ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakams Rebounding

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,332

Re: Siakams Rebounding 

Post#21 » by OakleyDokely » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Siakam leaks out on almost every shot put up. I'm actually surprised his season average is as high as it is.
AbbieCat2008
Junior
And1: 271

Post#22 » by AbbieCat2008 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:Siakims D as a whole has been so sht

Now this should be the topic.

2 years ago, I thought he had defensive player of the year potential. With his endless motor and versatility, theres no reason why he shouldnt be much better. It's not like he's being relied upon so heavily on offense where his defense can suffer as much as it has this season.

Personally, I think its 100% a mindset issue where he feels hes gotten too good to do the little defensive things. Just a hunch.

Hopefully Nurse would wake him up.

Lately I find Siakam just lacks "energy" on both ends of the floor. At times he is like a motor-machine; at times, I just want to yank his head to wake him up! lol

We know he can do better and do well; we have seen it. And Nurse had said it many times before that defense is all about "the efforts". Do you have the will to want to move your feet? It's tiring I get it. I applaud Nurse for not playing the starters more than 36-min a game in the last 3 games.
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#23 » by dublo7 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:12 pm

Remember early in the season Spicy picked up too many 1st half fouls that limited our playing style late. I think h'es about playing smart defense, and now knows he can't afford touch fouls fighting for rebounds.... our transition buckets are more important.
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#24 » by SHFT » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:32 pm

AbbieCat2008 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

2 years ago, I thought he had defensive player of the year potential. With his endless motor and versatility, theres no reason why he shouldnt be much better. It's not like he's being relied upon so heavily on offense where his defense can suffer as much as it has this season.

Personally, I think its 100% a mindset issue where he feels hes gotten too good to do the little defensive things. Just a hunch.

Lately I find Siakam just lacks "energy" on both ends of the floor. At times he is like a motor-machine; at times, I just want to yank his head to wake him up! lol

We know he can do better and do well; we have seen it. And Nurse had said it many times before that defense is all about "the efforts". Do you have the will to want to move your feet? It's tiring I get it. I applaud Nurse for not playing the starters more than 36-min a game in the last 3 games.
First year having to do everything. It will come around.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,311

Post#25 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:42 pm

SHFT wrote:
AbbieCat2008 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

I remember tmac during his time with the Raptors was a defensive BEAST. As you start developing your offensive games, these things tend to fade and only get worse or become stagnant.

Let's hope siakam turns it around soon because what made him so special was his high motor in all facets of the game.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#26 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Siakam is clearly not up to full speed. Especially considering he's coming back from a groin injury.
I'm not worried one bit about Pascal. He's averaging like 27mpg in 4 games since returning from his injury so the rest is good.
I expect him to play around 35 minutes tomorrow against the Hawks and absolutely ball out.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Stubby
Junior
And1: 135

Post#27 » by Stubby » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 pm

team edward wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:Rebounding is about effort. Any player that puts in the effort at his stature and as forward should average at least 7 a game.

Rules of thumb are about making **** up without data or context. Any commentator using a rule of thumb should be ignored.

I had to log in to say I'm on team edward now after that perfect jab.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#28 » by SHFT » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
SHFT wrote:
AbbieCat2008 wrote:

I remember tmac during his time with the Raptors was a defensive BEAST. As you start developing your offensive games, these things tend to fade and only get worse or become stagnant.

Let's hope siakam turns it around soon because what made him so special was his high motor in all facets of the game.

During his time with us, tmac didnt put up the offence that Siakam is doing right now. Tmac also played basketball probably at the highest available level his entire playing life.

I dont disagree with you but I dont think its nearly as big a concern. Our defence has been on point since for a long time.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,457

Post#29 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Defense is about attitude and Siakam isn't playing his hardest on that end of the court. I also think he's trying to be more careful due to the foul trouble he found himself in to start the year. Finally, dude is way too emotional and needs to get that under control. He'll take a play off defensively because he's upset the refs didn't call a foul in his favour.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,333

Post#30 » by Mikistan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:56 pm

Where is that clown poster air Canada?

Why areant you quoting everyone in this thread and asking for them to be banned like you did to me the other night?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,298

Post#31 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:34 pm

Not so much rebounding, but Pascal is not playing at an all star level since he came back from injury. Whereas FVV and Gasol came back gangbusters.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,349

Post#32 » by PerfectJab » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Stubby wrote:
team edward wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:Rebounding is about effort. Any player that puts in the effort at his stature and as forward should average at least 7 a game.

Rules of thumb are about making **** up without data or context. Any commentator using a rule of thumb should be ignored.

I had to log in to say that your opinion and its importance comes up a little short. I'm not judging though, you just need to use it better.

The context and commentary is the history of players at his size and position, I made it very clear. Selectively picking based on ones own belief rather than looking at what is actually being said does not relect lack of data or context. This type of person should be ignored as they lack the ability to have a 2 way conversation.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,169

Post#33 » by niQ » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:27 pm

He'll rebound when you get a girlfriend.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,349

Post#34 » by PerfectJab » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm

niQ wrote:He'll rebound when you get a girlfriend.

Well it is basketball, not rebound ball.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#35 » by MixxSRC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:34 pm

He's a tweener 4. Not a true 4 like Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, KG and etc. He's closer to being a 3.
Stubby
Junior
And1: 135

Post#36 » by Stubby » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:42 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
Stubby wrote:
team edward wrote:Rules of thumb are about making **** up without data or context. Any commentator using a rule of thumb should be ignored.

I had to log in to say that your opinion and its importance comes up a little short. I'm not judging though, you just need to use it better.

The context and commentary is the history of players at his size and position, I made it very clear. Selectively picking based on ones own belief rather than looking at what is actually being said does not relect lack of data or context. This type of person should be ignored as they lack the ability to have a 2 way conversation.

Lighten up. Be a good sport fellow Raptor fan... Otherwise you might start being regarded as a person to be ignored as they lack the ability to have a 2 way conversation.
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#37 » by Senbonzakura » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:51 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:

It's because, newsflash, it's not that easy to be an elite defensive player while carrying a 1st option load on offense.

Very, very few guys in NBA history have been able to do this. Jimmy Butler, Paul George, etc were all guys who looked like lockdown defenders before taking larger roles on offense kind of stunted them to being just above average.

We're really talking about like Kawhi, Jordan, LeBron, Giannis as the only wing guys to do this. And even Kawhi is regressing on defense lately, LeBron was only an elite defender for about 4 or 5 seasons and Jordan wasn't exactly elite on defense either in the latter part of his career.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,311

Post#38 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:59 am

Senbonzakura wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

It's because, newsflash, it's not that easy to be an elite defensive player while carrying a 1st option load on offense.

Very, very few guys in NBA history have been able to do this. Jimmy Butler, Paul George, etc were all guys who looked like lockdown defenders before taking larger roles on offense kind of stunted them to being just above average.

We're really talking about like Kawhi, Jordan, LeBron, Giannis as the only wing guys to do this. And even Kawhi is regressing on defense lately, LeBron was only an elite defender for about 4 or 5 seasons and Jordan wasn't exactly elite on defense either in the latter part of his career.

But the thing is, is siakam really carrying that much of a load offensively? The guys you're comparing him to did it all offensively. Siakam isnt those guys.

Now when/if he becomes that guy, I'll cut him some slack defensively.
microjacklin
Pro Prospect
And1: 555

Post#39 » by microjacklin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:51 am

not only rebound
if you look him as our franchise player
He's been play terrible ever since coming back from injury
TheWave
Rookie
And1: 789

Post#40 » by TheWave » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:19 am

I don't think Siakam is pushing it post injury. He is just doing enough and that's fine, let the man heal up and have his All Star game then save it for the PO. Norm can run and show off for a bit and cement his new status and that should be encouraged. If we have both firing in the PO, could be dangerous.

Return to Toronto Raptors