ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

User avatar
PhilBlackson
RealGM
Posts: 19,188
And1: 31,053
Joined: May 02, 2017
Location: No Wastemans Land
     

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1061 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 pm

There's so much homerism just on this page alone lol

The Nets aren't trading LaVert for an aging Ibaka. Over and over all the rumors coming out of BKN is that they're looking to acquire a third star which is going to require LaVert in the deal. Old man Ibaka is not that.

Next I still don't understand why people think Giannis wants to come here especially with the above proposed scenario of us sending out our best "younger" player in Siakam. There's zero reason he's gonna be so compelled to a near retirement Lowry and role player Anunoby moving forward. Realistically Masai & Co are gonna pull off pretty substantial trades to create a roster/core that Giannis can look and believe not only fits but is enough to get over the hump.

Its unbelievable how many people are in denial that as it stands now both MIA & GSW are well ahead in their likelihood to get him. While I certainly will give us a meeting due to Masai's past with him, it won't be enough unless there is a championship core that fits as well as the other options. The last thing he wants to do is move somewhere and find himself falling short again to face massive criticism. We're gonna need much better shooters and closers if this dream of Giannis is ever gonna become a reality.
#BIGTRUSS >>>>***Jayson Hall of Fatum is a top 10 player*** <<<< __ Lead Supporter of Michael Porter__
Image
User avatar
SharoneWright
RealGM
Posts: 22,000
And1: 8,376
Joined: Aug 03, 2006
Location: Flavortown, USA.
     

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1062 » by SharoneWright » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:16 am

sidsid wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:Some time next season, when the writing is on the wall for MIL::::

Siakam + and 2 1sts for Giannis.

We build with Giannis and OG. +/- Kyle, Fred, Serge. With TD3, Watson, and Thomas all rising. PLUS cap space.


Nothing wrong with the notion of that core going forward but pretty sure MU wants Siakam paired with Giannis. No way is the org trading Paskal for player that they really want to add to this 2nd seed grouping. I would assume that if they rejected Paskal for acquiring Paul George to get Kawhi you will also not see them getting Giannis with the same asset. Masai I think wants to add to this group by signing deals and having the optics of attracting tallent the way big market teams do. Can he do that in a pandemic? That is a variable we haven't see play out yet.


There are only 3 situations where Siakam gets traded:

1. Giannis demands a trade to Toronto like Davis did to the Lakers and let's MU know quietly that he doesn't mind if Siakam is traded for him

2. Giannis joins the team in 2021 and pulls a Kawhi collusion agreement with another player and asks MU to trade Siakam for him (or doesn't care if he does to make it happen)

3. A disgruntled star that is better than Siakam is on the market and the team is willing to take Siakam in exchange for him, like the DeRozan trade.

1 and 2 only happen if Giannis wants it to happen while 3 is an opportunistic option that you can't plan for. Masai will absolutely gamble on Siakam getting better over cutting bait before the Giannis offseason.


#1 could easily happen. It's what we should have done with McGrady and Bosh. It's what a clear-headed MIL should do now.

Giannis needs to quietly (respectfully) tell the Bucks he's had enough of Wisconsin and submit a trade list of 1 team only.

The deal would be more than fair value for the Cucks. And Giannis gets a larger max with us (where he wants to be) than anywhere else.

We're also left with cap dollars out of the deal. And in a cap league, that is huge. In fact, as good as Siakam may be, he's not an asset in a cap league if he's overpaid. Assets are only players getting paid below their worth.
If you were a quartermaster, you can run the second floor of the ladies department.
User avatar
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
Posts: 16,254
And1: 6,954
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1063 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:14 am

SharoneWright wrote:
sidsid wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Nothing wrong with the notion of that core going forward but pretty sure MU wants Siakam paired with Giannis. No way is the org trading Paskal for player that they really want to add to this 2nd seed grouping. I would assume that if they rejected Paskal for acquiring Paul George to get Kawhi you will also not see them getting Giannis with the same asset. Masai I think wants to add to this group by signing deals and having the optics of attracting tallent the way big market teams do. Can he do that in a pandemic? That is a variable we haven't see play out yet.


There are only 3 situations where Siakam gets traded:

1. Giannis demands a trade to Toronto like Davis did to the Lakers and let's MU know quietly that he doesn't mind if Siakam is traded for him

2. Giannis joins the team in 2021 and pulls a Kawhi collusion agreement with another player and asks MU to trade Siakam for him (or doesn't care if he does to make it happen)

3. A disgruntled star that is better than Siakam is on the market and the team is willing to take Siakam in exchange for him, like the DeRozan trade.

1 and 2 only happen if Giannis wants it to happen while 3 is an opportunistic option that you can't plan for. Masai will absolutely gamble on Siakam getting better over cutting bait before the Giannis offseason.


#1 could easily happen. It's what we should have done with McGrady and Bosh. It's what a clear-headed MIL should do now.

Giannis needs to quietly (respectfully) tell the Bucks he's had enough of Wisconsin and submit a trade list of 1 team only.

The deal would be more than fair value for the Cucks. And Giannis gets a larger max with us (where he wants to be) than anywhere else.

We're also left with cap dollars out of the deal. And in a cap league, that is huge. In fact, as good as Siakam may be, he's not an asset in a cap league if he's overpaid. Assets are only players getting paid below their worth.


A lot of assumptions going on. If he wants to go to the market yes the Bucks need to move him but he has passed to the point where the Bucks would get fair value. Better to wait out their position of being highest bidder with fallback sign and trade. Giannis if he wants to be a S+T to the Raps prob can get them at least Davis II and two firsts because they would be a rebuilding Cavs shipwreck after Giannis leaves.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,604
And1: 3,968
Joined: May 12, 2015

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1064 » by dalton749 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:57 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:There's so much homerism just on this page alone lol

The Nets aren't trading LaVert for an aging Ibaka. Over and over all the rumors coming out of BKN is that they're looking to acquire a third star which is going to require LaVert in the deal. Old man Ibaka is not that.



The only stars available right now are guys that have injury concerns or are significantly overpaid right now. The Nets would be stupid to go after one of them considering that kyrie is made of glass and kd is coming off on a significant injury. They would be putting together a team that has zero depth and could easily struggle to make the playoffs if one of those guys miss significant time which is likely.

This season has proved that you only need two stars to win and filling in quality role players around them is the way to go with the 3 pointer being so valuable.

Ibaka and Powell on that team would be huge upgrades over Levert and Allen because powell is an upgrade defensively and thrives in an off ball role where as ibaka brings a different skill set when DJ and Allen are similar players. (I think they only do this if it’s an agreed two separate deals of course). They fill in one more guy, TRoss would be my target for them and they would be a very tough team to beat.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Powell
Harris/Ross
KD
DJ/Ibaka
User avatar
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
Posts: 16,254
And1: 6,954
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1065 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 pm

dalton749 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:There's so much homerism just on this page alone lol

The Nets aren't trading LaVert for an aging Ibaka. Over and over all the rumors coming out of BKN is that they're looking to acquire a third star which is going to require LaVert in the deal. Old man Ibaka is not that.



The only stars available right now are guys that have injury concerns or are significantly overpaid right now. The Nets would be stupid to go after one of them considering that kyrie is made of glass and kd is coming off on a significant injury. They would be putting together a team that has zero depth and could easily struggle to make the playoffs if one of those guys miss significant time which is likely.

This season has proved that you only need two stars to win and filling in quality role players around them is the way to go with the 3 pointer being so valuable.

Ibaka and Powell on that team would be huge upgrades over Levert and Allen because powell is an upgrade defensively and thrives in an off ball role where as ibaka brings a different skill set when DJ and Allen are similar players. (I think they only do this if it’s an agreed two separate deals of course). They fill in one more guy, TRoss would be my target for them and they would be a very tough team to beat.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Powell
Harris/Ross
KD
DJ/Ibaka


I think it is Dinwiddie they trade not Lavert. I doubt they prefer to trade with us. While Orlando traded Serge to us for TRoss one thing they could offer him is "home" and a longer term deal. If Serge walks he walks. Then they trade Bamba to us or elsewhere for another asset.
jimmy keys
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,390
And1: 2,464
Joined: Jan 04, 2009
     

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1066 » by jimmy keys » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:04 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:There's so much homerism just on this page alone lol

The Nets aren't trading LaVert for an aging Ibaka. Over and over all the rumors coming out of BKN is that they're looking to acquire a third star which is going to require LaVert in the deal. Old man Ibaka is not that.

Next I still don't understand why people think Giannis wants to come here especially with the above proposed scenario of us sending out our best "younger" player in Siakam. There's zero reason he's gonna be so compelled to a near retirement Lowry and role player Anunoby moving forward. Realistically Masai & Co are gonna pull off pretty substantial trades to create a roster/core that Giannis can look and believe not only fits but is enough to get over the hump.

Its unbelievable how many people are in denial that as it stands now both MIA & GSW are well ahead in their likelihood to get him. While I certainly will give us a meeting due to Masai's past with him, it won't be enough unless there is a championship core that fits as well as the other options. The last thing he wants to do is move somewhere and find himself falling short again to face massive criticism. We're gonna need much better shooters and closers if this dream of Giannis is ever gonna become a reality.


You talk like you something, but you don't, none of us do. Let's just see how it plays out. GS isn't more likely to get Giannis, they would literally need to get rid of everyone not named Curry to even have a chance. The Bucks can just say you want to be in GS then sign the mid-level. A couple of bad picks and injured Klay Thompson isn't getting done. The fit in Miami is horrible as well unless they move Bam. Milwaukee still looks more likely than both.
Ell Curry
Starter
Posts: 2,386
And1: 450
Joined: Oct 27, 2001
Location: Newfoundland

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1067 » by Ell Curry » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:27 am

PhilBlackson wrote:There's so much homerism just on this page alone lol

The Nets aren't trading LaVert for an aging Ibaka. Over and over all the rumors coming out of BKN is that they're looking to acquire a third star which is going to require LaVert in the deal. Old man Ibaka is not that.


The Levert deal I could see is not Ibaka but Levert for signed and traded Van Vleet, assuming it doesn't make things impossible for the Nets with hard cap or other CBA things. Maybe the Raptors even throw in something to add value and it's a 2 part deal, like our first rounder for Kurucs as we need a backup forward anyways.

Nets get an FVV-Kyrie-Harris-Durant-Allen lineup with Dinwiddie as the 6th man and Jordan and Prince-Waller presumably the 7th and 8th men, maybe they get a cheap swingman as the 9th in free agency or during the season.

Dinwiddie is the guy I think makes a ton of sense for the Raptors, as he would give us a closer and another creator and he doesn't eat into 2021 space. Hell, something based around Powell for Dinwiddie alone makes some sense for both teams since Powell would be a nice 3 and D starter for the Nets who could use Levert as the 6th man in a Kyrie-Powell-Harris-KD-Allen lineup. And I think people who think Powell isn't going to opt out and get paid confuse me, since I think he's clearly a 15M free agent considering how badly teams need wings around their ball dominant guys.
Where's the D?
100proof
Starter
Posts: 2,187
And1: 1,114
Joined: Jul 25, 2019

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1068 » by 100proof » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:31 am

Would Toronto be open to signing and trading Ibaka for an expiring contract and a pick? WOuld Toronto be interested in moving Powell in the deal as well?

Just to clear Powell's 2021 player option and to do Ibaka a solid by giving him a large contract that Toronto, I would assume, would offer?
User avatar
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,287
And1: 7,910
Joined: May 31, 2012
Location: Edmonton
       

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1069 » by Red_Claw » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 am

100proof wrote:Would Toronto be open to signing and trading Ibaka for an expiring contract and a pick? WOuld Toronto be interested in moving Powell in the deal as well?

Just to clear Powell's 2021 player option and to do Ibaka a solid by giving him a large contract that Toronto, I would assume, would offer?


Toronto will never do a trade with Boston that won't significantly improve the team immediately. Not to mention give a division rival the last piece to a championship run while were still competing. There's nothing boston has that can replace Ibaka and i don't think salary wise, theres any opportunity for sign and trades.

You're team probably needs to look at the 76ers to bring back Horford. His contract sucks and they don't want him but you already know he can play within the system.
100proof
Starter
Posts: 2,187
And1: 1,114
Joined: Jul 25, 2019

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1070 » by 100proof » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:25 am

Red_Claw wrote:
100proof wrote:Would Toronto be open to signing and trading Ibaka for an expiring contract and a pick? WOuld Toronto be interested in moving Powell in the deal as well?

Just to clear Powell's 2021 player option and to do Ibaka a solid by giving him a large contract that Toronto, I would assume, would offer?


Toronto will never do a trade with Boston that won't significantly improve the team immediately. Not to mention give a division rival the last piece to a championship run while were still competing. There's nothing boston has that can replace Ibaka and i don't think salary wise, theres any opportunity for sign and trades.

You're team probably needs to look at the 76ers to bring back Horford. His contract sucks and they don't want him but you already know he can play within the system.



Thies is better than Al. Lol

What of powell?
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 10,857
And1: 9,109
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1071 » by Zeno » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:27 am

100proof wrote:Would Toronto be open to signing and trading Ibaka for an expiring contract and a pick? WOuld Toronto be interested in moving Powell in the deal as well?

Just to clear Powell's 2021 player option and to do Ibaka a solid by giving him a large contract that Toronto, I would assume, would offer?

So what are you proposing? I don’t think you can combine players in a sign and trade under the CBA rules. If you can get something for Ibaka and we don’t want to pay him then I can’t see why the front office wouldn’t do it regardless of in division or not
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
User avatar
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,287
And1: 7,910
Joined: May 31, 2012
Location: Edmonton
       

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1072 » by Red_Claw » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:36 am

100proof wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
100proof wrote:Would Toronto be open to signing and trading Ibaka for an expiring contract and a pick? WOuld Toronto be interested in moving Powell in the deal as well?

Just to clear Powell's 2021 player option and to do Ibaka a solid by giving him a large contract that Toronto, I would assume, would offer?


Toronto will never do a trade with Boston that won't significantly improve the team immediately. Not to mention give a division rival the last piece to a championship run while were still competing. There's nothing boston has that can replace Ibaka and i don't think salary wise, theres any opportunity for sign and trades.

You're team probably needs to look at the 76ers to bring back Horford. His contract sucks and they don't want him but you already know he can play within the system.



Thies is better than Al. Lol

What of powell?


You would need to over pay for any deal with Toronto. While our core is still here, theres very good chance we see the celtics in the playoffs at any point and Masai won't give you any missing pieces that a division rival needs to beat the Raptors.

Id honestly accept a trade thats starts with your 2 late FRP. And im well aware thats not fair. Serge is just a no go.
pr0gr4m
Sophomore
Posts: 202
And1: 156
Joined: Jun 15, 2020

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1073 » by pr0gr4m » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:I wouldn't mind liquifying Powell and trading him for a mid first round pick. I would pick Maledon and Nnaji based on the interest the Raptors have shown so far. Powell may end being much better than Maledon but we would risk losing him for nothing. I would also look to grab Hughes as an undrafted pick.

Ibaka(1 year / 30M) / Nnaji
Siakam /
OG / Hughes / Watson
FVV / Davis
Lowry / Maledon

It's going to be a down year as we can't risk any capspace for the following off-season. Most likely we would be able to add both Oladipo and Giannis. I would expect the rookies to produce right away as a bench unit led by a veteran (MLE?). A golden handshake with Ibaka to re-sign him next season. I would also try to trade FVV for future picks if Davis or Maledon show promise. I would want 2022 1st rounders for an extremely loaded draft class. I would use that stock the 905.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading FVV to Cleveland to dump FVV's contract and get back 4 second rounders in 2022.

Giannis/Nnaji
Siakam/
OG/Hughes/Watson
Davis / Holiday
Maledon / Conley

Getting Giannis himself is a small chance. I doubt we get both him and Oladipo. I would sign Jrue Holiday and Conley as stop gap options until Maledon and Davis can take over.


Who is giving you a mid first for Powell? I don't see the fits, maybe you get Utah, Miami or Denver to bite but that's the short list. Not enough to pick Maledon who I think is gone by #15 if not #13. Only thing I could possibly see is if your taking on Hield and The Kings just want him gone and your trading Powell plus Terence Davis and a future first.

Why does Cleveland need FVV when they have Sexton and Garland as their PG and SG. They aren't going to be good enough to justify paying Freddy that kinda money. I mean what they get a handful more wins if that.

That team isn't going to attract Giannis Antetokounmpo with just OG and Siakam as well

Sexton and Garland suck.

Yeah it's a tough call. 1 year isn't really enough to add a really good high end piece to entice him to come but I think we have something in one of either Powell, Davis, or someone in this draft. There are other scorers in the league that haven't received or been in the right setting. I am absolutely sure that is Buddy Hield and we know that the Kings are a dumpster fire of a franchise.

I feel that selling Powell for Maledon could be a potentially bad deal for us. Powell is showing that he might take another step next season with a bigger role. That would be very good for the Raptors as he also has playoff experience and I could see a lot transferring there.

However trading Powell + 29 from my prospective for say Hield + 12 is what I think would be a good move (many posters disagree with me). Hield definitely is not a bad player and Nurse can play him to his strengths at least during the regular season. I could see Hield posting 20+ per game for us as a starter. He wouldn't be an immovable piece.

The other aspect of this is we get an extremely good guard at 12 if we take Maledon and I would really have to consider Terry here too if he's available.

I would think that would get it done for a final trips. We would have the team defense and tools to stop Durant/Irving in the playoffs. I doubt Durant is as good as he was in GS because of his injury. The Celts wouldn't be able to match us if we added Giannis and obtain another scorer(Hield or developed prospect).

I doubt these are all possible and the best move forward would most likely be Hughes as he's in our range. His best skill is that he can score. We absolutely need that especially at the 3.
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 10,857
And1: 9,109
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1074 » by Zeno » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 pm

General Grevious' Revenge AKA Norman Sleeper Cell trade....

To Bucks:
Norm

To Raptors:
Dante Divincenzo, Robin Lopez and #24

Opens up cap to sign Giannis next offseason, Norm can talk about missing Toronto all season, Robin Lopez can beat up mascots if covid ever ends.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Lukeem
Veteran
Posts: 2,855
And1: 2,275
Joined: Aug 02, 2012

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1075 » by Lukeem » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Norman powell
Stanley johnson
Patrick McCaw
Dewan Hernandez

For Rudy gobert


Gobert
Siakam
Anunoby
Fvv
Lowry

Starting lineup that is absolutely elite defensively. Adding a deadly gobert pick and roll adds a new element to the offence which should give gobert easy looks or others open 3s



Try to add a c/pf and sf through FA and draft. Grab Gasol on a one year if you can and Boucher.

Regular season lineup of

Gobert / Gasol / Boucher / siakam
Siakam / Boucher/ anunoby
Anunoby / Watson (FA/ rookie)
Fvv/ thomas / Davis
Lowry/ Davis / fvv

Playoffs tight games looks more like

Gobert 28min Gasol 20-5 mins depending on matchup
(Then either siakam / OG / Boucher )
Siakam 36 mins. Boucher 12-5 mins (OG)
OG 34 mins Watson (or other) 5-14 mins
Fvv 34 mins Davis / thomas 14 mins
Lowry 34 mins Davis / thomas / Fvv 14 mins



Next offseason we can try to sign gobert for cheaper quickly or renounce him to go for Giannis or other. Same with Lowry.

40 mill tied into siakam, thomas and og (cap hold)
Probably around 20 to fvv
Leaves around 10-15 for each of Lowry and gobert to leave enough to go for Giannias ... which leaves a thread of a chance we could have

Gobert - Giannis
Siakam - Anunoby
Giannis - Anunoby
Anunoby - Davis - thomas
Fvv - Lowry - Davis
Image
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 10,857
And1: 9,109
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1076 » by Zeno » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Lukeem wrote:Norman powell
Stanley johnson
Patrick McCaw
Dewan Hernandez

For Rudy gobert


Gobert
Siakam
Anunoby
Fvv
Lowry

Starting lineup that is absolutely elite defensively. Adding a deadly gobert pick and roll adds a new element to the offence which should give gobert easy looks or others open 3s



Try to add a c/pf and sf through FA and draft. Grab Gasol on a one year if you can and Boucher.

Regular season lineup of

Gobert / Gasol / Boucher / siakam
Siakam / Boucher/ anunoby
Anunoby / Watson (FA/ rookie)
Fvv/ thomas / Davis
Lowry/ Davis / fvv

Playoffs tight games looks more like

Gobert 28min Gasol 20-5 mins depending on matchup
(Then either siakam / OG / Boucher )
Siakam 36 mins. Boucher 12-5 mins (OG)
OG 34 mins Watson (or other) 5-14 mins
Fvv 34 mins Davis / thomas 14 mins
Lowry 34 mins Davis / thomas / Fvv 14 mins



Next offseason we can try to sign gobert for cheaper quickly or renounce him to go for Giannis or other. Same with Lowry.

40 mill tied into siakam, thomas and og (cap hold)
Probably around 20 to fvv
Leaves around 10-15 for each of Lowry and gobert to leave enough to go for Giannias ... which leaves a thread of a chance we could have

Gobert - Giannis
Siakam - Anunoby
Giannis - Anunoby
Anunoby - Davis - thomas
Fvv - Lowry - Davis

Was Gobert convicted of a felony I'm not aware of?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Lukeem
Veteran
Posts: 2,855
And1: 2,275
Joined: Aug 02, 2012

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1077 » by Lukeem » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 pm

Zeno wrote:
Lukeem wrote:Norman powell
Stanley johnson
Patrick McCaw
Dewan Hernandez

For Rudy gobert


Gobert
Siakam
Anunoby
Fvv
Lowry

Starting lineup that is absolutely elite defensively. Adding a deadly gobert pick and roll adds a new element to the offence which should give gobert easy looks or others open 3s



Try to add a c/pf and sf through FA and draft. Grab Gasol on a one year if you can and Boucher.

Regular season lineup of

Gobert / Gasol / Boucher / siakam
Siakam / Boucher/ anunoby
Anunoby / Watson (FA/ rookie)
Fvv/ thomas / Davis
Lowry/ Davis / fvv

Playoffs tight games looks more like

Gobert 28min Gasol 20-5 mins depending on matchup
(Then either siakam / OG / Boucher )
Siakam 36 mins. Boucher 12-5 mins (OG)
OG 34 mins Watson (or other) 5-14 mins
Fvv 34 mins Davis / thomas 14 mins
Lowry 34 mins Davis / thomas / Fvv 14 mins



Next offseason we can try to sign gobert for cheaper quickly or renounce him to go for Giannis or other. Same with Lowry.

40 mill tied into siakam, thomas and og (cap hold)
Probably around 20 to fvv
Leaves around 10-15 for each of Lowry and gobert to leave enough to go for Giannias ... which leaves a thread of a chance we could have

Gobert - Giannis
Siakam - Anunoby
Giannis - Anunoby
Anunoby - Davis - thomas
Fvv - Lowry - Davis

Was Gobert convicted of a felony I'm not aware of?


Sorry I was focused on players to make salaries work, which is the bigger challenge.

Raps would add picks.
Image
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 10,857
And1: 9,109
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1078 » by Zeno » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Lukeem wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Lukeem wrote:Norman powell
Stanley johnson
Patrick McCaw
Dewan Hernandez

For Rudy gobert


Gobert
Siakam
Anunoby
Fvv
Lowry

Starting lineup that is absolutely elite defensively. Adding a deadly gobert pick and roll adds a new element to the offence which should give gobert easy looks or others open 3s



Try to add a c/pf and sf through FA and draft. Grab Gasol on a one year if you can and Boucher.

Regular season lineup of

Gobert / Gasol / Boucher / siakam
Siakam / Boucher/ anunoby
Anunoby / Watson (FA/ rookie)
Fvv/ thomas / Davis
Lowry/ Davis / fvv

Playoffs tight games looks more like

Gobert 28min Gasol 20-5 mins depending on matchup
(Then either siakam / OG / Boucher )
Siakam 36 mins. Boucher 12-5 mins (OG)
OG 34 mins Watson (or other) 5-14 mins
Fvv 34 mins Davis / thomas 14 mins
Lowry 34 mins Davis / thomas / Fvv 14 mins



Next offseason we can try to sign gobert for cheaper quickly or renounce him to go for Giannis or other. Same with Lowry.

40 mill tied into siakam, thomas and og (cap hold)
Probably around 20 to fvv
Leaves around 10-15 for each of Lowry and gobert to leave enough to go for Giannias ... which leaves a thread of a chance we could have

Gobert - Giannis
Siakam - Anunoby
Giannis - Anunoby
Anunoby - Davis - thomas
Fvv - Lowry - Davis

Was Gobert convicted of a felony I'm not aware of?


Sorry I was focused on players to make salaries work, which is the bigger challenge.

Raps would add picks.

Apologies for being snarky but this is still crazy wishful thinking. Raptors are picking bottom 5 every draft. There isn't an amount of 1sts that late that would get this done.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Lukeem
Veteran
Posts: 2,855
And1: 2,275
Joined: Aug 02, 2012

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1079 » by Lukeem » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Zeno wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
Zeno wrote:Was Gobert convicted of a felony I'm not aware of?


Sorry I was focused on players to make salaries work, which is the bigger challenge.

Raps would add picks.

Apologies for being snarky but this is still crazy wishful thinking. Raptors are picking bottom 5 every draft. There isn't an amount of 1sts that late that would get this done.


I’m curious to see the market for gobert. He’s got one year left and they want him out. He doesn’t shoot and has been exposed in playoffs.

2022 unprotected first (might be top 10 pick). And the salaries above that match. As the foundation of the trade, depending on raptors FO confidence in resigning more picks definitely could be on the table.

I could be wrong but I don’t see teams Lining up to give up top 10 picks or amazing assets for one year of gobert.
Image
Lukeem
Veteran
Posts: 2,855
And1: 2,275
Joined: Aug 02, 2012

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1080 » by Lukeem » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:14 pm

Zeno wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
Zeno wrote:Was Gobert convicted of a felony I'm not aware of?


Sorry I was focused on players to make salaries work, which is the bigger challenge.

Raps would add picks.

Apologies for being snarky but this is still crazy wishful thinking. Raptors are picking bottom 5 every draft. There isn't an amount of 1sts that late that would get this done.


Powell
Johnson
McCaw
Dewan
2020 first
2022 unprotected first
2021 second
Image

Return to Toronto Raptors