ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: To the Raptor fans saying Siakam was comparable to Tatum

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Re: PG: To the Raptor fans saying Siakam was comparable to Tatum 

Post#21 » by dgr81 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:16 am

Siakam didn't want to be in the bubble. Maybe he had personal **** going on.

He was having a great season before the bubble.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,526

Post#22 » by Jcity08 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 am

We still have a few years before we really need to worry about Siakams contract but we need to see consistency, especially in the playoffs or were going to have massive issues dowb the road.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#23 » by hype_2004 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 am

Zookz wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:Pascal deserves the criticism. He's playing like a fraud for the max money he's going to get. In a close game 7 and leading the GAME in turnovers. Forget his absence in scoring, those errant turnovers late in the game are inexcusable.

He's a professional yet looked like he was lost in every single way.

At some point, you have to stop making excuses for an abysmal performance.
Hopefully he can use his errors as motivation over the next few months, but I think what really irritated me the most about his mistakes was that he didn't appear to be upset after making them, like he was mentally checked out a few games ago. All we can hope for is that this is a really costly learning experience and turns him into a better player going forward...

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app

Yeah seems like his mind was somewhere else, I'm not going to make an excuse for the guy but it seems like the bubble is not made for a guy like Siakam who feeds off fans energy. Without the crowd he looked disinterested, He's the kind of guy that needs an audience to shine.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#24 » by hype_2004 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 am

dgr81 wrote:Siakam didn't want to be in the bubble. Maybe he had personal **** going on.

He was having a great season before the bubble.

Yeah I truly believe this, something was definitely bothering the guy.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#25 » by Raptors Realtor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:20 am

This board can be so bipolar sometimes... We had a bad series, and were still in it in the last 30 secs of game 7... It's not like we got smoked, but for some of you guys maybe that would have been a better scenario for your psyches.
Jcity08
RealGM

Post#26 » by Jcity08 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:23 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:This board can be so bipolar sometimes... We had a bad series, and were still in it in the last 30 secs of game 7... It's not like we got smoked, but for some of you guys maybe that would have been a better scenario for your psyches.

:banghead:
We are discussing Siakams performance.

Yeah guys showed up, but Siakam wasn't the reason we made it a contest, in fact, he was directly responsible for the lead swinging the other direction.

alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#27 » by alpngso » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:24 am

well now we know
now we are all well educated
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#28 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:24 am

okay Siakam is still making his rookie contract money. its really next year he should be counting his $$$ per point/reb/ast lol.

but ya he played like ****. Tatum and Brown are just fundamentally better than Siakam. thats what playing basketball for a long time will help you with. Siakam's lack of basketball history and skillset really hurt him this series with also being burdened with the expected output of a max contract player.

so yes - would the homers to stop using the excuse of "but he's only been playing basketball for the last 6-7 years" while comparing him to Tatum and now, apparently, Brown as well. Celtics are going up and Raptors probably seeds 4,5,6,7,8 next few years. maybe overachieving in the next 5 years until help comes.

Raps definitely need to hit in all of their picks to stay competitive and to replenish the talent gap they have on the roster. I would even go as far as tanking next year and let Masai and his scouts get a top lottery level player. If the scouts are amazing with low FRP and SRPs imagine what they can do with lottery level picks.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#29 » by Raptors Realtor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:29 am

Jcity08 wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:This board can be so bipolar sometimes... We had a bad series, and were still in it in the last 30 secs of game 7... It's not like we got smoked, but for some of you guys maybe that would have been a better scenario for your psyches.

Yeah guys showed up, but Siakam wasn't the reason we made it a contest, in fact, he was directly responsible for the lead swinging the other direction.

Read the thread dude, the posts go far beyond just a Siakim vs Tatum comparison as per the thread title, but maybe the constant banging of your head against a wall has impacted your reading comprehension.
Jcity08
RealGM

Post#30 » by Jcity08 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:37 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:

Read the thread dude, the posts go far beyond just a Siakim vs Tatum comparison as per the thread title, but maybe the constant banging of your head against a wall has impacted your reading comprehension.

No my reading comprehension is just fine. This thread is not about the Series, its about Siakam and his performance. You coming into this thread looking to insult everyone is pathetic.

You are trying to create a narrative that everyone is upset that we took a good team to a close series when that furthest from the truth.

Im banging my head to lose enough brain cells to get to down to your level of stupidity.

maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#31 » by maternal85 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:39 am

Horrible series by Pascal for sure. But Tatum is a 2nd tier star, who hasn't won anything. Let's be real here. He's no LeBron or KL2. He got to go 1 on 1 with 6 foot FVV.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#32 » by Raptors Realtor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:54 am

Jcity08 wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:

No my reading comprehension is just fine. This thread is not about the Series, its about Siakam and his performance. You coming into this thread looking to insult everyone is pathetic.

You are trying to create a narrative that everyone is upset that we took a good team to a close series when that furthest from the truth.

Im banging my head to lose enough brain cells to get to down to your level of stupidity.

No your reading comprehension is definitely lacking. First of all, I'm not insulting everyone I'm making an observation based on a number of posts in this thread and others which show how bandwagon-esque some posters on this board can be, and for some reason you're trying to generalize what I said into some blanket insult. And re-read my first post, I didn't say we took a good team to game 7 and therefore we should be happy, I said we played like crap all series and were still in it to the final 30 secs of game 7.

Anyway save your breath, as fun as it is, I'm not gonna keep going back and forth.
Jcity08
RealGM

Post#33 » by Jcity08 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:

No your reading comprehension is definitely lacking. First of all, I'm not insulting everyone I'm making an observation based on a number of posts in this thread which show how bandwagon-esque some posters on this board can be, and for some reason you're trying to generalize what I said into some blanket insult. And re-read my first post, I didn't say we took a good team to game 7 and therefore we should be happy, I said we played like crap all series and were still in it to the final 30 secs of game 7.

Thats literally saying the exact same thing, different phrasing, same substance. We played like crap and were still in it 30 seconds of game 7. Great. Thank you for your astute observation.

Calling people bipolar when the subject has NOTHING to do with the result of the game but about Siakams performance, is some GRADE A baiting for a reaction.

And then saying "It's not like we got smoked, but for some of you guys maybe that would have been a better scenario for your psyches."

Yeah you knew exactly what you were doing there.

Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#34 » by Raptors Realtor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:41 am

Jcity08 wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:

No your reading comprehension is definitely lacking. First of all, I'm not insulting everyone I'm making an observation based on a number of posts in this thread which show how bandwagon-esque some posters on this board can be, and for some reason you're trying to generalize what I said into some blanket insult. And re-read my first post, I didn't say we took a good team to game 7 and therefore we should be happy, I said we played like crap all series and were still in it to the final 30 secs of game 7.

Thats literally saying the exact same thing, different phrasing, same substance. We played like crap and were still in it 30 seconds of game 7. Great. Thank you for your astute observation.

Calling people bipolar when the subject has NOTHING to do with the result of the game but about Siakams performance, is some GRADE A baiting for a reaction.

And then saying "It's not like we got smoked, but for some of you guys maybe that would have been a better scenario for your psyches."

I wasn't baiting sh*t, I call it like I see it... Bipolar isn't a stretch when people's opinions of this team & players flip flop from game to game. After games we won in this series, people are saying "throw the max at steady Freddy", and after games we lose its like "let the midget walk" or "have fun in Detroit/New York". I get people are disappointed, I'm disappointed, I'm as invested in this team as much as anyone, I watch every game too. Anyway, of course there are going to be some negative threads after getting booted from the playoffs, but to come on here and see 80% of threads/posts being negative or bashing or turning on the players, the same players who contributed to our championship last season, is whack.
Jcity08
RealGM

Post#35 » by Jcity08 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:03 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:

I wasn't baiting sh*t, I call it like I see it... Bipolar isn't a stretch when people's opinions of this team & players flip flop from game to game. After games we won in this series, people are saying "throw the max at steady Freddy", and after games we lose its like "let the midget walk" or "have fun in Detroit/New York". I get people are disappointed, I'm disappointed, I'm as invested in this team as much anyone, I watch every game. Anyway, of course there are going to be some negative threads after getting booted from the playoffs, but to come on here and see 80% of threads/posts being negative or bashing the players, the same players who contributed to our championship last season, is whack.

So you chose to vent your frustrations because of some extreme takes and yes you did bait, you blatantly threw out blanket insults in this thread. Suggesting people are being bipolar and getting blown out would have been better for some of our "psyches" is baiting.

You just used this thread to vent about a bunch of negative threads being made that you find is too much.

I dont even disagree with what you're upset about but that has nothing to do with this thread, the discussion was pretty mild, outside of like 1 poster and was focused on Siakams personal performance which even the player acknowledges was bad.

Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#36 » by Raptors Realtor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:33 am

Jcity08 wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:

I wasn't baiting sh*t, I call it like I see it... Bipolar isn't a stretch when people's opinions of this team & players flip flop from game to game. After games we won in this series, people are saying "throw the max at steady Freddy", and after games we lose its like "let the midget walk" or "have fun in Detroit/New York". I get people are disappointed, I'm disappointed, I'm as invested in this team as much anyone, I watch every game. Anyway, of course there are going to be some negative threads after getting booted from the playoffs, but to come on here and see 80% of threads/posts being negative or bashing the players, the same players who contributed to our championship last season, is whack.

So you chose to vent your frustrations because of some extreme takes and yes you did bait, you blatantly threw out blanket insults in this thread. Suggesting people are being bipolar and getting blown out would have been better for some of our "psyches" is baiting.

You just used this thread to vent about a bunch of negative threads being made that you find is too much.

I dont even disagree with what you're upset about but that has nothing to do with this thread, the discussion was pretty mild, outside of like 1 poster and was focused on Siakams personal performance which even the player acknowledges was bad.

No sh*t Siakim was terrible the entire bubble, I didn't say he wasn't. Anyway you're exhausting, I'm over this back and forth petty bs, go find someone else who has nothing better to do then debate context of posts.
Jcity08
RealGM

Post#37 » by Jcity08 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:40 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:

No sh*t Siakim was terrible the entire bubble, I didn't say he wasn't. Anyway you're exhausting, I'm over this back and forth petty bs, go find someone else who has nothing better to do then debate context of posts.

Great talking to you too. Hopefully you'll stop the random petty personal insults and baiting responses because you have nothing better to do but vent your frustrations over the context of posts.

d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,349

Post#38 » by d00lttle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 am

At least he played better than PG13 in a game 7.

Return to Toronto Raptors