ImageImageImageImageImage

Did you cheer when Durant got injured?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Did you cheer when Durant got injured?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 145

smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Re: Did you cheer when Durant got injured? 

Post#141 » by smallgains » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:57 pm

I've blown out my knee twice in my life and I could never find joy in any kind of injury to an opposing teams player. Surprised by the numbers that did...
VC15Era
Bench Warmer
And1: 865

Post#142 » by VC15Era » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:04 am

I just said **** sucks for Durant but wow we might actually win a championship
bakaneko16
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#143 » by bakaneko16 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:54 am

fbalmeida wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:The bad guys in all this are the people who allowed him to play. The fans didn't injure him.

Ultimately, this is and will continue to be the most salient fact and lasting memory from the entire incident.

It was sad watching KD trying to play. It seemed like everyone except the Warriors knew it was a bad idea to let him play. Also didn't help that Steve Kerr somehow made him played like 10+ minutes straight on his first game back, which happened to be a game in the NBA finals.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#144 » by C_Money » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:30 am

smallgains wrote:I've blown out my knee twice in my life and I could never find joy in any kind of injury to an opposing teams player. Surprised by the numbers that did...

Because our odds of winning the championship went up. I don’t understand why some people aren't getting this.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#145 » by Westside Gunn » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 am

bakaneko16 wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:The bad guys in all this are the people who allowed him to play. The fans didn't injure him.

Ultimately, this is and will continue to be the most salient fact and lasting memory from the entire incident.

It was sad watching KD trying to play. It seemed like everyone except the Warriors knew it was a bad idea to let him play. Also didn't help that Steve Kerr somehow made him played like 10+ minutes straight on his first game back, which happened to be a game in the NBA finals.

The man was on fire. He looked comfortable, so Kerr just went with it.

I don't remember it being a situation of the Warriors forcing Durant back.The narrative was that the Warriors didn't need Durant to win championships, and with Durant being a pretty insecure guy, he wanted to make a point that the Warriors can't win without him.

If Durant didn't get injured, there was no way we would've won, and Durant would've cemented his legacy. This is what he wanted.

To this day, people still don't "count" his two rings.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#146 » by Par36 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:33 am

Cheering? No. Content at the moment knowing the Raptors were on path to a championship? Sadly yes.

But who cares? It got overblown by the media. Injuries are part of the game.
Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,392

Post#147 » by Darkseid » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:04 am

Hell no.

Return to Toronto Raptors