ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

Kris_Banks
Ballboy
Posts: 28
And1: 5
Joined: Aug 16, 2020
   

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1161 » by Kris_Banks » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:18 pm

Is in this article it says the Raptors need to sign VanVleet to no more then a four year 80 million dollar contract or they won't have max cap space for the 2021 offseason.
Link: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259934/Raptors-Need-Fred-VanVleet-Contract-Below-$80M-Over-Four-Years-To-Keep-Max-Slot-For-2021

I think he's worth it, but I wonder if teams like the Knicks and Pistons offer him more then that, I would if I was them. It looks like it'll be an interesting off season for the Raptors. I'd personally match any offer for Fred VanVleet and worry about moving salary later if you think you need to upgrade via free agency.
"Friends don't send friends to CAMH"
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 11,283
And1: 9,484
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1162 » by Zeno » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Kris_Banks wrote:Is in this article it says the Raptors need to sign VanVleet to no more then a four year 80 million dollar contract or they won't have max cap space for the 2021 offseason.
Link: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259934/Raptors-Need-Fred-VanVleet-Contract-Below-$80M-Over-Four-Years-To-Keep-Max-Slot-For-2021

I think he's worth it, but I wonder if teams like the Knicks and Pistons offer him more then that, I would if I was them. It looks like it'll be an interesting off season for the Raptors. I'd personally match any offer for Fred VanVleet and worry about moving salary later if you think you need to upgrade via free agency.

Yeah, I don’t think this is an issue since we could just trade Norm and do some stuff around the edges like not picking up Dewan’s option etc.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
JustWin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,305
And1: 1,792
Joined: Oct 07, 2012
 

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1163 » by JustWin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Do we know when FA starts?
User avatar
fbalmeida
Analyst
Posts: 3,585
And1: 4,553
Joined: Jul 03, 2019
Location: Braga, Portugal
         

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1164 » by fbalmeida » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Fred is likely to re-sign somewhere around the 20-22 M per year mark, keeping the 2021 max slot intact.

While I think 18-19 M is a decent conversation starter, I think the Raptors should consider going up to 24 M, if needed, to keep him.

My rationale is that If one tries to map out what our roster could look like in 2021 and onward, if we don't sign Fred, his importance becomes very clear roster-wise. If he leaves, we're left with the challenge of having Lowry turn over the team to Davis in 2021, as a potential starting PG. That's far from being the ideal scenario for both Davis and the Raptors. The ideal is Davis as our starting combo guard at the 2 spot, with Fred at point. We can lock in Fred, if needed, at 24 M, and move Powell's contract to move up in this year's draft, closing out the roster with picks and undrafted if needed. Fred, along with Siakam and OG, is a corner stone of our future.
Image
douggood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,280
And1: 1,027
Joined: Jun 13, 2001

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1165 » by douggood » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:35 pm

JustWin wrote:Do we know when FA starts?

transaction window (for trades) will probably open a few days before the draft (nov 18).

free agency wont open until they have agreed to a new CBA. that might even happen after the draft, so there is no timeline free agency yet. if they agree to it by end of oct, because they pushed deadline till then (3rd time they have moved it), then you can expect a dec 1st free agency opening.
pr0gr4m
Junior
Posts: 340
And1: 198
Joined: Jun 15, 2020

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1166 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Zeno wrote:
Kris_Banks wrote:Is in this article it says the Raptors need to sign VanVleet to no more then a four year 80 million dollar contract or they won't have max cap space for the 2021 offseason.
Link: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259934/Raptors-Need-Fred-VanVleet-Contract-Below-$80M-Over-Four-Years-To-Keep-Max-Slot-For-2021

I think he's worth it, but I wonder if teams like the Knicks and Pistons offer him more then that, I would if I was them. It looks like it'll be an interesting off season for the Raptors. I'd personally match any offer for Fred VanVleet and worry about moving salary later if you think you need to upgrade via free agency.

Yeah, I don’t think this is an issue since we could just trade Norm and do some stuff around the edges like not picking up Dewan’s option etc.

I would rather have Norman at 20 million than FVV. My hope is we retain Fred and then trade him later. I would guess the pick this draft may be intended to replace him or Ibaka/Gasol.

It's going to be a "contract" year for Powell so I would predict he puts up the best numbers of his career next season. If he's a start getting 30-32 minutes per game with a higher usage than last season. I would guess he puts up 20/5/2 on 55 TS%. But he could put up 25/5/2 if he can continue finishing at a Joel Embiid rate that he has been.

He finished 73% of his attempts inside 4 feet which also made up a third of his shots. That's Embiid level from a shooting guard. It would probably be attributed to his huge wingspan (6-11) at 6-4/
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 9,135
And1: 6,229
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1167 » by Psubs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:13 pm

fbalmeida wrote:Fred is likely to re-sign somewhere around the 20-22 M per year mark, keeping the 2021 max slot intact.

While I think 18-19 M is a decent conversation starter, I think the Raptors should consider going up to 24 M, if needed, to keep him.

My rationale is that If one tries to map out what our roster could look like in 2021 and onward, if we don't sign Fred, his importance becomes very clear roster-wise. If he leaves, we're left with the challenge of having Lowry turn over the team to Davis in 2021, as a potential starting PG. That's far from being the ideal scenario for both Davis and the Raptors. The ideal is Davis as our starting combo guard at the 2 spot, with Fred at point. We can lock in Fred, if needed, at 24 M, and move Powell's contract to move up in this year's draft, closing out the roster with picks and undrafted if needed. Fred, along with Siakam and OG, is a corner stone of our future.


I think Fred should take a shorter than 4 year contract with a player option to get his next contract at age 27. So 2 years with player option. With the player option he takes slightly less for the flexibility to keep betting on himself. He knows he'll start and can evenutally take over for Lowry.

20-18-20(PO)
Image
Image
pr0gr4m
Junior
Posts: 340
And1: 198
Joined: Jun 15, 2020

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1168 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 pm

What about a 1 year tank or "developmental" year?

From the GB and T&T board I am getting feedback that Powell and Lowry could be turned into first round picks this draft without taking on bad contracts. The only way we can succeed even with Giannis is finding an all-star level shot creator.

I would take on a few projects with this draft class and see how far they can come along over the next season. If we land Giannis we would be in a win-now position with multiple prospects, OG, Davis, Siakam, and a lottery pick as assets to find a creator. We would also have another max slot to find someone to play with Giannis like Oladipo.

I would look at drafting:

Theo Maledon
Jayden McDaniels
Paul Reed
Cassius Winston

I would let FVV, Ibaka, and Gasol walk and sign stop gap vets at center and point guard for the following season. Essentially tanking with the following:

<Center> / Reed
Siakam / McDaniels
OG / Watson
Davis / Thomas
Maledon / Winston

It would result in a top 5 pick, and 2 max slots.

Gobert / Reed
Siakam / McDaniels
OG / McDaniels
Oladipo / Davis
Cunningham / Maledon / Winston

The hope would be that we have 3 all stars with our maxes. Then one our prospects can also develop into an all star level talent to create a super team. I would hope that FVV, Ibaka, etc could be re-signed and turned into 2022 picks but I feel we will be outbidded and rather than overpaying take a year off to retool may be a good idea especially considering our biggest need is star talent.
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 9,135
And1: 6,229
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1169 » by Psubs » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:16 am

pr0gr4m wrote:What about a 1 year tank or "developmental" year?

From the GB and T&T board I am getting feedback that Powell and Lowry could be turned into first round picks this draft without taking on bad contracts. The only way we can succeed even with Giannis is finding an all-star level shot creator.

I would take on a few projects with this draft class and see how far they can come along over the next season. If we land Giannis we would be in a win-now position with multiple prospects, OG, Davis, Siakam, and a lottery pick as assets to find a creator. We would also have another max slot to find someone to play with Giannis like Oladipo.

I would look at drafting:

Theo Maledon
Jayden McDaniels
Paul Reed
Cassius Winston

I would let FVV, Ibaka, and Gasol walk and sign stop gap vets at center and point guard for the following season. Essentially tanking with the following:

<Center> / Reed
Siakam / McDaniels
OG / Watson
Davis / Thomas
Maledon / Winston

It would result in a top 5 pick, and 2 max slots.

Gobert / Reed
Siakam / McDaniels
OG / McDaniels
Oladipo / Davis
Cunningham / Maledon / Winston

The hope would be that we have 3 all stars with our maxes. Then one our prospects can also develop into an all star level talent to create a super team. I would hope that FVV, Ibaka, etc could be re-signed and turned into 2022 picks but I feel we will be outbidded and rather than overpaying take a year off to retool may be a good idea especially considering our biggest need is star talent.


The Process North Edition! Would flip FVV and Ibaka for 2021 1st picks.
Image
Image
nabbs
RealGM
Posts: 10,087
And1: 19,210
Joined: Jul 05, 2013
Location: Whiteby
 

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1170 » by nabbs » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 am

Psubs wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:What about a 1 year tank or "developmental" year?

From the GB and T&T board I am getting feedback that Powell and Lowry could be turned into first round picks this draft without taking on bad contracts. The only way we can succeed even with Giannis is finding an all-star level shot creator.

I would take on a few projects with this draft class and see how far they can come along over the next season. If we land Giannis we would be in a win-now position with multiple prospects, OG, Davis, Siakam, and a lottery pick as assets to find a creator. We would also have another max slot to find someone to play with Giannis like Oladipo.

I would look at drafting:

Theo Maledon
Jayden McDaniels
Paul Reed
Cassius Winston

I would let FVV, Ibaka, and Gasol walk and sign stop gap vets at center and point guard for the following season. Essentially tanking with the following:

<Center> / Reed
Siakam / McDaniels
OG / Watson
Davis / Thomas
Maledon / Winston

It would result in a top 5 pick, and 2 max slots.

Gobert / Reed
Siakam / McDaniels
OG / McDaniels
Oladipo / Davis
Cunningham / Maledon / Winston

The hope would be that we have 3 all stars with our maxes. Then one our prospects can also develop into an all star level talent to create a super team. I would hope that FVV, Ibaka, etc could be re-signed and turned into 2022 picks but I feel we will be outbidded and rather than overpaying take a year off to retool may be a good idea especially considering our biggest need is star talent.


The Process North Edition! Would flip FVV and Ibaka for 2021 1st picks.


Maledon is worth trading up for but none of those other guys are imo. Maledon turns 20 next June and he has legitimate point guard skills and can step in and be a creator on day 1 imo.

That's the guy I think Masai likes. Also guys let's not have Fred walking in any free agency plans. It's not happening
Image

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
User avatar
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
Posts: 12,254
And1: 11,796
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
     

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1171 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:17 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Kris_Banks wrote:Is in this article it says the Raptors need to sign VanVleet to no more then a four year 80 million dollar contract or they won't have max cap space for the 2021 offseason.
Link: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259934/Raptors-Need-Fred-VanVleet-Contract-Below-$80M-Over-Four-Years-To-Keep-Max-Slot-For-2021

I think he's worth it, but I wonder if teams like the Knicks and Pistons offer him more then that, I would if I was them. It looks like it'll be an interesting off season for the Raptors. I'd personally match any offer for Fred VanVleet and worry about moving salary later if you think you need to upgrade via free agency.

Yeah, I don’t think this is an issue since we could just trade Norm and do some stuff around the edges like not picking up Dewan’s option etc.

I would rather have Norman at 20 million than FVV. My hope is we retain Fred and then trade him later. I would guess the pick this draft may be intended to replace him or Ibaka/Gasol.

It's going to be a "contract" year for Powell so I would predict he puts up the best numbers of his career next season. If he's a start getting 30-32 minutes per game with a higher usage than last season. I would guess he puts up 20/5/2 on 55 TS%. But he could put up 25/5/2 if he can continue finishing at a Joel Embiid rate that he has been.

He finished 73% of his attempts inside 4 feet which also made up a third of his shots. That's Embiid level from a shooting guard. It would probably be attributed to his huge wingspan (6-11) at 6-4/


Norm is a better overall player than FVV. yes. comes with height, length, elite athleticism, scoring prowess from all over the floor - can finish at the rim and shoot 3s at an elite rate. FVV is definitely a better floor general for the most part though and is being groomed to be Lowry's replacement.

both players are different and with Lowry hitting FA or being traded in the end, Raptors don't have an immediate replacement for Lowry other than FVV. Norm has a acceptable replacement in TD3 though.
User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,377
And1: 6,121
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1172 » by ash_k » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:45 am

I don't believe it for one second that Milwaukee will take any chances in losing Giannis for nothing. (either he signs or trade).
Giannis says No to Milwaukee and says trade me to Masai:

Trade 1
to Milw : Siakam + OG + TD + 2x 1st RD pick
to Raps: Giannis
Trade 2
To Phil: Kyle
To GSW: Horford
to Raps: Wiggins

PG FVV
SG Norm
SF Wiggins
PF Giannis
C Gasol

Keep Ibaka. Best defense in the league and offensively it would give us much more firepower with the talent of Wiggins as the 2nd option..FVV as the natural 3rd option ..both FVV&Norm shoot 40% from 3.

Miami can offer Milw: Bam + Herro + Nunn+ Duncan Robinson+ Pick
GSW can offer Milw: Wiggins + 2nd pick + Paschall + Chriss
Are those two packages better than Siakam + OG + TD + 2x 1st RD pick ?

The barometer is the Pelicans package of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and multiple first-round picks
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
Posts: 7,802
And1: 7,467
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1173 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:34 am

If I'm Milwaukee, I'm taking a Pascal deal + OG + picks and RUNNING.

You get a star in Siakam and a 3+ D wing in OG to go with Middleton. Enough assets to flip Bledsoe to get a guard like Jrue.

Problem is for us, we don't have a clear cut secondary scorer and Giannis + Siakam looks like hot trash in the making.
baller16
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,752
And1: 8,966
Joined: Feb 23, 2016
 

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1174 » by baller16 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:21 am

ash_k wrote:I don't believe it for one second that Milwaukee will take any chances in losing Giannis for nothing. (either he signs or trade).
Giannis says No to Milwaukee and says trade me to Masai:

Trade 1
to Milw : Siakam + OG + TD + 2x 1st RD pick
to Raps: Giannis
Trade 2
To Phil: Kyle
To GSW: Horford
to Raps: Wiggins

PG FVV
SG Norm
SF Wiggins
PF Giannis
C Gasol

Keep Ibaka. Best defense in the league and offensively it would give us much more firepower with the talent of Wiggins as the 2nd option..FVV as the natural 3rd option ..both FVV&Norm shoot 40% from 3.

Miami can offer Milw: Bam + Herro + Nunn+ Duncan Robinson+ Pick
GSW can offer Milw: Wiggins + 2nd pick + Paschall + Chriss
Are those two packages better than Siakam + OG + TD + 2x 1st RD pick ?

The barometer is the Pelicans package of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and multiple first-round picks


I don't even think Masai would do that trade. It would completely gut us and bring us back to square one. Bucks may get some team to massively overpay for a year of Giannis, but it won't be us imo
pr0gr4m
Junior
Posts: 340
And1: 198
Joined: Jun 15, 2020

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1175 » by pr0gr4m » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:26 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:
Zeno wrote:Yeah, I don’t think this is an issue since we could just trade Norm and do some stuff around the edges like not picking up Dewan’s option etc.

I would rather have Norman at 20 million than FVV. My hope is we retain Fred and then trade him later. I would guess the pick this draft may be intended to replace him or Ibaka/Gasol.

It's going to be a "contract" year for Powell so I would predict he puts up the best numbers of his career next season. If he's a start getting 30-32 minutes per game with a higher usage than last season. I would guess he puts up 20/5/2 on 55 TS%. But he could put up 25/5/2 if he can continue finishing at a Joel Embiid rate that he has been.

He finished 73% of his attempts inside 4 feet which also made up a third of his shots. That's Embiid level from a shooting guard. It would probably be attributed to his huge wingspan (6-11) at 6-4/


Norm is a better overall player than FVV. yes. comes with height, length, elite athleticism, scoring prowess from all over the floor - can finish at the rim and shoot 3s at an elite rate. FVV is definitely a better floor general for the most part though and is being groomed to be Lowry's replacement.

both players are different and with Lowry hitting FA or being traded in the end, Raptors don't have an immediate replacement for Lowry other than FVV. Norm has a acceptable replacement in TD3 though.

Would be best to just let FVV walk or low ball him for a 3 year deal with a PO. Lowry is definitely not getting traded unless it's to Philly or to play with DeMar in a retirement city. I would be pretty comfortable with Powell starting next year with Lowry. A guy like Cassius Winston could easily do what Fred does for us.
User avatar
fbalmeida
Analyst
Posts: 3,585
And1: 4,553
Joined: Jul 03, 2019
Location: Braga, Portugal
         

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1176 » by fbalmeida » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:51 am

You don't trade 25 year old 2-time MVPs.

It's not going to happen, ever, unless the team suffers a complete breakdown in chemistry mid-season.

So stop it.

Giannis will be meeting with the Cuban, Masai, and Riley in the summer of 2021.
Image
User avatar
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
Posts: 16,427
And1: 7,019
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1177 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:57 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:
Zeno wrote:Yeah, I don’t think this is an issue since we could just trade Norm and do some stuff around the edges like not picking up Dewan’s option etc.

I would rather have Norman at 20 million than FVV. My hope is we retain Fred and then trade him later. I would guess the pick this draft may be intended to replace him or Ibaka/Gasol.

It's going to be a "contract" year for Powell so I would predict he puts up the best numbers of his career next season. If he's a start getting 30-32 minutes per game with a higher usage than last season. I would guess he puts up 20/5/2 on 55 TS%. But he could put up 25/5/2 if he can continue finishing at a Joel Embiid rate that he has been.

He finished 73% of his attempts inside 4 feet which also made up a third of his shots. That's Embiid level from a shooting guard. It would probably be attributed to his huge wingspan (6-11) at 6-4/


Norm is a better overall player than FVV. yes. comes with height, length, elite athleticism, scoring prowess from all over the floor - can finish at the rim and shoot 3s at an elite rate. FVV is definitely a better floor general for the most part though and is being groomed to be Lowry's replacement.

both players are different and with Lowry hitting FA or being traded in the end, Raptors don't have an immediate replacement for Lowry other than FVV. Norm has a acceptable replacement in TD3 though.


How many title MVP votes from hall of fame legends did Norm get? Norm is a powerful downhill type of player but I have never seen him step into the key jump back out and drain a three in someone's face. Norm is a respectable spot up shooter but not exactly high volume off the dribble. Also Fred's steals and deflections are off the charts. Fred runs the team flawlessly when Lowry is on the shelf. Hard to get fair value trading Norm but he is the release financial pressure valve with a contract at 10 mil and an opt out next offseason. Norm to the Spurs for Paddy Mills expiring and the 41st would be my deal. Davis is right there to be the two off the bench. Mills is badly needed guard insurance who can shoot among other things. The money dictates Davis taking over Norm's role. Norm is waaaay better than TRoss and TRoss fetched Ibaka. Norm fetches signing flexibility, depth and prospect. Not a bad draft haul if we landed Zeke Nnaji and Karim Mane.
User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,377
And1: 6,121
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1178 » by ash_k » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:15 am

fbalmeida wrote:You don't trade 25 year old 2-time MVPs.

It's not going to happen, ever, unless the team suffers a complete breakdown in chemistry mid-season.

So stop it.

Giannis will be meeting with the Cuban, Masai, and Riley in the summer of 2021.

and if you are a franchise like Milwaukee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; you just cannot afford to lose a 25 year old 2-time MVP&DPOY for nothing.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
User avatar
fbalmeida
Analyst
Posts: 3,585
And1: 4,553
Joined: Jul 03, 2019
Location: Braga, Portugal
         

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1179 » by fbalmeida » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:19 pm

ash_k wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:You don't trade 25 year old 2-time MVPs.

It's not going to happen, ever, unless the team suffers a complete breakdown in chemistry mid-season.

So stop it.

Giannis will be meeting with the Cuban, Masai, and Riley in the summer of 2021.

and if you are a franchise like Milwaukee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; you just cannot afford to lose a 25 year old 2-time MVP&DPOY for nothing.


Which is precisely why they are going to try and re-sign him, if he seeks free agency, no matter what happens.
Image
User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,377
And1: 6,121
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1180 » by ash_k » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:42 pm

fbalmeida wrote:
ash_k wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:You don't trade 25 year old 2-time MVPs.

It's not going to happen, ever, unless the team suffers a complete breakdown in chemistry mid-season.

So stop it.

Giannis will be meeting with the Cuban, Masai, and Riley in the summer of 2021.

and if you are a franchise like Milwaukee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; you just cannot afford to lose a 25 year old 2-time MVP&DPOY for nothing.


Which is precisely why they are going to try and re-sign him, if he seeks free agency, no matter what happens.

Going back to my original premise/post: If Giannis does not sign the SuperMax/re-sign then he has to be traded.
Spoiler:
I don't believe it for one second that Milwaukee will take any chances in losing Giannis for nothing. (either he signs or trade).
Giannis says No to Milwaukee and says trade me to Masai:

Trade 1
to Milw : Siakam + OG + TD + 2x 1st RD pick
to Raps: Giannis
Trade 2
To Phil: Kyle
To GSW: Horford
to Raps: Wiggins

PG FVV
SG Norm
SF Wiggins
PF Giannis
C Gasol

Keep Ibaka. Best defense in the league and offensively it would give us much more firepower with the talent of Wiggins as the 2nd option..FVV as the natural 3rd option ..both FVV&Norm shoot 40% from 3.

Miami can offer Milw: Bam + Herro + Nunn+ Duncan Robinson+ Pick
GSW can offer Milw: Wiggins + 2nd pick + Paschall + Chriss
Are those two packages better than Siakam + OG + TD + 2x 1st RD pick ?

The barometer is the Pelicans package of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and multiple first-round picks
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.

Return to Toronto Raptors