ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Still the CHAMPS!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,847

Re: PG: Still the CHAMPS! 

Post#681 » by rocky_da_best » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm

sidsid wrote:I can understand in the moment being gutted after a close game 7 loss, but taking in the context of it; this is not some lost opportunity that was turning on a play or two for a "team of Destiny".

Siakam wasn't going to turn it around in these playoffs no matter how many games we played. This is an offseason fix type of situation.

The two short pg lineup as the backbone of the offense/defense was structurally going to run into these issues no matter what.

The only real bright spot was Lowry's legacy play and seeing more of OG's great development. I could throw in some solid Ibaka play too and just team culture resiliency. For a guy like me who thought our ceiling was likely still the conference finals even with a Siakam playing in early season form, a gutty series taking it to the last possession is just about as good as it gets considering the obstacles. And we weren't seeing any Davis development either so again the positives to build off of were pretty low.

Even if we somehow beat the Heat in the next round with some great Lowry play, there was no chance against an LA team.

A team running into the issues we had in the bubble is usually destined for a Bucks like flameout in the playoffs, not a 7 gamer with some all time games.

Well said. I had some time to cool off and while I'm still disappointed it ended the way it did, they did battle to even get it to a game 7. Lowry for me further cemented his legacy. If there are still people that hate on him out there I dunno wtf you're smoking.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#682 » by Scott Hall » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Read on Twitter
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#683 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

technically he didn't play. so his streak is alive.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,172

Post#684 » by Steven1562 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:36 pm

After having a sleep. Tough loss great season. Pascal i'm dissapointed but i hope you rise to the occasion. To our unrestricted free agents Fred Gasol and Ibaka. If it's goodbye. Thanks for the memories.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
Tortiglioni
Starter
And1: 3,945

Post#685 » by Tortiglioni » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:37 pm

Nick Nurse shat the bed.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#686 » by Bankai » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:37 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is why we lost, the Raptors didnt have McCaw on the sidelines. Now you can see why the rabid hate towards our Good Luck Charm was unwarranted.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,835

Post#687 » by Live Free » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Maxscal Siakam
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,872

Post#688 » by bape_lovers » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:58 pm

I know people hate him but I think McCaw would be great defending the likes of Tatum and Brown and Fvv/Lowry PG

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
babyshaq3
Sophomore
And1: 148

Post#689 » by babyshaq3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:59 pm

MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

lol
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#690 » by Wo1verine » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:59 pm

allow 92 points and lose the game .. Unreal still salty tbh
BrunoSkull
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#691 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Great season, great effort. Hurts, but hey, that’s why we have booze, drugs and sex. Happy coping!
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#692 » by Scott Hall » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#693 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:39 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
sidsid wrote:I can understand in the moment being gutted after a close game 7 loss, but taking in the context of it; this is not some lost opportunity that was turning on a play or two for a "team of Destiny".

Siakam wasn't going to turn it around in these playoffs no matter how many games we played. This is an offseason fix type of situation.

The two short pg lineup as the backbone of the offense/defense was structurally going to run into these issues no matter what.

The only real bright spot was Lowry's legacy play and seeing more of OG's great development. I could throw in some solid Ibaka play too and just team culture resiliency. For a guy like me who thought our ceiling was likely still the conference finals even with a Siakam playing in early season form, a gutty series taking it to the last possession is just about as good as it gets considering the obstacles. And we weren't seeing any Davis development either so again the positives to build off of were pretty low.

Even if we somehow beat the Heat in the next round with some great Lowry play, there was no chance against an LA team.

A team running into the issues we had in the bubble is usually destined for a Bucks like flameout in the playoffs, not a 7 gamer with some all time games.

Well said. I had some time to cool off and while I'm still disappointed it ended the way it did, they did battle to even get it to a game 7. Lowry for me further cemented his legacy. If there are still people that hate on him out there I dunno wtf you're smoking.

Filterless Trolls or Scapegoat chewin tabacky. If they were smoking Gange they wouldn't have such frickin' lame assessments.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#694 » by VancouverRaps » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Silver lining. A lot of Raps fans/players still felt disrespected even after winning the championship but the Celtics just barely beat the Raps despite Siakam really struggling. I know Hayward was out but still.

Pretty much every reasonable NBA fan now acknowledges that the Raps would easily run through the East had Kawhi stayed. The narrative in the basketball world has shifted from “Kawhi carried them and they got lucky” to “damn they could’ve gone back to back if Kawhi stayed”

In that sense, this team further validated last year’s championship. I personally didn’t care much about what people said about last year, but I know it bothered some Raps fans.
We the Champs
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#695 » by raptorstime » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:45 pm

babyshaq3 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

gonna be so sweet to see the heat sweep this clown
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#696 » by fbalmeida » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Siakam scores his average, and we'd have won, reached the finals, and made some noise.

Mission for next year. Renew the 5 spot, figure out how to help Siakam figure himself out, and ride the improvement of Fred, Norm, OG, TD2, Brissett, Watson, and... Siakam to a record smashing season.

We're still beautiful.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
RealGM
And1: 66,421

Post#697 » by 720 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:55 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
720 wrote:It doesn’t make sense moving Siakam. Simply does not. Unless you want to tank. Because like it or not he’s our best player when he actually is playing at his best.

Now does he have a track record of choking in the playoffs? I guess this series. But I also think he has shown signs of being extremely clutch as well (game 1 vs the warriors, hitting essentially the floater that won us the championship in game 6).

This was his first time being the number one option. Let’s see how he comes back next season.

Lol you want to bring up one lucky Floater when he was never the focus of the defense? Wake up! He’s been regressing since his return from injury

Even if we should trade him, his value is probably at its lowest than ever before. Need to let him boost his numbers (like we did with Demar for years) so that we can get a high level star or superstar in a trade.
RealGM
And1: 66,421

Post#698 » by 720 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:59 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Silver lining. A lot of Raps fans/players still felt disrespected even after winning the championship but the Celtics just barely beat the Raps despite Siakam really struggling. I know Hayward was out but still.

Pretty much every reasonable NBA fan now acknowledges that the Raps would easily run through the East had Kawhi stayed. The narrative in the basketball world has shifted from “Kawhi carried them and they got lucky” to “damn they could’ve gone back to back if Kawhi stayed”

In that sense, this team further validated last year’s championship. I personally didn’t care much about what people said about last year, but I know it bothered some Raps fans.

Hayward out helped the Celtics lol.

Smart literally became a defensive steph curry for them in crucial parts of this series.
In The City
Sophomore
And1: 206

Post#699 » by In The City » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:11 pm

fbalmeida wrote:Siakam scores his average, and we'd have won, reached the finals, and made some noise.

Mission for next year. Renew the 5 spot, figure out how to help Siakam figure himself out, and ride the improvement of Fred, Norm, OG, TD2, Brissett, Watson, and... Siakam to a record smashing season.

We're still beautiful.

Siakam should build on his handles and mid-range game. He's not going to be a Kawhi type player (Siakam has other skill sets) but he needs to be more like Kawhi and develop a better mid-range game. Dribbling, shooting, playmaking are priorities. I also feel that Siakam needs to get a little meaner. Seems too nice. I really like Pascal but he looked a bit down and timid during this series.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#700 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:14 pm

In The City wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:Siakam scores his average, and we'd have won, reached the finals, and made some noise.

We're still beautiful.

Siakam should build on his handles and mid-range game. He's not going to be a Kawhi type player (Siakam has other skill sets) but he needs to be more like Kawhi and develop a better mid-range game. Dribbling, shooting, playmaking are priorities. I also feel that Siakam needs to get a little meaner. Seems too nice. I really like Pascal but he looked a bit down and timid during this series.

both Siakam and OG need a summer camp of ball handling and jumpshots. those the fundamentals that will help the Raptors.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.

Return to Toronto Raptors