ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,991

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#181 » by Coco Costanza » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:43 am

J-Roc wrote:
DangerZone13 wrote:These, with the modified logo TurboZone posted, feels like the right way to go. My only notes on this would be that:
1.While I love that you kept the pinstripes, always liked them, historically pinstripes take a bit away from the timelessness of it. Teams that we think of that classically have them, seem to switch back and forth. We need our jerseys to be able to stick for 10+ years to help re-establish our new identity
2. Love the chevron on the one leg. That's the perfect use for it to keep that Game 6 jersey in there, but without the weird body lines it creates using the current design.
3. The Raptors are still Canada's team, if we do away with red, maybe maple leaf tips above the player's name instead of the classic triangles? Because, while a very cool addition to the shorts, really, we never really notice the leaf on the waistband, right?
4. To make up for stripping those classic elements, maybe implement the classic numbers?
Just my own opinions, but you've already done some great work here.
[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Perfect, just get rid of the pinstripes and fix that silly font.[/quote]

If you're getting rid of the pinstripes and the font I'm not sure what that leaves you. You're basically just saying you want white and black jerseys.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#182 » by J-Roc » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Coco Costanza wrote:
J-Roc wrote:
DangerZone13 wrote:These, with the modified logo TurboZone posted, feels like the right way to go. My only notes on this would be that:
1.While I love that you kept the pinstripes, always liked them, historically pinstripes take a bit away from the timelessness of it. Teams that we think of that classically have them, seem to switch back and forth. We need our jerseys to be able to stick for 10+ years to help re-establish our new identity
2. Love the chevron on the one leg. That's the perfect use for it to keep that Game 6 jersey in there, but without the weird body lines it creates using the current design.
3. The Raptors are still Canada's team, if we do away with red, maybe maple leaf tips above the player's name instead of the classic triangles? Because, while a very cool addition to the shorts, really, we never really notice the leaf on the waistband, right?
4. To make up for stripping those classic elements, maybe implement the classic numbers?
Just my own opinions, but you've already done some great work here.
[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Perfect, just get rid of the pinstripes and fix that silly font.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

If you're getting rid of the pinstripes and the font I'm not sure what that leaves you. You're basically just saying you want white and black jerseys.[/quote]

Exactly! lol

I thought the white and gold of those tops at the ring ceremony was so fresh and clean, and had a champion feel to it. I know it's a standard look, but it works for the Raps because of the black and gold OVO connection.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#183 » by Raptors Realtor » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:46 pm

Never been a fan of the 'Raps-style pinstripes', remind me too much of barb wire which is pretty whack imo... I'd be ok if they had regular straight pinstripes. Also not into the old school whacky font... From a design standpoint, I'm into more of a classic/timeless look, but I respect everyone's taste is different.
WRX_STi
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#184 » by WRX_STi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:14 pm

Any word on the new jerseys? Management keeping us in the dark again :roll:
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,991

Post#185 » by Coco Costanza » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:48 pm

WRX_STi wrote:Any word on the new jerseys? Management keeping us in the dark again :roll:

Was just thinking about it the other day. I think we'll have to wait until next season.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#186 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 pm

Coco Costanza wrote:
WRX_STi wrote:Any word on the new jerseys? Management keeping us in the dark again :roll:

Was just thinking about it the other day. I think we'll have to wait until next season.

We'll have to wait

If they showed us the new jerseys now, they wouldn't sell any of the current stock. They'll try and sell what they can of this year's jersey version throughout the playoffs, then they'll release the new jerseys leading up to the holiday season to boost jersey sales via Christmas presents.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#187 » by RaptorsNorth » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:05 pm

Davey0 wrote:Sorry if It seems I keep adding my concepts to this post. But with curiosity ( and for the fun of it ), I thought about what direction the Raps will go. So i'd tried with this:

For the logo, they mentioned a "tweak". So imo, I think its going to be a re-colour. Maybe add purple? Or go full gold and black? I'd be okay if they went black and gold. Its different from the other teams and they would stand out. They've also used a combination of there retro design on the city edition ( with Toronto ) and, went back to there old school retro nights during the past season. So I figured why not make a combination of both? Use the black and gold colour scheme and combine it with the Raps retro look. A minor addition with the "North" shorts and the city edition to it and this is the concept I came up with.

Again it was all for fun. Stay safe everyone !
the raptors don’t roll like that in terms of jerseys and logos. They go against everything the masses want because in true MLSE fashion they will force you to like whatever garbage design they come up with so I’m expecting something underwhelming. Did you not see how long it took them to bring back the OG jerseys even while most players around the league and the fans had it as one of their top jerseys ? They don’t go with what the masses like. They push their hideous designs on the masses and since people don’t have any real choices they’ll buy it.

The jersey is going to look like this and you can book it!

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#188 » by icoholic » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:21 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Davey0 wrote:Sorry if It seems I keep adding my concepts to this post. But with curiosity ( and for the fun of it ), I thought about what direction the Raps will go. So i'd tried with this:

For the logo, they mentioned a "tweak". So imo, I think its going to be a re-colour. Maybe add purple? Or go full gold and black? I'd be okay if they went black and gold. Its different from the other teams and they would stand out. They've also used a combination of there retro design on the city edition ( with Toronto ) and, went back to there old school retro nights during the past season. So I figured why not make a combination of both? Use the black and gold colour scheme and combine it with the Raps retro look. A minor addition with the "North" shorts and the city edition to it and this is the concept I came up with.

the raptors don’t roll like that in terms of jerseys and logos. They go against everything the masses want because in true MLSE fashion they will force you to like whatever garbage design they come up with so I’m expecting something underwhelming. Did you not see how long it took them to bring back the OG jerseys even while most players around the league and the fans had it as one of their top jerseys ? They don’t go with what the masses like. They push their hideous designs on the masses and since people don’t have any real choices they’ll buy it.

I think you're right. Every uniform in this thread is a mess.

The dinosaur isn't coming back, the purple isn't coming back and I think the only rework of the logo will be the wordmark around the basketball. That had never fit for me.... But I like the "watermelon" a lot.
MkDon
Junior
And1: 1,413

Post#189 » by MkDon » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:37 pm

According to the draft hats, Raptors new primary logo will have red claw instead of the gray one we have now.

mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#190 » by mintsa » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:46 pm

MkDon wrote:According to the draft hats, Raptors new primary logo will have red claw instead of the gray one we have now.

The claws colour was always interchangeable wasn’t it ?

This logo looks no different then this season. It was suppose to have “tweaks”. I don’t see anything different.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,665

Post#191 » by Mattatron » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:59 pm

There's no difference in the logo.
And I really don't like "Canadian jersey colors". Can they please be a bit more creative and bring some purple back Into the new jerseys? Need that connection to the roots. There's nearly no purple in any other nba team.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,665

Post#192 » by Mattatron » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:02 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:

If this should be our new uniform... It's a mess! Don't like the "Canadian pride color". Bring some purple in and this chevron jersey is everything but not creative or cool. It's just red. My eyes hurting.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#193 » by Mikistan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:12 pm

mintsa wrote:
MkDon wrote:According to the draft hats, Raptors new primary logo will have red claw instead of the gray one we have now.

This logo looks no different then this season. It was suppose to have “tweaks”. I don’t see anything different.

It was interchangeable in that, they use different colours as needed for media

but our official logo primary has a grey ball - with the TORONTO RAPTORS words around it and the filled in circle
- we had an official alternate with the OVO coloured ball
- and then a bunch of official alternates of just the watermelon in various colours

SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#194 » by SwiftyV » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:31 pm

mintsa wrote:

Am I the only one that really likes this hat? I'm a sucker for cursive fonts on uniforms.
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#195 » by Los Manos » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:31 pm

I said earlier in this thread that a tweak to the logo was likely going to a change from 3 colour to 2 colour - removing the grey / silver. Looks like that is what we're seeing.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#196 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:50 am

Are we going to go blue and white like the rest of the city? We may never win again!
Credits to Jstock12
MkDon
Junior
And1: 1,413

Post#197 » by MkDon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:44 am

icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#198 » by icoholic » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:00 am

Nice tweak, I'm glad we can put the dinosaur logos to rest.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,519

Post#199 » by Jcity08 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:11 am

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#200 » by Los Manos » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:39 am

Looks clean. It was the right tweak to make and is a better fit (removing the silver) with the franchise branding we have seen the last few years and I'm happy we are sticking with moving forward.

Return to Toronto Raptors