ImageImageImageImageImage

Get Up: Uncle Jay Will Now on Raptors Bandwagon, Says We Can Win Championship

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,922

Get Up: Uncle Jay Will Now on Raptors Bandwagon, Says We Can Win Championship 

Post#1 » by NinjaBro » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:13 pm

On Get Up this morning, Jay Will has finally turned the corner and now believes the Raptors can win the NBA championship this year. Says he's been watching us a lot more (probably just watched the Lakers game LOL) and now has changed his mind from what he thought of us earlier this season. Both uncle Perk and uncle Jay picks us to come out of the East.

Video will be up later. Hoooo maannn. Changing minds one non believer at a time.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Re: Get Up: Uncle Jay Will Now on Raptors Bandwagon, Says We Can Win Championship 

Post#2 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:49 pm

there's no home court advantage anymore so ya, one factor eliminated are thousands of fans screaming at you, getting under your skin.

could be anyone's championship this year.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Re: Get Up: Uncle Jay Will Now on Raptors Bandwagon, Says We Can Win Championship 

Post#3 » by seanbig » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:46 pm

Key will be Og’s offense- not sold on him being consistent enough yet
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#4 » by will » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:59 pm

NinjaBro wrote:On Get Up this morning, Jay Will has finally turned the corner and now believes the Raptors can win the NBA championship this year. Says he's been watching us a lot more (probably just watched the Lakers game LOL) and now has changed his mind from what he thought of us earlier this season. Both uncle Perk and uncle Jay picks us to come out of the East.

Video will be up later. Hoooo maannn. Changing minds one non believer at a time.

I was going to say Nephew Jay Will because he looks youthful. However, I knew he was playing college hoops and drafted before Uncle Perk.

For once, I fact checked. Jay Will is 3 years older than Uncle Perk.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#5 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:03 pm

seanbig wrote:Key will be Og’s offense- not sold on him being consistent enough yet

Was watching and taking in OG as a prospect well before the draft. I was hoping that if we couldn't trade up he might like Drummond drop to us. Dude flat out stopped Lebron so much so Lebron mentioned him in his post game presser. OG is going to be great barring any health mishaps.
aj174
Senior
And1: 898

Post#6 » by aj174 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:06 pm

Man this uncle perk, uncle Jay stuff is a weird flex. We the effin CHAMPS! I don't care if these people are or aren't on our bandwagon, this ain't no Knicks wagon where you'll be lucky to find even a conductor. This is the champs wagon, all decked out, if not them then next one in baby
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,678

Post#7 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:30 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
seanbig wrote:Key will be Og’s offense- not sold on him being consistent enough yet

Was watching and taking in OG as a prospect well before the draft. I was hoping that if we couldn't trade up he might like Drummond drop to us. Dude flat out stopped Lebron so much so Lebron mentioned him in his post game presser. OG is going to be great barring any health mishaps.

OG's defense is already near Kawhi's level. If his offense ever gets near 20ppg, he's going to be one of the best third options in the league.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,922

Post#8 » by NinjaBro » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:32 pm

aj174 wrote:Man this uncle perk, uncle Jay stuff is a weird flex. We the effin CHAMPS! I don't care if these people are or aren't on our bandwagon, this ain't no Knicks wagon where you'll be lucky to find even a conductor. This is the champs wagon, all decked out, if not them then next one in baby
The day when someone here anoints uncle Stephen A, I may have to consider quitting this forum. It would be too much
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#9 » by jimmy keys » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:15 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

OG's defense is already near Kawhi's level. If his offense ever gets near 20ppg, he's going to be one of the best third options in the league.

Took Kawhi 5 years to get there. Not saying OG will ever be nearly as good offensively, but as of now he's already close to being the perfect 3rd option on any team.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#10 » by VancouverRaps » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:10 pm

These guys literally change their minds everyday, if the Raps lose 2 straight and the Bucks/Celtics win 2 straight, they’ll pretend like they never believed in the Raps.
We the Champs
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#11 » by LJKO » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:28 pm

Who is Uncle Jay? :roll:
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#12 » by SFour » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:32 pm

I prefer if they kept sleeping on the Raptors...put all the pressure on the Bucks and Lakers.

I appreciate Perkins' support though, he's been riding with the Raptors for awhile now and always gives Siakam love.
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#13 » by Roco14 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:33 pm

This guy has been preaching about the Celtics, Sixers, and Heat literally all year and now he's talking about the raptors after a nice win on ESPN... Get off the bandwagon cuz
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#14 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:49 pm

There's no room left sorry too late
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,793

Post#15 » by blastttOFF » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:53 pm

Max kellerman was hilarious last year when he sonned this guy for doubting kawhi
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#16 » by howlin mad axer » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:04 am

Last year there was Uncle Dennis, to me he's the uncle, Perk and Jay Will are like cousins or something right now.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,813

Post#17 » by junot111 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:07 am

jimmy keys wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Took Kawhi 5 years to get there. Not saying OG will ever be nearly as good offensively, but as of now he's already close to being the perfect 3rd option on any team.

How can he be a third option averaging 10 points a game off assisted baskets lol come on...

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using RealGM mobile app
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#18 » by jimmy keys » Tue Aug 4, 2020 4:06 pm

junot111 wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:OG's defense is already near Kawhi's level. If his offense ever gets near 20ppg, he's going to be one of the best third options in the league.

How can he be a third option averaging 10 points a game off assisted baskets lol come on...

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using RealGM mobile app

It's basically his 2nd year. Next year he'll put up 15+ on 40% from 3 with elite defence. Sounds like the ideal 3rd option to me.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#19 » by redeye514 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:22 pm

Jay Williams is not an 'uncle'.

Perkins is an 'uncle' because he talks like your drunk uncle at the BBQ, but at least has some life experiences that forces you to take what he has to say somewhat seriously.

But Jay Will? He's more like your whiny pretentious little cousin who values their own opinion more than any other for no good reason.

Jay Will was balking at Perkins for taking the Raps to come out of the East just last week... literally last week! Jay Will, dude, you can get off the Raptors bandwagon... sorry cuz.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,332

Post#20 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:45 pm

American TV is just a bunch of people yelling at cameras. These people provide almost no insight. The only goal is to create headlines and generate ratings.

Return to Toronto Raptors