ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Raps in The Market Looking to Add Talent

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,870

Woj: Raps in The Market Looking to Add Talent 

Post#1 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:42 am

UPDATE: 20/01/19 - Marc Spears said that Woj and Masai are ''pretty close...so where there's smoke, there's fire''. I guess this further validates the remarks made by Woj.

Read on Twitter

Toronto is a team that is out there in the marketplace trying to add talent, trying to improve to the core that went to the NBA finals and won a championship last year with Kawhi Leonard

This settles it... we'll be buyers heading into the deadline. Which shouldn't come as a surprise since we've been one of the best teams in the league this year even though we've had to deal with a sh*t TON of injuries.
We're a piece away from being one of the favorites to win it all & repeat as champs. And that is exactly what Masai will try to acquire.

I think these are the assets Masai will be most willing to move for the right deal:
Norm - Sell high. Having the best season of his career
FVV - Underrated PG that plays both sides of the ball and continues to improve. He could benefit a team like the Nuggets who recently lost Jamal Murray to a major injury
Ibaka - Quietly having one of the best seasons of his career. Expiring contract that can be very beneficial to a contender
Terence Davis - A-level prospect.
Future First Round Picks (We have most of our future picks that I'm sure the FO would be willing to move for the right deal)
RHJ - A great energy guy/role player. Still young, on a very cheap contract.
Boucher - B-level prospect. G-league MVP & DPOY. has had some big games this season
McCaw - A-level bum. Has shown flashes of being a solid role player
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
steamed hams
General Manager
And1: 19,431

Re: Woj: Raps in The Market Looking to Add Talent 

Post#2 » by steamed hams » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:44 am

Too bad Beal can't be traded
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 889

Post#3 » by bonjovi0308 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:45 am

But the piece that we need to add is Leonard
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#4 » by Boogie! » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:45 am

Ibaka plus mccaw for Drummond.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
themailman
Junior
And1: 223

Post#5 » by themailman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:46 am

who do guys think is on table?

ibaka
powell

??
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#6 » by RonaldArtest » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:47 am

steamed hams wrote:Too bad Beal can't be traded

That clown can stay in Washington.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#7 » by mtcan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:50 am

Trade all the draft picks...we sure as hell can do better without them
bturn2210
Sophomore
And1: 211

Post#8 » by bturn2210 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:56 am

I'm curious. Who is an impactful and realistic target Masai could be looking at acquiring right now? It really is too bad Beal can't be dealt lol he'd be perfect.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#9 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:57 am

Boogie! wrote:Ibaka plus mccaw for Drummond.

Drummond? :lol:

We're not giving up floor spacing for the likes of Drummond. What has he ever won? Have 2 C's (3 including Boucher) who can stretch out to te 3-point line has been our ace in the hole for a season and a half.

TT would be nice. But why would the Cavs want Serge? In any case, Serge has enough value in his own right, I don't think Masai would attach the 2020 FRP to him just to bring back another expiring contract that he can't re-sign because it would conflict with the 2021 project.

I think Fred is the big piece going out. Injury prone guy going to be a FA and wanting the bag. But we'd need a heck of a guard coming back. If we were "allowed" to trade with EC competitiors, Fred for Josh Richardson would be nice roster balancing move for both teams.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,924

Post#10 » by JN » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:59 am

Right now Masai has to (and I am sure he is) evaluate how real summer of 2021 is. Because the window for this team may well be this year and next, and we need to commit to it. So keep the majority of this team and add a piece. If that means compromising that 2021 cap room so be it.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,508

Post#11 » by SFour » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:03 am

I'm all for making some big trades, preferably centered around Ibaka due to his contract (expiring $23m, it's perfect).....need to make full use of Lowry & Gasol for this season and the next season because their windows are closing.

Pelicans, Thunder, Kings, Wizards, Pistons....those are the only team I can see Raptors trading with.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#12 » by Boogie! » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:03 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:Ibaka plus mccaw for Drummond.

Drummond? :lol:

We're not giving up floor spacing for the likes of Drummond. What has he ever won? Have 2 C's (3 including Boucher) who can stretch out to te 3-point line has been our ace in the hole for a season and a half.

TT would be nice. But why would the Cavs want Serge? In any case, Serge has enough value in his own right, I don't think Masai would attach the 2020 FRP to him just to bring back another expiring contract that he can't re-sign because it would conflict with the 2021 project.

I think Fred is the big piece going out. Injury prone guy going to be a FA and wanting the bag. But we'd need a heck of a guard coming back. If we were "allowed" to trade with EC competitiors, Fred for Josh Richardson would be nice roster balancing move for both teams.

Idk how you're gonna complain about floor spacing and then suggest tt.

We have enough shooting as it is. Drummond has just been put in the wrong situation to succeed. Put him in a system like Toronto where all he has to do is dunk, block shots and rebound and watch how good he looks.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Clementine64
Starter
And1: 2,523

Post#13 » by Clementine64 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:03 am

Covington, Drummond, Bogdanovic all make sense. I think we get one of them using picks and expirings

Sent from my SM-G970W using RealGM mobile app
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#14 » by RonaldArtest » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 am

Get Bogdanovic from the Kings for McCaw, Stanley and a SRP.
simple_jack
General Manager
And1: 17,593

Post#15 » by simple_jack » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 am

bturn2210 wrote:I'm curious. Who is an impactful and realistic target Masai could be looking at acquiring right now? It really is too bad Beal can't be dealt lol he'd be perfect.

CP3, Towns, Zach Lavine, TT, Love, Drummond
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#16 » by Asif16 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 am

Clementine64 wrote:Covington, Drummond, Bogdanovic all make sense. I think we get one of them using picks and expirings

Sent from my SM-G970W using RealGM mobile app

Any trade for Drummond would have to include Ibaka and I'd rather keep Ibaka tbh

Any trade for Bogdonavich would have to include Powell....and with the Way Powell is playing right now...might keep him and not ruin team chemistry.

I think I would only entetain trading guys like Ibaka/Powell...if a Bradley Beal caliber of a player became available (yes I know beal cant be traded this season)
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#17 » by MessiahUjiri » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 am

Masai won’t make a move for the sake of making a move. A trade has to move the needle. I agree that we’re looking more like buyers. If I had to guess, one of Fred/Lowry/Ibaka/Gasol will be shopped, possibly with a first rounder.

Teams / players I could see partners with. Some of them are dark horses:

- Bulls (Lavine)
- Portland Trailblazers (Shooting guards)
- Miami (Shooting guards)
- Spurs (Demar is possible, or Aldridge)
- Hornets (Batum + Monk)

I honestly think Beal being untradable (due to extension) hurts this years trade market.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Asif16
RealGM

Post#18 » by Asif16 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 am

simple_jack wrote:
bturn2210 wrote:I'm curious. Who is an impactful and realistic target Masai could be looking at acquiring right now? It really is too bad Beal can't be dealt lol he'd be perfect.

CP3, Towns, Zach Lavine, TT, Love, Drummond

Uhhhhhhh...
Asif16
RealGM

Post#19 » by Asif16 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:08 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:Masai won’t make a move for the sake of making a move. A trade has to move the needle. I agree that we’re looking more like buyers. If I had to guess, one of Fred/Lowry/Ibaka/Gasol will be shopped, possibly with a first rounder.

Teams / players I could see partners with. Some of them are dark horses:

- Bulls (Lavine)
- Portland Trailblazers (Shooting guards)
- Miami (Shooting guards)
- Spurs (Demar is possible, or Aldridge)

I honestly think Beal being untradable (due to extension) hurts this years trade market.

There's just no way in hell. Not with the way we're playing and our record this season.

Lowry
OG
Powell
Siakam
FVV
Ibaka
Gasol

Are all safe imo
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#20 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:10 am

I’ll never doubt this man again. Woj is god
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.

Return to Toronto Raptors