employ this new option....mccaw can have aa effective game even while scoring less than 5 points. No more '4 on 5' because he's the distributor.

Also...TD is clearly going thru some rookie wall stuff. He's looking more and more frustrated every game and Kyle was calling him out in between plays alot tonight. He's not ready to fulfill the role we've now found for Patrick.

Look for Kyle and fred's shot attempts and points per game to shoot through the roof the next couple of games.

Return to Toronto Raptors