ImageImageImageImageImage

Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

GG0701
Junior
And1: 207

Re: Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason 

Post#261 » by GG0701 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:01 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:The only thing I like about this rumor is driving up the price on the Clippers so they lose depth and continue a downward spiral.

I initially wasn't bothered but just the overall arrogance that just stunk all over the franchise/their players, can't help but take some satisfaction from the seeming implosion that seems to be quickly building up as Balmer panics and fumbles around to find a solution.

You’re assuming the Clips want him back. It was pretty openly said that Doc shouldn’t have been playing Harrell over Zubac. It was one of the main reasons he got fired. Harrell through Klutch reporter Chris Haynes allegedly leaked a story bashing PG and Harrell deleted all his pics in a Clips uniform
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Re: Rumor: Raptors will make a run at signing Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell this offseason 

Post#262 » by Raptaz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:07 pm

athletic did a good piece on free agent big men available today.
broke it down by salary, im sure they prob on here reading
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#263 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Since Miami is getting Giannis he may be our best free agent signing
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#264 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Training with the Stanimal now. Harrell is just toying with the Clippers now. Another reason Harrell might be ready to move to TO.

I could see a double sign and trade for Ibaka and Harrell, but that would be tough to lose Ibaka. If Masai believes this Championship window is closed than this is a decent retool considering Harrell is much younger than Serge.

If it does go the route of a double sign and trade, then a third team with excess space will be needed to facilitate it as I don't think Serge and Harrell will be the same value.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#265 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:56 pm

I think Harrell has potential from a defensive standpoint. He looked good at times, and maybe Nurse can unleashed that potential. I hate that he can’t shoot though
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#266 » by wtcantfw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:10 pm

Dalek wrote:Training with the Stanimal now. Harrell is just toying with the Clippers now. Another reason Harrell might be ready to move to TO.

I could see a double sign and trade for Ibaka and Harrell, but that would be tough to lose Ibaka. If Masai believes this Championship window is closed than this is a decent retool considering Harrell is much younger than Serge.

If it does go the route of a double sign and trade, then a third team with excess space will be needed to facilitate it as I don't think Serge and Harrell will be the same value.

So we would pay Harrell, lose Ibaka, and make the Clippers better all at the same time? No thanks.
F22_Raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 3,499

Post#267 » by F22_Raptor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:20 pm

I would enjoy watching Montrezl in a Raps uniform this upcoming season. That's a grown ass man scoring down low. Rico Hines pupil and connection with a few of the Raps. You can see the footwork improvements in his offensive repertoire. Also, there's something about demoralizing dunks and blocks that can swing the momentum in games like well-timed 3 pointers. I vote yes and approve of this rumor and hopefully, it happens.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#268 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:24 pm

a year ago everyone would of been salivating over harrell
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#269 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:49 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:a year ago everyone would of been salivating over harrell

IIRC, the Clippers swept us a couple of seasons ago, and Harrell looked mighty fine. But if we bring him in on a multi-year deal, Fred and Serge are gone for sure. Not sure Harrell is worth that much.

What we need to know is whether Marc (a) is willing to come back on a cheap one-year deal AND (b) had a good reason to be so out of sorts in the bubble. If the version of Marc who played really well after coming back from his first injury last season is still there, then I'm fine with losing Serge. Otherwise, we need Serge on a one year deal.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#270 » by witnessraps » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:58 pm

I would be thrilled if we got him, had him in fantasy the last 2 years. His fg% is elite and he can go for 25 on any night. Yes he can't shoot but with a 4 out lineup he could be very effective. We would definitely be regular season elite with, question becomes if he will translate in playoffs. Worth the risk especially if its not a long term deal
Dalek
RealGM

Post#271 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:54 pm

wtcantfw wrote:
Dalek wrote:Training with the Stanimal now. Harrell is just toying with the Clippers now. Another reason Harrell might be ready to move to TO.

So we would pay Harrell, lose Ibaka, and make the Clippers better all at the same time? No thanks.

Well, if Toronto doesn't plan to re-sign Ibaka then a S+T gets some assets back (and Harrell is a good asset considering age and productivity). I know you don't want to make the Clips better, but who cares when Toronto plays them two times a year and will only meet them if they get to the finals. Let the Clippers get good enough to beat the Lakers and stop Lebron from winning 6 rings.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#272 » by wtcantfw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Dalek wrote:
wtcantfw wrote:

Well, if Toronto doesn't plan to re-sign Ibaka then a S+T gets some assets back (and Harrell is a good asset considering age and productivity). I know you don't want to make the Clips better, but who cares when Toronto plays them two times a year and will only meet them if they get to the finals. Let the Clippers get good enough to beat the Lakers and stop Lebron from winning 6 rings.

Lol fair point. This past season I preferred the Lakers winning to the Clippers to kill the "you only won because of Kawhi" narrative. But since our championship has now been validated with the Clippers' collapse, I'm with you on preventing Lebron from winning any more titles.
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#273 » by Raptaz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:20 pm

F22_Raptor wrote:I would enjoy watching Montrezl in a Raps uniform this upcoming season. That's a grown ass man scoring down low. Rico Hines pupil and connection with a few of the Raps. You can see the footwork improvements in his offensive repertoire. Also, there's something about demoralizing dunks and blocks that can swing the momentum in games like well-timed 3 pointers. I vote yes and approve of this rumor and hopefully, it happens.

regular season talk, need players who can perform in the playoffs- sure the siakam haters would agree his performance doesnt warrant him getting a contract from the raptors.

but i believe in massai,bobby and nurse.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#274 » by Dalek » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:27 pm

Raptaz wrote:
F22_Raptor wrote:I would enjoy watching Montrezl in a Raps uniform this upcoming season. That's a grown ass man scoring down low. Rico Hines pupil and connection with a few of the Raps. You can see the footwork improvements in his offensive repertoire. Also, there's something about demoralizing dunks and blocks that can swing the momentum in games like well-timed 3 pointers. I vote yes and approve of this rumor and hopefully, it happens.

regular season talk, need players who can perform in the playoffs- sure the siakam haters would agree his performance doesnt warrant him getting a contract from the raptors.

but i believe in massai,bobby and nurse.

About the playoffs, Harrell catches a lot of flack not being able to stop Jokic. The West is full of quality bigs like AD, Jokic, KAT, Porzingis, Gobert. The East just doesn't have a lot outside of Embiid and maybe Vucevic. You can make a case for Giannis being a big, but you had Miami shut him down and they played undersized.

Harrell will fit well in the East and I think be a good value in the playoffs. Going against mini-bigs like Bam should not be a huge issue. They matched up pretty evenly in the regular season:

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/bam_adebayo_vs_montrezl_harrell.htm
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#275 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Write up the contract masai

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#276 » by Red_Claw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:00 pm

I liked Harrell last off season but don't feel the same way especially with the size of contract he's expecting. Serge finally found his niche in the last couple seasons at center. Need him back if we want to keep winning.
Retro_Junkball
Senior
And1: 277

Post#278 » by Retro_Junkball » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 pm

Meh, if he wasn't racist then he would be a suitable player to pursue. However, he seems to be racist.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#279 » by Zeno » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:28 pm

I don’t see why everyone is assuming we’d send out Serge. It could just as easily be be Norm for Harrell. We could give him about 12-13 million in a Norm trade and still resign Serge to big one year deal. Or even give Harrell closer to 15 next year if he agree to be non-guaranteed in the 2nd year just incase Giannis wants to come.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Sanman9
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#280 » by Sanman9 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Don’t need Harrell...he can be with the punk ass Clippers...whooping it up with Lou and Bev...just sign back Fred and Serge!

Return to Toronto Raptors