ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season

Moderators: niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic

Coco Costanza
Rookie
Posts: 1,164
And1: 2,854
Joined: Jan 13, 2018
   

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#101 » by Coco Costanza » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:53 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Spoiler:
RaptorPride wrote:I don't know how much of you guys would like this but I want them to add feathers to the Raptor. I feel like we can do much more with the appearance of the dino. If it's too big of a change maybe we can have multiple different types of Raptors? Just like how there is the original Raptor then Stripes.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Image

This body stance is what I picture logo should be, I tried to PS yesterday, but my raptor didnt end up very fierce looking, but if someone who can draw would implement this looking raptor into a logo, I think it could work


I tried to do a silhouette of it, but it didn't really turn out well, so I just ended up tweaking the contrast.

Image
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
User avatar
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
Posts: 2,702
And1: 12,976
Joined: Aug 02, 2009
Location: Toronto
Contact:
 

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#102 » by Turbo_Zone » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 am

Hey guys, tried my hand at a casual tweak. Cause, why not?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image

Toronto Raptors: Dynasty DESTROYERS
Twitter: @Turbo_Zone
Coco Costanza
Rookie
Posts: 1,164
And1: 2,854
Joined: Jan 13, 2018
   

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#103 » by Coco Costanza » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:58 am

I feel like that would be too subtle.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
User avatar
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
Posts: 2,702
And1: 12,976
Joined: Aug 02, 2009
Location: Toronto
Contact:
 

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#104 » by Turbo_Zone » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:03 am

Coco Costanza wrote:I feel like that would be too subtle.


Likely. Agree.

Personally I would go even wilder with the claws.
Forget force-feeding a basketball into it. Just pure Dino!
Image

Toronto Raptors: Dynasty DESTROYERS
Twitter: @Turbo_Zone
User avatar
Clay Davis
Veteran
Posts: 2,585
And1: 2,827
Joined: Nov 06, 2013
 

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#105 » by Clay Davis » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:45 am

**** Drake
We talkin' 'bout money laundering? In WEST BALTIMORE?!
simmons21
Junior
Posts: 350
And1: 446
Joined: Jul 22, 2006
 

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#106 » by simmons21 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:28 am

Good, I really hate the standard home and aways. The red trim around the collar and the arms with the v-neck just looks so whack. The alternates in general have been pretty good the last few years.
User avatar
RaptorPride
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,490
And1: 11,244
Joined: May 16, 2012
Contact:
   

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#107 » by RaptorPride » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:15 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Spoiler:
RaptorPride wrote:I don't know how much of you guys would like this but I want them to add feathers to the Raptor. I feel like we can do much more with the appearance of the dino. If it's too big of a change maybe we can have multiple different types of Raptors? Just like how there is the original Raptor then Stripes.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Image

This body stance is what I picture logo should be, I tried to PS yesterday, but my raptor didnt end up very fierce looking, but if someone who can draw would implement this looking raptor into a logo, I think it could work


I tried to do a silhouette of it, but it didn't really turn out well, so I just ended up tweaking the contrast.

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
UcanUwill
RealGM
Posts: 16,518
And1: 11,854
Joined: Aug 07, 2011
   

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#108 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:35 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Spoiler:
RaptorPride wrote:I don't know how much of you guys would like this but I want them to add feathers to the Raptor. I feel like we can do much more with the appearance of the dino. If it's too big of a change maybe we can have multiple different types of Raptors? Just like how there is the original Raptor then Stripes.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Image

This body stance is what I picture logo should be, I tried to PS yesterday, but my raptor didnt end up very fierce looking, but if someone who can draw would implement this looking raptor into a logo, I think it could work


I tried to do a silhouette of it, but it didn't really turn out well, so I just ended up tweaking the contrast.

Image


I also tried to make a logo I have in my head, but the raptor I ended up not as fierce as I wanted. This is something I kinda imagine, you need that tail and torso looking aerodynamic, you need to have that claw foot, and predator looking head, its not it, but its close to what I imagine.
User avatar
MkDon
Junior
Posts: 406
And1: 1,408
Joined: Nov 14, 2012
Location: Raptor Land
   

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#109 » by MkDon » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:10 am

Saw this Dino head Raptors posted on Facebook as part of those kids coloring books so i tried to create a quick simple logo.

Image
Image
User avatar
HeadtopChunes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,273
And1: 8,934
Joined: Apr 04, 2017

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#110 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Man i wanted Purple back, felt more unique than the red, white and black.
User avatar
WuTang_OG
Head Coach
Posts: 6,401
And1: 11,739
Joined: Sep 26, 2017
 

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#111 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Dont like any of those feathered dino's
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
Posts: 13,662
And1: 12,023
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#112 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Can the raptors please!!!! For the love of god!! Please put out some decent merchandise smh So much potential with the logos of the past but the merch are so crap and over Priced. Has anybody else notice that the people making fake raptors merch are putting out better designs smh just because you throw the Larry OB on it, it doesn’t mean its good smh I’m looking for a had but the ones they’re selling are so trash that I’m looking at unofficial ones.


You can get the coolest lakers,Heat, Nets, bulls or Knicks merch but pure trash the raptors are putting out and just throwing the Larry o b logo on them.
Woj Kyle "Stargazer" Lowry named CEO of Brick Bro's brand and Big Fat Burritos

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 24,681
And1: 23,422
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#113 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:12 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Can the raptors please!!!! For the love of god!! Please put out some decent merchandise smh So much potential with the logos of the past but the merch are so crap and over Priced. Has anybody else notice that the people making fake raptors merch are putting out better designs smh just because you throw the Larry OB on it, it doesn’t mean its good smh I’m looking for a had but the ones they’re selling are so trash that I’m looking at unofficial ones.


You can get the coolest lakers,Heat, bulls or Knicks merch but pure trash the raptors are putting out and just throwing the Larry o b logo on them.


There's a ton of stuff on NBA.com raptor store. And it's all on sale. If you can't find a shirt there... then you're too picky or don't like the specific colours. I would guess more choice than any other team.

the only stuff I would buy from other teams were the Purple Rain stuff from the wolves that was sold out or the vice city heat colours that also was limited in types and sold out.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
Posts: 13,662
And1: 12,023
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#114 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:Can the raptors please!!!! For the love of god!! Please put out some decent merchandise smh So much potential with the logos of the past but the merch are so crap and over Priced. Has anybody else notice that the people making fake raptors merch are putting out better designs smh just because you throw the Larry OB on it, it doesn’t mean its good smh I’m looking for a had but the ones they’re selling are so trash that I’m looking at unofficial ones.


You can get the coolest lakers,Heat, bulls or Knicks merch but pure trash the raptors are putting out and just throwing the Larry o b logo on them.


There's a ton of stuff on NBA.com raptor store. And it's all on sale. If you can't find a shirt there... then you're too picky or don't like the specific colours. I would guess more choice than any other team.

the only stuff I would buy from other teams were the Purple Rain stuff from the wolves that was sold out or the vice city heat colours that also was limited in types and sold out.
I’m not looking for a shirt I’m looking for a hat.


I don’t like hats with huge logos taking up the whole front of the hat. I don’t need a big ball Covering half of the front of the hat with lettering that reads Toronto Raptors across the logo like a poster. I’m a grown man not a teenager.



Simple like this

Image
Woj Kyle "Stargazer" Lowry named CEO of Brick Bro's brand and Big Fat Burritos

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 24,681
And1: 23,422
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#115 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:24 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:Can the raptors please!!!! For the love of god!! Please put out some decent merchandise smh So much potential with the logos of the past but the merch are so crap and over Priced. Has anybody else notice that the people making fake raptors merch are putting out better designs smh just because you throw the Larry OB on it, it doesn’t mean its good smh I’m looking for a had but the ones they’re selling are so trash that I’m looking at unofficial ones.


You can get the coolest lakers,Heat, bulls or Knicks merch but pure trash the raptors are putting out and just throwing the Larry o b logo on them.


There's a ton of stuff on NBA.com raptor store. And it's all on sale. If you can't find a shirt there... then you're too picky or don't like the specific colours. I would guess more choice than any other team.

the only stuff I would buy from other teams were the Purple Rain stuff from the wolves that was sold out or the vice city heat colours that also was limited in types and sold out.
I’m not looking for a shirt I’m looking for a hat.


I don’t like hats with huge logos taking up the whole front of the hat. I don’t need a big ball Covering half of the front of the hat with lettering that reads Toronto Raptors across the logo like a poster. I’m a grown man not a teenager.



Simple like this

Image


I have the black hat with the black logo if that's what you mean (understated that way)... think it was Lids. Can't see the photo.
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,597
And1: 6,517
Joined: Jul 15, 2009

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#116 » by Michael Jordan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Bring back the actual Raptor
Coco Costanza
Rookie
Posts: 1,164
And1: 2,854
Joined: Jan 13, 2018
   

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#117 » by Coco Costanza » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:08 am

WuTang_OG wrote:Dont like any of those feathered dino's


Fair enough, but they're at least more accurate to what a velociraptor looked like.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
User avatar
mintsa
Head Coach
Posts: 6,050
And1: 2,914
Joined: Jun 28, 2001

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#118 » by mintsa » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Turbo.....

Just add a chevron on top of the current logo. That’s probably what the “tweak” will be.....
User avatar
Westside Gunn
Analyst
Posts: 3,252
And1: 4,176
Joined: Jul 03, 2016
       

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#119 » by Westside Gunn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:28 pm

the freelance designers on realgm have proposed better designs than the company the MLSE hires for these rebrands. it might be due to nba regulations, but there was absolutely no thought, imagination, or creativity with the existing logo.

not a whole lot of people wear nba jerseys anyway. i remember it used to be quite popular before 2010s but after that it never recovered. its a popular sport but no one seems to be buying jerseys
fiend hit the pipe one time, did the dougie
User avatar
mintsa
Head Coach
Posts: 6,050
And1: 2,914
Joined: Jun 28, 2001

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#120 » by mintsa » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:01 pm

I still wear jerseys................and I’m old too.....

Return to Toronto Raptors