ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#61 » by VancouverRaps » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:01 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:It's stupid not to stock up. A real man will spend at least a few hundred dollars to protect his family. My worst case scenario is I'm down a grand or so while others worst case scenario is hunger/death. I'm also prepped for any social unrest. IMO, I'd rather be prepped to ensure the survival of my family even if the possibility were low for it to come to that.

??

Panic Buying - Prepping

Depends on the context. People lining up in huge crowded grocery stores are putting themselves and their families at risk, imagine being the one who gets your family infected just because you wanted to get some toilet paper.

There's no food or drink shortages expected in Canada.The stores will all continue re-stocking and the hoarders can only hoard so much, soon it'll start to normalize again even if the virus is still not contained.
We the Champs
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,347

Post#62 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:02 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
C_Money wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:It's stupid not to stock up. A real man will spend at least a few hundred dollars to protect his family. My worst case scenario is I'm down a grand or so while others worst case scenario is hunger/death. I'm also prepped for any social unrest. IMO, I'd rather be prepped to ensure the survival of my family even if the possibility were low for it to come to that.

Lol so you are one of the crazy f*ckers we keep hearing about on the news. Here he is guys :lol:

You think it's crazy to do whatever it takes to protect your family?

It means I'm an alpha male. I will walk over betas and not think twice.

It means you're self-centered, panicking , and not brave at all, if you ask me. But you pretend you're all that and that hoarding a year of pasta and ass wipe is necessary, and flex in the mirror to yourself.

And do your wife a favour and buy some cottonelle wipes for yourself.

https://www.amazon.ca/Cottonelle-FreshCare-Flushable-Unscented-Alcohol/dp/B00FZGZHO8

it's right on the container.
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect
And1: 505

Post#63 » by RaptorsJunkie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:03 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Give it a few more days. Stores will re-up and all the people that had their share likely wont do it again. Well, they better friggin not...anyways, I’m not hoarding nothing. Just go out every morning for my usual drive through coffee and hit up shoppers/rexall/sobeys until it calms down and I have what I need. BTW baby wipes is better then toilet paper man oh man grabbed ONE pack of that to hold me over. Didn’t hoard it like an ass.

You can't flush a wipe though, so if you like keeping that around the house until garbage day then I'd agree.

Oh damn I didn’t realize they weren’t flushable. I know other people have been doing it for years though no problems.

You might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later you'll **** up your pipes.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Post#64 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:04 am

xAIRNESSx wrote:The toilet paper hysteria is one of the funnier things. Canada's largest producer even said there won't be a shortage but people are still losing their minds.

Humans are so interesting.

I was at work when word started spreading of a potential toilet paper shortage, and coworkers were leaving early to go stock up. I didn't think much of it, but now when I need it, all the stores near me really are empty. I know they restock every few days, but without a car, I can't really check in every day (it's a 30 minute walk to the store, one way). Amazon better pull through for me (they are claiming they will restock and deliver by the 24th, but we'll see; they've since removed all toilet paper listings from their store lol).

I'm not buying to stockpile. I am actually running low on toilet paper.
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect

Post#65 » by RaptorsJunkie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:05 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Give it a few more days. Stores will re-up and all the people that had their share likely wont do it again. Well, they better friggin not...anyways, I’m not hoarding nothing. Just go out every morning for my usual drive through coffee and hit up shoppers/rexall/sobeys until it calms down and I have what I need. BTW baby wipes is better then toilet paper man oh man grabbed ONE pack of that to hold me over. Didn’t hoard it like an ass.

You can't flush a wipe though, so if you like keeping that around the house until garbage day then I'd agree.

Some brands are flushable.

There was a big thing in the news last year stating how those flushable wipes weren't actually flushable. If you google search that you'll see it pop up at the top.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#66 » by VancouverRaps » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:06 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
C_Money wrote:

Lol so you are one of the crazy f*ckers we keep hearing about on the news. Here he is guys :lol:

You're buying food at a grocery store like the rest of the betas, the alphas will be out hunting for their meat and living off the land away from the big cities
We the Champs
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#67 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:06 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:

Oh damn I didn’t realize they weren’t flushable. I know other people have been doing it for years though no problems.

You might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later you'll **** up your pipes.

Some brands are flushable.

Example: https://www.cottonelle.com/en-us/products/cottonelle-flushable-wipes
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#68 » by Hero » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 am

Why worry? Think about it. The hoarders can only hoard so much. In a day or two it will be smooth sailing for the rest of us.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#69 » by Oakville_Raptor » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:10 am

I went to a Loblaws at 8 am on Saturday and their were no lineups...
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect

Post#70 » by RaptorsJunkie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:
C_Money wrote:

It means you're self-centered, panicking , and not brave at all, if you ask me. But you pretend you're all that and that hoarding a year of pasta and ass wipe is necessary, and flex in the mirror to yourself.

Thank makes no sense.
I don't care that you're not prepped.

I'm just the bad ass motha **** that is. I'm the one people like you need to worrry about if there is civil unrest.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,061

Post#71 » by xAIRNESSx » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
C_Money wrote:

Society is not collapsing. There may be some minor disruptions to global supply chains, but it will mainly be for imported goods.

The only reason to stock up for this pandemic is if you are not planning to leave your house at all for the next month. We’re not running out of food, we’re not running out of toilet paper.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#72 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:16 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:

Thank makes no sense.

I'm just the bad ass motha **** that is. I'm the one people like you need to worrry about if there is civil unrest.

Assuming we get to a point where the supply chain fails (we won't), you would just get robbed once people find out you are hoarding supplies. You're not in a bunker.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,347

Post#73 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:16 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:

Thank makes no sense.

Lol. It makes total sense to anyone sane.

And if there is civil unrest (LOL at your panic here again), do you think anyone is going to target my house? Or do you think we are all looking at yours? You think if it's an apocalypse, that the entire supply base won't be re-distributed as we just decide to take it from you? Ok bad-ass... I think you should start stocking up on ammo, gas and concubines just to be safe.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#74 » by KL78192020 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:22 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Thank makes no sense.

Assuming we get to a point where the supply chain fails (we won't), you would just get robbed once people find out you are hoarding supplies. You're not in a bunker.

lol exactly if it is the end times and we need to hoard, the people with guns win. Everyone else loses.
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect

Post#75 » by RaptorsJunkie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:32 am

KL78192020 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Thank makes no sense.

lol exactly if it is the end times and we need to hoard, the people with guns win. Everyone else loses.

Which is why i win! I have food and guns... I am not panic buying, I've been prepared for a long time.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,715

Post#76 » by metafisical » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:34 am

What a world we live in when toilet paper had to be rationed at Costco. Never in my years in Ontatio and BC have I ever seen people reduced to their primal instincts and act like panicked mob.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#77 » by SFour » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:35 am

It should die down soon...the panic buying can only last for so long right? eventually the shelves will be full of toilet paper again :lol:
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,691

Post#78 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:36 am

Lol grocery panicking isn’t bad ass. It’s actually the opposite. But I get if you have little ones at home. It’s more the extreme 10 of everything people that are crazy. Who needs 10 jugs of milk and eggs? That will expire before u even consume.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#79 » by gp2015 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

??

Panic Buying - Prepping

If this was the real armageddon, spending a couple of hundred dollars for an entire family is not getting you anywhere.

Might as well just start preparing for death.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#80 » by gp2015 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:44 am

Just got back from the supermarket and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. Stupid **** that people would never buy or eat in a millions years was sold out. I don't get it. It was just sad, I honestly thought people would be a little better than this but it seems like most people are mindless idiots.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams

Return to Toronto Raptors