ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam for Towns

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,178

Re: Siakam for Towns 

Post#61 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Clutch0z24 wrote:Siakam already showed in the biggest moments in the playoffs he is able to put up big time numbers and help a team win a championship....Towns has not even made the playoffs

give him some actual good NBA players like Lowry or Kawhi and I'm sure he'll be looked at in a different light.

enough with the "he's not a winner" or the misconception he's a liability on defense. he's not any of those things. give him Lowry and a good coach and maybe Kawhi and he'd be be the "superstar" that everyone would want to see. if you all watched him, he's a very talented NBA player surrounded by piss poor overrated talent and somewhat questionable, definitely non-elite, coaching.

big men don't change the league as much as guards do (and coaching). AD, Embiid, Towns don't have the ball in the their hands making plays. . I'm sure if Jokic had piss poor guard play, Nuggets wouldn't be where they are at. if Siakam didn't have Lowry or Nurse, he'd be a chucker with no defense as well - he's already shown it more often than not this season as the defacto lead player but good thing the Raptors have good leaders, players and coaching to keep him from going to mid-2010 Derozan on us and keep him level headed too.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,436

Post#62 » by Morse Code » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm

I’d do it
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#63 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Towns is a better overall player - i get that Siakam is a home grown player but come on guys. the eye test, stats test say that.

Siakam is probably the better player in the open floor but overall Towns is a vastly superior offensive player. I wouldn't give kudos to Siakam's defense over Towns, after what I've witnessed this year. Siakam's defense is not a sure thing anymore
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,669

Post#64 » by johanliebert » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:33 pm

id assume the wolves would want more than siakim
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#65 » by GordanFreeman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:36 pm

If Towns wants to stick around, you make this trade 10/10 times.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#66 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:That trade is lateral at best (upgrade on offence, downgrade on defence).

I'd argue Siakam provides more value overall.

Lets keep it real, Siakam's defense has been below average this season.
Yeezy SZN approaching
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#67 » by BillyGM » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:10 pm

No, lol
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
protothe
Bench Warmer
And1: 925

Post#68 » by protothe » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:40 pm

I assume whoever said "No" has not watched many Timberwolves games.

I love Siakam...but Towns is a different level.
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 466

Post#69 » by Smalltown » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Honestly, Siakam and Towns are the kind of guys you want running beside each other. Not traded for each other. Pipe dream would be VanVleet, Ibaka or Gasol, another young player and picks for Towns.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#70 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Smalltown wrote:Honestly, Siakam and Towns are the kind of guys you want running beside each other. Not traded for each other. Pipe dream would be VanVleet, Ibaka or Gasol, another young player and picks for Towns.

it seems like want a PG next to towns. not trade Towns for a PG lmao.
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 466

Post#71 » by Smalltown » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:18 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:it seems like want a PG next to towns. not trade Towns for a PG lmao.

I realize this. That's why i said "pipe dream" I don't think they're planning on moving Towns at all.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#72 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:23 pm

Smalltown wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:it seems like want a PG next to towns. not trade Towns for a PG lmao.

I realize this. That's why i said "pipe dream" I don't think they're planning on moving Towns at all.

i know

too bad for us lol
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,068

Post#73 » by ontnut » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Adopt_Me_Masai wrote:
ontnut wrote:Not with the way the rest of the team is built. We'd have to make a few auxilary moves to accomodate KAT on this roster. Also, bigs don't win you championships in this era. Wings do.

Is that Irene in your icon?

Sure is. The Queen Bae herself.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,068

Post#74 » by ontnut » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:27 pm

KrazyP wrote:If the plan is Giannis........Towns is a better fit than Siakam.

If we signed Giannis, I think the team would still give Siakam/Giannis a look to see how it plays out fo a season. I highly doubt they'd be motivated to trade Siakam away without giving it a shot. It could be a dominant duo.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,682

Post#75 » by dTox » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:29 pm

If you ask this questions on the general forum, I'd bet Towns wins this vote by a landslide.
TBZ for the win
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#76 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:41 pm

dTox wrote:If you ask this questions on the general forum, I'd bet Towns wins this vote by a landslide.

should put it on this forum and I'm thinking it could range from 50-50 to 60-40 in favour for Siakam. could be pretty close.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#77 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Towns is really good but he’s not enough of an upgrade from Pascal to be worth trading for him and upsetting a lot of people.

Pascals archtype is also more valuable than Towns
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#78 » by The_Hater » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 pm

KrazyP wrote:If the plan is Giannis........Towns is a better fit than Siakam.

Not necessarily. I still see Giannis as an unguardable, ballhandling Center who plays too many minutes at PF. He’s certainly big and strong enough to play Center full time.

Anyways. As for this proposed trade? Minnesota hangs up the phone immediately while Masai would at least think about it.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
5playersnot1
Junior
And1: 352

Post#79 » by 5playersnot1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Gross...
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,022

Post#80 » by Clutch0z24 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:56 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:Siakam already showed in the biggest moments in the playoffs he is able to put up big time numbers and help a team win a championship....Towns has not even made the playoffs

give him some actual good NBA players like Lowry or Kawhi and I'm sure he'll be looked at in a different light.

enough with the "he's not a winner" or the misconception he's a liability on defense. he's not any of those things. give him Lowry and a good coach and maybe Kawhi and he'd be be the "superstar" that everyone would want to see. if you all watched him, he's a very talented NBA player surrounded by piss poor overrated talent and somewhat questionable, definitely non-elite, coaching.

big men don't change the league as much as guards do (and coaching). AD, Embiid, Towns don't have the ball in the their hands making plays. . I'm sure if Jokic had piss poor guard play, Nuggets wouldn't be where they are at. if Siakam didn't have Lowry or Nurse, he'd be a chucker with no defense as well - he's already shown it more often than not this season as the defacto lead player but good thing the Raptors have good leaders, players and coaching to keep him from going to mid-2010 Derozan on us and keep him level headed too.

Since you compared Siakam to DeRozan ik you are just trolling....Siakam is an elite Defender, Rim Runner, Post Finisher, And a decent play maker/Scorer.....DD was just an elite scorer and nothing else and shut down in the playoffs when we needed him most....Siakam showed up in the playoffs when we needed him most and had HUGE games for us when we needed him....

Towns might also be a choker in the playoffs (We never seen him there before) when you are the main focus of a defense in the playoffs who knows how these players perform in that situation....Siakam was the 2nd option on the Raptors team last year and had guys like Draymond Green gaurding him (Elite defender) and still went off for HUGE games and even hit a clutch floater over the GSW to win us a Championship ffs....Towns Maybe a good regular season player but you can never know how they perform when the lights are the brightest....Some guys have it some guys dont and Siakam HAS the ability to step up when it matters and we seen that last year

Return to Toronto Raptors