ImageImageImageImageImage

Big Perk is off Raps bandwagon again

Moderators: niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 12,023

Re: Big Perk is off Raps bandwagon again 

Post#41 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Give me one good reason why any of these guy would pick the raptors after the leading scorer left ? Let’s be real here for a sec. they would not be taken seriously if they pick the raptors right now. This team couldn’t even get to the finals until kawhi came here and now he’s gone. People keep forgetting the guy was the leading scorer in the playoffs for most of it.

Even with raptors being good now most of these guys still won’t believe the hype because we were good in the regular season with Demar too. The raptors have to prove they can do it without a real superstar this time around. We’re not one of the favorites!!
Woj Kyle "Stargazer" Lowry named CEO of Brick Bro's brand and Big Fat Burritos

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Raptorstorm
Sixth Man
And1: 863

Post#42 » by Raptorstorm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 am

Celtics is not an issue. We are the issue
"IN MASAI WE TRUST" 8-)
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 32,366

Post#43 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:Give me one good reason why any of these guy would pick the raptors after the leading scorer left ? Let’s be real here for a sec. they would not be taken seriously if they pick the raptors right now. This team couldn’t even get to the finals until kawhi came here and now he’s gone. People keep forgetting the guy was the leading scorer in the playoffs for most of it.

Even with raptors being good now most of these guys still won’t believe the hype because we were good in the regular season with Demar too. The raptors have to prove they can do it without a real superstar this time around. We’re not one of the favorites!!

Boston didn't lose their leading scorer?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#44 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:28 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Like, we're the winningest team in the NBA over the last five.

You would never know it.

you know that doesn't mean anything right?

It is what it is, most wins in the last five years tells you alot, it means this team is consistent and is very good. It doesn't mean that the Raptors are repeating but now way it "doesn't mean anything".

until the playoffs. they had one year with a real superstar and they won it all. Raptors have very good talent but is it enough to go to the Conference Finals/ Finals again or are we back in the Lowry/Derozan days which is now supplanted as the Lowry/ Siakam days.

time will tell. i mean its a messed up year as well - so who knows how well the team will or can perform.
tosi
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Re: Big Perk is iff Raps bandwagon again 

Post#45 » by tosi » Yesterday 12:55 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Did I not predicted this last season when you guys were calling him “uncle perk” ? I predicted this and you can go back and read the thread. Perk was never on the raptors bandwagon he was using the raptors bandwagon and since you guys like nothing more than American media props to stroke your egos you ate it up. I was never on the Perkins bandwagon because I Always knew the guy was doing it only because we weren’t playing the Celtics In the playoffs. So many raptor fans were following this guy and retweeting his every word as if he mysteriously became our number 1 supporter over night. Moral of the story is never n.t hug somebody that jumps on the bandwagon after the rainy days. Where were they when we were “Lebronto” ?

They are doing what they need to do to get the views
fart wrote:I agree. get over it people. MJ is ridicoulsly overrated that people have developed this perception that no one can challenge him for GOAT.
First Step
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,161

Post#46 » by First Step » Yesterday 12:59 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Give me one good reason why any of these guy would pick the raptors after the leading scorer left ? Let’s be real here for a sec. they would not be taken seriously if they pick the raptors right now. This team couldn’t even get to the finals until kawhi came here and now he’s gone. People keep forgetting the guy was the leading scorer in the playoffs for most of it.

Who else has gone to the Finals from the East in the last decade outside of LeBron and the Raptors?

Your argument that we couldn't get the the Finals before Kawhi came here, can be made for every single team in the East for the past decade.

If anything we have the most Finals experience out of any team in the bubble. This doesn't mean we are a favorite, but let's not pretend like ESPN isn't xenophobic towards Toronto.

Return to Toronto Raptors