ImageImageImageImageImage

Pascal We Love You

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,111

Re: Pascal We Love You 

Post#81 » by xAIRNESSx » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:52 pm

I don’t know why people so quickly give up hope.

Pascal’s shown he’s a hard worker and has gotten better every year.
arneil
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#82 » by arneil » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
arneil wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
We weren't comparing pascal to a bust lottery pick. We are comparing him to a top 2 pick becoming a max player. The graph plotting the growth of that number 2 overall, will have fewer valleys than that of a 27th overall pick.

I'm not talking about performance, I'm taking about growth consistency.

There will always be outliers. Jokic is an outlier.

Well lets just be honest here now. Judging players based on where they were drafted is pretty irrelevant when its been what?...four years now? Pascal was drafted in 2016. He's in the NBA. That's all that matters now. So you judge Pascal based on what he's doing now in the NBA not when he was drafted. So with that said. From what Ive seen. I think Pascal is a very good player. Fringe all star. Not sure if he has the superstar mentality. I hope he proves me wrong though next season. I want him to prove me wrong. But I just didnt see him step it up in this years playoffs.

And Kawhi Leonard and Paul George completely disappeared in their game 7. Did PG even show up for any of the games? If tier 1 players can show inconsistency, and even struggle in the bubble environment, I'm not going to pass judgement on Pascal now.

Kyle Lowry, at 26, was not the Kyle Lowry we have now. Let's have some patience, regardless of the pay.

Makes sense what you say. Let's see what Pascal does next year.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#83 » by Westside Gunn » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:12 pm

It goes to show if Kawhi and George can disappear, then you are absolutely f***** if you have Pascal.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
vbmeer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#84 » by vbmeer » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:27 pm

I'd argue Pascal was very consistent in this year's playoffs. He was consistently bad on offense because he lacks the bag of tricks needed to work against a set playoff defense that takes away his easy transition buckets and forces him to take non-rhythm 3 pointers when his rather simple half-court inside game isn't working for him.

Kawhi had 2 out of 13 bad games. PG had 9 out of 13 bad games. Siakam was mediocre to outright terrible in all games.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#85 » by mdenny » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:39 pm

The only way we could stop celtics 3 ball was by playing siakum at the 5.

How many other players can we say that about who also score?

For every Pascal turnover/missed shot.....we had the celtics failing in trying to score inside.

That's why it came down to one possession more than anything else. Pascal was versatile enough to for us to play a lineup that stopped boston 3s.
jacinto
Freshman
And1: 56

Post#86 » by jacinto » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:25 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:I don’t know why people so quickly give up hope.

I never had hope, so nothing to give up.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#87 » by binjumper » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Man like 75% should just delete your accounts. Talking about pascal has no drive. jesus :crazy:
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#88 » by Danny1616 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Question: Did Pascal exceed your expectations during the regular season?

The answer obviously is YES.

Question: Did Pascal's season play create unrealistic expectations during the playoffs?

Question: Did 4 months off during COVID-19 impact Siakim's performance?

Question: Is it fair to critique Siakim's offensive performance in the playoffs?

So, it's fair to say Pascal had a phenomenal season where he exceeded expectations, but played pretty bad offensively in the playoffs. It's also fair to note that these playoffs were abnormal with the 4 month lay-off.

I was disappointed with his offensive performance, but I'm not losing sight that Pascal's leap over the last 3 years is one of the craziest jumps I've ever seen from a player. The dude went from a raw 27th overall pick to a G-League player to the #1 option on a contending team in a 3 year span, that's almost unheard off.

Everyone needs to relax, Pascal will be just fine.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#89 » by RalphWiggum » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Pascal I hate you. I can live with poor results, I can't live with stupid and selfish play after not touching a basketball knowing the league was coming back.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#90 » by SurgeIblocka » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:02 pm

What i really want to know is how much Pascal’s injury affected him and if it is still lingering. He has not been the same since that injury.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#91 » by redeye514 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 pm

jacinto wrote:

I never had hope, so nothing to give up.

That's a fun way to live your life.... :roll:
redeye514
Analyst

Post#92 » by redeye514 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:13 pm

RalphWiggum wrote:Pascal I hate you. I can live with poor results, I can't live with stupid and selfish play after not touching a basketball knowing the league was coming back.

Hating on someone who just played an integral part of bringing us our first championship in our quarter century existence. You must have a lot of friends Ralphy.
redeye514
Analyst

Post#93 » by redeye514 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:It goes to show if Kawhi and George can disappear, then you are absolutely f***** if you have Pascal.

That's you're take???

Or maybe it just goes to show that everyone, even Mr. Robot himself Kamhi, is in fact human and capable of having bad playoffs / moments mixed in with good playoffs / moments.
redeye514
Analyst

Post#94 » by redeye514 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:27 pm

For realz.

I have come to understand that a ton of people view life in a 100% risk averse way.

In RealGM, this translates to many posters who abide by the 'Bad Scenario X is the most likely outcome, so I refuse to think Good Scenario Y might play out because I am afraid of feeling disappointed. At least this way, I can say 'I told you so' and not feel let down' mindset.

These people are generally the ones in life who wonder why soo many good things happen to those around them while they remain 'stuck in a rut', or live a life filled with 'bad luck'. They hide under the moniker of being 'a realist' and fail to recognize that great things happen to those who are willing to take risks, regardless of whether its great things within your state of mind or tangible successes. They are the same posters who can win a championship one year, and continue to live in misery the next.. never taking accountability for their own mindset. Really sad...
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#95 » by MixxSRC » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Everytime a guy regresses people say it's because he made money and no longer hungry. It's a **** script at this point
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#96 » by Westside Gunn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:56 pm

redeye514 wrote:
Westside Gunn wrote:It goes to show if Kawhi and George can disappear, then you are absolutely f***** if you have Pascal.

That's you're take???

Or maybe it just goes to show that everyone, even Mr. Robot himself Kamhi, is in fact human and capable of having bad playoffs / moments mixed in with good playoffs / moments.

I discussed this before:

You are more 100% more likely to win with a game changing SF on his own than some all star PF on his own, unless if your name is Dirk.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#97 » by Steelo Green » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:15 pm

He did work hard but then got paid and took 3 months off to play X Box.
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#98 » by -AirCanada- » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:14 am

Jayt99 wrote:Jordan never failed as hard as Siakam wtf. Jordan takes this team to the finals easily.

rofl
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#99 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:31 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:What i really want to know is how much Pascal’s injury affected him and if it is still lingering. He has not been the same since that injury.

He was grabbing his shorts during the whole bubble.
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#100 » by agentzero2010 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:53 am

This is what pisses me off about casual fans and bandwagon fans. They barely show up when raptors were a "fringe contender" and they barely knew the raptor players aside from Lowry and DeRozan. Raptors got Kawhi, won the chip and all these casual fans flood the streets as if they have been with the team from day 1. Fast forward 16 months, Raptors have the 2nd best record in the league without Kawhi and have far exceeded expectations. Siakam struggles and these casual fans turn on him like he owes them millions in debt.

Lets get things straight, Siakam was still on his rookie deal and is fresh off of a 4 month stoppage in which none of us know what happened to him during that stretch. Maybe he contracted covid and nobody found out? maybe he sustained an injury that nobody found out? Everyone goes into a bubble campus with no fans and no home court advantage and no family or off-days away from basketball. Not everyone can excel under those conditions and certainly Siakam suffered in the bubble. His game is predicated on his energy and he feeds off of the home crowd for energy, no question about that. Also the dude is 24 months removed from being a bench player to a number 1 option as a key ball handler. No every one is as naturally gifted as Luka, everyone is going to go through rough and ugly stretches. Its how you come out of those rough stretches that defines the rest of your career. Heck, LeBron was a back to back MVP and couldn't post up against JJ Barrea and now look at his career since his 2011 Finals failure.

Casual fans need to zip it and let the young players develop. This is why the Leafs are never good. The moment they show signs of improvement and exceed expectations, the fans and media dump a load of unrealistic expectations on the players. When they fail to meet such expectations, the fans proceed to roasting the players and run them out of town. Us raptor fans need to be better than that because he know better.

Return to Toronto Raptors