ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Still the CHAMPS!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Re: PG: Still the CHAMPS! 

Post#661 » by Sandman88 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:18 pm

720 wrote:It doesn’t make sense moving Siakam. Simply does not. Unless you want to tank. Because like it or not he’s our best player when he actually is playing at his best.

Now does he have a track record of choking in the playoffs? I guess this series. But I also think he has shown signs of being extremely clutch as well (game 1 vs the warriors, hitting essentially the floater that won us the championship in game 6).

This was his first time being the number one option. Let’s see how he comes back next season.

Lol you want to bring up one lucky Floater when he was never the focus of the defense? Wake up! He’s been regressing since his return from injury
libertyYYZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 754

Post#662 » by libertyYYZ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:25 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter
those no call gold tending’s in game 6 and 7 would not have gone under the radar here. I still have no clue how the refs miss those calls. You should be able Add those points at the end of the quarter After the the guys in Secaucus see it. The league needs to look into making that a rule.

Was thinking the same -- especially after it happened two games in a row. Should only be added if the defensive team recovers the ball on the goaltend since it wouldn't make sense to score twice off the same possession. Nobody should object to these being reviewable plays. Refs do this all the time for 2 vs 3-pointers at the breaks.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,363

Post#663 » by traps#10 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:42 pm

720 wrote:Siakam postgame said he gets better every offseason and that he’s not going to feel sorry for himself and instead use the experience as a learning tool. Said all the greats go through tough times and that he wants to be a great player in the league.

He does get better every offseason. So I hope he means what he says.

He needs to see a sports psychologist if Bubble Ball is implemented again
jaybiddyforeal
Rookie
And1: 1,319

Post#664 » by jaybiddyforeal » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:44 pm

I’ll never forget the feeling I got in the split second where I realized Norm was going to take on half the Celtics team with a minute left. So devastating. I was just screaming “NO” over and over again
JL2002
Senior
And1: 187

Post#665 » by JL2002 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Great year guys. I have to say I actually thought we just couldn't lose despite all the negatives we have faced all year, ie. Losing Kawhi, injuries throughout the season. We pulled through, made history for getting our first sweep, and turning what should've been probably a Boston sweep to a last 2 minute 50/50 game 7. Siakam just needs to grow into this role, be the next Alpha male DD was suppose to be alongside Lowry, glad this series Magnetfied his weaknesses not just in his game, but also mentality. Kawhi masked most of this but he also played similarly from what I remembered in the Philly series last year, scared and almost unwilling to shoot. One thing I am glad is at least Bucks are out of the playoffs too, gives us a some hope of getting him if he doesn't re-sign with the Bucks this year.

See you all next year!
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#666 » by RapsFanInVA » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:55 pm

That was a hell of an effort against a more talented team, especially down 10 with 4 minutes left and making it a one possession game with a minute left. Norm got blocked on an incredible play by Smart then couldn't get the rebound over Tatum. My lasting memory will be FVV getting blocked seemingly 8 times and Siakam's inability to do anything smoothly like Tatum who is a truly gifted star.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#667 » by StopitLeo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:02 pm

Proud we made it a game. We have less high-end talent and never got the “sum greater than the parts” performance that made the team so successful this year. It’s really a credit to the effort and defense that we were in up to the last possessions.
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,220

Post#668 » by sidsid » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:06 pm

I can understand in the moment being gutted after a close game 7 loss, but taking in the context of it; this is not some lost opportunity that was turning on a play or two for a "team of Destiny".

Siakam wasn't going to turn it around in these playoffs no matter how many games we played. This is an offseason fix type of situation.

The two short pg lineup as the backbone of the offense/defense was structurally going to run into these issues no matter what.

The only real bright spot was Lowry's legacy play and seeing more of OG's great development. I could throw in some solid Ibaka play too and just team culture resiliency. For a guy like me who thought our ceiling was likely still the conference finals even with a Siakam playing in early season form, a gutty series taking it to the last possession is just about as good as it gets considering the obstacles. And we weren't seeing any Davis development either so again the positives to build off of were pretty low.

Even if we somehow beat the Heat in the next round with some great Lowry play, there was no chance against an LA team.

A team running into the issues we had in the bubble is usually destined for a Bucks like flameout in the playoffs, not a 7 gamer with some all time games.
babyshaq3
Sophomore
And1: 148

Post#669 » by babyshaq3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:11 pm

We were whistled for 7 more fouls in the last quarter. It happens in the Q1 Game 1 and Q4 Game 7 - I guess a good way to start the series the way it ends.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#670 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:27 pm

bakafool wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:
bakafool wrote:All those mental mistakes point to fatigue.

Fatigue from what? They swept the first round then had 6 days off and did not have to travel anywhere between games. If you’re tired from that then you have no business being a professional athlete. It was the same for every team still playing, how come no one else is fatigued?

Did you not watch the series? Many of our players played a **** ton of minutes. Of course fatigue played a factor. And of course you can't blame everything on that. Feel free to **** on some of the stupid decision making of our players as well. Wise guy.

I actually did watch the series and the Boston starters played just as many minutes. As do most teams who are in the playoffs and play a hard fought series.Why is it that our team is never in shape enough to handle extended playoff minutes? The fatigue card is always the go to excuse. Matt and Jack use it often so it gets everybody on board to use the same excuse but they use it only because they work for MLSE and are afraid to criticize the team.
Iamtheliquor
Rookie
And1: 1,175

Post#671 » by Iamtheliquor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Love this team and proud of the title defense; what a ride it has been. Boston was the better team, yet we were so close to winning that game. SVG was right on the TNT call, our offense was stagnant with no movement and it killed us.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#672 » by Son Goku 25 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:31 pm

babyshaq3 wrote:We were whistled for 7 more fouls in the last quarter. It happens in the Q1 Game 1 and Q4 Game 7 - I guess a good way to start the series the way it ends.

I knew it wss gonna happen the refs kept it pretty even before that and yes there were a few calls and missed calls favoring bos.

After all that, we could have still won which sucks but you gotta respect them.

I just dont respecg selfish ass Fvv and I don't knlw what to think of Siakam. You could tell how hurt and angry Lowry was watching bet on yourself Fvv pound the ball and then get blocked. Powell made a couple of crucial mistakes at the end but im not mad at him, I love Norm...

Bright spot for me was watching the development of OG in his 2nd playoff appearance against an elite team and talent. Wow
Read
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,193

Post#673 » by gerrit4 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Fantastic season, and I loved watching these guys grow.

Call me crazy, because I hated them 24 hours ago, but I think I like the Celtics now. They won me over in that series with their defence and determination.
TheWave
Rookie
And1: 789

Post#674 » by TheWave » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:34 pm

gerrit4 wrote:Fantastic season, and I loved watching these guys grow.

Call me crazy, because I hated them 24 hours ago, but I think I like the Celtics now. They won me over in that series with their defence and determination.

BOSTON?! They were absolute trash last night. The only reason we lost was because Trashcal decided to be the literal trashcan of the team in a G7
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,922

Post#675 » by NinjaBro » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:44 pm

TheWave wrote:
gerrit4 wrote:Fantastic season, and I loved watching these guys grow.

BOSTON?! They were absolute trash last night. The only reason we lost was because Trashcal decided to be the literal trashcan of the team in a G7

It was a total horror show, turnover after turnover. Couldn't believe what I was watching. Powell driving head first into the entire Boston team. Gasol totally useless. FVV getting blocked 15 times during the game over and over again. WTF was I even watching?
babyshaq3
Sophomore
And1: 148

Post#676 » by babyshaq3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:
babyshaq3 wrote:We were whistled for 7 more fouls in the last quarter. It happens in the Q1 Game 1 and Q4 Game 7 - I guess a good way to start the series the way it ends.

I knew it wss gonna happen the refs kept it pretty even before that and yes there were a few calls and missed calls favoring bos.

After all that, we could have still won which sucks but you gotta respect them.

I just dont respecg selfish ass Fvv and I don't knlw what to think of Siakam. You could tell how hurt and angry Lowry was watching bet on yourself Fvv pound the ball and then get blocked. Powell made a couple of crucial mistakes at the end but im not mad at him, I love Norm...

Bright spot for me was watching the development of OG in his 2nd playoff appearance against an elite team and talent. Wow

This is the team that builds players where nothing was given to them and everything was earned. I think our player will come through. Just like what Kyle said, they wrote him off after the Wizard and multiple Cleveland series. He comes back better and stronger. I think Siakam will too.

With Siakam and more so with Derozan before, they can't get to the line in the playoff while other superstars continue to get to the line. Superstars get bailout when they have bad games by getting to the free-throw line. That just the way it works. Need to develop the in-between game instead of shooting the threes - that is play-off basketball. Once the defense can't stop you, then you will start getting calls from the ref as well.
GIZMO
Analyst
And1: 1,758

Post#677 » by GIZMO » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:55 pm

Didn’t expect much out of the year. Great run by the champs, a ton of heart! I am expecting changes, but will remember this team! Where is the Sam Mitchel predictions prior to regular season start!

Love my Raps especially this team, heart of a champion!!!
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,872

Post#678 » by bape_lovers » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:57 pm

Miami is always my 2nd team and of course Kawhi..I love watching Jimmy

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,983

Post#679 » by MavCarter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:00 pm