ImageImageImageImageImage

What is OG's ceiling?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

What is OG Adobe's ceiling?

Starter on a contender (meaning he has peaked now)
3%
Quality starter but not a 'star' on a championship team
7%
All-NBA defense with 10 pts a game
5%
All-NBA defense with 15 pts a game (all-star)
46%
All-NBA defense with 20pts a game (top 10 player in the league)
14%
DPOY with 10 pts a game
2%
DPOY with 15 pts a game (top 10 MVP candidate)
10%
DPOY with 20 pts a game (top 5 MVP candidate)
14%

Total votes: 133

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Re: What is OG's ceiling? 

Post#101 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:13 pm

It sure looks like he's taking the Kawhi route.

Next stop should see him pushing to break 20ppg next year, if his career is parallell. Kawhi was putting up 21 by 24 years of age, it was his breakout year.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#102 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:14 pm

Who ever is the best dribbling/handle coach out there you lock OG in the gym with him all summer
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#103 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:16 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Who ever is the best dribbling/handle coach out there you lock OG in the gym with him all summer

Really just need Rico Hines' run and let OG play PG.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,762

Post#104 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:24 pm

Picked All-NBA defense with 15 pts a game (all-star) ... see no reason to change that to top ten player or downgrade it. The only difference is he may well win DPOY one day, but Simmons gets way more hype.

And here I was having to read Paul Watson was a better prospect and that his ceiling was Ariza just before this season. I think Mikistan is one of the few that has/had this right instead.

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:https://www.nbadraft.net/players/og-anunoby/

dude's getting compared to Kevon Looney in pre-draft

After shutting down Kentucky freshman Jamal Murray in the Round of 32 in the 2016 NCAA Tournament, Anunoby became a hot name and one to watch for in the 2017 draft class

That page has changed since the draft I'm near positive because I remember the number rating was 89... I'm pretty damn sure.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#105 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:24 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:It sure looks like he's taking the Kawhi route.

Next stop should see him pushing to break 20ppg next year, if his career is parallell. Kawhi was putting up 21 by 24 years of age, it was his breakout year.

this could be the case if all the Raptors are getting is a starting center spot. (breakout year instead of being Kawhi)

until he cleans up and polishes his handles and post up moves, still just a high end 3+D guy. if comes back next year with a full developed handle and ability to get to anywhere on the court to score, he could be a sleeper star in the making.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#106 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:42 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Who ever is the best dribbling/handle coach out there you lock OG in the gym with him all summer

bring back Phil Handy
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,495

Post#107 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:38 am

6th straight 20+ game.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,613

Post#108 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:34 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:6th straight 20+ game.

That ceiling looks a little higher every game.

OG is my favorite player, so this is not a knock. But I wonder if he has always had that sort of awkward footwork? Like last night he did that uncalled travel that Jokic complained about, that kind of stumbling he sometimes does. I wonder, was he like that in college too, or is it related to his knee injury?

He gets the job done, looks better every game, and is great with the left hand. I hope this off-season he can improve his handle, his pullup J, and smooth out that footwork.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
gbball
Starter
And1: 2,296

Post#109 » by gbball » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:38 pm

What I like about Anunoby is that everything he does is with purpose. His movements on defense are limited to what he needs to do to stop the opponent. When he puts the ball on the floor on offense it's to set his man up for a crossover or blow past him or go bully his way to the basket for a baby hook or layup. There's no fluff in his game, and his skills are starting to allow him to take advantage of his physical tools, which he is doing consistently. Also, he masters one thing before moving onto the next thing.

When I compare him to Siakam, I can't help but see them as opposites. Siakam moves and jumps around for no reason a lot on offense and defense. He tries to do too much and he tries to do it too quickly.

They're both still developing, and they both have great tools, but OG is very methodical in his approach to the game and his skill development. With his strength, length, athleticism and his willingness to mix it up down low, he's got a lot of potential to become an offensive focal point.

He needs to get better at shooting off the dribble, but his midrange pullup and fadeaways are already way more effective and consistent than what I'm seeing from Siakam. I think it all stems from the fact that despite the unorthodox appearance to his game, OG is a better shooter and has better focus at this point.

He also needs to cut down on his out of control drives and limit the unforced turnovers. I'm cool with it this year because it's a development year.

The sky is the limit for him. The only thing I legitimately worry about is his health and ability to stay on the court consistently for the whole season.
gbball
Starter
And1: 2,296

Post#110 » by gbball » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:6th straight 20+ game.

That ceiling looks a little higher every game.

OG is my favorite player, so this is not a knock. But I wonder if he has always had that sort of awkward footwork? Like last night he did that uncalled travel that Jokic complained about, that kind of stumbling he sometimes does. I wonder, was he like that in college too, or is it related to his knee injury?

He gets the job done, looks better every game, and is great with the left hand. I hope this off-season he can improve his handle, his pullup J, and smooth out that footwork.

I think he might just be one of those naturally clumsy/uncoordinated people. He's been able to work to overcome it though. It seems like the game doesn't come naturally to him though and everything he does he has to work at to make it second nature.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,998

Post#111 » by anotherhomer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:47 pm

when ppl talked about OG being Kawhi 2.0, it seemed like another fantasy in the vein of Jose Calderon being John Stockon 2.0 or Roko being a great PG etc

But this time, OG may really become the two-way SF, Raps needed for a very very long time
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#112 » by dagger » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Trying to label OG is tough. People want to put him in a category. But he might just be defining a category of his own, which I think of as rich man's Draymond Green. Imagine if Green was a better three point shooter and consistent driver in the paint. With his D, good passing, etc, he'd be a top 10 player for sure. In his best seasons, Green has been an invaluable cog in a championship team. Well, OG profiles as a better shooter and driver. With a bit of work on his handle, post game moves, etc, his offence can easily exceed Green's while his defensive profile is similar and potentially better. A rich man's Draymond Green might not get multiple all-stars, after all, these things skew towards the very best offensive players even if they can't or won't defend a chair. And OG doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is going to campaign publicly for honours. But if he becomes a rich man's Draymond Green, or a Ron Artest with a better temperament, that's a lot more than just calling him a good 3+D player.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,567

Post#113 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:24 pm

He goes by handlelife on IG - always works with CP3 & a few other cats and he definitely has one of the best handles on the planet. OG needs to lock in with him all summer. I leave comments on his post all the time to work with the raps lol

In Raptor Ball I Trust
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#114 » by MixxSRC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:26 pm

Learn from Siakam experience. That's all i say.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,215

Post#115 » by niQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:41 pm

Loving his development every game. Quite possibly the most important part of our core moving forward. I just wish he got some more recognition for an All-NBA Defense team.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#116 » by Psubs » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:04 pm

MixxSRC wrote:Learn from Siakam experience. That's all i say.

Rico Hines' run. :nod:
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,933

Post#117 » by vulture » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:39 pm

An all defense monster who will never be anything more than a 4th option on a good team imo.
I love OG, but I don't see a 20 PPG scorer with good efficiency on a good team.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#118 » by alienchild » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:56 pm

vulture wrote:An all defense monster who will never be anything more than a 4th option on a good team imo.

:rofl:
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#119 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Six games in a row 20+, that's very repeatable. Highly efficient.

The offence is only getting better. The fact that he's been dominating some good teams and guys his own size/position, gives a direction of where this is headed. Soon we'll be expecting this nightly. We might get it this playoffs.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,495

Post#120 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:29 pm

vulture wrote:An all defense monster who will never be anything more than a 4th option on a good team imo.
He's already a 16PPG scorer with great efficiency. 20 PPG isn't exactly a reach anymore.

Return to Toronto Raptors