ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#201 » by Young_Buc » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:06 pm

So after announcing new logos and unis we just remove silver so that were black and red?

Oh goodie, nothing screams originality like using black and red.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,898

Post#202 » by Merit » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:42 pm

I think they removed silver from the logo so they can go all in on the black and gold alternates and replace the red with gold in that context.
I believe in Masai.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,481

Post#203 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Still an underwhelming logo, but at least this colour scheme works better. The old one didn't make sense.
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#204 » by MavCarter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Tbh i wouldnt want a drastic change. Team needs to stick to its identity now that we have a chip. Celtics/lakers/bulls/spurs etc etc dont change their identity every 5 years
#Enjoytheride
wow09
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,559

Post#205 » by wow09 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Small tweak but I think it looks a lot better without the grey or the white outline of the circle
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,459

Post#206 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:08 am

Red works well with gold
Id like to see more of that together

White Red Gold
White Red Black

Those combos are good. Nevver liked the silver it was getting too busy
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#207 » by -AirCanada- » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:13 am

icoholic wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
Davey0 wrote:Sorry if It seems I keep adding my concepts to this post. But with curiosity ( and for the fun of it ), I thought about what direction the Raps will go. So i'd tried with this:

For the logo, they mentioned a "tweak". So imo, I think its going to be a re-colour. Maybe add purple? Or go full gold and black? I'd be okay if they went black and gold. Its different from the other teams and they would stand out. They've also used a combination of there retro design on the city edition ( with Toronto ) and, went back to there old school retro nights during the past season. So I figured why not make a combination of both? Use the black and gold colour scheme and combine it with the Raps retro look. A minor addition with the "North" shorts and the city edition to it and this is the concept I came up with.

Again it was all for fun. Stay safe everyone !
the raptors don’t roll like that in terms of jerseys and logos. They go against everything the masses want because in true MLSE fashion they will force you to like whatever garbage design they come up with so I’m expecting something underwhelming. Did you not see how long it took them to bring back the OG jerseys even while most players around the league and the fans had it as one of their top jerseys ? They don’t go with what the masses like. They push their hideous designs on the masses and since people don’t have any real choices they’ll buy it.

The jersey is going to look like this and you can book it!

I think you're right. Every uniform in this thread is a mess.

The dinosaur isn't coming back, the purple isn't coming back and I think the only rework of the logo will be the wordmark around the basketball. That had never fit for me.... But I like the "watermelon" a lot.

you like the watermelon?

seriously?
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,120

Post#208 » by LarSiN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:28 am

^ A LOT of us like the "watermelon" logo (which I personally never saw it as, but ok), what of it ? It's the logo we won a chip with, it's iconic at this point.

Still plenty of vintage or retro gear available if you don't wanna rock this logo.
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#209 » by Scott Hall » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:37 am

Still ugly as hell and won't buy any merch without our real original logo but I can't hate on it or our
current ugly jerseys because they appear to be lucky since we adopted them so it is what it is
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#210 » by icoholic » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:29 pm

-AirCanada- wrote:
icoholic wrote:
I think you're right. Every uniform in this thread is a mess.

The dinosaur isn't coming back, the purple isn't coming back and I think the only rework of the logo will be the wordmark around the basketball. That had never fit for me.... But I like the "watermelon" a lot.

you like the watermelon?

seriously?

I love it.

Return to Toronto Raptors