ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on the NBA Restart and Bubble in General!?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Re: Thoughts on the NBA Restart and Bubble in General!? 

Post#21 » by Los Manos » Wed Aug 5, 2020 11:57 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Los Manos wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:Pretty shocked that nobody has brought it in and infected anyone.

It’s almost as if the scientific recommendations of social distancing and wearing of masks to prevent virus spread during this pandemic are correct. If only everyone else outside the bubble would follow suit.

Uh....Basically the reason for my post, since they and their support staff are in FLORIDA.

So why are you shocked no-one has brought it in? The NBA has shown that as long as non-NBA staff keep 6ft distance from all players / staff and wear masks the threat of viral transmission is reduced to virtually zero. Not sure what your point is.

The NBA listened to the science and quelle surprise it has worked.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,231

Post#22 » by Childs » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:08 am

I've been impressed so far. Hopefully less players acting like lou williams.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#23 » by djsunyc » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:09 am

absolutely phenomenal
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,780

Post#24 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:34 am

Los Manos wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Los Manos wrote:
It’s almost as if the scientific recommendations of social distancing and wearing of masks to prevent virus spread during this pandemic are correct. If only everyone else outside the bubble would follow suit.

Uh....Basically the reason for my post, since they and their support staff are in FLORIDA.

So why are you shocked no-one has brought it in? The NBA has shown that as long as non-NBA staff keep 6ft distance from all players / staff and wear masks the threat of viral transmission is reduced to virtually zero. Not sure what your point is.

Did you expect 100% compliance from the people that made up their rooms and made their food like perhaps a salad? It's pretty funny to act like this is purely science and not really great compliance. That nobody would break a rule within the 500 people and have it bite them. But sure man... you just pretend I don't know the science behind it after all this time and that's why I would wonder.
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#25 » by Los Manos » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:38 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Los Manos wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Did you expect 100% compliance from the people that made up their rooms and made their food like perhaps a salad? It's pretty funny to act like this is purely science and not really great compliance. That nobody would break a rule within the 500 people and have it bite them. But sure man... you just pretend I don't know the science behind it after all this time and that's why I would wonder.

You miss the point. I trust that the NBA have instituted the correct protocols for hotel staff to limit any chance of virus spread. So they deserve a lot of credit. That is all.
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,391

Post#26 » by beanbag » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:14 am

Read on Twitter
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#27 » by The Duke » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:40 am

Bubble has been good as I expected it.
Everyone makes money
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#28 » by Psubs » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:59 am

Oakvillehoops wrote:The bubble is awesome for a team with the mental maturity of our Raptors.

Ya, not like the 76ers. Raptors play equally well on the road. Consistency!
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#29 » by Psubs » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:01 am

Los Manos wrote:
You miss the point. I trust that the NBA have instituted the correct protocols for hotel staff to limit any chance of virus spread. So they deserve a lot of credit. That is all.

Exactly, and the vendors. Anyone breaks protocol are fired or their contracts are voided. Maybe also penalties.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Post#30 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:37 am

Great job by NBA so far. Really happy they're back and no covid problems so far.

I like the virtual crowds.

My only wish is for us to be able to hear what players and coaches say during games but it's understandable why we cant.
JackedFinancier
Starter
And1: 3,902

Post#31 » by JackedFinancier » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:00 am

Honestly the game viewing experience has been awesome - it's made it more fascinating without fans since the bench reactions stand out more and the virtual fans is an incredible idea. More than anything - it creates that sense of familiarity with the players when they hit a shot and see random virtual faces - it's like a stimuli that they are used to seeing when playing an NBA game. It probably really helps the players.

I just think the games have been epic - lots of close games and theyre going to get even better as the playoffs get closer.

The idea that this championship will be an asterick championship is ridiculous (even though people say that ever year). This year's champion will be very well deserved - given the adversity faced and the context of this outrageous situation we've all been faced with.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#32 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Aug 6, 2020 10:10 am

2019nbachamps wrote:Great job by NBA so far. Really happy they're back and no covid problems so far.

I like the virtual crowds.

My only wish is for us to be able to hear what players and coaches say during games but it's understandable why we cant.

Once again NBA shows it is the class of sports franchises....leading the way. Doing it right.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#33 » by JYD » Thu Aug 6, 2020 10:13 am

It's been super impressive, I was surprised there wasn't a case before the beginning of official restart. Whatever happens the NBA has crossed all its T's in doing everything in their control.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#34 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Aug 6, 2020 10:40 am

NBA is the Gold Standard for sports franchises....
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,937

Post#35 » by Anticon » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:32 pm

It's been cool to have games in the summer, I thought this season was lost.

Compared to MLB, and probably the NFL, the NBA is showing how you can do this, even in an environment with tons of cases. I expect the bubble will be in place for next season as well.

I do think the level of play is a bit less intense than it was, but that's inevitable without 20k people screaming at you.

Return to Toronto Raptors