ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 65 | Los Angeles Lakers (49-14) @ Toronto Raptors (46-18) | August 1st, 8:30 pm | ESPN

Moderators: niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic

Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 14,985

Re: GT: Game 65 | Los Angeles Lakers (49-14) @ Toronto Raptors (46-18) | August 1st, 8:30 pm | ESPN 

Post#281 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

bape_lovers wrote:Trudeau will never allow that to happen, even then, don't think its safe to bring that many Americans here

scopy wrote:They should have chosen Toronto. Probably has the lowest rate of COVID vs any state.

Plus wearing a mask here probably isn't as political as it is in the US.

Imagine Toronto being the host for the NHL, and MLB teams coming in and out from the USA just to play baseball games in the Skydome.

At the same time.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 12,023

Re: GT: Game 65 | Los Angeles Lakers (49-14) @ Toronto Raptors (46-18) | August 1st, 8:30 pm | ESPN 

Post#282 » by RaptorsNorth » Yesterday 1:21 pm

How are games without fans going to look ?

Now you can hear everything the coaches scream and all the sh.. talking between the players. You might even hear when Serge lands that big right on somebodies chin :lol:

ImageImageImage
Woj Kyle "Stargazer" Lowry named CEO of Brick Bro's brand and Big Fat Burritos

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
nikster
Head Coach
And1: 4,982

Post#283 » by nikster » Today 1:10 pm

Bankai wrote:
720 wrote:
Bankai wrote:The Virus is getting out of control in Florida. As a Raptor Fan, I want the Raptors to boycott the NBA restart and get out of there. This is like sending our beloved Raptors off to War when they dont have to. Just bring them back, screw this Season.

Bro chill. lol

We need nba action. Those guys will be fine.

Maybe you do in your dull life, but I see no benefit in trying to salvage this season, only unnecessary risks. I would've just waited to see of next season starts up like normal, and I would enjoy the NBA possibly back quickly as possible with a normal environment. Now we have to deal with possibly a clusterf*** of a Summer League NBA Season, that will also push the date back of next Season even further. I want the NBA back, but not like this.

The Raptors players are adults and can all make their own decisions. There is no repercussions to dropping these games other than not getting paid. The players want to play
nikster
Head Coach
And1: 4,982

Post#284 » by nikster » Today 1:14 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
720 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
I really think rushing back to play TV studio basketball borders on reality TV. I agree w the poster. See ya next season just like a labour stoppage. Do not risk players health. Somebody could get permanently damaged.

Regular folks are going to work. My father has been working non stop because he counts as an essential worker and my mother has been called back to work for over a month. Some of my friends fall under the same boat. I don’t see how having NBA players in a bubble which should be safer than just being outside is that bad.

If one of us regular folks gets sick, we don't show up to work and quarantine for 14 days. If an NBA player gets sick, he may potentially infect other players who may in turn get sick. Sick NBA Player A must quarantine and more than likely will be ineligible for the rest of the season. I'm sure you can appreciate how quickly this can turn into a messy situation, right? In the Russian Premier League, one of the teams a week ago had to field a team full of 16 year olds because their main team all had to be quarantined. Imagine if 3 guys break curfew, get sick, then infect their teammates in a practice. Wtf then? lol.

So again the exact same thing happens to regular folk as players. You have symptoms? Isolate and get tested and test all your coworkers. Except the players coworkers are already getting tested every single day. Also the players have a benefit the rest of us do not, they can choose to skip the season if they don't feel safe and still have a job too come back to.

Russian premier league is not in a bubble
rocky_da_best
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,250

Post#285 » by rocky_da_best » Today 1:36 pm

nikster wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
720 wrote:Regular folks are going to work. My father has been working non stop because he counts as an essential worker and my mother has been called back to work for over a month. Some of my friends fall under the same boat. I don’t see how having NBA players in a bubble which should be safer than just being outside is that bad.

If one of us regular folks gets sick, we don't show up to work and quarantine for 14 days. If an NBA player gets sick, he may potentially infect other players who may in turn get sick. Sick NBA Player A must quarantine and more than likely will be ineligible for the rest of the season. I'm sure you can appreciate how quickly this can turn into a messy situation, right? In the Russian Premier League, one of the teams a week ago had to field a team full of 16 year olds because their main team all had to be quarantined. Imagine if 3 guys break curfew, get sick, then infect their teammates in a practice. Wtf then? lol.

So again the exact same thing happens to regular folk as players. You have symptoms? Isolate and get tested and test all your coworkers. Except the players coworkers are already getting tested every single day. Also the players have a benefit the rest of us do not, they can choose to skip the season if they don't feel safe and still have a job too come back to.

Russian premier league is not in a bubble

Neither is the NBA.

I bolded the important part of my initial response. If half a team gets sick they just forfeit? That sounds great for competition. :roll: Some of you dont get it. It's fine.

Return to Toronto Raptors