ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Which team/fanbase do you respect and hate the most?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,358

Re: OT: Which team/fanbase do you respect and hate the most? 

Post#41 » by Bank Shot » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm

The Knicks' fanbase is awesome. I can't imagine what MSG is like when they are good because the atmosphere there is great even when they are terrible. Love the passion and most fans have a good sense of humor. I've lived in NY for the last few years and I haven't had any bad experiences with Knicks fans. The Yankee fanbase is annoying though since it brings in so many bandwagoners.

The Celtics' fanbase has been quiet this year, but it will take more than a few months to make me forget the "how dare you not bend the knee" attitude a lot of their fans have. WOAT was Rose stans during his MVP year. RealGM was a cesspool that season. The Lakers fanbase merging with the LeBron stans has been awful as well. The league is much more fun to follow when the Lakers suck.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#42 » by fbalmeida » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:33 pm

For those of you who weren't around at the time, or were too young to remember, the Knicks playoff series with Ewing, Oakley, Starks, and Mason... were quite the riot.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#43 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:43 pm

Uncle Dennis wrote:Is it weird that I don't mind Boston fans as much anymore? A few of them over at their board are chill.

It's the Philly and Lakers fans that I truly despise. Always liked Magic fans though.

Amen! I actually like most of the Boston fans and our "competitions" are healthy for both fan bases.

Philly, Lakers AND Bucks too are most annoying.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#44 » by LiSTWithLani » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Boston fans have irked me for years. I never liked Pierce, I didn't like Antoine Walker or Ricky Davis, Raef LaFrentz, etc.
I disliked Detroit fans during the Wallace Bros days and don't know what people see in Drummond.

Indiana has always been fun to watch as a Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest fan (first jersey ever).
I liked Portland (Sheed was my second jersey ever), until he went to Detroit

In terms of teams and looks, I liked;
Small Ball Warriors with Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, etc. (hated Biedrins though)
Young guns OKC with KD, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Sefolosha
Favourite team outside of the Raptors is probably Denver. I don't know if I've disliked any of their teams.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,054

Post#45 » by ItsDanger » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:25 pm

I respect the Knick fans the most, its not easy to maintain that passion for that team considering how bad they've been.

Hate? I dislike the Lakers fans the most, too spoiled with their unique advantage for big name star players.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#46 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Raptors fan base is pretty toxic at time and def annoying to the rest of the RealGM forum. esp the ones who make threads about Raptors related topics on the main board lmao. cringeworthy at its best - I would say 1/10 are decent.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#47 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:28 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:
Uncle Dennis wrote:Is it weird that I don't mind Boston fans as much anymore? A few of them over at their board are chill.

It's the Philly and Lakers fans that I truly despise. Always liked Magic fans though.

Amen! I actually like most of the Boston fans and our "competitions" are healthy for both fan bases.

Philly, Lakers AND Bucks too are most annoying.

wait till Raptors play Boston in the playoffs. Things will from from 0-100 reeaaaaaal quick.

its only inevitable. esp if the Raptors lose to the Celtics in the playoffs, some people will go over to their forum to wreak some weakass havoc, as history of this board will tell you.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#48 » by ontnut » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 am

I hate fans of teams that have no actual ties to those cities, are fair weather fans, or are just bandwagon hoppers. They are the worst. The worst of the culprits being Lakers fans, and lately, Warrior fans. So they're up there because they're tainted with those fakers.

I imagine some cities find Raptors fans annoying now too, because we invade their arenas and chant loudly, and we're EVERYWHERE apparently. But I gotta respect this fanbase just because of all the absolute crap we've been through over the years, all the disappointment, heartbreak, trolls, lack of respect etc., and we're still out there showing up and showing out.

I don't really have a handle on other fan bases enough to actually respect them.
steamed hams
General Manager
And1: 19,431

Post#49 » by steamed hams » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:41 am

Boston fans from every sport are the worst
supra2k8
Starter
And1: 4,070

Post#50 » by supra2k8 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 am

howlin mad axer wrote:Aside from the Raptors I respect the Spurs most and I hate the Lakers most.

this, i don't hate the real fans, just the fake bandwagon fans
spicy4MVP
Sixth Man
And1: 1,963

Post#51 » by spicy4MVP » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:02 am

UcanUwill wrote:To me I dont care, I only dont like some Euro fanatics who hate their rivals to the ppint they throw flares at players or start massive fights with rival fans. THat stuff can gtfo, but all fans are the same to me really.

you sir is racist towards the europeans
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#52 » by team edward » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:07 am

Respect Indiana. Basketball is in the blood there.

Hate Brooklyn, Milwaukee.

I guess is respect Philly but they should be nicer to Lowry.
Mr_NC
Analyst
And1: 5,342

Post#53 » by Mr_NC » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:12 am

I hate Celtic fans the worst

I like Blazer fans the best
AbbieCat2008
Junior
And1: 271

Post#54 » by AbbieCat2008 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 am

I don't hate particular teams, but I do get annoyed by the US media and US sport analysts. The Lakers lost an ugly game last night and next morning all you read is "they need someone else who can create their own shot". It's one ugly game. It happens. But the Lakers is getting tons of media coverage as if they are the only best team this year--which is not, as the Bucks has the best record and BEAT the Lakers.

The Lakers are 1-5 against the league's top 7 defensive team. The Lakers can bully bad defensive teams, but not good ones.

Return to Toronto Raptors