ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Siakam vs 15-17 Demar

RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Re: Current Siakam vs 15-17 Demar 

Post#41 » by RaptorPride » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:46 am

TRex520 wrote:Demar has no one else during those 3 years. Fred bricked every shot at that time, until late playoffs last year.

Pascal wasn't the same pascal we have now. We didn't have OG in full health. The most important thing is we had Casey.

So... is it solely demar's fault in the playoffs? I don't think so. People need to stop scapegoat and hate

What are you talking about DeMar had plenty of help.
Demarre Carroll, Patrick Patterson, Greivis Vásquez, Luis Scola, Terrence Ross, Bismack Biyombo, Brick Ibaka, Brick Lou Williams, JV.
Our supporting cast now doesn't even come close to the quality of players DeMar played with.
Look at all the defensive stoppers we had to hide DeMar. And Caseys pound the rock system.
Spoiler:

EarlyRaptor
Junior
And1: 594

Post#42 » by EarlyRaptor » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:48 am

DeMar had his flaws, but Siakam is embarrassing.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#43 » by LJKO » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:57 am

We all know we couldn't get it done with Demar which is why we traded him for Kawhi but to say Pascal is better then Demar is a joke. Demar 1 flaw was always adding that 3 point to his game and if your to ask me to choose between the two it's gonna have to be Demar of course. Thou Demar maybe **** in the playoffs but he's not gonna shoot this $hit at all. If we have Demar I think we could sweep the Celtics with ease because he'll get us buckets and go to the line to draw the foul which Pascal should but isn't doing.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,580

Post#44 » by dTox » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:01 am

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:demar by far, no need to debate/discuss, we did this many times already. siakams better defence still doesnt give him an edge

This is a brutally wrong take. Demar was one of the worst defensive players in the NBA and he was one of the least efficient playoff performers in the history of basketball.

buddy u clearly didnt see demars performances with san antonio and how much better he got under greg pop. he was already an offensive beast with us, add that with all the sht he learned with pop. ya i would bring demar back honestly. so u guys see it for urselves
This thread isn't about 2020 DeRozan though

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,580

Post#45 » by dTox » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:02 am

Siakam can still make winning plays when his shot isn't falling, I can't say the same for Derozan

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,569

Post#46 » by Mak » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:03 am

LJKO wrote:We all know we couldn't get it done with Demar which is why we traded him for Kawhi but to say Pascal is better then Demar is a joke. Demar 1 flaw was always adding that 3 point to his game and if your to ask me to choose between the two it's gonna have to be Demar of course. Thou Demar maybe **** in the playoffs but he's not gonna shoot this $hit at all. If we have Demar I think we could sweep the Celtics with ease because he'll get us buckets and go to the line to draw the foul which Pascal should but isn't doing.

1 flaw? I guess we forgot how bad defensively he was?
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#47 » by LJKO » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:09 am

Mak wrote:
LJKO wrote:We all know we couldn't get it done with Demar which is why we traded him for Kawhi but to say Pascal is better then Demar is a joke. Demar 1 flaw was always adding that 3 point to his game and if your to ask me to choose between the two it's gonna have to be Demar of course. Thou Demar maybe **** in the playoffs but he's not gonna shoot this $hit at all. If we have Demar I think we could sweep the Celtics with ease because he'll get us buckets and go to the line to draw the foul which Pascal should but isn't doing.

Sorry forgot, 2 flaws then :lol:

All I remember is his passing game was coming along but his 3s is still far from reach even thou he say works on it every offseason :noway:

Note: I must correct myself about saying Demar is better then Pascal. Pascal has a lot of potential to be better then Demar but during these playoffs Pascal is showing me he's not better the Demar currently
Oakvillehoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,033

Post#48 » by Oakvillehoops » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:34 am

Derozan has looked amazing with the spurs this year. He’s been an amazing play maker and a very mature game closer. Plus he’s actually trying on defense. Not saying this means we should want him back, but he really is a much better player today
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#49 » by nitrous » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:25 am

Demar for sure.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,658

Post#50 » by kingr » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:25 am

This has to be a joke. Derozan.
Airball Salmons
Rookie
And1: 765

Post#51 » by Airball Salmons » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:28 am

Derozan can actually shoot and dribble.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#52 » by junot111 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:33 am

Mak wrote:

I love how some people are just completely ignoring defense. Once you take the ball out of DeMar's hands, he's not even on the same level as Siakam. Moving without the ball, floor spacing, and playing defense give Pascal the clear advantage. People really hyping up DeMar on the Spurs this year as he led them to 11th in the West lol
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,324

Post#53 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:16 am

junot111 wrote:
Mak wrote:

I love how some people are just completely ignoring defense. Once you take the ball out of DeMar's hands, he's not even on the same level as Siakam. Moving without the ball, floor spacing, and playing defense give Pascal the clear advantage. People really hyping up DeMar on the Spurs this year as he led them to 11th in the West lol

Most here do ignore defence because it is something that isn't as tangible to measure as scoring points. It's the same reason Marc Gasol has been perceived as a total scrub for the past two seasons despite his overall impact on the team's success being significant.

I still and always will find the attachment to a flawed, one-dimensional player that basically sunk this franchise for nearly a half decade bizarre, though.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#54 » by Chandan » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:18 am

This particular game 5 aside, siakam has contribute to the defensive end way more than Derozan ever can. So.. no comparison.
remiga007
Sophomore
And1: 207

Post#55 » by remiga007 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:53 am

I am critical about Demar as much as anyone and believe he was very flawed player and put a limit on how good this team could have been. However current (meaning since about halfway through the season) Siakam is just not a good basketball player, period. So Demar by default.

More interesting question is if "good" Siakam instead of Demar would have made the real difference, meaning getting us past Lebron's Cavs?
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#56 » by Anatomize » Tue Sep 8, 2020 8:20 am

One is a far better defender than the other and can switch on multiple assignments, so it's not really close.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#57 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Sep 8, 2020 8:26 am

I am sooooo disappointed in Siakam's play and offensively his stats resembles DD's playoffs "achievements". Defensively he is sky above DD so this OP is either delusional or a troll.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,582

Post#58 » by NeoDragonKnight » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:34 pm

The real telling play was on Siakams 5th foul, he didn't score, and fustrated fouled the rebounder right after, could tell he was done at that point. He still has time to grow, I just hope he isn't Juan Guzman, who both played crazy good during their championships but fell off right after when the teams star power surrounding them started to dwindle.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#59 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:51 pm

You had to do your best to hide Derozan on defense. At least Siakam can be out there on the defensive end.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#60 » by Chandan » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:07 pm

you talk as if Derozan 15-17 derozan was shooting 50% form the field except for his threes. He was atrocious at all points of attack. his 2 point FG% in those year's playoffs were 40, 39, 43%. He was literally Siakam this year but without the defensive effort.

And he wasn't guarded by Jaylen Brown. he got shut down by JR smith XD

Return to Toronto Raptors