ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, niQ, Rhettmatic, Patman, pbj, Alfred

mademan
RealGM
Posts: 18,734
And1: 16,275
Joined: Feb 18, 2010

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#101 » by mademan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:04 am

Lowkey, im not sure if he's better than Norm or if he's just given more of a green light.
KL78192020
Head Coach
Posts: 6,627
And1: 5,394
Joined: Apr 19, 2009

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#102 » by KL78192020 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:11 am

mademan wrote:Lowkey, im not sure if he's better than Norm or if he's just given more of a green light.


Norm was absolutely balling this year. If FVV wants over 20 a year, I say let him go and give the minutes to Norm and TD, even Matt Thomas could use a few more minutes at guard. FVV is not the guy that puts you over the top.
TD2FutureStar
Sophomore
Posts: 109
And1: 78
Joined: Feb 04, 2020

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#103 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:13 am

The cap is bound to go down due to lost revenue from covid and the next wave of trauma 2020 has in store. With that in mind im offering Fred 15M per take it or leave it.

For all his pluses he's undersized and makes us play small in the back court. He's a poor rebounder obviously as a SG and he's very inefficient. I would not be upset if he left. I would just slot Norm in for him at the 2 and I think we get better balance to our starting unit. Tons of back up pgs out there in Fa grab one of the top ones on the cheap.
prelude00
Analyst
Posts: 3,272
And1: 949
Joined: Aug 03, 2009
Location: Chillin in Cuba
 

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#104 » by prelude00 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:16 am

pagal wrote:
will wrote:
pagal wrote:hated him from Day 1 and that bullsh*t 3 at the end of game 7 was hopefully the last time seeing him in raptors jersey.

glad he's getting paid, happy for him and his family but good riddance, fu*k BumVleet.


Convenient you failed to mention Senior in the 2019 NBA Finals. Ah...that selective short term memory.


no, I maintain that I've hated him from day 1, against NJ, against Washington, every single game last year and yes, every single game this year, punctuated by every game in this last series.

I think we are entitled to our opinions - like your signature and posts overall. peace.


Against NJ and Washington? In the playoffs? He played neither of those teams in the past in the playoffs. Unless you're talking about Brooklyn this year. He was signed in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
User avatar
TheRealDeal
General Manager
Posts: 9,781
And1: 9,474
Joined: Nov 17, 2004
 

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#105 » by TheRealDeal » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:18 am

This sounds like BS
User avatar
TheWave
Pro Prospect
Posts: 945
And1: 656
Joined: Nov 21, 2019
   

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#106 » by TheWave » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 am

Gotta let FVV go for over 20. I think he was worth about 18m or so.
Yeezus_
General Manager
Posts: 8,538
And1: 10,842
Joined: Feb 18, 2009
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#107 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 am

gp2015 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:Raps will keep him. I cant imagine them not keeping him with an aging Lowry and no true pg on the team. TDJ is not leading this team at point next season.

I think they’ll get creative with the contract to maintain flexibility for 2021 though


Do you consider FVV a true pg though?

His playmaking has room for improvement but he’s come a long way with that and I think he’s still developing. He needs to get better at finishing around the rim.

I dont see why we shouldn’t re-sign him. Seems like the perfect complimentary piece for a superstar to play with.
Yeezy SZN approaching
pagal
Pro Prospect
Posts: 795
And1: 777
Joined: Jun 25, 2017
 

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#108 » by pagal » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:24 am

prelude00 wrote:
pagal wrote:
will wrote:
Convenient you failed to mention Senior in the 2019 NBA Finals. Ah...that selective short term memory.


no, I maintain that I've hated him from day 1, against NJ, against Washington, every single game last year and yes, every single game this year, punctuated by every game in this last series.

I think we are entitled to our opinions - like your signature and posts overall. peace.


Against NJ and Washington? In the playoffs? He played neither of those teams in the past in the playoffs. Unless you're talking about Brooklyn this year. He was signed in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk


washington was in 2018, he came back from a hurt wrist I believe and yet kept chucking 3s and almost lost the game.
new jersey was earlier in the year when he chucked at the end.
Image
-- "He better be a bloody monster."
TD2FutureStar
Sophomore
Posts: 109
And1: 78
Joined: Feb 04, 2020

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#109 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:25 am

I hope we Groom TD2 to be a PG. He has better vision than FVV and less of a shoot first mentality. No idea why Nurse didn't give more burn to TD2, Thomas and Boucher in the playoffs all 3 looked really good all year.

I hope we re-sign Serge and start him at C. Let Gasol retire and extend OG. Run it back with the same core and add some vets to fill the back up roles.

The folowing off-season we wait to see if Giannis is our guy.

Lowry/Davis/Vet PG
Norm/Thomas
OG/Vet SF, (McCaw, Watson, Brissett)
Siakam/Boucher
Ibaka/Vet C
User avatar
VintageVince
Rookie
Posts: 1,188
And1: 894
Joined: Jul 28, 2010

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#110 » by VintageVince » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:27 am

FVV @ 22mil per year is a tradeable asset? no? You don't think you can get a first rounder for Fred if he's signed for 22mil/ y ear from Detroit or Knicks?
Yeezus_
General Manager
Posts: 8,538
And1: 10,842
Joined: Feb 18, 2009
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#111 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:27 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:I hope we Groom TD2 to be a PG. He has better vision than FVV and less of a shoot first mentality. No idea why Nurse didn't give more burn to TD2, Thomas and Boucher in the playoffs all 3 looked really good all year.

I hope we re-sign Serge and start him at C. Let Gasol retire and extend OG. Run it back with the same core and add some vets to fill the back up roles.

The folowing off-season we wait to see if Giannis is our guy.

Lowry/Davis/Vet PG
Norm/Thomas
OG/Vet SF, (McCaw, Watson, Brissett)
Siakam/Boucher
Ibaka/Vet C
Its really simple. TD gets lost defensively and is not a secondary ball handler at the moment. Maybe one day but he’s not there to trust in the playoffs. His bball IQ needs to improve.
Yeezy SZN approaching
User avatar
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
Posts: 11,338
And1: 7,801
Joined: Nov 16, 2006

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#112 » by Yosemite Dan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:37 am

Lol at people who say you can overpay for FVV and then just trade him if he underperforms. If he underperforms with a big contract then good luck getting anything of value in a trade. And If you operate that way, it makes the organization look terrible and good luck trying to get future free agents or re-sign home grown talent when you get the rep of immediately trading away players as soon as they fall out of favour after signing them.
User avatar
Brinbe
RealGM
Posts: 43,617
And1: 16,028
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Location: Terana
         

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#113 » by Brinbe » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 am

i wouldn't pay him that. what are the odds he overperforms that? he's getting paid over his value by desperate franchises.

our strength is taking under the radar players and maximizing their talents, you don't need to overpay Fred.

You find the next Fred.
Image
User avatar
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
Posts: 11,338
And1: 7,801
Joined: Nov 16, 2006

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#114 » by Yosemite Dan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:48 am

VintageVince wrote:FVV @ 22mil per year is a tradeable asset? no? You don't think you can get a first rounder for Fred if he's signed for 22mil/ y ear from Detroit or Knicks?


If we have to trade him because he underperforms? Not a chance unless you take some bloated contract back to make salaries match. Does no one know the rules about trades? You can’t trade a 22 million dollar player for a draft pick and call it a day. The other team you’re trading with also knows that they’re doing you a favour and aren’t giving up the farm to make the Raps happy. You gotta take thier overpaid **** in return.
prelude00
Analyst
Posts: 3,272
And1: 949
Joined: Aug 03, 2009
Location: Chillin in Cuba
 

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#115 » by prelude00 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:54 am

pagal wrote:
prelude00 wrote:
pagal wrote:
no, I maintain that I've hated him from day 1, against NJ, against Washington, every single game last year and yes, every single game this year, punctuated by every game in this last series.

I think we are entitled to our opinions - like your signature and posts overall. peace.


Against NJ and Washington? In the playoffs? He played neither of those teams in the past in the playoffs. Unless you're talking about Brooklyn this year. He was signed in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk


washington was in 2018, he came back from a hurt wrist I believe and yet kept chucking 3s and almost lost the game.
new jersey was earlier in the year when he chucked at the end.
Forgot we played them again. Keep thinking about sweep lol.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
User avatar
VintageVince
Rookie
Posts: 1,188
And1: 894
Joined: Jul 28, 2010

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#116 » by VintageVince » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:
VintageVince wrote:FVV @ 22mil per year is a tradeable asset? no? You don't think you can get a first rounder for Fred if he's signed for 22mil/ y ear from Detroit or Knicks?


If we have to trade him because he underperforms? Not a chance unless you take some bloated contract back to make salaries match. Does no one know the rules about trades? You can’t trade a 22 million dollar player for a draft pick and call it a day. The other team you’re trading with also knows that they’re doing you a favour and aren’t giving up the farm to make the Raps happy. You gotta take thier overpaid **** in return.


I don't think he will under perform. I am saying we trade him later in the year next year or the year after that.
User avatar
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
Posts: 9,027
And1: 12,172
Joined: Jul 28, 2008
Location: Dinosaur Team and Championship Time
 

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#117 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am

Gonna be sad seeing him play in another jersey, especially if its with players I don't like
User avatar
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
Posts: 11,338
And1: 7,801
Joined: Nov 16, 2006

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#118 » by Yosemite Dan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:26 am

VintageVince wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:
VintageVince wrote:FVV @ 22mil per year is a tradeable asset? no? You don't think you can get a first rounder for Fred if he's signed for 22mil/ y ear from Detroit or Knicks?


If we have to trade him because he underperforms? Not a chance unless you take some bloated contract back to make salaries match. Does no one know the rules about trades? You can’t trade a 22 million dollar player for a draft pick and call it a day. The other team you’re trading with also knows that they’re doing you a favour and aren’t giving up the farm to make the Raps happy. You gotta take thier overpaid **** in return.


I don't think he will under perform. I am saying we trade him later in the year next year or the year after that.


Why trade him if he performs up to his contract? Isn’t that the point of signing him? Because he’s a valuable asset for the team and is being paid for it? And even then how much are you getting for an undersized guard? They’re a dime a dozen. We only got something great for Demar because Kawhi was a huge risk at the time. He was considered damaged goods and a bit of a head case for an injury that Uncle Dennis held the Spurs at ransom with. And one year away from free agency. There weren’t teams lining up to trade for him. We got him because the Spurs were desperate to get something decent for him before he bolts the year after knowing he would sit out the entire year.
User avatar
Syd-TK3
General Manager
Posts: 9,516
And1: 9,698
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#119 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:29 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:I hope we Groom TD2 to be a PG. He has better vision than FVV and less of a shoot first mentality. No idea why Nurse didn't give more burn to TD2, Thomas and Boucher in the playoffs all 3 looked really good all year.

I hope we re-sign Serge and start him at C. Let Gasol retire and extend OG. Run it back with the same core and add some vets to fill the back up roles.

The folowing off-season we wait to see if Giannis is our guy.

Lowry/Davis/Vet PG
Norm/Thomas
OG/Vet SF, (McCaw, Watson, Brissett)
Siakam/Boucher
Ibaka/Vet C

They tried doing this early in the year and it only became more obvious that he's not a point guard. He's still great with lots of potential but I think you limit it by continuing to make him something he's not instead of just refining his primary skills
Image
Raptorfan2012
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,559
And1: 2,709
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: Knicks rumoured to offer FVV 22M per year 

Post#120 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:35 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:I hope we Groom TD2 to be a PG. He has better vision than FVV and less of a shoot first mentality. No idea why Nurse didn't give more burn to TD2, Thomas and Boucher in the playoffs all 3 looked really good all year.

I hope we re-sign Serge and start him at C. Let Gasol retire and extend OG. Run it back with the same core and add some vets to fill the back up roles.

The folowing off-season we wait to see if Giannis is our guy.

Lowry/Davis/Vet PG
Norm/Thomas
OG/Vet SF, (McCaw, Watson, Brissett)
Siakam/Boucher
Ibaka/Vet C


TD is not a point guard. Its hard enough to learn the NBA game as is, let along learn to be a pg when he was never a pg through college. TD is to be groomed to be Norm’s replacement, because we wont be able to afford Norm if we do sign a big name FA next offseason.

Return to Toronto Raptors