ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, niQ, Rhettmatic, Patman, pbj, Alfred

bballsparkin
Head Coach
Posts: 6,940
And1: 5,636
Joined: Mar 03, 2009

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2741 » by bballsparkin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:43 am

ash_k wrote:whenever you get the time, go back 20 years and will see that the only team that might be just as bad is that first Lebron team with Pavlocic, Gibson, Zydrunas (but then again back LeBron was pretty much 3 players-in-1 now he is 'only' 2).

Anything is possible in this bubble, but those 4-1 & 4-1 tell me that LeBron and AD will have no issues against Denver. Though I cant quite see who can guard Jamal on that Lakers roster.
If Murray goes off again, I expect the Lakers to do what Utah didn't; press Murray into the shotblockers (AD, McGhee, D12).
Miami vs Denver finals???!!! Please no!


Bam and Jimmy is pretty damn good. Then you have the surprising play of the rookies. Dragic, Kelly etc. And well coached.

Going back 20 years. Well obviously us and then it's LeBron time. Those Celtic champs were damn good. First team that stands out is the 2009 Orlando team which was not that impressive. They got their asses handed to them. Then the Cleveland team you mentioned in 2007. They got swept. 2003 Nets is decent I suppose. Still kinda weak. They got swept the year prior by the Lakers.

I think you're not giving the Heat credit. How weak they are, or the Celtics are, will be judged in the finals. I would love a Miami vs Denver finals lol
User avatar
scopy
General Manager
Posts: 7,584
And1: 16,256
Joined: Aug 06, 2009
Location: #JVCREW4LIFE #TEAMPINAPPLE4LIFE
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2742 » by scopy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 pm

ash_k wrote:
scopy wrote:
ash_k wrote:dont know what to say about Jamal going for 40 on a game 7 against elite defenders and a pest like Beverley.
He has to be in the TOP20 conversation now. damn I wanted LeBron vs Kawhi, but F U Balmer, Frank and overrated Rivers. LeBron does not get upset too many times. Lakers are headed to the NBA Finals.

Then you got Miami and the worst roster in 20+ years (No doubt about it) to make the Eastern Conf Finals..now 9-1 in the playoffs!!!!!!!

The bubble thing has been a total success nevertheless.


I think the Nuggets have a shot vs the Lakers.
Lakers in 6 is the most probable outcome, but these Nuggets are on some kind of run.

Not sure about the Heat having the worst roster in 20 years to make the ECF. I mean I havent reviewed every roster going back 20 years, however, this Heat team is very well put together with some seriously talented young players. Tyler Herro and Dragic are under rated I think.

And although their roster isnt that flashy, they played amazing defence against the Celtics last night.

whenever you get the time, go back 20 years and will see that the only team that might be just as bad is that first Lebron team with Pavlocic, Gibson, Zydrunas (but then again back LeBron was pretty much 3 players-in-1 now he is 'only' 2).

Anything is possible in this bubble, but those 4-1 & 4-1 tell me that LeBron and AD will have no issues against Denver. Though I cant quite see who can guard Jamal on that Lakers roster.
If Murray goes off again, I expect the Lakers to do what Utah didn't; press Murray into the shotblockers (AD, McGhee, D12).
Miami vs Denver finals???!!! Please no!


lol I would love a Denver vs Miami final.

Bubble ball is the most objective type of basketball.
Image
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,045
And1: 5,914
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2743 » by ash_k » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:36 pm

bballsparkin wrote:
ash_k wrote:whenever you get the time, go back 20 years and will see that the only team that might be just as bad is that first Lebron team with Pavlocic, Gibson, Zydrunas (but then again back LeBron was pretty much 3 players-in-1 now he is 'only' 2).

Anything is possible in this bubble, but those 4-1 & 4-1 tell me that LeBron and AD will have no issues against Denver. Though I cant quite see who can guard Jamal on that Lakers roster.
If Murray goes off again, I expect the Lakers to do what Utah didn't; press Murray into the shotblockers (AD, McGhee, D12).
Miami vs Denver finals???!!! Please no!


Bam and Jimmy is pretty damn good. Then you have the surprising play of the rookies. Dragic, Kelly etc. And well coached.

Going back 20 years. Well obviously us and then it's LeBron time. Those Celtic champs were damn good. First team that stands out is the 2009 Orlando team which was not that impressive. They got their asses handed to them. Then the Cleveland team you mentioned in 2007. They got swept. 2003 Nets is decent I suppose. Still kinda weak. They got swept the year prior by the Lakers.

I think you're not giving the Heat credit. How weak they are, or the Celtics are, will be judged in the finals. I would love a Miami vs Denver finals lol

Miami was one game away from being 6th seed! It starts there. Butler is a known commodity, he is not a toptier player, he is a very good player. Same with Dragic, Crowder, they are known commodities, we have seen them, those guys are Tier4&5 players. Dragic is clearly limping on that leg and still manages to score (teams in bubble playoffs have just underperformed against Miami).

Bam is much improved no doubt 17ppg/12rbg/5apg but he is still very much unproven at the highest level, plus this is not the regular playoffs environment. Under regular conditions Duncan Robinson, Ken Nunn and Herro would be considered scrubs in their first playoffs (like Wanamaker&Ojeleye). It is rare that those kind of players are successful in their first playoff attempt making shots. Use last season's Joe Harris as an example. i still cant believe some of the important shots both Wanamaker&Ojeleye made against us)
All those teams you have listed would beat this Miami team, even our Raps beat Miami with a Prime Dragic and still a 20-point scorer Wade.
[quote="Sinant"]I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,045
And1: 5,914
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2744 » by ash_k » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm

scopy wrote:
ash_k wrote:
scopy wrote:
I think the Nuggets have a shot vs the Lakers.
Lakers in 6 is the most probable outcome, but these Nuggets are on some kind of run.

Not sure about the Heat having the worst roster in 20 years to make the ECF. I mean I havent reviewed every roster going back 20 years, however, this Heat team is very well put together with some seriously talented young players. Tyler Herro and Dragic are under rated I think.

And although their roster isnt that flashy, they played amazing defence against the Celtics last night.

whenever you get the time, go back 20 years and will see that the only team that might be just as bad is that first Lebron team with Pavlocic, Gibson, Zydrunas (but then again back LeBron was pretty much 3 players-in-1 now he is 'only' 2).

Anything is possible in this bubble, but those 4-1 & 4-1 tell me that LeBron and AD will have no issues against Denver. Though I cant quite see who can guard Jamal on that Lakers roster.
If Murray goes off again, I expect the Lakers to do what Utah didn't; press Murray into the shotblockers (AD, McGhee, D12).
Miami vs Denver finals???!!! Please no!


lol I would love a Denver vs Miami final.

Bubble ball is the most objective type of basketball.

Murray+Jokic vs Butler&Bam (Herro+Duncan Robinson+Nunn) no THANK YOU that would almost be like like a Euroleague finals! Knowing it was supposed to be LeBron vs Kawhi then LeBron/Kawhi vs Giannis or Tatum/Brown/Kemba. Let's still have some big boyz in there please.
The bubble has clearly affected teams and players differently.
[quote="Sinant"]I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
bballsparkin
Head Coach
Posts: 6,940
And1: 5,636
Joined: Mar 03, 2009

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2745 » by bballsparkin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:01 pm

ash_k wrote:Miami was one game away from being 6th seed! It starts there. Butler is a known commodity, he is not a toptier player, he is a very good player. Same with Dragic, Crowder, they are known commodities, we have seen them, those guys are Tier4&5 players. Dragic is clearly limping on that leg and still manages to score (teams in bubble playoffs have just underperformed against Miami).

Bam is much improved no doubt 17ppg/12rbg/5apg but he is still very much unproven at the highest level, plus this is not the regular playoffs environment. Under regular conditions Duncan Robinson, Ken Nunn and Herro would be considered scrubs in their first playoffs (like Wanamaker&Ojeleye). It is rare that those kind of players are successful in their first playoff attempt making shots. Use last season's Joe Harris as an example. i still cant believe some of the important shots both Wanamaker&Ojeleye made against us)
All those teams you have listed would beat this Miami team, even our Raps beat Miami with a Prime Dragic and still a 20-point scorer Wade.


Reputations are made in the playoffs. Known commodities are a good thing in the playoffs. And Jimmy can get hot. To me Herro and especially Bam would be the deciding factors. Herro came out balling all year. If he was a Raptor we would have posters jizzin themselves. Joe Harris doesn't hustle and play D like Herro.

Those teams I have listed likely would have beat Miami. Perhaps. They did make it to the finals after all.
User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,045
And1: 5,914
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2746 » by ash_k » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Boston C have beaten the Champs in 7 games. They deserve to go to the NBA Finals. While the Heat have beaten two teams playing without their best player.
I am all in to resume Lakers - Celtics :-? . Anyway, let's be honest "Congratulations, LeBron, you are NBA bubble Champion"

Dragic-Duncan Robinson-Crowder-Butler-Adebayo, I mean look at that starting 5??!!
[quote="Sinant"]I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
JustWin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,279
And1: 1,765
Joined: Oct 07, 2012
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2747 » by JustWin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:20 pm

Crowder has made me eat soooo much crow so far... I thought he was done as a player, he's been solid for Miami!
User avatar
720
RealGM
Posts: 19,453
And1: 45,885
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Mississauga
     

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2748 » by 720 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:26 pm

When the refs don't coddle the Celtikkks theyre a very average team.
Image
User avatar
Syd-TK3
General Manager
Posts: 9,491
And1: 9,681
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2749 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:28 pm

720 wrote:When the refs don't coddle the Celtikkks theyre a very average team.

Kemba got that flop called a charge everytime against us but nope not against Jimmy
Image
User avatar
TRik
Junior
Posts: 433
And1: 392
Joined: Aug 19, 2020
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2750 » by TRik » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 pm

looks like we got another good game on our hands
User avatar
TheRealDeal
General Manager
Posts: 9,778
And1: 9,470
Joined: Nov 17, 2004
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2751 » by TheRealDeal » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:55 pm

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I wouldn’t hate seeing Brooklyn put it together and win it all so Nash can get his ring
User avatar
Syd-TK3
General Manager
Posts: 9,491
And1: 9,681
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2752 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:57 pm

Just goes to show you how important matchups are
We killed kanter
Image
User avatar
LJKO
RealGM
Posts: 11,336
And1: 13,895
Joined: Dec 20, 2014
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2753 » by LJKO » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:01 am

Why am I not worried even thou heats are down 12-13pts?
User avatar
720
RealGM
Posts: 19,453
And1: 45,885
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Mississauga
     

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2754 » by 720 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:04 am

Watching these two mid ass teams just further emphasizes we really was a couple possessions away from the finals if Siakam just woke up.
Image
Bank Shot
RealGM
Posts: 12,991
And1: 6,926
Joined: Jun 24, 2007
Location: NYC

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2755 » by Bank Shot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:06 am

I'm not sure if it's an age thing, but Jimmy disappears for quarters at a time.
2019-2020 TOP 150, SLEEPERS, PROJECTIONS, AND PUNTING GUIDES NOW UP!!!
For Rankings, Sleepers, and Team Building advice visit:

http://www.EliteFantasyBasketball.com
User avatar
LJKO
RealGM
Posts: 11,336
And1: 13,895
Joined: Dec 20, 2014
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2756 » by LJKO » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:28 am

Tragic Flop
User avatar
NUCKER101
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,615
And1: 10,324
Joined: Oct 31, 2013
   

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2757 » by NUCKER101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:43 am

Boston fans said Nurse complained too much and yet Tatum thinks he gets fouled on every play. It’s annoying af to watch
We the Champs
User avatar
LJKO
RealGM
Posts: 11,336
And1: 13,895
Joined: Dec 20, 2014
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2758 » by LJKO » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:01 am

If only Pascal was playing his inside game like how BAM is destroying them. We'd be facing the heats right now smh
User avatar
720
RealGM
Posts: 19,453
And1: 45,885
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Mississauga
     

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2759 » by 720 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:03 am

LETS GO HEAT!!! **** THE CELTIKKKS!
Image
User avatar
Young_Buc
General Manager
Posts: 8,951
And1: 8,256
Joined: Aug 26, 2003
Location: Puff Daddy's House
   

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#2760 » by Young_Buc » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:03 am

Celtics look mentally weak against the tough heat
Image

Return to Toronto Raptors