ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Raps in The Market Looking to Add Talent

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Re: Woj: Raps in The Market Looking to Add Talent 

Post#381 » by traps#10 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:59 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:lol

Read on Twitter

This guy has no sources lol, stupid Toronto media buying this info.

He is an LA writer who covered the Clippers before lol. I am sure Balmer is itching to get some of Kawhi’s old teammates lol.

He probably doesn’t even know our win/loss record and our standings either
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,080

Post#382 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Still think we should be looking at Gordon Hayward from the Celtics.

He can shoot, handle the ball, plays on the wing, about to turn 30 and only has one more year left on his deal after the current one. Not only does he address all our needs at the moment but would make us a better team for the playoff run AND be a valuable expiring next offseason that we can offer for a star who isn't going to re-sign with his current club.

I'd so Ibaka and S.Johnson or McCaw for him.

It's just rare for competitive teams within the same division to trade with each other even though this can be a win win. I'd do that trade.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,829

Post#383 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Still think we should be looking at Gordon Hayward from the Celtics.

He can shoot, handle the ball, plays on the wing, about to turn 30 and only has one more year left on his deal after the current one. Not only does he address all our needs at the moment but would make us a better team for the playoff run AND be a valuable expiring next offseason that we can offer for a star who isn't going to re-sign with his current club.

Celtics and Raptors are not going to deal with each other. Imagine meeting in the playoffs and Ibaka goes off and helps the celtics win the series. Or vice versa. Optics on that **** isn't worth the risk.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Post#384 » by mtcan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:

It's just rare for competitive teams within the same division to trade with each other even though this can be a win win. I'd do that trade.

Ya I'd rather trade with a team out west or a bottom feeder in the East.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Buyers and Sellers at the deadline 

Post#385 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:20 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-trade-deadline-eastern-conference-buyers-and-sellers-162427669.html

Once again some media has no idea about the Raptors and doesn't follow them, at least that's my opinion of their take. I think we add a least one bench piece.

Toronto Raptors: Neither. Last year we wrote: “You can never count out team president Masai Ujiri when it comes to making an unforeseen trade, but it’s probably going to be a quiet deadline for the Raptors.” It’s the same story this year. Ujiri is the most likely executive to swing a massive, unexpected trade. He’s as aggressive as they come. But barring that, it’s likely Toronto will focus on getting healthy and continuing to develop a young bench as it defends its title.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#386 » by mtcan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:37 pm

You were looking for a big trade...now you have it...

Raptors (905) send Justin Anderson to the Nets (G League team) for Henry Ellenson.

Ellenson is jump shooting big man and a former Pistons first round pick.

That is all folks...championship repeat...here we come.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,430

Post#387 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:42 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

Celtics and Raptors are not going to deal with each other. Imagine meeting in the playoffs and Ibaka goes off and helps the celtics win the series. Or vice versa. Optics on that **** isn't worth the risk.

Too much "ifs" for it to deter me personally but I guess GMs might be worried about pointless things like this.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,829

Post#388 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Too much "ifs" for it to deter me personally but I guess GMs might be worried about pointless things like this.

When was the last time you saw two high seeded, same conference teams make a signficant trade with each other just before the deadline?
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#389 » by daswunderboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

The two GM's least likely to care about the inter division thing are Masai and Ainge (and Morey I suppose).
dontsettle4less
Senior
And1: 343

Post#390 » by dontsettle4less » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:12 pm

I'd say we're in the market for spacers, rebounders, no one large and able to move the needle drastically is available currently. Why would we sell when Masai himself said this team has earned a chance to defend their title. Plus we get tons of cap space by just keeping them then, we could even restructure deals afterwards.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#391 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:21 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

When was the last time you saw two high seeded, same conference teams make a signficant trade with each other just before the deadline?

I didn't say you were wrong. I said its too much "ifs" to deter me personally.

Meaning I would let that stop me if I was either chair. That's all.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,170

Post#392 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 pm

ya theres no way Boston trades with Toronto. just because. with the emergence of Powell, They could be more about finding a big man than the RAptors looking for a dynamic swing man.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#393 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:ya theres no way Boston trades with Toronto. just because. with the emergence of Powell, They could be more about finding a big man than the RAptors looking for a dynamic swing man.

The deal was for a big man for a swingman.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#394 » by whysoserious » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 pm

In addition to others mentioning Raps Celtics not dealing with each other for divisional reasons, conference devisions, both are top seeds - the Celtics are likely to stick with Hayward anyways. They brought him in and has a close relationship with the coach. He's been solid for them and in the right role can help them.

Would love to target someone like Devin Booker but I doubt the Suns move him.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#395 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:43 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:ya theres no way Boston trades with Toronto. just because. with the emergence of Powell, They could be more about finding a big man than the RAptors looking for a dynamic swing man.

The deal was for a big man for a swingman.

indeed. but Raptors don't need a swing man as much as Boston needing a big man, especially if Powell is shining through right now.

I think Boston getting either Ibaka or Gasol is more beneficial to them than the Raptors getting Hayward imho.

esp when the East goes through Giannis. Hayward ain't stopping Giannis in the paint like what the combination of Ibaka/ Gasol did to clog up the paint.

and Embiid. if the Raptors faced Embiid without Gasol, it would definitely give the Raptors a harder time TBH (not saying the Raptors would lose but it would be a much more difficult task considering Embiid can just really move IBaka out of the way)

Boston benefits having either Ibaka or Gasol much more. esp when either can help them spread the floor.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#396 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 pm

whysoserious wrote:In addition to others mentioning Raps Celtics not dealing with each other for divisional reasons, conference devisions, both are top seeds - the Celtics are likely to stick with Hayward anyways. They brought him in and has a close relationship with the coach. He's been solid for them and in the right role can help them.

Would love to target someone like Devin Booker but I doubt the Suns move him.

we got some talent on the east if we add multiple firsts for, like Lavine

Portis, Morris, Randle --> don't know what the Knicks were thinking tbh lmao. but if we were to move on from Ibaka seems like Raptors could possibly end up getting either Knox or Robinson because its the Knicks LMAO. Powell and his super star next to Barrett.

Bogdan Bogdanović + Nemanja Bjelica from SAC would be a huge get. they obviously need a vet big man aka Ibaka. this one makes the most sense for us. is SAC going to make a late season push, Ibaka can be kept too for their purposes

McCollum from the Blazers.

Jrue Holiday from NOP
mtcan
RealGM

Post#397 » by mtcan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:36 am

Dwight Powell looks to have suffered a torn achilles...and did KD-style.

Is Dallas suddenly a suitor for Serge? Can we recoup a first round pick for Serge and whatever sort of short contract filler they have? Tim Hardaway Jr. has a player option he likely opts into for next season and he can score off the bench. Throw in Boban for salary matching and a first round draft pick...

And I would do it just to make the Lakers/Clippers' lives a bit more difficult.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#398 » by Chandan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:00 am

mtcan wrote:Dwight Powell looks to have suffered a torn achilles...and did KD-style.

Is Dallas suddenly a suitor for Serge? Can we recoup a first round pick for Serge and whatever sort of short contract filler they have? Tim Hardaway Jr. has a player option he likely opts into for next season and he can score off the bench. Throw in Boban for salary matching and a first round draft pick...

And I would do it just to make the Lakers/Clippers' lives a bit more difficult.

stone hands ibaka + Luka passes = ?
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#399 » by everdiso » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:57 am

N.Powell: 28.7mpg, 20.5usg%, 64.4ts%, 15.8pts, 17.4per, .161ws48, 2.2bpm, 1.4rpm, 0.8rptr
G.Hayward: 32.0mpg, 20.4usg%, 59.0ts%, 16.3pts, 18.2per, .162ws48, 2.4bpm, 1.1rpm, -0.5rptr
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#400 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:02 pm

everdiso wrote:N.Powell: 28.7mpg, 20.5usg%, 64.4ts%, 15.8pts, 17.4per, .161ws48, 2.2bpm, 1.4rpm, 0.8rptr
G.Hayward: 32.0mpg, 20.4usg%, 59.0ts%, 16.3pts, 18.2per, .162ws48, 2.4bpm, 1.1rpm, -0.5rptr

Also:

Powell: $10,116,576 x 3 years (including this year)
Hayward: $32,700,690 x 2 years (including this year)

Return to Toronto Raptors