ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break

Moderators: niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic

User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 7,603
And1: 5,560
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#261 » by Psubs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:25 am

HangTime wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned Community, at least the first 3 seasons. It's on Netflix now, it was way underrated, even when it started back in 2009.


I watched it all in like a week. :nod: I heard they are finally getting to a possible movie.

So I watched Madmen 1st and Alison Brie did both at the same time. I came across a show called Love and it's kind of like Britta (Gillian Jacobs) after community but with a crazier past. It's by Judd Apatow so Rom/Com but with sex.
Image
Image
howlin mad axer
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,926
And1: 1,314
Joined: May 30, 2018
Location: Gothamilton
         

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#262 » by howlin mad axer » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Psubs wrote:
HangTime wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned Community, at least the first 3 seasons. It's on Netflix now, it was way underrated, even when it started back in 2009.


I watched it all in like a week. :nod: I heard they are finally getting to a possible movie.

So I watched Madmen 1st and Alison Brie did both at the same time. I came across a show called Love and it's kind of like Britta (Gillian Jacobs) after community but with a crazier past. It's by Judd Apatow so Rom/Com but with sex.


The highlight of Community is this:

User avatar
scopy
Head Coach
Posts: 7,379
And1: 16,083
Joined: Aug 06, 2009
Location: #JVCREW4LIFE #TEAMPINAPPLE4LIFE
 

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#263 » by scopy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:43 am

GordanFreeman wrote:I just finished binge watching Ozark. Solid 8.5/10 from me. The acting is what really makes the show great. Tom Pelphrey’s portrayal of someone with bipolar disorder was mind blowing. His taxi scene at the beginning of episode 9 and his scenes with his sister were heartbreaking. He definitely deserves an Emmy for his role as Ben.
I watched a few episodes of Money heist and didn't enjoy it enough to keep watching till the end. I think I'll rewatch Breaking Bad.


Completely agree. While season 1 and 2 were okay, season 3 is the best yet. Pelphrey was very good.

Season 3 had lots of great performances, this was Laura Linney's best season.
I enjoyed the character development of Ruth Langmore and Buddy steals every scene he is in.

Jason Bateman is like Seinfeld right now, the worst actor in the show lol.
Image
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
User avatar
WuTang_OG
Head Coach
Posts: 6,402
And1: 11,741
Joined: Sep 26, 2017
 

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#264 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:10 am

Lets do another prequel with Lalo Salamanca! and keep this show going
User avatar
SFour
RealGM
Posts: 26,445
And1: 41,071
Joined: Apr 07, 2012
   

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#265 » by SFour » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:34 am

this isn't a tv show but it's worth watching...use critical thinking, don't believe everything, but don't dismiss everything as well.

Image
User avatar
GordanFreeman
Analyst
Posts: 3,697
And1: 4,453
Joined: Mar 27, 2018
       

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#266 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:11 am

Re-watched True detective season 1. It's gooood. Superb plot, directing and acting. Matthew McConaughey’ performance is sublime. Dude wasted his prime doing crappy rom-coms smh.
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 7,603
And1: 5,560
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#267 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:00 am

howlin mad axer wrote:
Psubs wrote:
HangTime wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned Community, at least the first 3 seasons. It's on Netflix now, it was way underrated, even when it started back in 2009.


I watched it all in like a week. :nod: I heard they are finally getting to a possible movie.

So I watched Madmen 1st and Alison Brie did both at the same time. I came across a show called Love and it's kind of like Britta (Gillian Jacobs) after community but with a crazier past. It's by Judd Apatow so Rom/Com but with sex.


The highlight of Community is this:



:thumbsup:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SocialistHipHop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 992
And1: 1,346
Joined: Apr 12, 2014
     

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#268 » by SocialistHipHop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:40 am

Just finished Season 3 of Madmen,p, absolutely loved the story arc that started in Season 1 and culminated in be Season 3 finale. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the quality of the show tails off in the later seasons. Does anyone know when the story telling begins to take a bit of a dive? Is there one or two long term story arcs left after Season 3?
Image
Banner Credit: TurboZone; Avatar Credit: MkDon

http://www.youtube.com/socialisthiphop
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 7,603
And1: 5,560
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#269 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:27 pm

SocialistHipHop wrote:Just finished Season 3 of Madmen,p, absolutely loved the story arc that started in Season 1 and culminated in be Season 3 finale. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the quality of the show tails off in the later seasons. Does anyone know when the story telling begins to take a bit of a dive? Is there one or two long term story arcs left after Season 3?


Things start to deteriorate for some characters some get better. More like a rollercoaster and they start bringing back old characters to see what they're up to now / integrate them, like the world of advertising is small. Also there is some corporate movement like Suits. Mainly it's about Draper's journey and the people in his life and after so many seasons I started to like him less and liked other characters more.

It is great to see them tackle some race issues in the 60's and the female characters developing strength. Also all of the other major 60s events in history.
Image
Image
Yorkz
Junior
Posts: 255
And1: 84
Joined: Feb 22, 2004
Location: Making my stand on old bottles and cans.
 

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#270 » by Yorkz » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:32 pm

If you like British dramedy and are looking for something fun to watch with your partner, The Split fits the bill. Smart, engaging and just a little soapy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7631146/
User avatar
SocialistHipHop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 992
And1: 1,346
Joined: Apr 12, 2014
     

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#271 » by SocialistHipHop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Psubs wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:Just finished Season 3 of Madmen,p, absolutely loved the story arc that started in Season 1 and culminated in be Season 3 finale. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the quality of the show tails off in the later seasons. Does anyone know when the story telling begins to take a bit of a dive? Is there one or two long term story arcs left after Season 3?


Things start to deteriorate for some characters some get better. More like a rollercoaster and they start bringing back old characters to see what they're up to now / integrate them, like the world of advertising is small. Also there is some corporate movement like Suits. Mainly it's about Draper's journey and the people in his life and after so many seasons I started to like him less and liked other characters more.

It is great to see them tackle some race issues in the 60's and the female characters developing strength. Also all of the other major 60s events in history.


From what you’re saying, it sounds like I’d enjoy the final 4 seasons enough to not cut it short. I did already go through 3 seasons in two weeks, lol.
Image
Banner Credit: TurboZone; Avatar Credit: MkDon

http://www.youtube.com/socialisthiphop
User avatar
pilkoids
Starter
Posts: 2,340
And1: 3,137
Joined: May 28, 2014

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#272 » by pilkoids » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:12 pm

SocialistHipHop wrote:
Psubs wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:Just finished Season 3 of Madmen,p, absolutely loved the story arc that started in Season 1 and culminated in be Season 3 finale. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the quality of the show tails off in the later seasons. Does anyone know when the story telling begins to take a bit of a dive? Is there one or two long term story arcs left after Season 3?


Things start to deteriorate for some characters some get better. More like a rollercoaster and they start bringing back old characters to see what they're up to now / integrate them, like the world of advertising is small. Also there is some corporate movement like Suits. Mainly it's about Draper's journey and the people in his life and after so many seasons I started to like him less and liked other characters more.

It is great to see them tackle some race issues in the 60's and the female characters developing strength. Also all of the other major 60s events in history.


From what you’re saying, it sounds like I’d enjoy the final 4 seasons enough to not cut it short. I did already go through 3 seasons in two weeks, lol.


I started it recently as well. If their depictions of what workplaces were like in the 50s is even 50% true its quite remarkable how much things have changed in 70 years
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 7,603
And1: 5,560
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#273 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:29 pm

SocialistHipHop wrote:
Psubs wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:Just finished Season 3 of Madmen,p, absolutely loved the story arc that started in Season 1 and culminated in be Season 3 finale. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the quality of the show tails off in the later seasons. Does anyone know when the story telling begins to take a bit of a dive? Is there one or two long term story arcs left after Season 3?


Things start to deteriorate for some characters some get better. More like a rollercoaster and they start bringing back old characters to see what they're up to now / integrate them, like the world of advertising is small. Also there is some corporate movement like Suits. Mainly it's about Draper's journey and the people in his life and after so many seasons I started to like him less and liked other characters more.

It is great to see them tackle some race issues in the 60's and the female characters developing strength. Also all of the other major 60s events in history.


From what you’re saying, it sounds like I’d enjoy the final 4 seasons enough to not cut it short. I did already go through 3 seasons in two weeks, lol.


Yes. There are so many great characters but some you'll just be like "oh gawd" and some new great characters and another totally new chapter. During the show, it made me want to smoke, drink, cheat and make witty advertisements, like I was really in those meetings. :lol:
Image
Image
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 7,603
And1: 5,560
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#274 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:35 pm

pilkoids wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Things start to deteriorate for some characters some get better. More like a rollercoaster and they start bringing back old characters to see what they're up to now / integrate them, like the world of advertising is small. Also there is some corporate movement like Suits. Mainly it's about Draper's journey and the people in his life and after so many seasons I started to like him less and liked other characters more.

It is great to see them tackle some race issues in the 60's and the female characters developing strength. Also all of the other major 60s events in history.


From what you’re saying, it sounds like I’d enjoy the final 4 seasons enough to not cut it short. I did already go through 3 seasons in two weeks, lol.


I started it recently as well. If their depictions of what workplaces were like in the 50s is even 50% true its quite remarkable how much things have changed in 70 years


Possibly life in Manhattan. You can see the change in Suits, where there's probably 10% the amount of affairs and women have slightly more power and rights. I like suits because there aren't as many shows about corporate law compared to those about criminal law. Though Suits deals with criminal law too but not the main focus.
Image
Image
User avatar
SocialistHipHop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 992
And1: 1,346
Joined: Apr 12, 2014
     

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#275 » by SocialistHipHop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Psubs wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Things start to deteriorate for some characters some get better. More like a rollercoaster and they start bringing back old characters to see what they're up to now / integrate them, like the world of advertising is small. Also there is some corporate movement like Suits. Mainly it's about Draper's journey and the people in his life and after so many seasons I started to like him less and liked other characters more.

It is great to see them tackle some race issues in the 60's and the female characters developing strength. Also all of the other major 60s events in history.


From what you’re saying, it sounds like I’d enjoy the final 4 seasons enough to not cut it short. I did already go through 3 seasons in two weeks, lol.


Yes. There are so many great characters but some you'll just be like "oh gawd" and some new great characters and another totally new chapter. During the show, it made me want to smoke, drink, cheat and make witty advertisements, like I was really in those meetings. :lol:


I was watching Season 3 this past weekend, and actually got a last minute ad writing project (not my typical freelance work, but definitely something I do once I’m a while) on Friday that was due this morning. I was writing the ad and in the back of my mind, I was like “I could’ve been Don Draper” lmao
Image
Banner Credit: TurboZone; Avatar Credit: MkDon

http://www.youtube.com/socialisthiphop
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 7,603
And1: 5,560
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#276 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:36 pm

SocialistHipHop wrote:
Psubs wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:
From what you’re saying, it sounds like I’d enjoy the final 4 seasons enough to not cut it short. I did already go through 3 seasons in two weeks, lol.


Yes. There are so many great characters but some you'll just be like "oh gawd" and some new great characters and another totally new chapter. During the show, it made me want to smoke, drink, cheat and make witty advertisements, like I was really in those meetings. :lol:


I was watching Season 3 this past weekend, and actually got a last minute ad writing project (not my typical freelance work, but definitely something I do once I’m a while) on Friday that was due this morning. I was writing the ad and in the back of my mind, I was like “I could’ve been Don Draper” lmao


:lol: :onfire: :beer: :spam:

Cheers! I'm eating Utz pork rinds. I had never heard of the brand before this year.

https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/utz-original-pork-rinds%2C-510-g-.product.100370600.html

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SocialistHipHop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 992
And1: 1,346
Joined: Apr 12, 2014
     

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#277 » by SocialistHipHop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Psubs wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Yes. There are so many great characters but some you'll just be like "oh gawd" and some new great characters and another totally new chapter. During the show, it made me want to smoke, drink, cheat and make witty advertisements, like I was really in those meetings. :lol:


I was watching Season 3 this past weekend, and actually got a last minute ad writing project (not my typical freelance work, but definitely something I do once I’m a while) on Friday that was due this morning. I was writing the ad and in the back of my mind, I was like “I could’ve been Don Draper” lmao


:lol: :onfire: :beer: :spam:

Cheers! I'm eating Utz pork rinds. I had never heard of the brand before this year.

https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/utz-original-pork-rinds%2C-510-g-.product.100370600.html

Image


OMG! That’s amazing!
Image
Banner Credit: TurboZone; Avatar Credit: MkDon

http://www.youtube.com/socialisthiphop
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 48,196
And1: 11,502
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#278 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:30 pm

SocialistHipHop wrote:Just finished Season 3 of Madmen,p, absolutely loved the story arc that started in Season 1 and culminated in be Season 3 finale. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the quality of the show tails off in the later seasons. Does anyone know when the story telling begins to take a bit of a dive? Is there one or two long term story arcs left after Season 3?


6 is usually considered the weak season. I thought they were spinning their wheels a bit before getting to the seventh and final season which is good. 4 and 5 are regularly considered two of their best.
Respect the police
Defend the police
F and defund the media

Hats off to the men and women willing to put their lives in danger to make ours safer
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 48,196
And1: 11,502
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#279 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Psubs wrote:
howlin mad axer wrote:
Psubs wrote:
I watched it all in like a week. :nod: I heard they are finally getting to a possible movie.

So I watched Madmen 1st and Alison Brie did both at the same time. I came across a show called Love and it's kind of like Britta (Gillian Jacobs) after community but with a crazier past. It's by Judd Apatow so Rom/Com but with sex.


The highlight of Community is this:



:thumbsup:

Image


Respect the police
Defend the police
F and defund the media

Hats off to the men and women willing to put their lives in danger to make ours safer
User avatar
SocialistHipHop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 992
And1: 1,346
Joined: Apr 12, 2014
     

Re: OT: TV Shows to Watch during the Break 

Post#280 » by SocialistHipHop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
SocialistHipHop wrote:Just finished Season 3 of Madmen,p, absolutely loved the story arc that started in Season 1 and culminated in be Season 3 finale. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the quality of the show tails off in the later seasons. Does anyone know when the story telling begins to take a bit of a dive? Is there one or two long term story arcs left after Season 3?


6 is usually considered the weak season. I thought they were spinning their wheels a bit before getting to the seventh and final season which is good. 4 and 5 are regularly considered two of their best.


Interesting. I really enjoyed how slow the first story arc was such a slow build over 3 seasons. I’m not even more excited for Seasons 4 and 5. Gonna get on it tomorrow, but tonight is for Babyface vs Teddy Riley (they postponed to tonight).
Image
Banner Credit: TurboZone; Avatar Credit: MkDon

http://www.youtube.com/socialisthiphop

Return to Toronto Raptors