ImageImageImageImageImage

Poetic Justice

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Re: Poetic Justice 

Post#21 » by SurgeIblocka » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 am

Raptaz wrote:A lot of you hold such personal grudges for someone who doesn't even know you exist.

The energy yall put into hoping another person fails, or to make you feel better is wasted on a celebrity .

I personally enjoyed kawhi as a player and his demeanor before his arrival .

The fact that both the raptors and kawhi were eliminated in game 7 should reinforce how special last season was.

I personally like the nuggets team better than the clippers.

The fact a lot of you can spit such venom or show such a weak mentality is sad.

The man gave the raptors his all, provided historic game 7 winning shot, shared his personality more with the raptors than the other two teams, the memes and one liners aren't something you see with the clippers

This isnt poetic justice, he didn't do no wrong by make a decision he was able to make according to the rules of the game .

Not poetic.. justice for what him playing a role in the raptors winning ?

I would have felt that too but this wasn’t just simply going home to play. It was way more than that!!

He strung us along and played with our emotions including his entire crew and family.

Why the fk did you take our jet and fly back and act like your giving us a fair chance.

We had more money to give, we had a proven championship and if you really only wanted to play in LA why string everyone the fk along. You should have signed with Clips first day!

You screwed Lakers from getting other free agents by making them wait as well. You manipulated the whole situation, you blatantly circumvented the rules by asking for planes, cash, money and jobs for your family and friends. You got paid under the table by Balmer. You wanted to show you were better than Bron by having your own team in LA .
You screwed your long time teammate in Danny Green and you didn’t even have the courtesy to tell him to let him make a decision, you strung everyone along!

You also screwed the Clippers future by forcing them to trade the entire farm and future for PG who you ranked better than Lowry ( LOL ) .

Oh and you got Balmer to try and buy your logo back for you While you were still playing for us!

You had Balmers henchman the Woj say on the same day we won the chip that Kawhi is 100% out.

So go fk yourself Kawhi cause you and your crew deserve what you got and I hope you never go to the finals again.

Like i said Kawhi’s a b*tch .... oops I meant Karma’s a b*tch
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#22 » by Raptaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:
Raptaz wrote:A lot of you hold such personal grudges for someone who doesn't even know you exist.

The energy yall put into hoping another person fails, or to make you feel better is wasted on a celebrity .

The fact that both the raptors and kawhi were eliminated in game 7 should reinforce how special last season was.

The man gave the raptors his all, provided historic game 7 winning shot, shared his personality more with the raptors than the other two teams, the memes and one liners aren't something you see with the clippers

This isnt poetic justice, he didn't do no wrong by make a decision he was able to make according to the rules of the game .

I would have felt that too but this wasn’t just simply going home to play. It was way more than that!!

He strung us along and played with our emotions including his entire crew and family.

Why the fk did you take our jet and fly back and act like your giving us a fair chance.

We had more money to give, we had a proven championship and if you really only wanted to play in LA why string everyone the fk along. You should have signed with Clips first day!

You screwed Lakers from getting other free agents by making them wait as well. You manipulated the whole situation, you blatantly circumvented the rules by asking for planes, cash, money and jobs for your family and friends. You got paid under the table by Balmer. You wanted to show you were better than Bron by having your own team in LA .
You screwed your long time teammate in Danny Green and you didn’t even have the courtesy to tell him to let him make a decision, you strung everyone along!

You also screwed the Clippers future by forcing them to trade the entire farm and future for PG who you ranked better than Lowry ( LOL ) .

So go fk yourself Kawhi cause you and your crew deserve what you got and I hope you never go to the finals again.

It's part of the game, leverage is key. Karma for make the best decision for himself lol.

Its cool tho! keep that with you forever, ill be grateful for all the good moments he was apart of.

Bless
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,180

Post#23 » by Steven1562 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 am

I think people are also mad at Kawhi because he continues the narrative that the star never stays in Toronto. This isn't the Vince situation where management was crap. Masai is a great GM. Nurse is a great coach. We had good enough players to win again. To turn your back on that? Well good luck in Clipper land because it ain't all roses on the other side.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#24 » by SurgeIblocka » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 am

Raptaz wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:

It's part of the game, leverage is key. Karma for make the best decision for himself lol.

Its cool tho! keep that with you forever, ill be grateful for all the good moments he was apart of.

Bless

Karma for screwing everyone over from a city that treated him like a Demi God, to a franchise that catered to every need , to even his new team by forcing them to trade for a player that was never a winner and making that same team give up all its future. He doesn’t care about being a clipper he just cares about himself and his brand.

So yeah Karma for being a b*tch and using everyone!
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#25 » by Raptaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:
Raptaz wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:

Bless

Karma for screwing everyone over from a city that treated him like a Demi God, to a franchise that catered to every need , to even his new team by forcing them to trade for a player that was never a winner and making that same team give up all its future. He doesn’t care about being a clipper he just cares about himself and his brand.

So yeah Karma for being a b*tch and using everyone!

He didn't ask the city to treat him this way, his play and caliber player did

You act like you were involved in free agency and signing players and it messed with your plans.

Any superstar thats been free agent always set dominoes effect for the rest, kawhi is no different.

I'm grateful for the guy and for what he did vs him wanting to go home before toronto was even involved.

Positive vibes
Godsplan
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#26 » by Godsplan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 am

PT416 wrote:Man I think us getting knocked out a couple days ago really made us root against Kawhi. If we had made the ECF, we wouldn't have this chip on our shoulder of showing the world that Kawhi didn't carry us. Now that he lost in the WCF
Spoiler:
Edit: Meant 2nd round
it is just satisfying to know that we weren't carried by this one dude and that our whole team was elite. And also I feel like he needed to learn that too because the way he handled those situations where we were on his nuts about carrying the team because we wanted him to re-sign, it just seemed like he actually believed he carried us as well. And the way he's shocked right now kind of proves it. Also the fact that literally the rest of his team is full of dirty players and douchebags made it a lot easier to root against them too. I feel good. I think this was the only thing that could have made me feel better after losing game 7. Closure.

Eh. I think I’m the narrative was the raptors just couldn’t get past lebron and Demar(and Lowry) were chokers. That’s what a lot of people thought. That was a silly narrative though I don’t think Demar was the man for the job. Raptors were just “one piece away”

2 things can be true at once. The raptors are a well built team that deserves more credit than thinking they were a team of bums carried by Kawhi.

However , Kawhi, did help them to the promise as the best player on that team, and was clutch/more better of a 1st option than Demar was. That could never be taken away from him.
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#27 » by -AirCanada- » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:The only people this salty about Kawhi leaving are the same ones who called us craptors when we were struggling, and only recently jumped on the bandwagon once we started winning. Real fans who remember the days of starting Milt Palacio and Loren Woods appreciate Kawhi for what he helped bring this city. The guy did what he was brought here to do and then he went home. It's that simple.

what is this?

**** Kawhi

**** the clippers

Stay on some soft ****
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#28 » by Par36 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 am

Just sit back and laugh as he wastes 2 years..or more on a Clippers that has no means to improve.

Home town hero alright. :lol:
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#29 » by wtcantfw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Godsplan wrote:Eh. I think I’m the narrative was the raptors just couldn’t get past lebron and Demar(and Lowry) were chokers. That’s what a lot of people thought. That was a silly narrative though I don’t think Demar was the man for the job. Raptors were just “one piece away”

2 things can be true at once. The raptors are a well built team that deserves more credit than thinking they were a team of bums carried by Kawhi.

However , Kawhi, did help them to the promise as the best player on that team, and was clutch/more better of a 1st option than Demar was. That could never be taken away from him.

Yes, both points are true. The difference is, the Raps were not getting due credit for your first point - for being the TEAM that won the championship last year. According to the media, it was all Kawhi. The Clippers losing the way that they did with a more talented roster just disproves that narrative.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,039

Post#30 » by ItsDanger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Kawhi & his crew used our team as leverage to get what he wanted in LA. This is poetic justice.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,778

Post#31 » by nestea » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Claw wanted a doc should of went with a Nurse
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#32 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 pm

In general I approve of bitterness and being petty. Anyone, having been here from day 1, has experienced fan bases of other teams laughing at us. We were a league joke for numerous years.

So, yes, have at it.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Godsplan
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#33 » by Godsplan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm

wtcantfw wrote:
Godsplan wrote:Eh. I think I’m the narrative was the raptors just couldn’t get past lebron and Demar(and Lowry) were chokers. That’s what a lot of people thought. That was a silly narrative though I don’t think Demar was the man for the job. Raptors were just “one piece away”

Yes, both points are true. The difference is, the Raps were not getting due credit for your first point - for being the TEAM that won the championship last year. According to the media, it was all Kawhi. The Clippers losing the way that they did with a more talented roster just disproves that narrative.

Well we are in a star-ran league that are run with narratives and hot takes. Saying Kawhi did all the work, is just proping up Kawhi as the next guy to “take Lebron throne” especially after KD got hurt.
I said this before, Kawhi is a boring guy. All the narratives around him usually surrounds Lebron

Kawhi won his first FMVP Guarding Bron
Bron plays for the Lakers...Kawhi plays for the “other” LA team
Kawhi won a ring with the Raptors. Who’s the guy who kept the raptors from winning before? lebron
A lot of Kawhi haters are Lebron fans (Nick wright etc)
A lot of Kawhi fans are Lebron haters

The whole narrative that Kawhi carried Bums is media propaganda to hype up the Kawhi against Bron lol. Again we are in a league where stars get more credit than the teams

Saying Kawhi carries the raptors probably sounds more spicy than saying the raptors are a well oiled machine, especially since the previous false narrative was the raptors We’re a team of chokers who can’t beat lebron. Kyle Lowry used to get a lot of criticism from nba fans and so did Demar Derozan.

Sometimes it’s not about the facts, just whatever narrative can get people talking the most. Because Kawhi won the ring his first and final year with the Raptors was just a talking point for his legacy.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,924

Post#34 » by JN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:The only people this salty about Kawhi leaving are the same ones who called us craptors when we were struggling, and only recently jumped on the bandwagon once we started winning. Real fans who remember the days of starting Milt Palacio and Loren Woods appreciate Kawhi for what he helped bring this city. The guy did what he was brought here to do and then he went home and made personnel related demands, thinking Uncle Dennis and himself were smarter than NBA GM's that made it much harder for him to win another title whether in LA or Toronto It's that simple.

Fixed it for you.

This isn't even hating on Kawhi's choice to play on Toronto or Los Angeles. That was his choice. But his major flaw came when the Uncle Dennis/Kawhi combo decided they were smarter than Ujiri/Webster or the Clips decision makers. It hurt the ability of both teams to build/properly.

Just imagine if Kawhi had said to Toronto or the Clippers. Listen I will sign here, but I really want you to look into trading some young assets and picks that we have to put us over the top. Please look into the moves over the next month or two. Instead he rushed both teams into a full on no leverage situation with Presti -- a really bad trade in essence.

The problem with Kawhi is that he does not trust anybody. He should have trusted Ujiri's ability to add to the team by giving up picks in 2020/2021.

Return to Toronto Raptors