ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Which team/fanbase do you respect and hate the most?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,834

Re: OT: Which team/fanbase do you respect and hate the most? 

Post#21 » by Duffman100 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Pacers often impress me. They always seem to be relevant and find diamonds in the rough.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#22 » by 720 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Hate Spurs, Celtics, Bucks, fans.

Don’t respect any other fan base besides our own. We have the best fans in the league.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#23 » by gerrit4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:33 pm

I'm not really sure - it's hard to judge fans based on what they write on message boards.

Most of the Raps fans I know in real life are nothing like what gets represented on the boards. I'd guess that most fans of other teams hate us the most.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#24 » by Jadoogar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:50 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:Lakers and Knicks fans are the worst.

These are my 2 least favourites as well with Boston hot on their heels.
Lakers and Knicks always think every young player they have is a superstar.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#25 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Is it weird that I don't mind Boston fans as much anymore? A few of them over at their board are chill.

It's the Philly and Lakers fans that I truly despise. Always liked Magic fans though.
DAcReator
Junior
And1: 522

Post#26 » by DAcReator » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:53 pm

I'll probably get a lot of hate for this but I cannot stand d-rose fans at all. At first I found it inspirational how people stuck with this guy, but now this man has become grossly overrated and his fans constantly blame the team he plays for when he is not doing well. Like move on, 2012 was 8 years ago
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,670

Post#27 » by ConSarnit » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Uncle Dennis wrote:Is it weird that I don't mind Boston fans as much anymore? A few of them over at their board are chill.

It's the Philly and Lakers fans that I truly despise. Always liked Magic fans though.

I actually don’t think Boston or Philly fans are that bad. They can engage in trolling (same as Raps fans) but at least they can make reasonable arguments and understand basketball.

Bucks fans on the other hand are some of the dumbest people you’ll come across on the internet. I never really realized it until the playoffs last year and it was so bad it actually made me appreciate Boston/Philly fans. They must still use a lot of lead paint in Milwaukee.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#28 » by 6ixSideSniper » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:13 pm

I hate Bucks fans.

They’re basically the condescending annoying Raptors fans but of higher quality because there’s not as many of them and the ones that are there are extra vocal.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#29 » by daswunderboy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:Philly fans have the reputation as the worst fans to visiting fans/teams.

Personally, Kobe fanboys annoy me.

Yes to being annoyed by the rapists fans! Anytime someone mentions a list of all time greats, some Kobe fan will chime in "you forgot Kobe". Nah bro, we really didn't.
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,284

Post#30 » by Kordic27 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:33 pm

I'll go with liking the Knicks because games at MSG is awesome - the fans are loud and engaged the whole time, and are there for the basketball, unlike at the ACC. Knick RealGMers remind me of Raptor fans of the Bargnani era - constantly trying to find hope, long suffering, can make fun of themselves, funny AF.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 810

Post#31 » by random_hero891 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:36 pm

I've really come to respect Knicks fans, and I'm talking about the real fans that support the team year after year, I know it's not easy supporting a team that hasn't been able to meet expectations, but I truly admire their optimism for the following season. I really want great basketball to return to NYC, I think their fans deserve it.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Post#32 » by VancouverRaps » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Hate - Bucks fans: although they bring me more joy than hatred to be honest, I laugh my ass off reading their comments on the Raptors and Kawhi, even months later they're still salty as hell and it's hilarious. Honourable mention to Boston fans, some of their older fans have a little bit of an "old school" mentality if you catch my drift....

Respect - Blazers + Knicks: Blazers fans are always rowdy and loud, cool city too even though it can get a bit over the top with hipster vibes. I respect Knicks fans for still having passion for their team after repeatedly getting their hearts stomped on.
We the Champs
theocratic_n'_nature
Pro Prospect
And1: 372

Post#33 » by theocratic_n'_nature » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:15 pm

Hate: The Reffing team...and it's not even close.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#34 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:19 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Uncle Dennis wrote:Is it weird that I don't mind Boston fans as much anymore? A few of them over at their board are chill.

I actually don’t think Boston or Philly fans are that bad. They can engage in trolling (same as Raps fans) but at least they can make reasonable arguments and understand basketball.

Bucks fans on the other hand are some of the dumbest people you’ll come across on the internet. I never really realized it until the playoffs last year and it was so bad it actually made me appreciate Boston/Philly fans. They must still use a lot of lead paint in Milwaukee.

Ah yes! You just reminded me, Bucks fans are the worst.
jrask
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,158

Post#35 » by jrask » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Bucks fans have been especially insecure and annoying over the last few years

It's been quite gratifying bouncing them from the playoffs year after year (but I'm assuming that changes this year)
No rebounds No rings
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#36 » by omar36 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:55 pm

boston fans by far. they act like there hot stuff yet have had as many championships as us in the last 30 years lol.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#37 » by PT416 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:40 pm

You guys made my day with the Bucks comments. I hate the Bucks board with a passion. They temp banned me for saying they'll make it to the ECF but I don't know if they'll beat Philly (it was my opinion at the time, now I'm not sure because I think we have a chance too). But they kept baiting me to say something dumb and I was just avoiding it and saying my opinion respectfully while they bashed me and then they banned me LMAO. Actual insecure losers I couldn't believe it.

Respect: Grizzlies. I don't know about the fanbase but that team has heart I look forward to them sneaking into the playoffs and continuing to find JV while Morant does spectacular things.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#38 » by And1+2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:15 am

Looks like this has already been said, but the Milwaukee fanbase is ridiculously insecure. Now, they do have a few excellent posters, who are few and far between, but the majority of them just continuely embarrass themselves with thier unwarranted arrogance and inept basketball knowledge. They also literally can't take a joke, which makes them the easiest and funnest fanbase to troll.

Boston fans are pretty tolerable in my opinion. They have a few bad grapes, but for the most part are pretty respectful and knowledgeable. Unlike Buck fans, they are also pretty resilient to trolling, which I respect.

Knicks fans are easily the most desperate. Can't say I blame them. They'll cling to any hope they can get... Poor guys.

Lakers fans are usually really cocky for no good reason. Congrats, you live in a desirable location players want to go to. Your GM could be a golden retriever and you would still sign almost anyone you want. Oh, and you're still not going to win another championship anytime soon... ;)
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#39 » by 6ixSideSniper » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 am

random_hero891 wrote:I've really come to respect Knicks fans, and I'm talking about the real fans that support the team year after year, I know it's not easy supporting a team that hasn't been able to meet expectations, but I truly admire their optimism for the following season. I really want great basketball to return to NYC, I think their fans deserve it.

Even though they would be in the EC, I wouldn’t mind seeing the return of the Knicks. Their last great player was Ewing...

This board freaks out when a late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder don’t pan out to be NBA players, imagine consistently blowing the draft for 20+ years with high lotto picks.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,785

Post#40 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:55 am

I'm not sure our own isn't the worst most days!

Return to Toronto Raptors